• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT7| "In the Garden of Suros" by I. Ron Banner

Status
Not open for further replies.

ZangBa

This game is trolling the fuck out of me, I need one single strange coin for xur for my bounty. I've been doing tiger strike playlist for a few hours now and I have got 7 motes of light and 0 coins.

If you want to guarantee a strange coin, make a new character and do the story until you get the one on Venus that gives it to you as a reward. Grind for a chance, or go for the sure thing, the choice is yours C:.

Ambitious

lol yup same but Im burnt :/ played about 6 hours today.. really dun want to do that weekly again but at least I can die I think.. if I die on the weekly do I start all over again? or at the last check point ?? almost have it even though I really dont like shottys in this game. WHY the fuck isnt there an autorifle exotic bounty :(

You start at the last checkpoint in the weekly heroic strike. You have to start over again in the Nightfall.
I'm doing the weekly right now (level 22). Join me if you're playing on PS4: ps_flocki

Eppy Thatcher

God's had his chance.
I don't suppose anyone would want to let a lvl 28 into their Hard Raid group this evening? I really wanna snag some VoG loot before tuesday rolls around. I'm walking multiple different groups of my friends through the normal vault. It's been a long looooooong time since I've had a game where I took on any sort of leadership/guide role for hard end game content type of shit and ... well it's really incredibly rewarding even when i know i'm not gonna get anything out of it. Hearing friends flip their lid when they finally kill Atheon or get past the templar for the first time is pretty fuckin cool.

But... still no raid gear for me :( I sware to god if i get another sniper rifle when i run normal again on tuesday i'm gonna go ham sammich on something.

I'm almost rank 3 for New Monarcy. If I switch to say dead orbit will that transfer over and I'll be almost rank 3 for dead orbit? I'm considering getting the Vanquisher 3 but wasn't sure if there was a better gun from a different group.

The Vanquisher is the best legendary AR IMO. Glass Half Full and Perfect Balance beats anything from Shadow Price.

I love stability. I can never go back to weapon that doesn't have Perfect Balance as a primary.

It's really frustrating to be in a situation in this game where basically the only options are grinds. Right now, I have Iron Banner (no thanks) rep, or I could grind regular Crucible rep, or I could work on leveling my raid shoulders and new helmet...

but christ, that's a depressing list. Progress is so slow.

SkylineRKR

The Vanquisher is the best legendary AR IMO. Glass Half Full and Perfect Balance beats anything from Shadow Price.

I love stability. I can never go back to weapon that doesn't have Perfect Balance as a primary.

I think I'm going to buy it next week, heard lots of good things about it. I have NM at 3 but mark cap is hitting me.

Hit 29 this morning.

I have:

Queen helm, fully upgraded
Sunbreakers, fully upgraded
Normal raid chest, mostly upgraded (2 left IIRC)
"Hard" set raid boots, fully upgraded
Legendary class item

So to hit 30, I know I need a raid helm upgraded. But is there a difference between "normal" and "hard" raid gear? Like, is my normal set raid chest able to get me to 30 or should I not bother putting any more shards into it? And the class item, does it matter as it can't be upgraded? Thanks.

JNA

Banned
Wait a minute...can you do hard mode raid as many times as you want in a week and still get rewards from it? 0_0

Chamber

love on your sleeve
This week's way of cheesing the nightfall/weekly boss ruined the tiger strike version. People almost always hide below the platform.
The archon priest is already easy as it is. No need to cheese him.

Noticed the same thing with Summoning Pits. No one plays Phogoth straight up anymore.

Ghazi

Is the cloak that Xur sells for Warlocks worth it for someone just getting into late game, or should I just grind Vanguard out and get their stuff? I'm three coins away from it.

SkylineRKR

Hit 29 this morning.

I have:

Legendary class item

So to hit 30, I know I need a raid helm upgraded. But is there a difference between "normal" and "hard" raid gear? Like, is my normal set raid chest able to get me to 30 or should I not bother putting any more shards into it? And the class item, does it matter as it can't be upgraded? Thanks.

Raid Helm will only drop in Hard Raid. So, the 'easy' way is to equip an exotic Helmet and get the 3 pieces on Normal VoG.

They're all 30 Light gear.

Just a couple of more days Cuco. It will be worth it. Despite being lucky enough to have gotten a bunch of exotic and legendary primary weapons, Shadow Price remains my go-to gun. Have it maxed fully.

It's even more deadly when paired with Ice Breaker or another exotic special or heavy weapon.

My fully upgraded shadow price, ice breaker and raid rocket launcher... Let's just say I lay down the hurt big time.

I strongly disagree. The dropped version of a maxed shadow price is a game changer.

Hit 29 this morning.

I have:

Legendary class item

Only difference is that you can only get the helm on hard. All raid gear gives 30 light.
Wait a minute...can you do hard mode raid as many times as you want in a week and still get rewards from it? 0_0

Just once like Normal.

ocean

Banned
My Titan has reached level 29. I have no hopes of getting Raid Gauntlets and Chest anytime soon but that's ok. I'm happy with him at this stage.

Anyone who wants to try Hard VoG, one new Guardian to your list: a_javierp on ps4.

For Titan Striker, what's the advantage of Lightning Grenade over Pulse Grenade? I've used Lightning a few times and I'm generally underwhelmed by it compared to pulse.

I can't wait to shoot aliens in this place

numTqzc.jpg

S9yMyzv.jpg

yW1kAoG.jpg

ILOXCqE.jpg

SkylineRKR

What's the difference compared to the one from the vendor?

A dropped version can contain Field Scout which ups the mag to 42. That, with Glass half full or something makes SP a fucking beast.

But its still a lottery. My mate has a dropped SP without Field Scout. Getting one is luck, getting one with FS is luckier.

SnakeEyes

Banned
I think I've hit my peak with Destiny.

I don't mean in interest, I mean in luck with RNGesus. Yesterday, I got:
- Raid helm and Ship from Atheon in the Hard Raid (jumped in at the final boss)
- Hard Light exotic from a purple engram
- Purple boots from a blue engram
- 2 of the 3 purple engrams that dropped for me were as end rewards from the Vanguard Tiger playlist, the other dropped within a Strike.

I think I've used up all my luck. I've pretty much readied myself for nothing but greens for at least the next week.

So it is like Exotic then?
Raid gear is pretty much Exotic Gear without the yellow border and equip limitations :)

I strongly disagree. The dropped version of a maxed shadow price is a game changer.

Rely on RNGesus to get a drop or get a primary with Perfect Balance from a vendor? The choice is clear.

I got the Devil You Know as a drop with Zen Moment and Perfect Balance. Good luck trying to get a handcannon with those upgrades.

A dropped version can contain Field Scout which ups the mag to 42. That, with Glass half full or something makes SP a fucking beast.

But its still a lottery. My mate has a dropped SP without Field Scout. Getting one is luck, getting one with FS is luckier.

Thought all dropped SPs had field scout. That is unfortunate.

Agreed though. My fully upgraded SP with field scout is almost unfair. Hold the trigger until everyone and everything is dead.

ZangBa

I can't wait to shoot aliens in this place

You see that weird little triangular structure at the end? You can find another one if you jump down to the bottom area where there should be instant death. It's such a random thing to find, it had to be on purpose. I won't tell you exactly where it is, though, so go explore. C:

Ambitious

Dropped version has: ADS improves stability, fast reload at the end of a clip, larger clip and carry (42 & 500, respectively)

Mine has Who's next, Field scout and Third Eye.

Is the cloak that Xur sells for Warlocks worth it for someone just getting into late game, or should I just grind Vanguard out and get their stuff? I'm three coins away from it.

I was in a desperate need of an exotic armor for my Voidwalker so I bought it. Had to change my skills around to get all the benefits from it and so far it's been good. It's nice to spawn with the grenade ready. It's definately not the greatest thing but I can live with it as long as I get my hands on the Ahamkara helmet. I'm lvl28 now and hoping to reach 29 when I fully upgrade this and my boots but I'm not sure it's possible though without any Raid gear =/

It's starting to feel like there's only 2 types of Iron Banner matches I get into.

1: Enemy team pulls ahead by 1000 points or so, half my team leaves and we lose miserably
2: My team pulls ahead by 1000 points or so, and the enemy team fights harder and pulls ahead by the end.

Hiko

Banned
Does the Suros have some kind of hidden stability modifier? I don't have it upgraded but it feels just as stable, if not more, than my Vanquisher VIII with near max stability.

Only the Suros Regime is better IMO. Still love the Vanquisher though. Not sure how much the glass half full adds or whether it's like the similar upgrade the Suros gets.

Haybro

Currently under the cheese platform at the end solo on the weekly nightfall if anyone wants to jump in and help out.

PSN: Haybro_

Am_I_Evil

i've got a check point in the hard raid at the gatekeeper...any group i've attempted with yet has not gone so great...

anyone want to knock this out and get this done tonight? 8pm-ish eastern?

Level 29+ preferred and anyone with experience would be a big plus...i've beaten the normal raid a few times and the last few runs through normal was a breeze..

Level 29 Hunter - PS4 - Am_I_Evil

*if anyone has a checkpoint at Atheon...even better...lol

Ambitious

What do who's next and third eye do?

Who's next: A kill with the final round in the magazine increased reload speed
Third Eye: Radar stays active while aiming down this weapon's sights

It's actually my second Shadow Price. The first one didn't have Third Eye, so I was contemplating whether to get the Knucklehead helmet (radar while aiming any primary) and keep the old, upgraded SP, or upgrade the new SP (radar only for the SP) and try to get the Mask of the Third Man instead, which I prefer visually. I decided for the latter.

Cømet

Banned
Cheesed the lvl 26 weekly solo with my lvl 24 warlock, got the coins I needed. All possible thanks to Ice Breaker.

Voidfang vestments look absolutely amazing. The hype train just keeps on going!

X-Frame

Afro much appreciated with taking me on my first Raid.

Ended up with Found Verdict (Legendary Shotgun), Universal Remote (Primary Exotic Shotgun), Chatterwhite, and a lot of shards.

Deku Tree

I wish destiny would let me earn a max number of total points per week instead of 100 vanguard points and 100 crucible points. I never play crucible so those points are basically wasted on me, but I hit the Vanguard cap every week. Would be great IMO if they let you earn a max of 200 total points per week.

EL CUCO

Just a couple of more days Cuco. It will be worth it. Despite being lucky enough to have gotten a bunch of exotic and legendary primary weapons, Shadow Price remains my go-to gun. Have it maxed fully.

It's even more deadly when paired with Ice Breaker or another exotic special or heavy weapon.

By4yrPo.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom