• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT7| "In the Garden of Suros" by I. Ron Banner

Status
Not open for further replies.

ethomaz

Banned
Hey guys I need some help with some of my gear for my Lvl 28 Warlock. Im trying to figure out which pieces I need to keep and which ones need to be replaced to hit 30. Ive been stuck at 28 for ever lol and im super close to 29 but I will have everything upgraded by then. I know for sure my gloves and leg armor are from the raid but everything else is just a guess or the best ive found so far. I bought an Exotic Helm last week and finished upgrading it and just got the Chest piece this week.

Helm:
Apotheosis Veil (exotic) light is at +30 and its completely upgraded.
or
Astrolord Hood (Legendary) light is at +18 and isnt upgraded at all

Gloves:
Gloves of the Hezen Lords (legendary) light is at +24 and still has one upgrade left

Chest:
Voidfang Vestments (Exotic) Light is at +21 and only has 1 slot upgraded.
or
Eclipse Maw VI (legendary) Light is at +25 and is completely upgraded accept for the final slot.

Legs:
Tread of the Hezen Lords (legendary) Light is at +27 and is completely upgraded accept for the final slot.

I can try and upload pics if they are needed. Basically which items should i scrap and focus on trying to find replacements and where lol? Is there a Helm thats almost as good as the raid helm that I can get for now till I can do Hardmode? Thanks for the help!
One Exotic and full upgraded Legendary will give you 111 light that is 2 light more than lvl 29. So you can choose any of these options... the result will be the same.

The fastest way to you seem so stay with Apotheosis Veil and level up the Gloves of the Hezen Lords or Eclipse Maw VI.

Unless the Exotic Chest have a cool unique ability you want.

EL CUCO

I keep having issues with voice chat and messaging the moment I start up Destiny.

It's also affecting party chat. People aren't able to hear me

That PSN update can't come sooner. I hope its the fix for this.

I figured out how to make gifs! Yay! Here are a few showing off my grenade throwing skills.

OptimalPlasticCivet.gif

Photoshop cut off the last few frames for some reason but I did end up getting that guy.

SecretAmazingIcefish.gif

Yeah.

PoliteHospitableDuckling.gif

Yup.

LimpingSizzlingIchthyostega.gif

This was from the other day. Because why not.

squadr0n

One Exotic and full upgraded Legendary will give you 111 light that is 2 light more than lvl 29. So you can choose any of these options... the result will be the same.

The fastest way to you seem so stay with Apotheosis Veil and level up the Gloves of the Hezen Lords or Eclipse Maw VI.

Unless the Exotic Chest have a cool unique ability you want.

Thanks! Ill keep this in mind for sure while I try to find a better Legendary chest set for my Warlock. So many systems in this game its hard to keep track of everything. Tried searching online for what the different light levels were for gear and could only find pics the app or ingame.

zoukka

lol I was so afraid of Iron Banner. Now that I finally tried it I was best of the server with my shitty gears and weapon :b

Light in the dark
Tolands Legacy
Dubious Task

Which is the best and what do you get from these?

awesome, thanks for the heads up, will def do this to finish the rest of the bounty

Thanks, what's an easy way to get to the nexus area? I don't know Venus that well.

wow, I missed that, thanks! It took me 2 runs and a lot of time to get the paltry 28 kills I have so far. I know what I'll be doing this evening, cheers!

No problem. I actually went to the gatekeeper mission area for my first few runs and only got around 60 kills in two runs. And even that took ages with lots of running for those.

On how to get there....

You know how you go left to get to the fallen cave to start the winters run strike? Just go back to the point where you spawn on venus and go right instead of left to get to the shattered coast. As you drive past on you sparrow, you will come across a long set of stairs in front of a building on your left. This is BEFORE the big statue on the outcrop. Just go up these stairs and through a hole in the floor. The cave that comes off the hole in the floor is pretty distinctive because it's glows in the dark due to crystals. Just follow the cave and on the other side are the areas i talk about in my initial post. Just as you exit the cave you'll come across the vex vs fallen fight for reference.

Ambitious

Just got to choose another exotic bounty (the 4th already). Thorn, Bad Juju or Invective. I got Thorn, I don't care about Juju, so Invective it is! Speaking of Thorn, I also just upgraded the "Mark of the Devourer" perk. Need to try that asap.

Future

Why do people care about ice breaker infinite ammo in PvE when you get ammo for free when you are empty? Ami missing something?

ethomaz

Banned
Thanks! Ill keep this in mind for sure while I try to find a better Legendary chest set for my Warlock. So many systems in this game its hard to keep track of everything. Tried searching online for what the different light levels were for gear and could only find pics the app or ingame.
It is not that hard.

All Exotics = +30 lights full upgraded
All Legendary (except Raid ones) = +27 lights full upgraded
All Legendary Raid = +30 lights full upgraded

You can choose one Exotic and any Legendary to reach lvl 29... the difference will be the abilities in the gear.

To lvl 30 you require 1 Exotic + 3 Legendary Raid.

Why do people care about ice breaker infinite ammo in PvE when you get ammo for free when you are empty? Ami missing something?

Convenience. You need to empty all ammo types to get ammo again. Now factoring in various combat situations this is more practical and suitable

Much quicker, and doesn't disrupt the pace of fighting. I could sitting on a ledge sniping and it is rare where I have to wait for any ammo. And in higher level missions and raid, a few seconds of just waiting can be death

ethomaz

Banned
lol I was so afraid of Iron Banner. Now that I finally tried it I was best of the server with my shitty gears and weapon :b

Light in the dark
Tolands Legacy
Dubious Task

Which is the best and what do you get from these?
Dubious Taks if you don't have Invective.

The others are Bad Juju and Thorn.

Carn82

I'm trying this week's Nightfall Strike solo here, I'm at that part with the waves of enemies in front of the giant Fallen Ship.

just get on the ship and snipe them; worked for me. (couldnt finish the strike alone tho, havent found a good cheese-spot for the final part)

ethomaz

Banned
I get out of Special ammo every time in PVE (mainly in bosses) and the item refill can be used each 5 minutes only... not sure what are you saying.

Forceatowulf

G***n S**n*bi
Just had a duel with a dude in the iron banner. My pocket infinity vs his mythoclast. I lost, but the shit was close man.

Myrhoclast is just crazy good.

Ambitious

What's the point of Salvage being not permanently available? What's the reasoning behind this? And more importantly, why do I get still Salvage bounties while the mode is not available? Why?

breakfuss

I get out of Special ammo every time in PVE (mainly in bosses)... not sure what are you saying.

Same. On occasion I get refilled with special but it's mostly primary. Also - if you're sniping from a good distance you're likely to not be close to any of the drops.

ethomaz

Banned
No. Just sit there with no ammo an you manage ally get tons of ammo for primary and secondary.
Wut?

BTW high level mission the ammo drop is too low and the fact you have some modifiers that didn't give you ammo from the weapon you are using make the things even worst.

Future

Wouldn't have believed it if I didn't see it myself. Was out of ammo cheesing the nightfall strike by crouching in that tiny area. Ran out of ammo, then just got ammo for free by doing nothing. Guess its a fail safe for when you run out of ammo, but it definitely removes the need for any perks of infinite ammo. Especially if you need it due to cheesing bosses from safe spots

Just try it anywhere in PvE. Lose all your ammo and then just wait a little bit

ethomaz

Banned
Yeah if you run out of all kinds of ammo and wait for about 30 secs you automatically get ammo.

I'm not sure how reliable this is though. And comparing this method to icebreaker regen is a bit disingenuous
But I need to get you of all ammo? That makes the magical ammo useless for me... If I need to use a Special weapon to break a shield then I have to use all my 500 primary shots to after receive ammo to deal with enemies.

Wouldn't have believed it if I didn't see it myself. Was out of ammo cheesing the nightfall strike by crouching in that tiny area. Ran out of ammo, then just got ammo for free by doing nothing. Guess its a fail safe for when you run out of ammo, but it definitely removes the need for any perks of infinite ammo. Especially if you need it due to cheesing bosses from safe spots

I don't know that but It is a useless feature...

You need to smart choose which weapon use... if you need to use all your weapon to get more ammo for your special then it is dumb and useless.

No. Just sit there with no ammo an you magically get tons of ammo for primary and secondary.

That's sporadic at best and takes way too much time. Ammo Regen on Ice Breaker is great, flat out. Especially for Nightfall/Weekly when Juggler is activated and for HM Vault as well.

Edit: Also I don't think it just refills your ammo. I believe it only gives you ammo that's dropped that you haven't picked up yet.

breakfuss

No. Just sit there with no ammo an you magically get tons of ammo for primary and secondary.

Whoa, lol. I had no freaking clue. Heh. Guess I was never patient enough to see that happen. It refills special and heavy ammo as well? Even on higher level missions?

ocean

Banned

This doesn't work when the Juggler modifier is active (I think). Also, Icebreaker keeps regenerating without you depleting the rest of your ammo. Still have some purple? No need to blow it away. Have mobs on you? Keep using your primary while IB recharges.

It's a different effect.

SkylineRKR

Much quicker, and doesn't disrupt the pace of fighting. I could sitting on a ledge sniping and it is rare where I have to wait for any ammo. And in higher level missions and raid, a few seconds of just waiting can be death

No reload animation. So you can keep track of your target and the first bullet will always spawn soon enough.

Future

That's sporadic at best and takes way too much time. Ammo Regen on Ice Breaker is great, flat out. Especially for Nightfall/Weekly when Juggler is activated and for HM Vault as well.

Edit: Also I don't think it just refills your ammo. I believe it only gives you ammo that's dropped that you haven't picked up yet.

Yeah maybe. I don't know. Ice breaker is probably faster. But when I saw the magical ammo it changed how I felt about... Well everything haha. No need to risk life to get ammo and no desire to get any auto regen guns. At least for me

ocean

Banned
My alt is now 18 and can finally earn Marks for my Crucible troubles.

He's got Sunbreakers and Legendary Vest waiting for him. Then I need to buy him a Helmet and Boots from the Crucible handler and I'll be set to run Weekly twice for double the Coins. This will be fun :)

Taking him to 28 for Raid/Nightfall without being carried will take a while but I'll be patient.

Does anyone know what The Juncture is on Venus? I found it via The Citadel on Venus patrol, it's not a part of any story mission, strike or raid afaik. Bunch of minotaurs and goblins guarding a massive spire?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom