• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT7| "In the Garden of Suros" by I. Ron Banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm never going to get the Last Word.

:/

Also, easy way to complete the 200 kills with Fusion Rifles in the current Nightfall:

Head over to Campus 9/Endless Steps, there are about 50 enemies you can kill there that are all level 28, so it counts towards the bounty. Better to do it solo so you get the kills.

Also, it isn't a Darkness Zone so you won't get booted to orbit if you die here.
Thanks for this.

BokehKing

Banned
You really think they have planned any event after this for while?

Trials of Osiris is only event left, according all datamining, and I don't see it happening right after IB.
Oh... I expect something every week to keep the grind going, I expect some sort of activity at the bounty board. Animated emblems I don't know

each super can be good if you're smart about it. Blade dancers can't do shit if you're outdoors and too far away. I've gotten killed by titan supers while at the height of my jump away from them just from their activation in the air (bullshit - it's a ground pound no?) or by a titan below me jumping up and getting me through the floor. Warlocks less so, but they can come back after I run by them and shoot me in the back with fire.

True, but for the titan, there is far more temptation for it to be used as a panic button than blade dancer. Plus the reason why everyone gets mashed by the AoE is because it's a cylinder which extends straight into the air instead of a dome like it should be.

And the warlock self-res? Almost like another kill for you. If you know what to look out for. Plus it's not like they get any extra protection.

DesertFox

Not sure if this is known but I discovered this last night while doing the PI bounty.

If you're out of ammo for a secondary, switch to Ice Breaker and let it regen 6 bullets. Switch back to the secondary you were using and you'll have more ammo.

Was giving me 12 shots for my fusion rifle every time. No need for special ammo synth ever again, with the added benefit of no 5 minute cooldown.

Looking for a group for Vault of Glass (PS4) - Normal
Starting at 1:00pm EST (About 90 minutes from now)

New Raiders are welcome to participate.

- Kor_of_Memory (29 Titan)
- AMadTeaParty (28 Warlock)
-
-
-
-

Any takers?

Tovarisc

trading kills isnt necessarily a product of lag.

I kill around corners (titan shoulder smash) on the rare occasion someone is quick with the shotgun i die. Nothing cheesy though.

very very rarely does a gunfight result in twin deaths for me which once again doesnt necessarily mean lag.

Ive never lost or won a game because of lag.

Gz, you must be only Destiny player who doesn't experience fucked hit detection, constant kill trades, getting killed by enemy you just killed because insane delays etc.

This game suffers from high latency lobbies combined with, what must, be 10 tick rate. It's 2014, shit like this should be unacceptable.

If the team is bad yes a blade dancer can wreck them. If the team is good blade dancer will be handled. It has a loud audio que. You just back up and head shot the dancer down with an ar. Dancing is only dangerous in tight spaces.

"Dancing is dangerous in every other map than Bastion and First Light so it's balanced", k

When I put two Invective rounds through Bladedancers skull from close range, before he manages to OHK slash me, and survives it I think something is out of balance. Same treatment to Titan or Warlock take theirs head clean off, even during super cast.

I have seen dancer take down multiple enemies without any issue or threat of dying while these enemies were firing at it. Same time I know you can kill that fucked super, but 4 out of 5 times dancer will come out on top without any problem.

I think people who keep telling us how bladedancer is super easy to counter or balanced are ones playing it and don't want see it nerfed. That KDR booster is hard to let go ;)

This weeks Bungie Weekly Update was a huge letdown. Basically explaining how they setup high expectations for Iron Banner and it ended up being a huge letdown. No new details for changes and improvements.

Queens Wrath was a huge letdown for high level players, especially after they nerfed the shard rewards.

None of the "new" content they delivered since launch has been anything worthwhile.

I would take a new public event with a huge war between factions and a few walkers. Fuck.

Lima

Why do these Warlocks keep self-resurrecting when I just just killed them with a golden gun shot? Like okay dude just resurrect and I'll just kill you again. So dumb. If I were a warlock I would never use that shit in crucible. So useless.

Brazil

Living in the shadow of Amaz

-
-
-
-

Any takers?

Add ShiggyArchey (27 Hunter) and ArcheyShiggy (28 Warlock) to that list :)

Megatron

Do weapons continue to accrue experience if you switch them between characters? For those of you with multiple characters, do you just use the same legendary/exotic weapons for each character?

Chitown B

True, but for the titan, there is far more temptation for it to be used as a panic button than blade dancer. Plus the reason why everyone gets mashed by the AoE is because it's a cylinder which extends straight into the air instead of a dome like it should be.

And the warlock self-res? Almost like another kill for you. If you know what to look out for. Plus it's not like they get any extra protection.

yes, they do. You get extra damage reduction when you are resurrected.

I pretty much only use my blade dancer special as a panic button too.

Lima

Do weapons continue to accrue experience if you switch them between characters? For those of you with multiple characters, do you just use the same legendary/exotic weapons for each character?

Yes. You can also do the bounties multiple times a day to level them up quicker.

hydruxo

Oh... I enjoyed it but I guess everything is subjective, I wouldn't mind them improving on people's complaints

Rewards for both just aren't good enough to warrant putting a lot of time into them. Queens Wrath especially, which Bungie made irrelevant after taking away Asc. materials from dismantling the rewards. Iron Banner, you have to play 40+ matches to get to rank 2. And you have to win them all, or complete the ridiculous bounties that take way too much time. All for what? A couple class items? Armor that has the same stats as any other legendary you can buy from other vendors? A machine gun that isn't anything special?

I love Destiny. I really do, I've played this game 100 hours so far and I enjoy it thoroughly. I just really think the events are poorly implemented and don't bring anything truly new to the table. If they want to make these events worthwhile, they need to make the rewards stand out from what is already available in the base game. There's no incentive to do these events when the rewards are just reskinned items we've been able to get for weeks.

I'm not even going to get into how IB isn't what it was advertised as, but others in this thread have talked about that at length.

"Dancing is dangerous in every other map than Bastion and First Light so it's balanced", k

When I put two Invective rounds through Bladedancers skull from close range, before he manages to OHK slash me, and survives it I think something is out of balance. Same treatment to Titan or Warlock take theirs head clean off, even during super cast.

I have seen dancer take down multiple enemies without any issue or threat of dying while these enemies were firing at it. Same time I know you can kill that fucked super, but 4 out of 5 times dancer will come out on top without any problem.

I think people who keep telling us how bladedancer is super easy to counter or balanced are ones playing it and don't want see it nerfed. That KDR booster is hard to let go ;)

:lol or maybe you're just bad at countering it. If you don't think you can take them on, just run and let them waste their super. Same goes for Gunslingers.

- ShiggyArchey (27 Hunter)
- ArcheyShiggy (27 Warlock)
- pansargryning (28 Hunter)
-

Just so I know, have you guys ran through before or not?

Tawpgun

Balancing the classes is tough.

Hunter super has the most potential to kill for sure. If you look at the stats hunter super kills more people on average than any other super.

But the hunter class is also gimped in high level PvE. Blade dancer is only good for low level adds, and even then it's still risky. Stealth revives is probably it's best feature. And also uses less in hard mode raid.

Golden gun is an advantage against some enemies and oracles but the advantages are marginal.

If you nerf the hunter in PvP then you also kill them further in pve.

Stats say arc blade is the best super. But I also believe it's really easy to counter. I've been killed so many times when using it without getting a kill. If it's me and one guy, if they are far enough away he has a chance. If they are close I will probably get the kill and he might damage me a lot with a death melee or shotgun. But this should happen. It's a super after all. Once you add more guardians in the room, if they focus their fire on you you can't do shit.

Brazil

Living in the shadow of Amaz

-

Just so I know, have you guys ran through before or not?

I got to the last boss. Couldn't get him down, though, because two of our teammembers disconnected :p

I know the mechanics, though.

BokehKing

Banned
Lvl 26 (almost 27 just need gloves) titan defender looking for normal raid group on psn

I have mic, I know the fights, beaten raid at least 4 times on my sunbro warlock

Psn=devilsadvocat631

(have Aethon's Epilogue with the bonus Oracle damage if that's a plus)

Megasoum

Banned
Sigh.... I really wish Xur would stay the whole week-end.

Missed the window again to buy the chest piece.

I've been stuck at 27 for weeks now with my all purple armors.

Ambitious

Destiny is actually the first game I actively play online. And it made me realize one thing: My PSN ID is really, really not that bad compared to some others out there.

-
-
-
-

Any takers?

I'll help if you're interested in a first timer lvl.26 sunbro.

PSN:SEBattleship

patchday

Both good points but I really do think, that Titans have to be way smarter with thier supers than blade dancers do. The only reason Titans are so hard to kill is cos it happens so quick. Blade dancers (as long as they activate out of sight) absolutely wreck shit. Especially if indoors

Interesting topic because you guys are discussing my 2 favorite Classes in Crucible (L23 Hunter, L28 Titan)

That part right there is pretty true.

I think all the supers have an inherent problem that imbalances them for PvP. Its the fact that people cant react. When I see a Titan about to 'fist of havoc' me I have no time to jump out of the way. They activate in like 1 frame. Players have no defensive moves.

So my take on this matter is that PvP is broken at a fundamental level due to Supers. They are still a very fun element but it truly is a one way street unless you have your own Super up as well.

Oh great... Just noticed my PS4's R2 trigger is broken. It works, but gets stuck halfway returning to the original position and is a bit twisted to the side.

Saw online that it's a relatively common issue, a design flaw where one of the pins on the trigger that makes up the hinge breaks.

I like the PS4 controller's design, but Sony did make a few mistakes in how they designed and manufactured some parts.

Tovarisc

:lol or maybe you're just bad at countering it. If you don't think you can take them on, just run and let them waste their super. Same goes for Gunslingers.

Gunslinger is easy to counter, put bullet through his brain and he drops like sack of potatoes.

Same goes to Sunsinger or Voidlock.

Defender Titan, meh. You have super to use on him? Otherwise just wait him out.

Striker, you need some luck for your hits to register and kill him before he gets leap off. Distance helps a lot, nothing to be done when close.

Bladedancer? Blinking left and right, back and forth, while getting invincibility frames on top of insane damage reduction and OHK attack. You can counter it with Fist of Havoc, Nova, RPG or very lucky shotgun hits.

If Bladedancer is running at you in straight line from far away, not blinking [attacking] I'm not sure he even knows capabilities of his super.

Lima

It's not. I could use The Swarm and be just as effective. But I'm glad you cut out the rest of my post to focus on one little detail. Thanks bud.

It is unless you have a dropped swarm that has a mag size upgrade. The one bought from the vendor is inferior to Jolder's hammer in every way.

patchday

Gunslinger is easy to counter, put bullet through his brain and he drops like sack of potatoes.

Same goes to Sunsinger or Voidlock.

Defender Titan, meh. You have super to use on him? Otherwise just wait him out.

Striker, you need some luck for your hits to register and kill him before he gets leap off. Distance helps a lot, nothing to be done when close.

Bladedancer? Blinking left and right, back and forth, while getting invincibility frames on top of insane damage reduction and OHK attack. You can counter it with Fist of Havoc, Nova, RPG or very lucky shotgun hits.

If Bladedancer is running at you in straight line from far away, not blinking [attacking] I'm not sure he even knows capabilities of his super

Or he hasn't unlocked that yet. You know it takes many hours to grind the subclasses out right?I know I havent unlocked it yet

- SEBattleship (26 Warlock)

Warming the Bench
- corporateclown

I'll create a PSN party around 12:50 PST. If anyone isn't in the party around 1:05, I'll ask corporate clown if he still wants to sub in.

Balancing the classes is tough.

Hunter super has the most potential to kill for sure. If you look at the stats hunter super kills more people on average than any other super.

But the hunter class is also gimped in high level PvE. Blade dancer is only good for low level adds, and even then it's still risky. Stealth revives is probably it's best feature. And also uses less in hard mode raid.

Golden gun is an advantage against some enemies and oracles but the advantages are marginal.

If you nerf the hunter in PvP then you also kill them further in pve.

Stats say arc blade is the best super. But I also believe it's really easy to counter. I've been killed so many times when using it without getting a kill. If it's me and one guy, if they are far enough away he has a chance. If they are close I will probably get the kill and he might damage me a lot with a death melee or shotgun. But this should happen. It's a super after all. Once you add more guardians in the room, if they focus their fire on you you can't do shit.
This. Fists of Havoc and Novabomb are the two most op, "push button to win" supers. What balances it is that FoH and Nova are normally only one guaranteed kill. All the supers that leave you open, and actually take more skill, have more potential for more kills. Personally, I wish FoH and Nova were different and more like the other 4 supers.

We finnaly beat Aetheon last night after days of bugs and connection issues only to have it bug at the mission countdown.

Never got to see the reward screen.

Oh well I guess we will get it next week.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom