• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT7| "In the Garden of Suros" by I. Ron Banner

Status
Not open for further replies.

Future

So xur is already gone. Damn forgot to get some stupid frame from him for one of my bounties. Fuck bungie why not make the weekend the actual weekend.

I'm never going to get a Hawkmoon.

I'm never going to get a Monte Carlo.

eqDyB0I.jpg

Gr1mLock

Passing metallic gas
So basically the new hotness strat in Iron Banner is to play the first two minutes to see if you're on the team that is winning and then drop out asap if you aren't. Honestly i cant even blame people. Why waste your time when you wont even get any rep.

Ken

So basically the new hotness strat in Iron Banner is to play the first two minutes to see if you're on the team that is winning and then drop out asap if you aren't. Honestly i cant even blame people. Why waste your time when you wont even get any rep.

dont you still get normal crucible rep and rep marks? no shame in corpsegrinding.

grimmiq

I love the Bastion map..it's awesome how every single game 2-3 of my teammates sit outside of C and try and snipe people at A for the entire match, die horribly to anyone coming from B, then run back to their position and keep staring at that stretch of land that's empty 90% of the time, and it's great that it pops up so frequently too, I don't know if this game could keep my interest if it didn't go to this map every 2-4 games and it feels like Christmas when I get it back-to-back..

Gsnap

Honestly, people who drop out of the iron banner when losing are missing the bigger picture. They still get crucible rep and marks, and they get a chance at getting new items, and they can just work on any bounties they might have. Quitting just because you won't get 30 or so rep is dumb.

Danj

This game is so much fun to play up until the point when I decide to switch over to PvP.

Dunno what you're talking about, PvP is where the real fun's at IMO. PvE is all just "defend the MacGuffin" against hordes of enemies, it gets old.

Honestly, people who drop out of the iron banner when losing are missing the bigger picture. They still get crucible rep and marks, and they get a chance at getting new items, and they can just work on any bounties they might have. Quitting just because you won't get 30 or so rep is dumb.

I tried Iron Banner and it didn't seem nearly as unbalanced as the description claimed, so yeah it's not that different from normal Crucible IMO.

I should try it again now I got to Crucible Rank 2 and bought me a Legendary.

First Light is the worst map.

Bah. First Light is my favourite.

First Light is the worst map.

You don't play Blind Watch very much do you?

Those new items are not guaranteed, and those bounties aren't exactly the easiest in the game. What's dumb is that you get no Iron Banner rep for a loss. It's a mistake and players quitting shows that. If players wanted Crucible rep they would just play regular Crucible.

rdrr gnr

Hard mode beaten. We (cheez) whipped it.
All 28 and 29. Cheezed Templar and oracles. Skipped gatekeepers. Titans pushed aetheon

I got shards and the ship. Sigh. Guess you get what you put into it

Oh did get fatebringer but I suck with hand cannons. Any thoughts on fatebringer ?
"Skipped gatekeepers" ... is there a gatekeeper cheese or something?
You don't play Blind Watch very much do you?
Blind Watch has issues because of B flag. First Light is thoroughly repulsive.

"Skipped gatekeepers" ... is there a gatekeeper cheese or something?

No, people who have beaten them can let you join their party, so you get their save. Then you leave and you are now saved at Atheon. You can skip the entire raid except Atheon. they apparently didn't look at how any other MMO's do raid lockouts.

Bossun

Anyone for the weekly heroic please? I absolutely need sone strange coins,

I have no friends, I'm level 24, upping sun singer.

Ps4 psn : Wdungww

Gr1mLock

Passing metallic gas
dont you still get normal crucible rep and rep marks? no shame in corpsegrinding.

Why on earth would anyone willingly play IB over regular crucible for that? Hell why on earth would anyone play IB other then the fact that by the time they hit level 2 they realized they've been suckered into playing the biggest piece of shit game mode in history of videogames but they're kinda close to getting the gear.

Blind Watch has issues because of B flag. First Light is thoroughly repulsive.

Blind Watch is horrendous because of B. Any half decent Bravo team can lock you out of B and C and by the time you finally get it their spawn they'll have sizable lead from getting the 2x multiplier handed to them on a silver platter.

amar212

Hard mode beaten. We (cheez) whipped it.
All 28 and 29. Cheezed Templar and oracles. Skipped gatekeepers. Titans pushed aetheon

I got shards and the ship. Sigh. Guess you get what you put into it

Oh did get fatebringer but I suck with hand cannons. Any thoughts on fatebringer ?

How do you "skip gatekeepers"?

rdrr gnr

Blind Watch is horrendous because of B. Any half decent Bravo team can lock you out of B and C and by the time you finally get it their spawn they'll have sizable lead from getting the 2x multiplier handed to them on a silver platter.
Yes, I know. They need to move B out on top, between the canopy that covers C and the stairs that lead down to that circular pit area. But still, I'd rather play a dozen Blind Watch games in a row than play First Light more than once per session.

TTG

Absolutely, the only time a team loses ground once it holds B and C is if they try to take over A.

How about they move B to the rooftop of Blind Watch? The area above B point where you can drop down. Keep A where it's at, then move C back a bit near Bravo's spawn. Making capture points a bit more open so they're harder to defend.

Yes, I know. They need to move B out on top, between the canopy that covers C and the stairs that lead down to that circular pit area. But still, I'd rather play a dozen Blind Watch games in a row than play First Light more than once per session.

How about they move B to the rooftop of Blind Watch? The area above B point where you can drop down. Keep A where it's at, then move C back a bit near Bravo's spawn. Making capture points a bit more open so they're harder to defend.

I'm not sure if there's an easy fix. I think the empty area with the silos should be converted and the spawn placed there. It's super easy to go back and forth between B and C and to add insult to Alpha team, Bravo gets that window to rain hellfire on anyone who plans to take C. Shit, they can shoot at people as they're coming from A too lol

Dreadful map.

I got Super Good Advice and Thunderlord light machine guns about a day apart from each other. Which would you all suggest I be using?

Thunderlord is like 10 billion times better. King of machine guns.

Ok, I get the principle, but not the execution.

Who is the team leader in that case? Who can start the final level?

So someone who is currently saved on Atheon invites you to their fireteam, they take you in, you're at Atheon. You back out, now you are now also saved at Atheon. Voila! You skipped the gatekeepers/raid.

TTG

... Bravo gets that window to rain hellfire on anyone who plans to take C. Shit, they can shoot at people as they're coming from A too lol

It's not just that, they can be accurately shot from that window across the map... with an auto rifle. It's one of the spots in the game where that crazy range feels like such an unfair advantage.

cjp

So I'm at level 27 with Vanguard legendary fear and a Crucible helmet. Should I upgrade them using Acsendant Shards to go for 28 or am I better saving those for raid gear?

I can't decide what to do.

So I just wasted 65 crucible points for nothing?...great

I'm not sure I understand or remember our previous posts. How did you waste the points?

So, I bought Alien Isolation and its sitting there staring at me while I play Destiny.

I have a feeling this will be GTAV's experience when I pick it up on the 18th.

ugh glide sucks

No, it doesn't. They are the easiest kills in IB/Crucible.

So I'm at level 27 with Vanguard legendary fear and a Crucible helmet. Should I upgrade them using Acsendant Shards to go for 28 or am I better saving those for raid gear?

I went for 28. There is no guarantee you will get all the Raid gear anyway.

Nobody for the weekly strike?

I feel like I'm talking in the wind in this topic...

Ps4 psn : Wdungww

If you can wait until 10am EST, I will help you out.

Spineker

Banned
I just got spawn killed in a Bungie game. That pretty much says it all.

Also, Fusion Rifles are the new Auto Rifles in PvP. They literally swapped roles.

I think using them to go for 28 is a worthwhile investment, since you are better prepared for the raid. I'd recommend not fully upgrading the helmet, since the raid helmet ony drops on hard (I think), that way you can use an exotic one and raid gear to get up to 30 later.

I would definitely go for 28. You can (much easier) do all the content besides the hard raid.

Ken

Why on earth would anyone willingly play IB over regular crucible for that? Hell why on earth would anyone play IB other then the fact that by the time they hit level 2 they realized they've been suckered into playing the biggest piece of shit game mode in history of videogames but they're kinda close to getting the gear.

Because xp and gear and stuff broooo didn't you read the weekly update

"Derek: Please remind players that, win or lose, they get Crucible Marks, XP, and Gear rewards for completing the match. As with all things Destiny, we’re looking at the data and we’ll come up with a plan to address it in future events."

Any good strike or mission for vex majors/ultras?

Go to the citadel on Venus patrol. 2 zones left from where you drop in from orbit. 2 major minotaurs up top across the bridge, one major minotaur just below near the conflux, which will cause the two above to respawn again. There's also one or two major hobgoblins or harpies waltzing around the area. Shouldn't take more than a minute or two to get the 10 kills.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom