• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT7| "In the Garden of Suros" by I. Ron Banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
I feel it's pretty worthwhile sticking around, people switch sides after the losing game, and unless you are consistently one man down, you'll get a win faster by persevering with your current game.

Eh. I spent 2 hours getting placed on the other side of a 3 man premade where 2 of them had the mythoclast before I made the choice to no longer try that. It was like the game thought "well it looks like you getting absolutely trucked, so enjoy it for the next 7 games".

I really didn't like my Iron Banner experience. Just got rank 3 yesterday and happy to not have to do it anymore. Actual good games were few and far between for me, it was normally just my team getting beat hard or rarely my team winning hard. Took 4 hours to get the final 3 wins I needed for rank 3 and I hated it. Getting actually mad at when people on my team did stupid stuff, like going and capturing point A on blind watch, because I knew losing got me nothing was terrible.

Ambitious

Just got The Swarm and Grim Citizen III. The latter is apparently inferior to my Shadow Price, so I'm going to scrap it. What about The Swarm though? Is it worth upgrading? The perks are Counterbalance, Perfect Balance or Hammer Forged or Skip Rounds, and Reactive Reload.

Sounds good, actually. I'm currently trying to find heavy ammo to give it a try.

😔
What changes from normal to hard VoG?

• Enemies are Level 30
  • Heroic modifier is on
  • No one gets revived until your team gets wiped or you hit the next checkpoint (Sunsinger Warlocks can still self-resurrect)
  • The Gorgon's route is different
  • Atheon detains you when it sends people into the timestream
  • You can get better loot, including the Vex Mythoclast and Raid helmet

Nameless

Just got The Swarm and Grim Citizen III. The latter is apparently inferior to my Shadow Price, so I'm going to scrap it.

Not necessarily. The difference between that tier of AR are so miniscule that it ultimately depends on the upgrades and personal preference in terms of handling. I'd take my Grimm over the Vanguard sold Shadow Price in s planck time. But I've read people finding some dropped ones that have ridiculous perks.

Level 29 sunlock never done the raid oncw as every group just falls apart waitin for 1 or 2 more people, getting fucking tired of this now.
Warcraft never had issues with pugs with long ass raids, we did that shit.

And thwy took ages bungie.. fucking ages.

Sabotage

Had a good haul this week...

Got Ice Breaker from Xur, which aloud me to solo Nightfall, which aloud me to finish my Pocket Infinity bounty, and soloing Nightfall got me 11 shards

tumblr_meob8hbmSB1qhcmreo1_500_zpsa544ce4c.gif

Not necessarily. The difference between that tier of AR are so miniscule that it ultimately depends on the upgrades and personal preference in terms of handling. I'd take my Grimm over the Vanguard sold Shadow Price in s planck time. But I've read people finding some dropped ones that have ridiculous perks.

*points to self*

X-Frame

Just got The Swarm and Grim Citizen III. The latter is apparently inferior to my Shadow Price, so I'm going to scrap it. What about The Swarm though? Is it worth upgrading? The perks are Counterbalance, Perfect Balance or Hammer Forged or Skip Rounds, and Reactive Reload.

Sounds good, actually. I'm currently trying to find heavy ammo to give it a try.

My vendor bought Swarm is the first weapon I fully leveled, it is amazing. I think your dropped version has similar stats, but mine is so accurate and has great range and stability so it's a great weapon.

Eh. I spent 2 hours getting placed on the other side of a 3 man premade where 2 of them had the mythoclast before I made the choice to no longer try that. It was like the game thought "well it looks like you getting absolutely trucked, so enjoy it for the next 7 games".

I really didn't like my Iron Banner experience. Just got rank 3 yesterday and happy to not have to do it anymore. Actual good games were few and far between for me, it was normally just my team getting beat hard or rarely my team winning hard. Took 4 hours to get the final 3 wins I needed for rank 3 and I hated it. Getting actually mad at when people on my team did stupid stuff, like going and capturing point A on blind watch, because I knew losing got me nothing was terrible.

The Iron Banner is a mess. Rep should be doled out based on individual performance rather than whether your team wins, or the mode should've been rumble instead of control. I feel like 80% of the time I get stuck on the team getting steamrolled where half the people bail early on. I'd be quitting too if it wasn't for the bounties and the chance to get legendary drops (I want that ship.)

Also Mythoclast needs to be removed from PvP, not only is it horribly unbalanced it seems to be the catalyst for people quitting. As soon as people start getting killed with it they bail. I don't think raid weapons shouldn't be usable in PvP; if the only way to get them is through raids than they should stay in PvE.

Tovarisc

I wish we could vote for our own maps/strikes

And at some point people would be sick of getting always same strike and same PvP map because nothing else gets voted ever. See C-S and de_dust.

Also is it just me or has OT slowed down like A LOT after it was swapped from Gaming to Community?

I would love it if Iron Banne was Rumble, that is my favorite mode and doesn't rely on teams or teammates.

Rumble IB where only single winner gets IB rep? Sounds fun... not.

void666

Banned
I think i'm about to hit that wall. Three classes at level 28 with 5 subclasses completed. Last one, bladedancer is almost complete.

No cool weapons to upgrade. I want the last word or hawkmoon so bad but the game just won't give it to me. It loves to tease me though. I've seen last word (twice) and hawkmoon given to randoms as rewards for tiger strikes.

All that's left is the raid. The people i play with will probably never do it though.

I'd love to join gaffers but my english is not perfect and i'm not in the usa.

The Iron Banner is a mess. Rep should be doled out based on individual performance rather than whether your team wins, or the mode should've been rumble instead of control. I feel like 80% of the time I get stuck on the team getting steamrolled where half the people bail early on. I'd be quitting too if it wasn't for the bounties and the chance to get legendary drops (I want that ship.)

Also Mythoclast needs to be removed from PvP, not only is it horribly unbalanced it seems to be the catalyst for people quitting. As soon as people start getting killed with it they bail. I don't think raid weapons shouldn't be usable in PvP; if the only way to get them is through raids than they should stay in PvE.
It's bollox 90% of the time the players I'm teamed with are, well.. shit.
not because of there gear but there just down right shit. I've seen 5 people hold one base while the other teams just sit on the others 2 while I'm trying to take them.. if I have a super I can take 1 but by the time I have took it I have 3 guardians piling on me..

Other times there camping just trying to get kills with there new sniper and not achieving shit goal wise, other times there running round like headless chickens.

Not saying I'm uber I'd say above average out of my friends, but compared to most players I'm fucking god.. which is sad :(

Have a matchmaking based on k/d and goal points ffs. Not just pile everyone together it's a massacre.

Chitown B

Oh my god, that hunter special is so fucking annoying in crucible. "Oh sweet, I'm going to basically be invincible for like 20 seconds and just run around slicing necks in for free."

As oppose to the Titan who can beat the hunter's special and decide they just get to slam the area whenever they feel like it instantly. And have an invincible bubble with shield perks. Or the warlock who just gets to not die.

All specials are op. They're specials.

ocean

Banned
Iron Banner should have been:

- A truly uneven playing field with all level and gear advantages enabled. Low levels have literally every other playlist, leave this one for endgamers. I want to save my grenades for the level 30s as a tactical decision etc.
- Skirmish with voice chat enabled for your team
- Rep gain based on player (not team) performance, with assists weighing decently to encourage teamplay.

Just my opinion of course :)

EL CUCO

And at some point people would be sick of getting always same strike and same PvP map because nothing else gets voted ever. See C-S and de_dust.

Also is it just me or has OT slowed down like A LOT after it was swapped from Gaming to Community?

Yeah I know what you mean, but Bungie could implement atleast a 2 map or Strike option that is built not to repeat itself. It'll definitely keep the damn Talas-Cabal strike from popping up 3 times in a row, like it just did. :/

I hate backing out of Tiger Strikes but I suspect that's one of the biggest reasons why people do.

Rumble IB where only single winner gets IB rep? Sounds fun... not.
It's definitely slowed down. Not that I'm complaining though. The thread moved at goddamn light speed before

As oppose to the Titan who can beat the hunter's special and decide they just get to slam the area whenever they feel like it instantly. And have an invincible bubble with shield perks. Or the warlock who just gets to not die.

All specials are op. They're specials.
I dont find sunlock that overpowered myself, have killed a lock and took him down again as he has raised, the secondry shield is also a lot weaker than people think from there mellee, void build is ok you can kill them during there attack even with the exotics which increase defence during it.

titan bubbles, just ignore them if they drop it and work on others, yes if it is on control point it is annoying but just let them take it then nuke them as bubble goes, or if you have a lock with you they can use there super to destroy it.
there instant destroy are is fucking annoying specially as there immune as they do it unlike a lock.

Golden gun is ok as long as they do not see you while they have it, but blade dancer...

Bladedancer is fucking bullshit.

Yaari

Third time getting the same row of Exotic Bounties. Not that I really care for any of them anymore at this point. Even though I wouldn't mind a Pocket Infinity.

Pretty sure I can make IB Rank 3 tomororw. Although I have no idea why I bother, I don't need any of the items.

Chitown B

I dont find sunlock that overpowered myself, have killed a lock and took him down again as he has raised, the secondry shield is also a lot weaker than people think from there mellee, void build is ok you can kill them during there attack even with the exotics which increase defence during it.

titan bubbles, just ignore them if they drop it and work on others, yes if it is on control point it is annoying but just let them take it then nuke them as bubble goes, or if you have a lock with you they can use there super to destroy it.
there instant destroy are is fucking annoying specially as there immune as they do it unlike a lock.

Golden gun is ok as long as they do not see you while they have it, but blade dancer...

Bladedancer is fucking bullshit.

You can't kill more than 4-5 people max with BD before your power runs out. Titans can kill everyone in the vicinity with one hit. Through walls too. And they always beat other attacks

You can kill more than 4-5 people max with BD before your power runs out. Titans can kill everyone in the vicinity with one hit. Through walls too. And they always beat other attacks
Fucking hate vlade dancer, I go out my way to destroy people that use it to keep them down, and the titan attack goes theough walls... damn.

Yesterday has been a good day.
-Another rank up to 9 of the Cryptarch and I got a purple engram with a "Doctor Nope" auto rifle from the Postmaster out of it.
-I finally ranked up to 2 of the FWC faction and bought a slick pair of boots (Astrolord; does the armor rotate? I need gloves with additional Auto Rifle ammo).
-I FINALLY ranked to 2 of the Iron Banner and bought that shiny new bond for my warlock (And with that, I'm all Iron'd out).
-And as of today, I have a total of 29 motes of light (Any use of them besides Xur?)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom