• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT7| "In the Garden of Suros" by I. Ron Banner

Status
Not open for further replies.

Golgo 13

The Man With The Golden Dong
Any experienced Gaffers willing to help us kill Atheon on Normal? 2 more spots, send a PM to PSN: StaffyManasse

DesertFox

Pvp needs some rebalancing asap. How the hell is passed through like this is beyond me. It's getting frustrating being killed over and over again by too many one shots in this game.
I feel your pain. I've kinda just come to accept it for what it is and play pvp solely for the crucible marks. The gameplay completely invalidates any stats, especially kdr.

aww yiss

your jump at the end was cleaner though. first time i tried it i had blink and that doesn't cancel momentum, as i learned the hard way :lol

haha I figured blink wasn't gonna cut it. I wasn't actually sure I was gonna make it right at the end, didn't know where I was for a second.

dmr87

What would be the most reliable thing to do to get a single coin? Done everything with rewards.

Farm chests, pvp or just run strikes and hope for the best?

jay23

What would be the most reliable thing to do to get a single coin? Done everything with rewards.

Farm chests, pvp or just run strikes and hope for the best?

There's a chance you can get one from public event, if you haven't done it yet.

Chitown B

finished the 26 Raid tonight, the Nightfall twice, daily heroic 28, 5 tiger strikes, and got Super Good Advice.

I think that was enough. lol

I was pissed all I got for nightfall was 9 coins. No engram, no shards, nothing special.

Ghazi

I love how there is at least one map on Mercury in the PvP of this game, but no mention of it in the actual game itself. There's even a render for you to be orbiting the planet, as well. That cut content, though.

Is there any reason to do the raid on normal again if you already beat it?
I think i might have missed some chests don't know if they would still count lol.

Two Words

Yea, IB is overrated. Praedyth has the same 6 size mag with fast reload and zero recoil, it's insane.

Ice Breaker is amazing simply because it allows you to no longer worry about ammo. Take the Winter's Run strike for example. You know those 3 waves of Vex? With Ice Breaker, you can just chill all the way at the top of the hill sniping them all and they'll never even shoot at you and you never have to get ammo.

Finally getting some exotic love for my L26 Titan.

Solo'd the weekly heroic for those last 3 coins so I could get Ice Breaker. Was tempted by that helm, but the sniper seems like it will make replaying strikes and missions a lot more fun.

Bought an engram with my Motes, got some Hunter helm and put it in the vault. Saving playing Hunter & Warlock one with each DLC pack.

Got two exotic bounties one after the other - going for Invective & Thorn.

Happy happy joy joy!

Ice Breaker would be good for Solar Burn and long Strikes/Raid, since you don't need to worry about ammo
It also regenerates special ammo so it's great as an alternative to ammo packs. Just wait til the ammo counter hits 6 and switch to the gun you want and you'll have half of that gun's max ammo pool

Ramirez

I said it was overrated, not useless, lol. I just can't imagine anyone using a Praedyth and still preferring the IB. It's cool for cheesing Nightfalls, sure.

Helm OF INMOST LIGHT is for a Striker Titan right?
I got one from an engram so thinking of making a Titan alt and need to make sure i level the right sub class.

Geneijin

Anyone on PS4 want to do the 28 Weekly? 28 Sunsinger and 26 Voidwalker. Need one more.

Please quote me if you're interested. PSN bit buggy for me right now.

PSN: Kopyasu

Haha yup, only downside is the IB loses its rounds every time you die so you'll have to wait for regen. tbh I don't really like using the IB, my supremacy fro queens wrath is solar dmg and has better stability, rof, same impact but lower range and has a 24 round mag. I just use Ib right now for easy ammo

It has terrible impact and worse range than ice breaker.

Pound for pound, ice breaker will always harder.

Bingo. There's not many areas where the range will matter, but the impact definitely makes a huge difference. Even The Supremacy is better than Praedyth's bullet to bullet due to the impact.

nowai

Bingo. There's not many areas where the range will matter, but the impact definitely makes a huge difference. Even The Supremacy is better than Praedyth's bullet to bullet due to the impact.

Range does affect damage though. The further you are away from a target, the less accurate your shots will be and they will do less damage.

The godlike impact and great range of ice breaker make it hands down the best pve gun in the game.

The ammo regen is glorious as well for long boss fights and learning new encounters.

Ramirez

I guess I should clarify I'm talking PVP as well. I never run a sniper in the raid either, the rest of the PVE is snooze mode with any gun.

Range does affect damage though. The further you are away from a target, the less accurate your shots will be and they will do less damage.

The godlike impact and great range of ice breaker make it hands down the best pve gun in the game.

The ammo regen is glorious as well for long boss fights and learning new encounters.

You're right in that range affects damage... but there's very few areas in the game where you'll be at such an extreme range that a Sniper Rifles damage will drop off. AR's and Scout's... sure. Sniper Rifles... not so much.

MidEvlDed

2-manned the moon strike in the tiger playlist earlier today and once we had phogoth down to 50% health, we staggered him for 30-40 seconds straight with icebreaker shots to the stomach. He couldn't attack or move at all. It was pretty funny because it was me and another random person and when we realized what was happening we just started alternating shots until phogoth was dead.

I guess I should clarify I'm talking PVP as well. I never run a sniper in the raid either, the rest of the PVE is snooze mode with any gun.

Yeaaahhh... I've almost exclusively used my Ice Breaker in PvP and it performs hands down better than Praedyth. And my Praedyth is fully leveled while my Ice Breaker is only as far as the first damage upgrade... meaning I don't even have the good mods yet. Just the fact that if I'm on a roll with sniping.. I don't have to leave my lane to get more ammo makes a huge difference. If I'm on it... I can control and even shut down one entire approach to a control point leaving my team to handle an entire separate point.

It also damn near 1 shots any enemy in pvp. Takes most people down to about 20-30% health from full health and full shield.

Ramirez

I agree that IB is less of a factor in pvp, but impact most certainly factors into pvp damage.

I only aim for the head, so I'm all in with any snip, lol.

^ I refuse to believe you can multi kill people with an IB at the same efficiency of Praedyth with that recoil, but whatever works for each individual.

trick to sniping in destiny pvp is to find a sniper with

>high rate of fire
>low range/smallest zoom/agile scope
>snapshot
>high stability
>high reload
>large magazine

Praedyth checks most of those marks. would be perfect with the unflinching ability.

then you stick to mid range and get used to lining up shots before other players see you.

the guy hard scoping one long line of sight with an icebreaker can't do anything if you ambush him.

I only aim for the head, so I'm all in with any snip, lol.

^ I refuse to believe you can multi kill people with an IB at the same efficiency of Praedyth with that recoil, but whatever works for each individual.

Recoil can be problematic but only when sniping against good snipers. Most players you come across are not good snipers if they're snipers at all.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom