• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT7| "In the Garden of Suros" by I. Ron Banner

Status
Not open for further replies.

DesertFox

What's going to happen to this game once xur sells the vex mithocast?
I put Suddoth 2 on matchmaking block last night because he kept killing me over and over again with the Vex. There was literally no defense against it. Didn't want to risk getting matched up with that all night.

sploatee

formerly Oynox Slider
I'll join a raid team!

Level 29 warlock.

I haven't played for a week though so I'm a bit rusty.

Know what to do, although I'm a bit crap at the gorgon maze and the jumping puzzle.

Also would like to try and do it in one sitting, hopefully in a couple of hours?

Oh, normal is better for me. And I'm on PS4. Just finishing up a strike then I'm free.

breakfuss

Hmmm, do the raid rewards still show up on the mission select screen even if you've already done it? Usually the rewards clear when you beat something. I wonder if that means I'm still eligible for drops if I do the raid again....?

Conundrum:

One of my Raid party is unavailable tonight and tomorrow. There's only five us anyway. So that leaves four.

We are currently on the Templar; shall we cheese it? Templar loot, plus the two chests from the maze?

If we do cheese it, what's better; the starting platform (involves a Warlock's glide and spamming relic melee?) or jumping to one of the platforms out wide?

A Hunter can make it too. The platform on the left is easier though.

Heel

Vault of Glass

1st run last week
Ascendant materials
Band
Warlock boots
Vision of Confluence
Chatterwhite

2nd run last night
Ascendant materials
Band
Warlock robe
Chatterwhite

I can finally spend the materials I have saved up and reach level 29 for hard mode!

Marvel

could never
What's going to happen to this game once xur sells the vex mithocast?

ibb5rBQuT9nr0O.gif

Deku Tree

I put Suddoth 2 on matchmaking block last night because he kept killing me over and over again with the Vex. There was literally no defense against it. Didn't want to risk getting matched up with that all night.

I didn't realize you could block people... How does that work exactly?

Mindlog

A Hunter can make it too. The platform on the left is easier though.
The platform to the left has two bonuses. First, it's easier for the relic holder to reach after grabbing the relic. Second, the Templar won't fire at the platform from his further spawns making it easier to DPS him. The mega-outlier caveat is that from the starting point it's easier to kill all of the Oracles if he reaches enrage. That almost never happens.

KeRaSh

Tried the Raid for the very first time with 5 friends and we made it to the Templar fight. Pretty good considering we were all Raid virgins and one member kept disconnecting throughout every phase. Got him down to 50% with 5 people within three attempts. Got 5 Ass shards up to that point while one Hunter and one Titan got Raid gear...
#SucksToBeAWarlock
No it doesn't!

Did hard mode raid for the first time and got the sparrow and the vision of confluence. The sparrow is pretty cool.

I have too many weapons to level up after this weekend.
Vision of Confluence
Ice Breaker
Shadow Price
Praedyths Revenge
Light/Beware
Purifier VII

Bounties here I come.

#destinyfirstworldproblems

#lastcityproblems

The amount of people spamming lfg just wanting the atheon checkpoint is ridiculous.

Yeah, this is stupid. Everybody wants Atheon but nobody's willing to actually unlock the checkpoint. Also, it's always "LFG Raid Group, [Insert class] [Insert level], PSN ID is [blablabla]". No hello, no thank you. This also happens on GAF

Strider

The amount of people spamming lfg just wanting the atheon checkpoint is ridiculous.

Yep. Shameless and it amazes me just how many people are letting others get away with it too.

If I run through the raid on hard mode and get the checkpoint near Atheon no way I'm not letting my original group finish it.

PointBlank_V

Neo Member
oh wow, looks like you're right, destinylfg is updated every 2 seconds with the same kind of checkpoint spam. Sucks me for that I've yet to step inside the normal raid even at level 29.

Looking for a group for Vault of Glass (PS4) - Normal
Starting at 1:00pm EST (About 90 minutes from now)

New Raiders are welcome to participate.

- Kor_of_Memory (29 Titan)
- AMadTeaParty (28 Warlock)
- ShiggyArchey (27 Hunter)
- ArcheyShiggy (27 Warlock)
- pansargryning (28 Hunter)
- SEBattleship (26 Warlock)

Warming the Bench
- corporateclown

I'll create a PSN party around 12:50 PST. If anyone isn't in the party around 1:05, I'll ask corporate clown if he still wants to sub in.

Party Invites going out.

Marvel

could never
Yep. Shameless and it amazes me just how many people are letting others get away with it too.

If I run through the raid on hard mode and get the checkpoint near Atheon no way I'm not letting my original group finish it.

I like you.

Sadly this never happens for me and I'd be lying if I said it didn't bother me sometimes, especially after the hard work I put in for the team and the fact I rarely die.

David___

Banned
They should lock out the Mythoclast unless you cleared all of the other check points. If they did that then the spam would literally end there since that's what all of those people want.

Lucis

Everyone in raid gets the check point, you helping someone else with the check point doesn't mean everyone else in the origingal raid doesnt' get to do it...

I did the hard atheon cheese first on friday, found a group in destinylfg willing to take me, what's the big deal?

Then I did the whole raid with my normal group starting from door opening (no one else have stepped into hard before and we are all only 29) to beat gate keeper, took us 5.5 hours. then we cheesed atheon again.

funkypie

Banned

in my case I have already done up to the gatekeeper on hard this week. I don't want to do the whole raid again with a random group when it takes hours, especially if they don't know what they are doing.

Strider

Everyone in raid gets the check point, you helping someone else with the check point doesn't mean everyone else in the origingal raid doesnt' get to do it...

Wait... really? since when? Is that hard mode only? I tested this the very first week the raid was available and it didn't work.

Lucis

Wait... really? since when? Is that hard mode only? I tested this the very first week the raid was available and it didn't work.

I don't know but it's always worked that way AFAIK, bu then again I didn't raid the first week that the raid came out.

For example. We beat the templar and I was not the leader, the second day I form the party, we were still at the beginning of the maze.

Also the check point is sharable. You can start the raid, start atheon once and quit you will get the check point, so pretty much 1 check point can turn into infinite amount of atheon kills.

hitme

Those that were with me last night (8PM - midnight PST) on normal raid, I'll send you a message to finish it at around the same time tonight.

PS4: Hit-me--

Looking for a group for Vault of Glass (PS4) - Normal
Starting at 1:00pm EST (Now)

New Raiders are welcome to participate.

- Kor_of_Memory (29 Titan)
- AMadTeaParty (28 Warlock)
- pansargryning (28 Hunter)
- SEBattleship (26 Warlock)
- corporateclown
-

Need 1 more for normal raid on PSN. Front to Back.

Eyeron

Would like to hit the weekly heroic some time today. Preferably 28 but I'm up for either. 27 Sunlock with Icebreaker for a Archon Priest's stupid face.

Feel free to send invite whenever. Gonna be running bounties on one of my alts in the meantime. >:]

PSN Eyeron80

Nameless

Scout Rifle users, convince me not to dismantle this Cryptic Dragon. Right now it's like 5th in my upgrade queue and SRs have done little to win me over so far. I know they're in for a buff, which is the only reason it's not ass energy already.

Strider

I don't know but it's always worked that way AFAIK, bu then again I didn't raid the first week that the raid came out.

For example. We beat the templar and I was not the leader, the second day I form the party, we were still at the beginning of the maze.

Also the check point is sharable. You can start the raid, start atheon once and quit you will get the check point, so pretty much 1 check point can turn into infinite amount of atheon kills.

I will have to try that again next week. I tested this the day after the raid released to see if it worked that way and it didn't. Maybe it was one of the many raid glitches they fixed. Who knows... but good to know at least.

Mattiator

Hello lovely gaffers.
Looking to start a raid in approx. 2 hours, 12 pst.
I am looking to complete it in under 2 hours. Level 28 hunter, I have atheons epilogue with oracle damage. Ps4.
Thanks for your time and I will be afk
so add me Mattiator85 hopefully we can get it done quick.

Strider

Seems like there is such little hype for the new Borderlands game...

I thought that was a good loot game and this game sucked? What gives DestinyGAF.

dustyherb

Scout Rifle users, convince me not to dismantle this Cryptic Dragon. Right now it's like 5th in my upgrade queue and SRs have done little to win me over so far. I know they're in for a buff, which is the only reason it's not ass energy already.
Just wait and see what the buff does before you dismantle it. Can always do it later if you still don't like scouts after the buff.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom