• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT7| "In the Garden of Suros" by I. Ron Banner

Status
Not open for further replies.

squidyj

Oh, I really need to refresh this thread more often :l keep missing opportunities for heroic/nightfall

still looking for heroic and nightfall on PS4, PSN Squidyj

Ramirez

trick to sniping in destiny pvp is to find a sniper with

>high rate of fire
>low range/smallest zoom/agile scope
>snapshot
>high stability
>high reload
>large magazine

Praedyth checks most of those marks. would be perfect with the unflinching ability.

then you stick to mid range and get used to lining up shots before other players see you.

the guy hard scoping one long line of sight with an icebreaker can't do anything if you ambush him.

Yea, this. I'll post a video in a bit that shows something I just don't think you could pull off with the IB.

breakfuss

Game is freaking cruel, man. Dude I've been running tiger strike with got 8 coins in total and doesn't need them (already has ice breaker). I NEED 4 and have received 0. ZERO.

Nowise10

Finished my first Hard raid attempt tonight. took like 5 hours. Still just as fun. I love challenges like this in games.

I also got these bad boys
jgjz68c.png

JNA

Banned
Just leveled my alt to lv 25, yay. :D

Anybody wanna be a pal and let my alt join a normal raid? I got Ice Breaker so I can still hit a lot.

FInished yet another raid, and all I got was shards at every stop. I'll never reach level 30 -__- lol

EDIT: And chatterwhite shader, now all three classes can wear it -__-

Confirmed: RNG hates my guts. Just finished the raid with my nephew and through the whole run he got the hunter cloak, chest armor, Truth and Found Verdict. I officially hate him. I still have not gotten one exotic from the raid after many runs.

Finished my first Hard raid attempt tonight. took like 5 hours. Still just as fun. I love challenges like this in games.

jgjz68c.png

Welcome to the top of the scoreboard.

Is there any trick for hardmode gatekeeper as in different strat? Or is it just a gear check?

what's giving you trouble? if defense is getting overwhelmed, have two people with icebreakers and gjallarhorns or other powerful weapons solo each one. kill the gatekeepers at the same time and then fly your way across the portal to get back. once both relics are out you just kill minotaurs in the middle for a few minutes.

Golgo 13

The Man With The Golden Dong
Finished the Raid on my alternate character and got a Suros Regime, Atheons Epilogue and some shards from the final boss alone!

What makes the Suros the best Auto Rifle in the game? I played a Strike with it and it sure feels badass, very stable. What else?

Finished the Raid on my alternate character and got a Suros Regime, Atheons Epilogue and some shards from the final boss alone!

What makes the Suros the best Auto Rifle in the game? I played a Strike with it and it sure feels badass, very stable. What else?

high impact, range, accuracy, stability, and a large magazine to boot. makes enemies stagger, and if you have good aim you kill very quickly with it. virtually no drawbacks.

Golgo 13

The Man With The Golden Dong
high impact, range, accuracy, stability, and a large magazine to boot. makes enemies stagger, and if you have good aim you kill very quickly with it. virtually no drawbacks.
Thank you. I did notice it was very stable and accurate the very first time I used it, even moreso than the Vanquish I've been using (which is a killer rifle BTW).

I'm also going to assume that healing ability is pretty much bullshit? Seems like it would be too good to be true if it was any good at all.

I didn't think I'd like it much with the slow ads, but the way that helps conserve ammo, and the large clip really leads to more kills. I played some iron banner tonight, and got more triple kills then ever before. I'm not that good, but even I could down three guardians before reloading.

jgjz68c.png

First Attempt? Damn, took me 5 clears to get the mythoclast. RNGesus is with you. Had to do it on my 28 hunter since I cleared it on my other two characters. First 4 times all I got was a couple ships and a single sparrow.

trick to sniping in destiny pvp is to find a sniper with

>high rate of fire
>low range/smallest zoom/agile scope
>snapshot
>high stability
>high reload
>large magazine

Praedyth checks most of those marks. would be perfect with the unflinching ability.

then you stick to mid range and get used to lining up shots before other players see you.

the guy hard scoping one long line of sight with an icebreaker can't do anything if you ambush him.
Low zoom/agile scope is so important for pvp. I wouldnt have been able to do what i do with snipers in pvp. Like this https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RwzVdQdzqnE&list=PLOGqXJaFLfQM6teae8An20MPdGBgvGGBV&index=1

raindoc

I went into the VoG again yesterday, leading a couple of friends who never did it before. For the last section of the Templar-fight, I chose the cheese-spot on the middle floating rock to the left for our team and it worked pretty well. Of course I fucked it up by lunging forward into death instead of firing the Relic's super (wtf?) when the Templar was at ~10%.
Second attempt we got him down to <1% and with two guys already down, a third guy sticks out his head to fire a rocket, is hit by the templar in return and all 4 remaining teammembers die in the explosion.
I, Sunsinger, resurrected: "This ain't over yet guys!"
But it was. That last missile killed the motherfucker at the same time he killed us. As I resurrected, the other guys got their loot drops and we continued into Gorgon's maze, giggling.

zma1013

I keep getting the exact same 3 exotic bounty choices over and over again. Is this a bug or what? Ive gotten them 5 times in a row now.

Indrid Cold

Unconfirmed Member
Wow..did the raid 3 times with my warlock and only got the shader, sparrow and class item. Did it once with my hunter got raid sniper, rocket launcher, auto rifle, class item, boots and shader. lol RNG

Grimsen

Participated in parts of the raid twice tonight for the first time. (Good game to the folks I was with!)

I have a 28 sunsinger.

First one was an invite straight to the last boss. We tried to beat him, including trying to grenade him of the ledge, but didn't make it.

Second invite was for the temple, I think. Getting rid of the oracles, then facing the boss.

We got sooo close to beating that boss, but I think we lacked some firepower (26-27-27-28-28-29 group).

I got raid gloves out of it through, which is neat. But it means I need to replace the sunbreakers with something new.

I think I'm gonna try to reach 29 before raiding again. It was fun, but its quite a commitment.

Just played an entire night not getting anything to improve my light level. I also realized I need to have crucible marks to buy the gear from my faction. Really close to not playing this anymore.

Yeah, curious about this as well. I beat the raid on Hard. Any point in going in on normal?

If you clear on Normal first, then when you clear on Hard you only get loot from the Bosses and none from the chests (except the "Normal Venus" chest).

If you clear on Hard first, you get loot rolls from Hard AND Normal for each phase. So there's no need to clear Normal afterwards.

ethomaz

Banned
Do you get gear for the class you are playing in VOG? Or Can a hunter get warlock raid gear drop?
Class you are playing... I never saw anybody getting a gears from another class.

PS. I finally got lvl 2 on Iron Banner... just more one level.

zoukka

Crucible is hilarious. I can't remember seeing any other weapons today besides AR's and the scores are something like 2:1 or 3:1. Get your shit together bungie.

Frenden

Banned
I've been playing with Timur's Lash and going positive with it. I could probably be doing better with an AR in Iron Banner, but it's grown boring. The Lash is challenging at least.

PepperedHam

I'm all for being rewarded beating the hardest thing in the game but that Vex Mythoclast has to have something done to it in PvP. Keep it powerful as the almighty gods in PvE but it breaks PvP in a way I never thought possible. It's just fuckin gross.

EDIT: Okay, to further add onto this post I too just got into a premade Iron Banner against a bunch of Mythoclasts and come on Bungie. I can't believe they didn't think about this one. It is almost as if they thought "Oh the hard mode raid is going to be so hard NO ONE IS GONNA DO IT HAAAAAAAAAA ONLY A SELECT FEW WILL HAVE THAT GUN!!!! AHHHHH" when in reality, Bungie, tons of people have completed that hard mode raid and that god damn hell gun has been everywhere in the Iron Banner today.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom