• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT7| "In the Garden of Suros" by I. Ron Banner

Status
Not open for further replies.

Izayoi

Banned
Lol @ the joke of a weekly update this go 'round.

Bungie just doesn't give a fuck what we think, apparently.

Maybe the Trial of Osiris will actually be meaningful? (Pfffft.)

jaaz

Tried cheesing Atheon yesterday because it was late, we were tired, and some had to go. It didn't work. Not sure what we were doing wrong, but nova bomb was not moving him (we tried regular nova and lance, should we had tried the triple nove bomb projectiles?). Also had trouble kiting him to the spot next to the edge. He was having none of it and insisted on heading down the stairs.

Any cheese tips would be appreciated!

I've reached rank 3 in Iron Banner.

The machine gun is worth it, only 26 bullets but basically is a headshot machine. It takes 4 shots to kill a guardian in less than 1 second.

Shader is white with gold trimmings, very classy looking.

Armor looks nice but I've been thinking of spending all my marks to buy them and disassemble them for shards while very little people have gotten to rank 3. Good idea?

I was wondering on the Iron Banner armour piece. It only costs 10 marks compared to like 65 or so on Vanguard/Crucible. Does it definitely give ass shards when broken down?

Bizazedo

Lol @ the joke of a weekly update this go 'round.

Bungie just doesn't give a fuck what we think, apparently.

Maybe the Trial of Osiris will actually be meaningful? (Pfffft.)

I dunno. DeeJ is probably helpless at the incompetence around him. I mean, the bizarre reasoning came from a Dev, not him. How do you spin that?

Best legendary hand cannon obtained via PvE play?

lord high fixer is a crucible weapon and im just not big on PvP

The Devil You Know is the best. I got mine from a drop that came with the Perfect Balance upgrade, which makes it OP in PVP and PVE. I can snipe from range and my bullets stay on target even in rapid fire.

Strider

I can easily get over Iron Banner not being a great event... But absolutely do not fuck up Trials of Osiris Bungie. That's what I'm looking forward to the most and the rewards for doing well in that event better be worth it.

I'm creeped out when they randomly follow me around.

I was in a full group of six on Tower and we decided to start swarming over and dancing on this one random guy, he must have freaked out as he started running away with all six giving chase and eventually he jumped to orbit when we didn't give up.

Izayoi

Banned
Tried cheesing Atheon yesterday because it was late, we were tired, and some had to go. It didn't work. Not sure what we were doing wrong, but nova bomb was not moving him (we tried regular nova and lance, should we had tried the triple nove bomb projectiles?). Also had trouble kiting him to the spot next to the edge. He was having none of it and insisted on heading down the stairs.

Any cheese tips would be appreciated!
Think of it like zoning. It's not the ability that pushes the boss, it's the AoE effect that it leaves behind. Sunsinger is the best for this. Atheon will walk away from the AoE. Radiance > guide Atheon off the edge with solar grenades.

I dunno. DeeJ is probably helpless at the incompetence around him. I mean, the bizarre reasoning came from a Dev, not him. How do you spin that?
I don't blame DeeJ. I blame Bungie as a whole for being completely indifferent toward player complaints.

"We all knew they were going to be blue anyway. HA HA HA"

I'm curious to see how long the community will put up with their shitty, dismissive attitude.

I can easily get over Iron Banner not being a great event... But absolutely do not fuck up Trials of Osiris Bungie. That's what I'm looking forward to the most and the rewards for doing well in that event better be worth it.
I wouldn't get my hopes up.

Why does the Trials of Osirus start?
Nobody knows for sure. Probably sometime later this month.

i don't even care about the rewards. i just want to play on burning shrine all day

hydruxo

Got a legendary engram from a Lvl 2 Dreg this morning. Turned into the Epitaph sniper. This thing is a beast but I already got The Chosen from Nightfall last week and Ice Breaker yesterday.

It's solar though... I have like 5 legendary/exotic solar secondary weapons, and both my legendary MGs are solar. Beginning to think I'm never getting anything with void damage on it.

DenogginizerOS

BenjaminBirdie's Thomas Jefferson
I had no idea that there is a limit on Vanguard Marks earned in a week. I can't play anything except Daily SP, patrols, or single player until the week resets. Bummer.

Heel

Got a legendary engram from a Lvl 2 Dreg this morning. Turned into the Epitaph sniper. This thing is a beast but I already got The Chosen from Nightfall last week and Ice Breaker yesterday.

It's solar though... I have like 5 legendary/exotic solar secondary weapons, and both my legendary MGs are solar. Beginning to think I'm never getting anything with void damage on it.

I have an arc and void Epitaph sniper. But yeah, seems like there's plenty of solar weapons to go around at the top.

void666

Banned
This week's way of cheesing the nightfall/weekly boss ruined the tiger strike version. People almost always hide below the platform.
The archon priest is already easy as it is. No need to cheese him.

Deku Tree

I just walked into that new destiny 3.2 million players thread... Wow... Seems like every new destiny thread except the ones about actually playing the game are full of people hating on the game who sound like they haven't played it very much....

Nameless

For some reason I thought soloing the weekly would be harder than the nightfall since there are no burns. Wrong. Aside from the Priest being a little tougher to kill it was much much easier. But I'm sure some of that was due to playing less timid with checkpoints available.

For some reason I thought soloing the weekly would be harder than the nightfall since there are no burns. Wrong. Aside from the Priest being a little tougher to kill it was much much easier. But I'm sure some of that was due to playing less timid with checkpoints available.

The weekly had void burn.

idk what bungie was thinking with this mythoclast but it feels like something went wrong with its design. the description for its timeless mythoclast skill reads: "this weapon has no charge time. it fires a single bolt with each trigger pull." however, you just hold down the trigger and it fires like an auto rifle - a ridiculously powerful one at that.

they should make it like the carbine from halo. really fast and really accurate semi-auto rifle with a shallow mag. it'd still be powerful, but it'd require more precision and finesse. it'd also be more like the weapon the hob goblins use.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom