• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT7| "In the Garden of Suros" by I. Ron Banner

Status
Not open for further replies.

ethomaz

Banned
Any tip on hard mode gatekeeper?
I know the general strategy, but my team members seem to keep on dying outside.
You are doing one portal per time or the two portals at the same time? In both cases you need one guy to enter in the portal and kill the gatekeeper in seconds, get the relic and back.

While that you need at least one guy in outside (two if you are doing the two portal at the same time) that kills Minotaurs fast (Arc Rocke Launher upgraded kill it).

We had a bit of lucky in this part because our team start to die after get the two relics and I revived just in time to reach the center to get one of the relics because the owner died... so it was the last minotaurs against two guys with relics... we both died but I threw a lot of grenades before get the relic that killed the minotaurs after we died and the checkpoint happened :D

It was really cool to beat that part after die.

ethomaz

Banned
Crucible is hilarious. I can't remember seeing any other weapons today besides AR's and the scores are something like 2:1 or 3:1. Get your shit together bungie.
I'm start to thing we all play in different servers lol

I see more Fusion Rifles (that kill me a lot) and shotguns in my playtime :D

Edit - Two posts... sorry... too late here.

raindoc

I'm all for being rewarded beating the hardest thing in the game but that Vex Mythoclast has to have something done to it in PvP. Keep it powerful as the almighty gods in PvE but it breaks PvP in a way I never thought possible. It's just fuckin gross.

Just keep Exotics out of the crucible. Legendaries too, if you ask me. Make it so that we need two sets of gear, one with standard issue gear for the competitive, more skill based experience that crucible should be and one overpowered superhero-set for PvE and Iron Banner.

Already dislike the PvP influence on PvE (factions only acceptinf crucible marks for example), if it comes to weapons being nerfed in PvE because of PvP, I'll be done with this.

PepperedHam

Just keep Exotics out of the crucible. Legendaries too, if you ask me. Make it so that we need two sets of gear, one with standard issue gear for the competitive, more skill based experience that crucible should be and one overpowered superhero-set for PvE and Iron Banner.

Already dislike the PvP influence on PvE (factions only acceptinf crucible marks for example), if it comes to weapons being nerfed in PvE because of PvP, I'll be done with this.
I'm with you there. Keep the powerful stuff powerful where it should be, PvE, and try to shine some form of balance on this clusterfuck of a Crucible. As much as I enjoy the Crucible it can do with a fresh coat of something.

I like the idea of keeping exotics out of the Crucible. Of course then you'll have people complaining that they aren't allowed to have fun with their reward but still, it's going to come to a point where if you can't complete that hard mode raid and get that Mythoclast then you might as well not step foot in PvP because in a few months everyone is going to have one.

instead of redesigning the entire game on a fundamental level, you can just redesign one gun.

turn this
vex_mythoclast_exotic_fusion_rifle.jpg

into this
800px-Halo-4-Carbine-halo-31073811-1280-720.jpg

and the problem is solved.

i have no idea why the fuck they just made it an overpowered auto rifle. i mean, even the description says it fires a single bolt with each trigger pull, but in reality you just hold the trigger down and it does the rest. it'd be more balanced and more fun to use if it was a very precise semi-auto rifle. the game doesn't have a single one of those.

ethomaz

Banned
i have no idea why the fuck they just made it an overpowered auto rifle. i mean, even the description says it fires a single bolt with each trigger pull, but in reality you just hold the trigger down and it does the rest. it'd be more balanced and more fun to use if it was a very precise semi-auto rifle. the game doesn't have a single one of those.
You mean an overpowered Fusion Rifle? Vex Mythoclast is a Fusion Rifle with no charge time... and it is not auto.... one shot per trigger pull.

J-Rzez

what's giving you trouble? if defense is getting overwhelmed, have two people with icebreakers and gjallarhorns or other powerful weapons solo each one. kill the gatekeepers at the same time and then fly your way across the portal to get back. once both relics are out you just kill minotaurs in the middle for a few minutes.

Sorry I meant the Templar hardmode.

Thank you. I did notice it was very stable and accurate the very first time I used it, even moreso than the Vanquish I've been using (which is a killer rifle BTW).

I'm also going to assume that healing ability is pretty much bullshit? Seems like it would be too good to be true if it was any good at all.
The healing ability is legit when it happens. It only works every now and then.

You mean an overpowered Fusion Rifle? Vex Mythoclast is a Fusion Rifle.

in name alone. it functions exactly like an auto rifle, the main difference being it has elemental damage and a static reticle.

i think it should be a semi-auto rifle with a fast rate of fire. 6 shots to kill and limit its mag sizes to 18 and 30.

JNA

Banned
Welp, I joined one of my friends's Nightfall despite being lv 25 because why not, and I get Hawkmoon when we finished...

Today is a good day. :D (much love to ya Sunvsmoon)

mstevens

omg YES! Got the "Triple Play" trophy... Been trying all day/night.

I was on the Mars map, where zone B came be entered from 3 different sides and guys usually camp in the middle... I got killed by 3 dudes, and as I was waiting to respawn I saw that they were one of each class... and my super was up. So I sprinted back really quick (luckily its a small map), jumped inside the defender's bubble and blew them up. Knowing that they would all be there trying to capture that zone made it even more intense... Was really hoping I wouldn't miss my super.

I was so glad when the trophy popped. I hate luck based trophies. Whewww. Funny thing is I've actually started to enjoy PVP after playing it all day.

Sorry I meant the Templar hardmode.

when the templar summons his legions (usually after 2 rituals of negation), jump to one of the hobgoblin platforms and carefully kill the adds from cover. hop down when the new confluxes spawn.

you have 4 sacrifices for each side before you're expunged. left side is the most difficult so keep your strongest players there.

Steroyd

"Kill enemies in weekly nighfall strike until fusion rifle stabilises"

What in the actual fuck?! I had to cheese that shit with the ice breaker this week because everything is practically one shots.

ethomaz

Banned
i have it and that's not how it works. it's used exactly like an auto rifle.
Well then the description is wrong because it looks like a Scout Rifle use... I don't have it.

Edit - I watched some youtube... you need to pull trigger for every shot... works definitively like Scout and not Auto.

Well then the description is wrong because it looks like a Scout Rifle use... I don't have it.

the description is what it should be. again, they should have just reskinned Halo's carbine. nothing of the sort exists in the game at the moment, which makes it unique and powerful without being the joke it is now. all they'd have to do is remove the full auto ability

Edit - I watched some youtube... you need to pull trigger for every shot... works definitively like Scout and not Auto.

Trust me, it's used exactly like any other auto rifle. Aim down sights and hold trigger to unleash a never ending storm of solar bullets.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8vJPWkf6ClM&feature=youtu.be

this is my clip and i sure as hell wasn't mashing the trigger that fast.

but i do think the gun should require me to do so. lower the rate of fire by 20-40% and then make it require a trigger pull for each bolt like how its description says.

Ambitious

I'm frequently having this issue where the vibration of my DS4 is way too weak. It's best noticeable when firing an AR, sometimes it hardly vibrates at all. But it's not permanent, most of the time it's back to its usual strength within seconds. Doesn't seem to matter if the DS4 is fully charged, almost empty or charging.

Anyone ever had this problem (or at least heard of it)?

Ive been grinding the iron banner I finally get to rank three stupidly thinking the rest of the armor set will unlock imagine my disappointment when I approach lord saladin and all there is for purchase is the gloves what a waste of time

Key2001

I keep getting the exact same 3 exotic bounty choices over and over again. Is this a bug or what? Ive gotten them 5 times in a row now.

Same here. Out of 7 exotic bounties (between my Titan and Warlock), I have yet to see anything other than the bounties for Thorn, Invective and Bad Juju. Granted I haven't completed any of these since I am terrible at it and don't really enjoy it at all.

xir

Likely to be eaten by a grue
Hard mode beaten. We (cheez) whipped it.
All 28 and 29. Cheezed Templar and oracles. Skipped gatekeepers. Titans pushed aetheon

I got shards and the ship. Sigh. Guess you get what you put into it

Oh did get fatebringer but I suck with hand cannons. Any thoughts on fatebringer ?

Hard mode beaten. We (cheez) whipped it.
All 28 and 29. Cheezed Templar and oracles. Skipped gatekeepers. Titans pushed aetheon

I got shards and the ship. Sigh. Guess you get what you put into it

Oh did get fatebringer but I suck with hand cannons. Any thoughts on fatebringer ?

No offense but I hope they hot fix that shit asap, you shouldn't be able to hand out Atheon Checkpoints, and you sure as hell shouldn't get the loot without actually beating the boss the way it was intended.

Atheon is already one of the easier parts of the hard mode raid, the gatekeepers before him are much harder.

Iceman829

Was about to log, but saw rare fusion rifles for sale at the gunsmith for the next 2 hours. If anyone needs them be sure to pick them up.

ethomaz

Banned
Trust me, it's used exactly like any other auto rifle. Aim down sights and hold trigger to unleash a never ending storm of solar bullets.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8vJPWkf6ClM&feature=youtu.be

this is my clip and i sure as hell wasn't mashing the trigger that fast.

but i do think the gun should require me to do so. lower the rate of fire by 20-40% and then make it require a trigger pull for each bolt like how its description says.
Ohhhh I understood... thanks.

JNA

Banned
Anybody need a guy for normal raid. I'm here to help. :D

PSN: Streakydude

(However I lost my mic apparently, but I can hear you guys and I have done the raid many times. :D)

Steroyd

So uhh yeah, doing the exotic fusion bounty and unintentially made it all the way to the archion priest in the nightfall so if anyone wants to take advantage of this on PS4 my PSN is Steroyd.

Bear in mind I'm more interested in the adds than I am completing it.

kidko

Rahool hooked it up with my last strange coin in a postmaster gift so I was able to nab Icebreaker.

Yup yup yup you weren't kidding. Was able to solo the nightfall at 27 with this thing + radiance to save my ass from one shots. Got an unfriendly giant as reward.

panda-zebra

I want to help random groups access the vault but I am never running into other players =/

I've spent 2 or 3 hours roaming in and out of the area to do thw same this weekend, after having someone do the same for us last week wanted to share tye love. Most I saw was a spire humming and a constant stream of people playing the story mission down to thw right.

I'm never going to get a Hawkmoon.

I'm never going to get the Last Word.

:/

Also, easy way to complete the 200 kills with Fusion Rifles in the current Nightfall:

Head over to Campus 9/Endless Steps, there are about 50 enemies you can kill there that are all level 28, so it counts towards the bounty. Better to do it solo so you get the kills.

Also, it isn't a Darkness Zone so you won't get booted to orbit if you die here.

Was planning to buy the 77 Wizard when I reached 150 crucible marks. Leveled up the Cryptarch and he gave me two legendary engrams one of which turned into the 77 Wizard :D

WIll spend them on legendary gear to dismantle now..

Bunta

Fujiwara Tofu Shop
I just got thrown into an iron banner on a team that was crushing the other already. It ended about a minute later. 2 people got the same legendary hand cannon, lol.

"Kill enemies in weekly nighfall strike until fusion rifle stabilises"

What in the actual fuck?! I had to cheese that shit with the ice breaker this week because everything is practically one shots.

If you go to the start of the strike, where you get the 'respawn restricted' warning, you can leave and go the area where the other strike and archive story missions start. There are two areas that will now spawn lvl 28 mobs (the area that 3 servitors for the flayer strike, and the area where you deploy dinklebot first for the archive mission) which will count to the bounty. Run back and firth between them and they'll keep respawning, if you die you will also respawn so it's a much handier way to do that.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom