• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT7| "In the Garden of Suros" by I. Ron Banner

Status
Not open for further replies.

Eppy Thatcher

God's had his chance.
Has anyone else spent any decent amount of time at the Vex/Cabal conflict that is at the bottom of the hill from where you start the Mars Patrol? That one spot with the Vex cave got my Ice Breaker halfway through the 3rd upgrade in just an hour and a half or so...

I started using this even before I got my ice breaker and now I run into more and more people in that spot when i go there....

Marvel

could never
Thorn bounty completed with the help of Ruthless and Reaper. Great guys, we had a blast tonight.

I have decided to save it for my Hunter alt I shall create in a few minutes. I'll make an Awoken this time.

SnakeEyes

Banned
Has anyone else spent any decent amount of time at the Vex/Cabal conflict that is at the bottom of the hill from where you start the Mars Patrol? That one spot with the Vex cave got my Ice Breaker halfway through the 3rd upgrade in just an hour and a half or so...

I started using this even before I got my ice breaker and now I run into more and more people in that spot when i go there....
Yes, I spend a lot of time there running in circles gathering chests.

wait, is Thorn supposed to suck so much? got it as my first Exotic weapon and tried it quite a lot in pvp and i can't kill anyone with it, feels like it takes 4-5 shots every time, pretty much the full clip, before someone goes down.. and i just can't get headshots with it.

switched right back to The Devil You Know and now i'm getting lucky headshots and fast kills all over the place again.

i feel like the effort to do the bounties required for Thorn was wasted.. or am i using it wrong? i point and aim and get nothing done.

Deku Tree

Thorn bounty completed with the help of Ruthless and Reaper. Great guys, we had a blast tonight.

I have decided to save it for my Hunter alt I shall create in a few minutes. I'll make an Awoken this time.

How can people help you with the thorn bounty... Does your whole fireteams kills in crucible count towards the bounty?

Marvel

could never
How can people help you with the thorn bounty... Does your whole fireteams kills in crucible count towards the bounty?

I was at the final stage, killing the Unwed Wizard on the Phogoth strike :D

And no only my kills with void weaponry counted when we were in a team for that part of the bounty.

wait, is Thorn supposed to suck so much? got it as my first Exotic weapon and tried it quite a lot in pvp and i can't kill anyone with it, feels like it takes 4-5 shots every time, pretty much the full clip, before someone goes down.. and i just can't get headshots with it.

switched right back to The Devil You Know and now i'm getting lucky headshots and fast kills all over the place again.

i feel like the effort to do the bounties required for Thorn was wasted.. or am i using it wrong? i point and aim and get nothing done.
You have to use Thorn differently than basic Hand Cannons, but it can be a beast in PvP! You need to get the DoT ability and stability for it to shine though.

Eppy Thatcher

God's had his chance.
No, I got mine legit lol though that would have been a hell of a lot faster. Iron Banner control with my beloved Double Nickle void shotgun ^_^

I got to about 100 of the 500 in 2 rounds and then my buddy logged on and i did the other 400 in another 2 rounds. Easiest part of that bounty for sure. Xyor was also kind of a bitch - his 7 wizard palls from Hogwarts were a fackin pain in the neck tho

ocean

Banned
I'll be leveling my alt. If any group is starting Hard Raid let me know! My 29 Titan is ready :) Fresh preferred but if it's at a checkpoint I don't mind. Any new loot will be good. The Normal raid treated me kindly yesterday, I'd even be happy with just ascendants today.

Marvel

could never
I got to about 100 of the 500 in 2 rounds and then my buddy logged on and i did the other 400 in another 2 rounds. Easiest part of that bounty for sure. Xyor was also kind of a bitch - his 7 wizard palls from Hogwarts were a fackin pain in the neck tho

Goddamn yeah, was a pain in the ass for sure.

I'm up to that part myself. How was it, tough? Soloable?

Errr unless you're an absolute ungodly beast with great luck to boot (which I'm not lol) solo is a no-no, though the spawns are toned down should you do so. If you have an Ice Breaker... bring that and if there's 3 of you like we had prepare for a shitload of Harry Potters.

Weapons of light was amazing to use too, a Titan with that will help.

Toma

Let me show you through these halls, my friend, where treasures of indie gaming await...
Encountering that Vex Mythoclaster in MP is no fun.

N

Noray

Unconfirmed Member
I need 200 more points in MP but after that I will need some buddies for the last part of the Thorn bounty! Send me a PM or add me on PSN: ultrajari.

Shito

At last, after complaining about it for quite a long time now... I just got my first exotic bounty!
Chose Invective, and I'm a bit anxious about the pvp part (I'm really not good at it), but if I can manage this, all the other steps seem quite easy.

Funny thing is: I just did a strike without dying, before realizing I did NOT pick the bounty asking for it earlier today. Went back to the tower returning a bounty to make some room for it, and the exotic popped right away... Asking me first to complete 5 strikes without dying. ^^

Just got my first exotic bounty! Which should I grab / is best? Thorn, bad juju or Invective
Hey!
Just like me! ^^
Same choices even.

grimmiq

I'm up to that part myself. How was it, tough? Soloable?

Soloed the wizard as 28 Warlock last week mostly with Gyallerhorn, used a heavy ammo synth before triggering the boss and waited for the cooldown then just rocketted most enemy waves, saved 2 rockets for the Wizard and he went down quick.

You have to use Thorn differently than basic Hand Cannons, but it can be a beast in PvP! You need to get the DoT ability and stability for it to shine though.

yeh, guessed as much. i guess i'll use it in PvE until it's properly upgraded. unless i get some other Exotic weapon, but i doubt it :(

nowai

So I need to spend my Vanguard marks since I'm at 200 and I'm not getting any now, only problem is I have no idea what to get, my weapons right now are; Primary: Atheon's Epilogue (which I'm using), Suros Regime, Vision of Confluence and Universal Remote; Special: Ice Breaker (which has replaced my trusted Suros Regime setup), Invective, Found Verdict and The Supremacy; Heavy: Deviant Gravity-A, Truth and The Swarm. The ones I'm looking at are the Unfriendly Giant, Light/Beware or maybe The Devil You Know, I'm putting far too much thought into it considering I'm not even using the marks and can easily get more.

Late reply, but get the sparrow!

Buy the upgrade from Xur and pull wicked flips!

ocean

Banned
If you buy now, we'll throw in another sparrow and ass shards FREE!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GPewjLFfkEI

53832657.jpg

Deku Tree

Wow I gotta find some people to let me do that to them in a few days. I am offline from Destiny this weekend.

Tawpgun

What's the main difference between hard mode raid armor and normal. Diff stats?

Edit nvm. Thought there were different sets. I do hear there are raid pieces that only drop in hard mode

blazeuk

Late reply, but get the sparrow!

Buy the upgrade from Xur and pull wicked flips!

Sparrow it is! Although how much is the upgrade from Xur? If it's 23 coins it may be one I'll wait on until he shows up next week to see what he's selling first. Is the non upgraded Vanguard sparrow noticeably better than the uncommon one you get from the golden chest on Earth?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom