• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT7| "In the Garden of Suros" by I. Ron Banner

Status
Not open for further replies.

Yaari

DestinyLFG.net once you get over your fear of using a Mic and its super easy to get a raid group. It's not like you have to chat, people just want to make sure you understand whats going on. At most you'll say is "Ok, got it.".

Yeah, it is quite a barrier. Doubt I am going to get over it anytime soon unfortunately. Which is too bad as I love the game.

I knew endgame loot would be reserved for raids but I didn't think I would be hitting a wall like I have now.

Vanguard Strike are hardly rewarding and events like Iron Banner sells the gear I have been breaking down for 2 weeks now.

Hopefully the expansion introduces something for the people that didn't make it to level 30.

Just wish there was a chance of getting better armor than you can already buy through stuff like Nightfall or something.

Mythoclast and Epilogue are crazy in Crucible. Are they a two-hit down? It sure felt that way...

Yaari- If the leaked content is anything to go by, there is quite a bit for under 30s. Hell, some of the DLC missions seem around level 12.

Not a Jellyfish

but I am a sheep
As sorely tempted as I am, I'm on UK time and have to be asleep in about two hours. It'd be crappy of me to leave you a man down, so I'll hold off for today.

No problem, feel free to add me though NotAJellyfish.

Haven't had a chance to do the raid yet because it is so tough to get a team together without matchmaking.

Would be a plus to have another newbie to it on my friends list!

Have no clue, never done it either. :/

Really want to at least give it a shot.

Normal raid with an experienced team can be easily 45 minutes to an hour if they are at least Lv 28.

A "virgin" team of levels 26-28 is probably looking at closer to 3+ hours, depending on how much people have researched the raid mechanics.

Not a Jellyfish

but I am a sheep
Normal raid with an experienced team can be easily 45 minutes to an hour if they are at least Lv 28.

A "virgin" team of levels 26-28 is probably looking at closer to 3+ hours, depending on how much people have researched the raid mechanics.

Figuring I am in the 3+ range, no research here.

Just looking for some good fun and new content.

Is there an easy way to cheese the "200 fusion rifle kills in a nightfall" bounty?

First mission of the Moon (We've woken the Hive!). Play on Lv 9.

Play through until that part, when all the Thrall and Acolytes start running out the door at you, really really easy to get multiple fusion kills on the Thrall.

Be sure to not kill the Knight, let him kill you and reset until you get it. Should only take 1-2 deaths max. Also a great place to get Hive Majors (if mission is on Lv 9).

When you are done, don't kill the Knight and go to Orbit to maintain your checkpoint at this part and you won't have to replay the start of the mission again.

X-Frame

Is there any place for Pulse Rifles in PvP?

They're poor for close-quarters, they're outclassed greatly in medium range, as well as long range. Their TTK is probably the highest out of all the primary weapons, because you're limited by the rate of fire, at least for the ones I've used.

Afrocious

First mission of the Moon (We've woken the Hive!). Play on Lv 9.

Play through until that part, when all the Thrall and Acolytes start running out the door at you, really really easy to get multiple fusion kills on the Thrall.

Be sure to not kill the Knight, let him kill you and reset until you get it. Should only take 1-2 deaths max. Also a great place to get Hive Majors (if mission is on Lv 9).

When you are done, don't kill the Knight and go to Orbit to maintain your checkpoint at this part and you won't have to replay the start of the mission again.

He said nightfall lol

Figuring I am in the 3+ range, no research here.

Just looking for some good fun and new content.

If you guys have a team and want to do it now but are worried about it taking too long, let me know. I can hop in and give advice as desired, shouldn't take very long if people are at least Lv 27.

Of course it's fun to go in with a totally blind group, as long as you have enough time in the day set aside for it, haha.

Ambitious

I found them like this.

destiny_2014100515293zzbfc.jpg

He said nightfall lol

Reading comprehension is fun...damental.

I just did this Exotic today even, haha. No easy way to cheese it, just take your time and don't be afraid to wipe back to orbit. You can finish it in 2 attempts if they are long (e.g. at least to the boss). Edit: Use the normal cheese strats for this strike, like hiding under the platform at the boss. Unless you have nice friends who are willing to do it with you and let you get all the kills, just run it solo.

Yaari

Mythoclast and Epilogue are crazy in Crucible. Are they a two-hit down? It sure felt that way...

Yaari- If the leaked content is anything to go by, there is quite a bit for under 30s. Hell, some of the DLC missions seem around level 12.

Cool. Its primarily a loot thing though. I can run them 3 times and it won't be any different than the strikes I grind right now.

Hope they add something in that regard as well.

Megasoum

Banned

I just did this Exotic today even, haha. No easy way to cheese it, just take your time and don't be afraid to wipe back to orbit. You can finish it in 2 attempts if they are long (e.g. at least to the boss).

I guess I'm still too low level to farm it by myself (I'm 27) cause I die pretty much at the very first ennemies I see. I get 3-4 kills each run before I die. Not gonna do 200 at 2-3 each time.

Chamber

love on your sleeve
Yeah, it is quite a barrier. Doubt I am going to get over it anytime soon unfortunately. Which is too bad as I love the game.

I knew endgame loot would be reserved for raids but I didn't think I would be hitting a wall like I have now.

Vanguard Strike are hardly rewarding and events like Iron Banner sells the gear I have been breaking down for 2 weeks now.

Hopefully the expansion introduces something for the people that didn't make it to level 30.

Just wish there was a chance of getting better armor than you can already buy through stuff like Nightfall or something.

If anything the expansion will just introduce more barriers. Moon Raid and Reef Raid are listed as Level 28 and if it's anything like VoG, you'll actually want to be Level 29. The trophy for beating a Raid has only been unlocked by 5.8% of PS4 Destiny players. Hard mode is at 0.6%! They have to introduce more ways of hitting Level 30 if they actually want people to play the expansions.

I just did this Exotic today even, haha. No easy way to cheese it, just take your time and don't be afraid to wipe back to orbit. You can finish it in 2 attempts if they are long (e.g. at least to the boss).

There is a pretty easy way to do it where there is no chance you will wipe. I detailed it in my earlier posts recently. If anyone wants to do it just look through my post history (because im lazy)

I guess I'm still too low level to farm it by myself (I'm 27) cause I die pretty much at the very first ennemies I see. I get 3-4 kills each run before I die. Not gonna do 200 at 2-3 each time.

Yeah 27 is going to be tough. Best bet is to have a friend or two who can just keep reviving you, as else just wait until you level up/next week when the strike rolls over.

Sullichin

So funny to see people online complain about Xur having the Ice Breaker this week. It's the best thing to happen to the Tiger Strike playlist since they started dropping engrams!

There is a pretty easy way to do it where there is no chance you will wipe. I detailed it in my earlier posts recently. If anyone wants to do it just look through my post history (because im lazy)

Took a quick look in your posts but it didn't jump out. Nevertheless, if he is trying to solo it at Lv 27 there is always going to be a very real chance of wiping since it only takes 1 hit basically.

If anything the expansion will just introduce more barriers. Moon Raid and Reef Raid are listed as Level 28 and if it's anything like VoG, you'll actually want to be Level 29. The trophy for beating a Raid has only been unlocked by 5.8% of PS4 Destiny players. Hard mode is at 0.6%! They have to introduce more ways of hitting Level 30 if they actually want people to play the expansions.

If those people didn't want to try VoG, why would they care about the raids in the expansions? All the new missions are a low enough level for anyone to play.

Also getting to level 29/30 takes time. There's plenty of time before the first expansion comes out.

Yo seriously, fuck Iron Banner. I've lost so many games today despite being the top or one of the top scorers in most games, and getting nothing for it for IB rep. What a waste of time.

Chamber

love on your sleeve
If those people didn't want to try VoG, why would they care about the raids in the expansions? All the new missions are a low enough level for anyone to play.

Also getting to level 29/30 takes time. There's plenty of time before the first expansion comes out.

Who says they don't want to try VoG? Getting into a group takes a fair amount of effort for those not posting on a video game message board.

Ovek

7Member7

They need to sort it out that's for sure. I have no intention of playing the current raid as it looks like a fucking chore, that and even if you slog your way through you arn't guranteed good loot.

The biggest problem with this game is a severe lack of loot, every game mechanic has been designed and implemented in preventing players from getting the the stuff stuff or massively dragging it out.

Who says they don't want to try VoG? Getting into a group takes a fair amount of effort for those not posting on a video game message board.

Well, if that's the biggest barrier, I don't see why level matters. What Bungie need to do is make a better in game way of finding a raid group, not make the raids easier.

They need to sort it out that's for sure. I have no intention of playing the current raid as it looks like a fucking chore, that and even if you slog your way through you arn't guranteed good loot.

The biggest problem with this game is a severe lack of loot, every game mechanic has been designed and implemented in preventing players from getting the the stuff stuff or massively dragging it out.

What exactly are you expecting from a raid?

continues to baffle me how badly bungie missed the mark on storytelling in this game

"i could tell you...i don't have time to explain..."

don't fucking tell me; show me. i want to see those giant hive ships falling down to earth in a badass cutscene. or the traveller arriving over the last city to defend it against "the darkness". or the guardian fighting the gorgon and making the aegis shield. anything that helps me to make sense of things that have already happened that i'm supposed to care about.

One way would be to raise the level cap so that hitting Lv28-30 isn't as exclusionary as it is now... maybe? Expansion questions/speculation for the Gaf committee:

1.) Will the level cap be raised for one or both DLC?

2.) Will you need new gear to hit higher levels or will they change exotic/raid gear we already have to allow higher levels?

3.) How many people have bought/plan to buy the expansions?

Just curious. Never played an "MMO"(ish) before so wondering what might be reasonable to expect.

NastyBook

continues to baffle me how badly bungie missed the mark on storytelling in this game

"i could tell you...i don't have time to explain..."

don't fucking tell me; show me. i want to see those giant hive ships falling down to earth in a badass cutscene. or the traveller arriving over the last city to defend it against "the darkness". or the guardian fighting the gorgon and making the aegis shield. anything that helps me to make sense of things that have already happened that i'm supposed to care about.
I'm definitely in the conspiracy theory camp of they cut content for DLC/Destiny 2. Story wise, this game is lacking.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom