• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT7| "In the Garden of Suros" by I. Ron Banner

Status
Not open for further replies.

Chitown B

This week's way of cheesing the nightfall/weekly boss ruined the tiger strike version. People almost always hide below the platform.
The archon priest is already easy as it is. No need to cheese him.

I've beat him a few times already without ever doing that.

ZangBa

I just walked into that new destiny 3.2 million players thread... Wow... Seems like every new destiny thread except the ones about actually playing the game are full of people hating on the game who sound like they haven't played it very much....

Every game deserves its fair share of criticism, especially Destiny, which leaves much to be desired.

E92 M3

Any word on bigger banks to store our items in?

I hope they do something about that, because right now the stupidly low limitation is bogus. It's especially true for people like me that like to collect shaders, emblems and weapons. Some of the design decisions are just so baffling.

Deku Tree

Every game deserves its fair share of criticism, especially Destiny, which leaves much to be desired.

Sure. Of course. Destiny is a very fun imo and very flawed game. I'm not saying it isn't. But I posted some gaf destiny stats in a topic about player stats and all people want to do is jump on them... And Somebody told me to go back to the OT... Stats are stats... Hard to say the numbers are lying.

Constructive criticism is helpful for any medium.

I don't see the 'constructive' part in many of those posts.
That's what I was thinking too

ZangBa

Constructive criticism is helpful for any medium.

I don't see the 'constructive' part in many of those posts.

So you only read the first page? There's a healthy amount of posts just detailing their experience with the game.

Sure. Of course. Destiny is a very fun imo and very flawed game. I'm not saying it isn't. But I posted some gaf destiny stats in a topic about player stats and all people want to do is jump on them... And Somebody told me to go back to the OT... Stats are stats... Hard to say the numbers are lying.

That's just 1 person who should probably be reprimanded for posting something so incredibly stupid. Stats are nice and all, but this game thrives on addicting players to mundane tasks daily. I don't think anyone will argue the numbers are falsified, but more that the amount of time spent is less impressive due to the nature of the game requiring players to waste a lot of time on things that aren't even fun.

For some reason I thought soloing the weekly would be harder than the nightfall since there are no burns. Wrong. Aside from the Priest being a little tougher to kill it was much much easier. But I'm sure some of that was due to playing less timid with checkpoints available.

Well there is a burn for the weekly heroic this time.

Alucrid

Banned
For some reason I thought soloing the weekly would be harder than the nightfall since there are no burns. Wrong. Aside from the Priest being a little tougher to kill it was much much easier. But I'm sure some of that was due to playing less timid with checkpoints available.

You must not have had a fully upgraded Icebreaker for the Nightfall then

Marcel

I disagree that the stats of an OT have any greater significance on the game at large. NeoGAF is a minority in the buying market and in a player base. Good thing this isn't actually a treehouse and I can pop in here while you lick your own wounds.

darthbob

So you only read the first page? There's a healthy amount of posts just detailing their experience with the game.

Half the first page is people trying to discount the 3.2M figure because the game is online only and released on 4 platforms. Another quarter is people trying to figure out Bungie's math regarding average player play time. Then there's people who either just say 'game sux' or 'game rulz'

Went to the last page and while the aforementioned post types have died down, they're still there. So while there are certainly some posts which I would consider 'constructive' they're like finding a diamond in the rough.

I finished the invective 25 kill spread bounty from 0-25 in one match with the mythoclast. My god. Clearly it needs rebalancing, but what do you guys think they will adjust? I mean now that I've experienced it I know it needs tweaking, but too much and it basically just becomes a less accurate/shorter range suros.

Ambitious

I'd appreciate more detailed stats at the end of missions and strikes. For instance, the total amount of damage dealt would be interesting in strikes.

darthbob

I'd appreciate more detailed stats at the end of missions and strikes. For instance, the total amount of damage dealt would be interesting in strikes.

Would love to see: damage dealt (DPS), damage received, Exp. earned,, engrams collected, glimmer earned on the post game screen.

ZangBa

Half the first page is people trying to discount the 3.2M figure because the game is online only and released on 4 platforms. Another quarter is people trying to figure out Bungie's math regarding average player play time. Then there's people who either just say 'game sux' or 'game rulz'

Went to the last page and while the aforementioned post types have died down, they're still there. So while there are certainly some posts which I would consider 'constructive' they're like finding a diamond in the rough.

Eh, come on man, like every topic has it's fair share of dumb posts on the first few pages. I'm sure we can all collectively agree that those posts are pretty pointless, and no one takes them seriously. This thread is better suited for discussing the game, though, to be honest.

Thank god for that. Last week's was fucking terrible with that bullet sponge of a boss and infinite adds.

Well the Acorn Priest wouldn't have been too bad without a burn if you just used the cheese spot. Last weeks was way harder than the Night Fall because of no burn.

Deku Tree

I disagree that the stats of an OT have any greater significance on the game at large. NeoGAF is a minority in the buying market and in a player base. Good thing this isn't actually a treehouse and I can pop in here while you lick your own wounds.

Really? That's what you think is happening. Haha. No point in arguing with you as I already said in the other topic.

ZangBa

You basically just admitted to coming in this thread to harass this guy about something as harmless as Neogaf stats for anecdotal information. Astounding.

darthbob

Eh, come on man, like every topic has it's fair share of dumb posts on the first few pages. I'm sure we can all collectively agree that those posts are pretty pointless, and no one takes them seriously. This thread is better suited for discussing the game, though, to be honest.

I would agree that the OT would be the best place to discuss the game, yeah.

There's a good amount of solid criticism for the game in these threads as well which I like to see. I certainly don't want to see this thread turn into a big Destiny circle jerk where we all try to delude ourselves into thinking the game's the GOAT or anything.

Also you might want to stay away from the Bungie.net forums and even the Destiny subreddit. They're both pretty... heated.

ZangBa

I would agree that the OT would be the best place to discuss the game, yeah.

There's a good amount of solid criticism for the game in these threads as well which I like to see. I certainly don't want to see this thread turn into a big Destiny circle jerk where we all try to delude ourselves into thinking the game's the GOAT or anything.

Also you might want to stay away from the Bungie.net forums and even the Destiny subreddit. They're both pretty... heated.

Eh, I don't really use any other website besides this one. Though, I'll have you know I am a Sage on GameFAQs, so clearly I am very important.

I like to remain very critical of every game I play, even the games I love. I'm level 30 and pretty much did everything I've wanted, but I wouldn't rate this game higher than a 6 or 7.

someday

Banned
One thing that the Queen's Wrath did for me was get me into snipers. Holy shit I'm in love. I got a void from her, bought Icebreaker for solar, and last night used the last bit of marks I had for the vanguard arc one. It made solo'ing the weekly so much easier.

I also joined some people yesterday and did nightfall for the first time ever. I tried it solo but died with the boss 2/3 down and gave up. I did get some legendary stuff before that point so no real complaints.

Deku Tree

That's just 1 person who should probably be reprimanded for posting something so incredibly stupid. Stats are nice and all, but this game thrives on addicting players to mundane tasks daily. I don't think anyone will argue the numbers are falsified, but more that the amount of time spent is less impressive due to the nature of the game requiring players to waste a lot of time on things that aren't even fun.

That's reasonable. I would also argue that a lot of the daily activities are lots of fun at least to me. Daily Strike. Daily public event. Tiger strikes. Bounties.

No I don't like collecting spin metal to upgrade my gear. So that's not fun. It is a mechanic that is in many if not most games with rpg elements.

If it wasn't fun most of the time I would stop playing personally...

I'm almost rank 3 for New Monarcy. If I switch to say dead orbit will that transfer over and I'll be almost rank 3 for dead orbit? I'm considering getting the Vanquisher 3 but wasn't sure if there was a better gun from a different group.

This week's way of cheesing the nightfall/weekly boss ruined the tiger strike version. People almost always hide below the platform.
The archon priest is already easy as it is. No need to cheese him.

Same with the valus Tauruc (however it's spelled) strike from a couple weeks ago. Now everyone hides under the stairway.

Nameless

SkylineRKR

Have Ice Breaker almost completely maxed out, its PvE beast and not picking it up while you can is a regrettable move. I don't think there can be any better PvE weapon on sale. SUROS is fine and dandy but Shadow Price does the job about as good. And for Raid the Atheon's is rather crucial. Ice Breaker works everywhere, everytime.

Same with the valus Tauruc (however it's spelled) strike from a couple weeks ago. Now everyone hides under the stairway.

True, though I see no one cheesing Sekrion.

Menome

I'm almost rank 3 for New Monarcy. If I switch to say dead orbit will that transfer over and I'll be almost rank 3 for dead orbit? I'm considering getting the Vanquisher 3 but wasn't sure if there was a better gun from a different group.

Nope, you have to start from 0 for each faction.

ZangBa

That's reasonable. I would also argue that a lot of the daily activities are lots of fun at least to me. Daily Strike. Daily public event. Tiger strikes. Bounties.

No I don't like collecting spin metal to upgrade my gear. So that's not fun. It is a mechanic that is in many if not most games with rpg elements.

If it wasn't fun I would stop playing personally...

Those 4 activities you listed have become a chore for me to do. Bounties were the first thing I stopped caring about, then the Tiger strikes. They are busywork content IMO. All the enjoyment I had from those activities had been drained from me because of the repetition. I suspect eventually everyone will start feeling the same after the hundredth or so bounty and strike.

The raid was pretty good, but it was too short, and there aren't enough of them. All I have left in this game is to get the Vex Mythoclast :/.

jaaz

Damn it...capped out my Vanguard marks at 144 so close to the Shadow Price I can smell it

Just a couple of more days Cuco. It will be worth it. Despite being lucky enough to have gotten a bunch of exotic and legendary primary weapons, Shadow Price remains my go-to gun. Have it maxed fully.

It's even more deadly when paired with Ice Breaker or another exotic special or heavy weapon.

_woLf

This game is trolling the fuck out of me, I need one single strange coin for xur for my bounty. I've been doing tiger strike playlist for a few hours now and I have got 7 motes of light and 0 coins.

SkylineRKR

Just a couple of more days Cuco. It will be worth it. Despite being lucky enough to have gotten a bunch of exotic and legendary primary weapons, Shadow Price remains my go-to gun. Have it maxed fully.

It's even more deadly when paired with Ice Breaker or another exotic special or heavy weapon.

Shadow Price Maxed
Ice Breaker (2 upgrades left)
Exodus Plan RS/1 Void maxed (Tracking, Clown cartridge, max reload speed.. one shot praetorians with this beast)

Is how I roll PvE. The only thing I dislike is the 25 clip size. But Hammer Forged is rather good, no damage penalty in the higher mid-range. Chain of Woe makes reloading cake.

neoism

Nice, took me only two Clash matches to get the 25 Kill/Death spread for the Invective.

lol yup same but Im burnt :/ played about 6 hours today.. really dun want to do that weekly again but at least I can die I think.. if I die on the weekly do I start all over again? or at the last check point ?? almost have it even though I really dont like shottys in this game. WHY the fuck isnt there an autorifle exotic bounty :(

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom