• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT7| "In the Garden of Suros" by I. Ron Banner

Status
Not open for further replies.

Afterlife

Finally beat atheon last night and man did I get lucky. Was hoping for the boots and I got them. Then at the end I got the helm and the ship and the Vex... Destiny was kind to me lol

"Dancing is dangerous in every other map than Bastion and First Light so it's balanced", k

When I put two Invective rounds through Bladedancers skull from close range, before he manages to OHK slash me, and survives it I think something is out of balance. Same treatment to Titan or Warlock take theirs head clean off, even during super cast.

I have seen dancer take down multiple enemies without any issue or threat of dying while these enemies were firing at it. Same time I know you can kill that fucked super, but 4 out of 5 times dancer will come out on top without any problem.

I think people who keep telling us how bladedancer is super easy to counter or balanced are ones playing it and don't want see it nerfed. That KDR booster is hard to let go ;)

MEH. I take down blade dancing bladedancers regularly and I'm not even good. Hearing their activation and getting the maximum distance I can with a clean line of sight of where they are coming from gives me time to kill them even with a Suros. It is a little harder to keep my aim if they are swinging, but every swing takes away super bar from them so it's less they get to use on my team. They jump to blink, then I do the same. If I got heavy ammo they are just done. As a bladedancer I've been taken from full health to dead by an Invective user in close range without even trading the kill. The only time I feel like I will not get killed before killing a group is if I see a group hiding inside a titan bubble. Yeah, every so often I get the perfect scenario of a bad team all crowding a small place where there isn't any distance from the entrance to them, but any of the damage supers would take that out.

Croc

Banned
Anyone experienced with hard mode raid want to help 2 of us out on PS4?

We're both level 29 and at the Gatekeeper part. We're interested in finishing off the raid, so if someone who has solo'd Atheon before would join up that'd be really helpful if we can get past the Gatekeepers.

Looking for 4 more.

ocean

Banned
Conundrum:

One of my Raid party is unavailable tonight and tomorrow. There's only five us anyway. So that leaves four.

We are currently on the Templar; shall we cheese it? Templar loot, plus the two chests from the maze?

If we do cheese it, what's better; the starting platform (involves a Warlock's glide and spamming relic melee?) or jumping to one of the platforms out wide?
Far left. Just make sure you snipe away Oracles quickly. There's one that spawns behind a pillar right in front of your platform, but grenades can get it.

I feel like I'm missing out hard from not raiding at all yet. I'm going to have to find a group sooner or later, but don't know how effective I will be without a mic.

ZOONAMI

I feel like I'm missing out hard from not raiding at all yet. I'm going to have to find a group sooner or later, but don't know how effective I will be without a mic.

Get a mic? Use the mic that came that came with the ps4. Any phone headphones with mic will work.

NastyBook

Yeah, this is stupid. Everybody wants Atheon but nobody's willing to actually unlock the checkpoint. Also, it's always "LFG Raid Group, [Insert class] [Insert level], PSN ID is [blablabla]". No hello, no thank you. This also happens on GAF
Isn't that some bullshit anyway? I mean, I'll let the gorgon maze thing slide, but all the way to Atheon for cheesing? That's lazy as fuck.

you need a mic. plug in your phone's headset it works

I think I've had it with the game. I can't find a consistent group and I'm getting so buy these days that I can't give many hours :(

reached final boss in the raid but never finished it

ocean

Banned
My alt is now finally 25 with blue Boots and Helmet. Looks like I'll be able to raid twice come next reset :)

Now I'm only missing a Hunter. I'll probably do that closer to the Expansions though, no energy to restart so soon.

It's so pathetic. I put up a post on LFG saying I'd pay for a checkpoint and a thousand people PM.

Got one from a buddy anyways.

I'll invite later if people want one. Don't let the idiots charging for it get away with it, guys.

Edit: Computer, after clearing hard legitimately the first time and seeing all of the stupid bullshit glitches that can fuck you over in Atheon (It took us two hours), I'm not going to even care about cheesing atheon. The drops are a joke and the coding is a joke on atheon. Why would I take an hour to do it, of which 45 mins is making up for the game teleporting two people, an oracle respawning, a minotaur regaining health, etc?

Flo_Evans

PSN has gone down the shitter since Destiny. I hope this opens their eyes on spending money to improve it.

I hate to say it but I would probably pay a subscription for destiny if it had better servers.

The lag in hard raid is just unacceptable. All the mobs freeze then suddenly you are dead or they are all sacrificing. So frustrating.

I'm surprised at how many hours some of you have put into this game, damn I wish I had that much free time. Here I was happy this morning, looking at my log saying that I had spent 66hrs on the game. Turns out that this is less than half the amount of time some of you have put into the game LOL...

I am only able to play long enough to get all the bounties done, maybe get one or two strikes done, and that's it, 2-3hrs a day? Still those MMO hooks have me by the balls, I just keep on going back every day.

blazeuk

Is the raid on hard going to be a struggle for a level 28? I really want to try it out but it seems it's not something many want to entertain for their groups (mostly 29+). It's pointless upgrading non raid armour given it won't allow me to reach level 30 but I've done the normal raid already this week so can't do anything about levelling up until Tuesday. I really need to get 2 other characters levelled up so I can do it 3 times a week but it's just hard to motivate myself enough to want to go through all that again.

breakfuss

It's so pathetic. I put up a post on LFG saying I'd pay for a checkpoint and a thousand people PM.

Got one from a buddy anyways.

I'll invite later if people want one. Don't let the idiots charging for it get away with it, guys.

ayyy yooooo. yes, i want in on this. Please don't think any less of me, Gaf.

Yaari

Same position, can't really progress beyond 27/28 as I don't like using a mic, there is no alternative way to make progress.

I hate how Vanguard Tiger doesn't even have loot available that puts me at a higher level. And I am never going to be invited to any raid, obviously.

Mattdaddy

Gold Member
Finished nightfall for the first time last night, my god that was hard lol. We wiped twice at the final boss then finally got him. I got thunder lord, another guy got an exotic chest piece I hadn't seen, and third guy got ass shards. Felt bad for him.

Is the raid on hard going to be a struggle for a level 28? I really want to try it out but it seems it's not something many want to entertain for their groups (mostly 29+). It's pointless upgrading non raid armour given it won't allow me to reach level 30 but I've done the normal raid already this week so can't do anything about levelling up until Tuesday. I really need to get 2 other characters levelled up so I can do it 3 times a week but it's just hard to motivate myself enough to want to go through all that again.

yes.

ayyy yooooo. yes, i want in on this. Please don't think any less of me, Gaf.

Fuck it. I've done it the actual way, like I said. Until Bungie makes shards less weighted on hard or fixes all of the glitches, who gives a shit. I'm not investing so much time to get shards or get glitched into a wipe.

Jaeyden

Looking for a group to raid with today. 29 Sunsinger, have experience and a leveled Epilogue. Would like to do it front to back.

Jaleel

Beat Hard Mode Atheon today and got Timebreaker and Atheon's Epilogue. Then I flew to Mars to test out new goodies and got Outrageous Fortune out of a chest. Great fucking sunday!

breakfuss

lol, this is me down to a t. everything you've described. I'm at this weird junction where I have all this legendary gear that I could potentially level up to get from 28 to 29, but it seems pointless as I'll just need to replace it with raid gear. Especially when ascendant shards are so scarce. I don't have any alts and honestly don't want to trudge through that godforsaken "campaign" again. Doesn't seem like anyway around it, though. From everything I've heard you absolutely have to be 29+ to do hard mode.

All three classes at level 28. All 6 subclasses maxed. I wonder how many people have done the same.

How? I'm still on my first class and I'm only level 25 (and that's only because I got Legendary gear from the Queen's Event). What's the best way to level up in Destiny? I'm too low-level for the Raid and the Nightfall, and the Vanguard Strikes don't drop anything worthwhile.

I'm i supposed to be buying armor?

It's a struggle even for a level 30

cilonen

Woo, I got Monte Carlo out of a legendary engram received for levelling up Rahool.

On the downside I've been spending the weekend playing on my computer monitor while I alternately spin a pixel flipper and scrolling bar to get the image retention of the Destiny HUD out of my Panny plasma :(

Fermbiz

Gold Member
I've been using the scout rifle since the game was released. When I play crucible, scout rifle vs auto rifle, auto wins most of the time.

I've joined the Dead Orbit faction and have enough marks to buy they auto rifle (Unwilling Soul-09) but I'm not digging the impact stat.

So my question is this. Is it a good auto rifle from your experience? What rifle do you recommend that is legendary?

Thanks.

Jaleel

Same position, can't really progress beyond 27/28 as I don't like using a mic, there is no alternative way to make progress.

I hate how Vanguard Tiger doesn't even have loot available that puts me at a higher level. And I am never going to be invited to any raid, obviously.

DestinyLFG.net once you get over your fear of using a Mic and its super easy to get a raid group. It's not like you have to chat, people just want to make sure you understand whats going on. At most you'll say is "Ok, got it.".

If any warlocks want to join and take atheon out (PS4), lemme know. I have the checkpoint on multiple accounts.

That energy post quoted above and the glitches are exactly why no one should care if someone cheeses it.

Chamber

love on your sleeve
8 raid clears, including hard

Number of pieces of raid armor: 1
Number of chatterwhites: 5
Number of ships: 4
Number of energy: millions
Number of shards: millions

Getting so depressing haha.

It is damn annoying that reaching Level 30 is entirely dependent on RNG luck. I'm basically stuck on 28 since I don't want to want to put shards into gear I'm looking to replace anyway.

blazeuk

lol, this is me down to a t. everything you've described. I'm at this weird junction where I have all this legendary gear that I could potentially level up to get from 28 to 29, but it seems pointless as I'll just need to replace it with raid gear. Especially when ascendant shards are so scarce. I don't have any alts and honestly don't want to trudge through that godforsaken "campaign" again. Doesn't seem like anyway around it, though. From everything I've heard you absolutely have to be 29+ to do hard mode.

It's a struggle even for a level 30

Thanks guys, that's a shame (for me right now anyway), guess I'm just waiting it out until Tuesday then in the hope I actually get the Gloves of the Hezen Lords, if not it's another week long wait or a waste of a ton of shards.

Ont

I have cleared the raid three times.

1 Raid gaunlets
1 Raid chest
1 Raid auto rifle
1 Raid sniper.
2 Chatter whites
+ energy and shards

X-Frame

I just realized how lucky I was with a dropped version of The Comedian shotgun ..

Perks:

- Full Auto: This weapon can be fired in full auto mode
- Hammer Forged: Improved range and accuracy
- Shot Package: Aiming this weapon reduces the spread of it's projectiles

So I have a fully automatic shotgun with extended range and reduced pellet spread. Mmmm ..

Deku Tree

I just realized how lucky I was with a dropped version of The Comedian shotgun ..

Perks:

- Full Auto: This weapon can be fired in full auto mode
- Hammer Forged: Improved range and accuracy
- Shot Package: Aiming this weapon reduces the spread of it's projectiles

So I have a fully automatic shotgun with extended range and reduced pellet spread. Mmmm ..
I got two of those somehow and just put them in the vault. I usually use ranged weapons. It must be great fully leveled for PvP.

Gurrry

Im gonna punch the crap out of the next person that goes inactive on a strike with me. All day long its been happening. What in the fuck are these people doing?!?!!!!

UGH

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom