• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT7| "In the Garden of Suros" by I. Ron Banner

Status
Not open for further replies.

panda-zebra

Anyone have an Atheon save on hard to share on ps4? PSN: legoman-D

Does the first chest on hard raid contain nothing at all if you've already done the regular VoG on normal that week? The guys playing decided to sack it off as they were worried they might not get any drops at all.

Cryptarch level 50 - welp. Did he have anything special to celebrate the half century? Class purple and 2 blues.

Ambitious

My vendor bought Swarm is the first weapon I fully leveled, it is amazing. I think your dropped version has similar stats, but mine is so accurate and has great range and stability so it's a great weapon.

Just tried it - it's perfect. And it's got arc damage too! I was actually hoping to find an legendary arc machine gun to replace my old rare one.

Chitown B

Columbus day is a federal holiday. So it's only job related as to whether you get it off or not.

And yes, it is nice.

Non-observance

Hawaii, Alaska, Oregon, and South Dakota are U.S. states that do not recognize Columbus Day at all

Also, Seattle just stopped observing too. I swore there were more though.

Law industry doesn't get stuff like this day off.

Yesterday has been a good day.
-Another rank up to 9 of the Cryptarch and I got a purple engram with a "Doctor Nope" auto rifle from the Postmaster out of it.
-I finally ranked up to 2 of the FWC faction and bought a slick pair of boots (Astrolord; does the armor rotate? I need gloves with additional Auto Rifle ammo).
-I FINALLY ranked to 2 of the Iron Banner and bought that shiny new bond for my warlock (And with that, I'm all Iron'd out).
-And as of today, I have a total of 29 motes of light (Any use of them besides Xur?)

You can buy another bond or an emblem from the speaker. Other than that, no.

Yeah I know what you mean, but Bungie could implement atleast a 2 map or Strike option that is built not to repeat itself. It'll definitely keep the damn Talas-Cabal strike from popping up 3 times in a row, like it just did. :/

I hate backing out of Tiger Strikes but I suspect that's one of the biggest reasons why people do.
Yup the Vanguard map rotation is pure RNG and with only 6 maps the odds of getting in a loop are way too high. I back out of repeated strikes, it's shitty but there is no way I'm redoing that Ta'aurc strike for the third time in a row.

Why on earth can't you select levels on strikes like missions? Just set it to prevent looping the same strike over and over and we can then decide which strikes we want and not get stuck in loops over and over (1 lvl 20 or above token per strike, resets when all 6 strikes have been done)

Two Words

As oppose to the Titan who can beat the hunter's special and decide they just get to slam the area whenever they feel like it instantly. And have an invincible bubble with shield perks. Or the warlock who just gets to not die.

All specials are op. They're specials.
Let's be honest, Radiance sucks.

panda-zebra

Yeah I had some bs happen to Me yesterday where a hive wizard was getting pummelled by me then it instantly warped straight to checkpoint 4 of 5 which was across the map.

Srsly Bungie.

Yep, had this happen twice on Mars, first time luckily someone just spawned in at the top and was right there to take the last remaining few pixels worth of energy off him. Very annoying when these events are fun when they work.

Let's be honest, Radiance sucks.

I kinda agree as someone who uses it, it kinda sucks in regards to PVP. I feel if they're not close to you where you can instantly melee them it kinda sucks. Maybe it should also buff your weapons or something cos all the enemy has to do is stay away from you or just jump away from your grenades.

As someone who plays the Warlock, I feel both Warlock subclasses are kinda underpowered compared to the other classes.

Self resurrect makes it worth it in PVE though

You can't kill more than 4-5 people max with BD before your power runs out. Titans can kill everyone in the vicinity with one hit. Through walls too. And they always beat other attacks

If you look at the average though a blade dancer gets way more kills. When a titan activates his 'panic button', that's just what it is. Rarely they get more than one kill. Maybe more if they're lucky. When blade dancer activates thiers, everyone in the immediate vicinity dies. I would consider it a major victory if you can kill them after only one kill.

gatti-man

Had a good haul this week...

Got Ice Breaker from Xur, which aloud me to solo Nightfall, which aloud me to finish my Pocket Infinity bounty, and soloing Nightfall got me 11 shards

tumblr_meob8hbmSB1qhcmreo1_500_zpsa544ce4c.gif

Did nightfall last night. Got a legenday weapon :(

Tovarisc

Trials of Osiris will be so much fun when already Crucible / IB match victory and loser is decided almost on 0:01 mark of match, from beginning.

• Did you spawn to right team for map X? One team always has a lot shorter distance to 2 out of 3 flags giving them insane upper hand from get go
  • What is yours and your teams latency to lobby host? If host is from same continent as you then you have fighting chance. Different continents? Have fun with that 100+ ms latency lobby

Note: If game runs on dedicated servers then Bungie needs to hire some networking help ASAP. These servers are worst I have seen in many years, worse than BF 4.
  • Does other players in your team understand Control and how what cap effects where your teams spawns? If they understand good, if not you are almost sure to lose.

If you look at the average though a blade dancer gets way more kills. When a titan activates his 'panic button', that's just what it is. Rarely they get more than one kill. Maybe more if they're lucky. When blade dancer activates thiers, everyone in the immediate vicinity dies. I would consider it a major victory if you can kill them after only one kill.

It's the titan's fault for using their super as a panic button. If they actually put some thought into using it, they could kill more people.

gatti-man

Trials of Osiris will be so much fun when already Crucible / IB match victory and loser is decided almost on 0:01 mark of match, from beginning.

• Did you spawn to right team for map X? One team always has a lot shorter distance to 2 out of 3 flags giving them insane upper hand from get go
  • What is yours and your teams latency to lobby host? If host is from same continent as you then you have fighting chance. Different continents? Have fun with that 100+ ms latency lobby

Note: If game runs on dedicated servers then Bungie needs to hire some networking help ASAP. These servers are worst I have seen in many years, worse than BF 4.
  • Does other players in your team understand Control and how what cap effects where your teams spawns? If they understand good, if not you are almost sure to lose.

Trials is 3v3. I doubt it will be control. Also lag is pretty even. I dont get killed much bc of lag at all.

E92 M3

[/b]

Care to expand? Who said this?

It's to be expected. Bungie definitely does not want people to cheese the most difficult challenge in the game.

Blade dancers are actually the easiest supers to counter. I've been killed plenty of times, if the timing of the activation was off.

Tovarisc

It's the titan's fault for using their super as a panic button. If they actually put some thought into using it, they could kill more people.

Even then Bladedancer is tens time more lethal and effective super than any other super in whole game, when looking at PvP. You can't spin that little factoid.

Trials is 3v3. I doubt it will be control. Also lag is pretty even. I dont get killed much bc of lag at all.

So you don't get around killed corners, you don't trade kills, you don't encounter players that you just shot to death yet they shoot you to death also etc.?

Tovarisc

Meh, I've gone back to Gunslinger. It's more fun.

Fun =/= Effectiveness

Single bladedancer can massacre whole team in few seconds even when team is spread out, if they don't have some very hard hitting counter to that blinking fucker that OHK's everything.

I play voidlock in PvP because I like Axion Bolt and Nova Bomb that splits to 3 projectiles because it's fun for me. I still acknowledge that if I want minmax my PvP performance I need level up Bladedancer for maximum super carnage.

Chitown B

not if you're a titan. You activate yours and paper beats rock. Or Warlock can just come right back. It's all relative.

arimanius

Here's really the big difference. For titans to kill multiple people they have to be grouped up. For Bladedancer to kill multiple people they can be spread out pretty far. I think this is why hunters get more hate.

Also I've been killed mid FoH by arc blade, shotguns, golden gun, etc. so titans aren't invincible during their jump.

Blade dancers are actually the easiest supers to counter. I've been killed plenty of times, if the timing of the activation was off.

Both good points but I really do think, that Titans have to be way smarter with thier supers than blade dancers do. The only reason Titans are so hard to kill is cos it happens so quick. Blade dancers (as long as they activate out of sight) absolutely wreck shit. Especially if indoors

BokehKing

Banned
So has Bungie put out a calendar for the next couple weeks worth of events? Because you know I've been spoiled, Queens wrath, iron banner ect ect

Tovarisc

So has Bungie put out a calendar for the next couple weeks worth of events? Because you know I've been spoiled, Queens wrath, iron banner ect ect

You really think they have planned any event after this for while?

Trials of Osiris is only event left, according all datamining, and I don't see it happening right after IB.

Chitown B

Both good points but I really do think, that Titans have to be way smarter with thier supers than blade dancers do. The only reason Titans are so hard to kill is cos it happens so quick. Blade dancers (as long as they activate out of sight) absolutely wreck shit. Especially if indoors

each super can be good if you're smart about it. Blade dancers can't do shit if you're outdoors and too far away. I've gotten killed by titan supers while at the height of my jump away from them just from their activation in the air (bullshit - it's a ground pound no?) or by a titan below me jumping up and getting me through the floor. Warlocks less so, but they can come back after I run by them and shoot me in the back with fire.

Fun =/= Effectiveness

Single bladedancer can massacre whole team in few seconds even when team is spread out, if they don't have some very hard hitting counter to that blinking fucker that OHK's everything.

I play voidlock in PvP because I like Axion Bolt and Nova Bomb that splits to 3 projectiles because it's fun for me. I still acknowledge that if I want minmax my PvP performance I need level up Bladedancer for maximum super carnage.

Symbiote helm, 4 golden gun shots, combustion. Doesn't take much.

gatti-man

Even then Bladedancer is tens time more lethal and effective super than any other super in whole game, when looking at PvP. You can't spin that little factoid.

So you don't get around killed corners, you don't trade kills, you don't encounter players that you just shot to death yet they shoot you to death also etc.?
trading kills isnt necessarily a product of lag.

I kill around corners (titan shoulder smash) on the rare occasion someone is quick with the shotgun i die. Nothing cheesy though.

very very rarely does a gunfight result in twin deaths for me which once again doesnt necessarily mean lag.

Ive never lost or won a game because of lag.

So as someone who solely plays PvE, the Sunsinger should be my Warlock class of choice?

Meh.

I really like Voidwalker for PvE. Especially if its anything involving minotaurs and their void shield. I also like hurling my Nova Bomb across the map at a boss.

Sunsinger is great for Nightfall and Raids because you can self-res. But for everything else I prefer Voidwalker.

gatti-man

Fun =/= Effectiveness

If the team is bad yes a blade dancer can wreck them. If the team is good blade dancer will be handled. It has a loud audio que. You just back up and head shot the dancer down with an ar. Dancing is only dangerous in tight spaces.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom