• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT7| "In the Garden of Suros" by I. Ron Banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
Another person mentioned this, and I know this sounds quite basic and trivial, but won't you get killed crouching and waiting for invisible to turn on? Feels like an eternity when I'm waiting for it.

if you crouch in a safe spot, you'll turn invisible in ~3 seconds. If your stats are maxed, you'll be invisible for 10 seconds, which is enough to get you to the top of the gatekeeper platform if you run and jump. Arc Blade with vanish also works and gives you some peripheral vision.

I managed just fine without it though.

(okay I lied, I went dark before i grabbed the relic but i "felt" my way over there and waited for it to cool down so i could cleanse myself and bail the fuck outta there)

icebreaker + homing void rockets are your friends if you're going to solo. or gjallarhorn. tha thing 2 shots gatekeepers.

i prefer the solo strategy on heroic. defense gets swarmed by adds if you do the portal one at a time, and if you do the left-right-left strategy of weakening them and then killing them at the same time, you have to worry about oracles over the portals. by then, defense has exhausted their heavy ammo and luck. soloing puts more pressure on the individuals, but you spend half as much time on defense.

*Splinter

Another person mentioned this, and I know this sounds quite basic and trivial, but won't you get killed crouching and waiting for invisible to turn on? Feels like an eternity when I'm waiting for it.
Hide somewhere? :p

I'd only recommend this method to a mixed level group with at least 2 people at 29+ (to solo a portal each)

For a more even group of 27-28s I'd do it the safer war: kill middle gatekeeper, clean up outside, kill left gatekeeper and grab relic, clean up outside, kill last gatekeeper and complete outside.
For that last section you'd want one person at the top of the outside stairs killing minotaurs, one person in the middle or near left portal to keep that area clear for the Minotaur guy, 2 people defending the right portal (this is probably the most difficult part), and two people inside the right portal (pretty easy although some danger from hobgoblins once you kill gatekeeper).

I usually use the 'both at once' for normal and safer route for hard.

Edit: just read Zoba's post, do you get more adds doing portals one at a time? That would change things... my heroic groups never try doing both at once so I only assumed it was too difficult (for 29s at least)

Hiko

Banned
Good god today is my lucky day!

First I beat the weekly heroic to get enough coins to buy the Ice Breaker.

Then I managed to beat the Nightfall with my team and got a legendary sniper rifle (The Chosen) as a reward.

Then I just did a tiger run to test out the new weapons and guess what I got as a reward? The freakin Suros Regime!

EL CUCO

Was doing random tiger strikes, enjoying my new Icebreaker. Looked at rewards..oh good for that guy getting an exotic...wait, that's me!

50ish hours of play time and finally got my first random exotic. Based RNGeesus blessed me.

U0eOBCL.jpg
pKhuAvH.jpg

There's cover if you want to do it that way, but the number of enemies you kill should net you a super. Throw it on and use vanish. Also, shadow jack would help. Escape artist, too. Each ability has a different cooldown for its invisibility. For example, if you crouch and turn invisible, then become visible, you can blink strike and turn invisible again for the same length of time or vice versa.

Okay, I'm going to have to play bladedancer more often and learn the invis tricks. I liked the tripple jump better, so I stuck with gunslinger once I was finished leveling BD.

if you crouch in a safe spot, you'll turn invisible in ~3 seconds. If your stats are maxed, you'll be invisible for 10 seconds, which is enough to get you to the top of the gatekeeper platform if you run and jump. Arc Blade with vanish also works and gives you some peripheral vision.

I managed just fine without it though.

(okay I lied, I went dark before i grabbed the relic but i "felt" my way over there and waited for it to cool down so i could cleanse myself and bail the fuck outta there)

icebreaker + homing void rockets are your friends if you're going to solo. or gjallarhorn. tha thing 2 shots gatekeepers.

i prefer the solo strategy on heroic. defense gets swarmed by adds if you do the portal one at a time, and if you to the left-right-left strategy of weakening them and then killing them at the same time, you have to worry about oracles over the portals. by then, defense has exhausted their heavy ammo and luck. soloing puts more pressure on the individuals, but you spend half as much time on defense.

This got to me. I really think this may have been one of our biggest problems last night was that everyone's luck was on some kind of rotation. If the relic guys were cleaning up, the keep the portal open guys just couldn't hold it. If the outside guys had it on lockdown, I'd come out of the back of the portal and fall to my death. All we needed was a shot at all having good luck at the same time.

Bunta

Fujiwara Tofu Shop
Finally can hit level 30. Now just gotta max out this second sunsinger for the self-rez and I'll be golden.

Nice, congrats. I still need to get lucky and get another piece before I can hit 30. I hit 20 on my 3rd titan earlier. I want to max out my defender skills before I touch the raid on him, though.

Golgo 13

The Man With The Golden Dong
I have a normal Raid checkpoint at Atheon that I need a crew for. I haven't beaten him, and the group I played with last night didn't know what they were doing (myself included) so I'd really appreciate some experienced people to help smash it.

PSN: OldKingKratos

def sim

So, those warlock robes aren't so hot right? I missed out on the Sunbreakers last week so I'm still looking for a thing to buy.

YAY, I can finally post on here. Been lurking the Destiny OT's since OT4 and was just waiting on account activation. GAF's been a huge help so thanks everyone.

Level 28 Sunlock, but no raid experience. Hope I can get a group together and run one soon.

PSN: grimlock33

Yes I have a mic I can use.

neoism

ok guys what is a better leg weapon for those who used it 77 wizard or the FINAL BOSS I'll I have are two fully upgraded rare's does the 77wizard charge rate slow or is it fast?

I've reached rank 3 in Iron Banner.

The machine gun is worth it, only 26 bullets but basically is a headshot machine. It takes 4 shots to kill a guardian in less than 1 second.

Shader is white with gold trimmings, very classy looking.

Armor looks nice but I've been thinking of spending all my marks to buy them and disassemble them for shards while very little people have gotten to rank 3. Good idea?

Raide

Hey I have a great idea, let's all play a pvp mode where the point is to capture and hold points and then do none of that.

Welcome to most objective gametypes in most FPS games. They really should have something to issue orders to defend or attack objectives. Not that the majority of people would listen to it.

Sane_Man

I'm on the section where you go through the portals and kill the gatekeepers before Atheon appears on hard raid if anyone wants to play in the next couple of hours? I got there with a team last night but they can't play today.

I'm a level 29 hunter. Would be nice to have some warlocks to know Atheon off. Not seen it done yet!

darthbob

I've reached rank 3 in Iron Banner.

The machine gun is worth it, only 26 bullets but basically is a headshot machine. It takes 4 shots to kill a guardian in less than 1 second.

Shader is white with gold trimmings, very classy looking.

Armor looks nice but I've been thinking of spending all my marks to buy them and disassemble them for shards while very little people have gotten to rank 3. Good idea?

Apparently the Iron Banner armor cannot be dismantled for Shards. :-/

wbarreda

Does anyone have an idea when/if the PS strike will make it to Xbox? Been playing a lot of strike playlist and it could use some fresh blood.

Qwell

Just about to finish my 500 points in Crucible for Thorne, anyone able to help out with the Xyor portion in just a few minutes?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom