• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT7| "In the Garden of Suros" by I. Ron Banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
in my case I have already done up to the gatekeeper on hard this week. I don't want to do the whole raid again with a random group when it takes hours, especially if they don't know what they are doing.

Yea, I do the raid with the same raid group since the second week. It is so much more fun and enjoyable with a clan of friends you have played with before. Makes everything easier and more pleasant.

Roldan

GAF, I found my first purple engram. It turned out to be an upgrade material.

I just wanted to share my pain and suffering. Thanks.

Sigma722

Hey if anyone wants to join, we have a group of 5 ready for atheon hardmode, except we need an atheon checkpoint :3

if someone wants to share the checkpoint, or join and help us beat atheon on hard, well that would be just swell

Reule

I have fallen in love with hand cannons. I decided to pick up The Devil You Know as I was getting close to maxing out Vanguard marks and I'm so in love. Friend of mine and I went into Rumble and I cleaned house. I may look into getting Lord High Fixer and hope one day I'll get The Last Word.

Anyone need someone for Raid on Hard? Level 29 Gunslinger. PSN: Reule

arimanius

Every fucking time I don't take the rise above bounty I get first place in iron banner. When I do take it I'm always in the middle. >.<

Seems like there is such little hype for the new Borderlands game...

I thought that was a good loot game and this game sucked? What gives DestinyGAF.

Its not a whole new game, just a pre-sequel, thats probably why there isn't crazy hype.

But its definitely loot and character development done right.

Lima

Yea, I do the raid with the same raid group since the second week. It is so much more fun and enjoyable with a clan of friends you have played with before. Makes everything easier and more pleasant.

Only thing that sucks about it is that everyone has their position locked down.

Like I still don't know what the fuck you have to do outside the portals at Atheon because I'm always inside them even after completing the raid for like 30 times. Sounds like a chill job just shooting the supplicants.

372.gif

it's made worse if you have glide

Seems like there is such little hype for the new Borderlands game...

I thought that was a good loot game and this game sucked? What gives DestinyGAF.

Little advertisement, came out near a major release of a game people thought would be a superior version of it (which in gameplay tightness it is), it's being released only for last generation and PC, the title is "the pre-sequel" which already turned people off, and while I haven't done any research on it I've heard that Gearbox didn't work on it so whether that's true or just a rumor it also killed any interest I had in it.

Many factors combined. Once a proper Borderlands 3 comes out people will get hyped.

I have fallen in love with hand cannons. I decided to pick up The Devil You Know as I was getting close to maxing out Vanguard marks and I'm so in love. Friend of mine and I went into Rumble and I cleaned house. I may look into getting Lord High Fixer and hope one day I'll get The Last Word.

Anyone need someone for Raid on Hard? Level 29 Gunslinger. PSN: Reule

yep, i've been using The Devil for a few weeks now, and it's great. i really notice it when i switch between weapons in PvP, i absolutely suck with auto-rifles etc.. but then i switch back to my Devil and i wreck shit. it's kind of suspicious how often i get lucky headshots with it though lol..

Sofa King

Little advertisement, came out near a major release of a game people thought would be a superior version of it (which in gameplay tightness it is), it's being released only for last generation and PC, the title is "the pre-sequel" which already turned people off, and while I haven't done any research on it I've heard that Gearbox didn't work on it so whether that's true or just a rumor it also killed any interest I had in it.

Many factors combined. Once a proper Borderlands 3 comes out people will get hyped.

I expect Borderlands 3 to go toe to toe with Destiny 2. Bungie better bring it, because you know Gearbox is taking note of all the shortcomings of this game.

Yeah, this is stupid. Everybody wants Atheon but nobody's willing to actually unlock the checkpoint. Also, it's always "LFG Raid Group, [Insert class] [Insert level], PSN ID is [blablabla]". No hello, no thank you. This also happens on GAF

What is LFG?

And I had the checkpoint today but needed people so I don't mind letting others join. Original teams fall apart it's normal.

Fitts

yep, i've been using The Devil for a few weeks now, and it's great. i really notice it when i switch between weapons in PvP, i absolutely suck with auto-rifles etc.. but then i switch back to my Devil and i wreck shit. it's kind of suspicious how often i get lucky headshots with it though lol..

I've asked before but didn't get an answer. Does anyone have the vendor versions of both Devil You Know and Lord High Fixer? I have the former but really want the latter.

Alucrid

Banned
Only thing that sucks about it is that everyone has their position locked down.

Like I still don't know what the fuck you have to do outside the portals at Atheon because I'm always inside them even after completing the raid for like 30 times. Sounds like a chill job just shooting the supplicants.

it's pretty tough, you stand on the pillar and shoot harpies

Agent

So, my PS4 died during a boss fight and would not turn on. I unplugged everything and was able to bring it back to life. Is this something I should be concerned about moving forward? With the 1 year rapidly approaching I definitely would want to take care of issues now before any warranty is up. Its never happened to me before.

It's more annoying than anything because the community isn't really growing. So people sticking with the same folks all the time just makes the community stagnant.

I like helping people out and letting people join in all the time. Not being exclusive.

What is LFG?

And I had the checkpoint today but needed people so I don't mind letting others join. Original teams fall apart it's normal.

LFG = "Looking for group"

Letting others join your Atheon checkpoint is OK but asking for it is rude, in my opinion. If you want to finish the Hard raid and get the loot, why don't you get to the end of the Raid yourself? The Templar and Gatekeeper won't kill themselves.

Tovarisc

Has it ever occured to you that you just may not be the god of pvp your posting makes you sound like? Yes the blade dancer super is strong but it can be countered easier than golden gun, the titan smash, or the void projectile super. Because of that they are awarded extra time on the super. It is balanced compared to the other offensive supers.

I know my level as player in PvP, I don't have delusions about being some MLGPRO player. Same time it doesn't prevent me from understanding game mechanics when it comes to game modes, maps and classes.

Dashing bladedancer, in my experience, is hardest super to counter reliably where other supers are countered by same methods consistently when you pull counter off.

let me guess blade dancer wrecks you because you run around using a shotgun at super close range. Well thats a result of your chosen play style. You also probably experience tons of same time deaths because of 1 hit kills like the titan should smash. Once again thats a result of your chosen play style.

If Fist of Havocin Titan goes down mid-leap from 2x Invective rounds, when they also have a lot damage reduction, why same shouldn't go for Bladedancer? I put 2-3 rounds through him before when he is dashing, pre-slash, and he survives like nothing.

you sporting a shotgun and thinking you should be able to spray it in someones face and be invincible as long as you do is silly. The supers are going to trump that every time.

I'm sporting AR + Shotgun + LMG and swap constantly from situation to situation etc. I never think taking Invective to my hands makes me some how God that shouldn't die to anything. Anyone who thinks like that needs to make reality check to themselves.

I said dancing is dangerous in tight spaces and every map has those. I saw the dancer 4 times in ib last night. Killed them twice died once and mutual melee death once. Its not hard to beat one unless you are running right at them with a shotgun. Vary your play.

Do you have very reliable counter to dashing dancer? Running ones are super easy to counter with anything that fires bullets.

Yes, of course Bungie would go out of their way to piss off their hardcore playerbase.

They already have several times?

Queens Wrath - no shards therefore useless to high levels
Iron Banner - not the high level crazyness people expected
Icebreaker and more exotics being sold by Xur

I expect Borderlands 3 to go toe to toe with Destiny 2. Bungie better bring it, because you know Gearbox is taking note of all the shortcomings of this game.

Well Gearbox is currently developing that MOBA game of theirs, then they'll probably have a smaller team staying with it to provide support and DLC, then have a bigger group move on to their next title which probably will be Borderlands 3.

If Gearbox can nail down the shooting and gameplay of the game to make it less floaty and artificial, then it'll give Destiny 2 a run for its money. It already has better writing and more charm to it, plus Borderlands 2 had a lot to do in the world.

MrMuscle

I was checking the Grimoire today and did they remove the reward for rank 2 VIP kills on patrols? I swear there was something there before, but i cant remember what i said.

D

Deleted member 752119

Unconfirmed Member
Really liking the Ice Breaker. Also finished grinding nightfall kills for Pocket Infinity. Only thing I still really want is a Suros Regime. I was way short of strange coins when Xur had it. Though with the Ice Breaker being so good, I'm not sure how much I'd use an exotic primary anyway.

So main thing I need to do is start playing the raid and hoping for raid gear. I have the sunbreakers maxed and an exotic helmet in reserve.

Sofa King

Yes, of course Bungie would go out of their way to piss off their hardcore playerbase.

What, passing out checkpoints doesn't tick off the legit hard mode runners? I'm sure the ones who would rage are the ones who cheesed the boss anyways. What they should do is sell it the week before they eventually raise the level cap, assuming they do.

E92 M3

I would never want to skip the raid ans do atheon. Every section was fun and challenging plus rewards. Gate keepers were the hardest part I think. And I wanted to do hard raid for the achievement, so getting the vex was an unexpected surprise.

Can't wait for my group to level up so I don't have to always seek out parties for hard.

Plenty of people who never even touched the raid had an Ice Breaker. I had a Mytho before I had an IB. Having one took no effort. It's not really the same thing.

Queens Wrath and Iron Banner are different issues that will hopefully sort themselves out. Making a weapon an exclusive hard raid drop and then selling it later on would be complete bs and I can't imagine Bungie ever doing it. Why the Mytho and not all the other raid exclusive weapons?

Reule

I do alright with auto-rifles but I kind of started getting bored with them. I'm not sure if the aim assist is higher with hand cannons but I seem to get a lot of head shots with it too.

Fistwell

&#128532;

• Enemies are Level 30
  • Heroic modifier is on
  • No one gets revived until your team gets wiped or you hit the next checkpoint (Sunsinger Warlocks can still self-resurrect)
  • The Gorgon's route is different
  • Atheon detains you when it sends people into the timestream
  • You can get better loot, including the Vex Mythoclast and Raid helmet
Oh.

I see.

So... it aint that bad. -_-'

• Atheon detains you when it sends people into the timestream
Whats that?

What, passing out checkpoints doesn't tick off the legit hard mode runners? I'm sure the ones who would rage are the ones who cheesed the boss anyways. What they should do is sell it the week before they eventually raise the level cap, assuming they do.

Bungie aren't passing out checkpoints though lol. I do find the whole thing incredibly sad, but it's certainly not rage inducing.

Strider

I'm just messing about Borderlands guys :p Regardless sorry for making the thread go off topic

--

I really hope this game starts to offer some events that are actually useful to high level players (pleeeeease let ToO be good). I have no desire to play this at all at the moment. Just waiting for the weekly reset so I can do nightfall and hard raid again.

Future

Blade dancer would be less OP if the armor was reduced. Hard enough to shoot with blink, invisibility and fast dashes. But the joke is they don't need to do any of those things and can run straight at you and kill to heal immediately. If blade dancers had to get fancy to net their kills then there would be no complaints. And by fancy I just mean use the other skills in their kit besides run straight forward

commish

Jason Kidd murdered my dog in cold blood!
8 raid clears, including hard

Number of pieces of raid armor: 1
Number of chatterwhites: 5
Number of ships: 4
Number of energy: millions
Number of shards: millions

Getting so depressing haha.

Got my crucible reward that was a legendary.
Its a hand cannon called Timurs Lash.
Is that because I'm no iron banner rank 2?

Is the cannon any good? Tried it a bit, feels good, but rate of fire is shit.

Anyone pissed off about xur selling exotics reminds me of that south park episode where they all enjoy smelling their own farts. They clearly do not understand the larger player base and need to pull their snooty head out of their ass.

Angry Guy

Someone please help me punk out the nightfall

I've got a level 25 sunbro so I'm sick underleveled but I promise I make up for it with a mean ice breaker

I just need someone to back me up in case I get one-shot because I'm a major glass cannon right now.

PS4's PaperDude42. Just message me on there if you'd like to help.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom