• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT7| "In the Garden of Suros" by I. Ron Banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
Solo the nightfall up to breaching the gate part?

The weekly. Or just patrol near the citadel.

Go to the citadel on Venus patrol. 2 zones left from where you drop in from orbit. 2 major minotaurs up top across the bridge, one major minotaur just below near the conflux, which will cause the two above to respawn again. There's also one or two major hobgoblins or harpies waltzing around the area. Shouldn't take more than a minute or two to get the 10 kills.
Cool cool. Thanks guys.

Just did the weekly nightfall solo, super easy with ice breaker, I was taking down hobgoblins with 1 shot

all I got was a legendary rocket launcher... what gives?

I did the level 22 version and hobgoblins needed 2 shots, for a while I thought I must've had my weekly's mixed but I got the blue engram and 3 coins.

feeling pretty ripped off... oh well, I guess I cheeses my way through with IB anyway :)

BokehKing

Banned
So is there such thing as an early morning raid, I have a level 26/almost 27 Titan Defender that needs to go in there, looking to cheese that first boss before we drop down, ect ect

I had my shortest Destiny experience yesterday. And I realised how based on luck my enjoyment of the game is. I booted the game up and went to the Tower, because I haven't been to see Xur this weekend.

Popped in there, didn't want any of his armour items, of course. I nabbed the Icebreaker. But what I was really hoping for was the Insurmountable Skullfort. So I was kinda bummed. I had both of the other Titan Exotic Helmets.

So it took me 15 minutes to hype myself up, to buy the Exotic Engram Xur was selling. And let's be honest I had zero expectation. There's a ton of exotic helmets it could turn into before it turns into Skullfort. Most notably ones that aren't even for a Titan.

Even when I bought it, I'd justified the Shards it would turn into. Or better case scenario I could leave it for my Warlock character (currently level 6).

So can you imagine the stupid fit of excitment I had when it turn into exactly what I wanted it to be?

gEI1tJS.jpg

(sorry about horrible artifacting)

And that's Destiny. The peaks of excitement come from those lucky moments. As has been mentioned, there is an abstract progression path in the game, that doesn't rely on RNG. That is, you can level without considering drops/random loot.

Would that moment of elation have been as strong, were it not for the minimal nature of their loot system? I probably wouldn't be playing still if there were all these horrible constraints and stingy drops.

And I only played one hour last night, because I got the helmet I wanted, and was suddenly satisfied.

Lol the gun from goldeneye? Forgot about that till now. Those guns sucked even dual wielding
Seriously man, this gun is giving me some shitty flashbacks. Having to unload multiple clips just to kill one damn enemy.

Like you mentioned, at least you could dual wield the klobbs. You could (usually) get the job done with 40 bullets, haha.

SkylineRKR

lmao those checkpoint running Public Events are fucked up. Whenever I pepper them with Rockets they somehow warp towards checkpoint 4 of 5 and they win. Waste of time, had given me a Warsat at the mothyards then.

Am_I_Evil

lmao those checkpoint running Public Events are fucked up. Whenever I pepper them with Rockets they somehow warp towards checkpoint 4 of 5 and they win. Waste of time, had given me a Warsat at the mothyards then.

yeah...i had one yesterday and it didn't even give me an icon to where the second one was until there were like :18 seconds left...was running around the map looking for the correct place, found some guys and starting shooting but it was apparently the wrong group of bad guys...ended up only getting a bronze...

jetsetrez

Oh my god, that hunter special is so fucking annoying in crucible. "Oh sweet, I'm going to basically be invincible for like 20 seconds and just run around slicing necks in for free."

Oh my god, that hunter special is so fucking annoying in crucible. "Oh sweet, I'm going to basically be invincible for like 20 seconds and just run around slicing necks in for free."

Don't panic, get distance when you hear it activated, and make sure you have a direct line of sight over that distance, then just try to kill them like anything else. If you are in a tight spot, run. If you have something like invictius, then just laugh since you can kill a full health bladedancer before he gets to you even in close range.

SkylineRKR

They're not invincible. Countless times i've been had with a shotgun or a Titan Smash. You also need to make sure there are people about when you activate it. Nothing worse than running around with no one to slice up.

Confirmed: RNG hates my guts. Just finished the raid with my nephew and through the whole run he got the hunter cloak, chest armor, Truth and Found Verdict. I officially hate him. I still have not gotten one exotic from the raid after many runs.

:)

I just looked at my time with the game, and it's over 100 hours now. I've not had a single Legendary or Exotic drop, everything has been bought. Still haven't come across a Legendary primary weapon yet at all. All I want is a Leg. Scout Rifle, and all I see are my friends getting them instead who don't even like them.

Getting my Marks up now so I can buy one from the Quatermaster as it's the only way I get stuff in the game. If I did the Raid I would just get a spoon or something as a reward :D

Sometimes I just accept that I'm going to die, but I'll be damned if I don't take him with me. Shotgun blast point blank and melee will do the trick.

Best feeling is activating Golden Gun while they're running toward you and just blowing them away

SUPERIOR HUNTER CLASS, BITCH!

X-Frame

For Scout Rifles, what does Custom Optics do? Description says "Precision glass for better zoom".

Does it alter the glass for each of the 3 sight options for increased zoom?

I don't find bladedancers nearly as annoying as striker titans.

I don't really mind any of the classes, but I know I'm in the minority since I absolutely love crucible. I definitely wanna see auto rifles nerfed and scout rifles buffed, but other than that I really enjoy crucible in all its broken glory. Or just buff the other guns, that would be fine too, but the former would be a much easier solution. At least everyone has access to something broken and I think that's why nothing really bothers me. But I play Marvel vs Capcom, so that should tell you how I feel about a games balance.

There's just no other game that you can carry around 30 fucking weapons and just change at will.

SP17

Someone please hold my hand through the raid, I'm desperate to do it but only get invites to people with no mics and then get stuck on the oracle's because of it, ps4: arrosev, do the right thing...

Daemul

I personally don't mind the cheese in of itself, but it's tiring when looking for a fresh hard mode run and all you see on lfg is people looking for an Atheon save so that they can cheese the boss, fuck that noise.

When Bungie inevitably patch it, it sure is going to be fun having to go through the hard mode Raid with people whose only experience of hard mode is cheesing Atheon. Fun, fun, fun. -_-

The Chef

Reached level 3 with Dead Orbit. Now I want to start gaining Vanguard marks but realized I don't have any Titan Marks besides the one I purchased from dead orbit.
What is my best option to get my hands on one quick?

Please tell me Pocket Infinity gets better. My Light/Beware is in every stat better except Reload. This shit takes a year to charge.

The whole point of Pocket Infinity is the full auto. It's pretty pointless without that.

Once you upgrade the magazine size and unlock full auto it starts to shine. Firing off 8+ shots over the course of 2 or 3 seconds is no joke.

Iron Banner is annoying. I spend more time getting thrown into a losing game, quitting and searching a new game, than actually playing.

I feel it's pretty worthwhile sticking around, people switch sides after the losing game, and unless you are consistently one man down, you'll get a win faster by persevering with your current game.

Bunta

Fujiwara Tofu Shop
I never ran into a Mytho once. Statistically it's very rare and they're fixing the atheon cheese.

I've run into it once. The same guy 3 matches in a row. First he was on my team, we wrecked. Second game he was on the other team, and my team pulled out the win against them. Third game he was back on my team and we wrecked again.

Steroyd

Yeah I had some bs happen to Me yesterday where a hive wizard was getting pummelled by me then it instantly warped straight to checkpoint 4 of 5 which was across the map.

Srsly Bungie.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom