• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT7| "In the Garden of Suros" by I. Ron Banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm getting frequent disconnects, today.
Also a alert at the bottoms pops up from time to time saying that its trying to connect to the destiny servers, but I'm not getting kicked.

NastyBook

I hate to say it but I would probably pay a subscription for destiny if it had better servers.

The lag in hard raid is just unacceptable. All the mobs freeze then suddenly you are dead or they are all sacrificing. So frustrating.
But that's more of an Activision issue than a PSN issue, no? Or is that what you actually mean?

EL CUCO

Anybody interested in running the Raid from the start in about an hour (Normal mode)?
4 spots available or any groups needing 2 (Warlock 29, Titan 29)

PM me PSN or add me EL_CUCO305 (refer to GAF)

Ardenyal

I've had it with these motherfucking baboons in this motherfucking game :mad:

Cant get my stuff from storage because i get kicked before i even reach the vault.

How? I'm still on my first class and I'm only level 25 (and that's only because I got Legendary gear from the Queen's Event). What's the best way to level up in Destiny? I'm too low-level for the Raid and the Nightfall, and the Vanguard Strikes don't drop anything worthwhile.

I'm i supposed to be buying armor?

Check out Hawkian's guide in the OP. The best way is to grind faction rep and buy your gear. I don't have tons of time to play, but I have bought 2 legendaries and 1 exotic. Next week I will have my 3rd legendary and be closing in on lvl28 with some upgrades. Grinding rep feels like a slog at times because the payoff takes a while, but it is way faster than rng.

X-Frame

Question about Raid Gear:

1. Is the gear dropped class specific or can you get raid gear for another class?

2. Are the stat bonus (i.e. Intellect, Strength) random or is for example the Helm always Intellect-only?

Thanks!

Question about Raid Gear:

1. Is the gear dropped class specific or can you get raid gear for another class?

2. Are the stat bonus (i.e. Intellect, Strength) random or is for example the Helm always Intellect-only?

Thanks!

Always your class.

Random. I got two helms this week when I beat Atheon and they had different stats.

lunlunqq

I just realized another major problem with crucible IMO that is keeping from enjoying it more: the break between each game is too damn long. Destiny must have the longest intermissions between each game among all the games I can think of. You have to wait for several result screens to go through, wait on the reward rolls (often times big disappointments), got kicked back to orbit and wait for match-making, then a very long loading period, then map intro and game mode intro, then finally the action starts. It feel so tedious and totally kills the excitement of PVP. I wish bungie could fix this.

Indrid Cold

Unconfirmed Member
Anybody interested in running the Raid from the start in about an hour (Normal mode)?
4 spots available or any groups needing 2 (Warlock 29, Titan 29)

PM me PSN or add me EL_CUCO305 (refer to GAF)
I'm down. Just got my titan to 27 but I have maxed weapons and done it 4+ times.

Psn:Eldritch_Spectre

If anyone needs help with the hard raid tonight I am down after 10pm EST.

I'm Canadian so I will be eating a big Thanksgiving dinner and will be busy before. Happy Thanksgiving to any other Canadians!

Tovarisc

I wonder why Titan gets class item + two parts of armor from IB when other classes get only class item + one part of armor? In Beta each class got same amount of armor from IB vendor.

Shame really because Warlock helmet from IB looked rather good in Beta and now it's not available for people.

wEOdwUh.jpg

dQgnosC.jpg

ghD3deA.jpg

P.S. Iron Banner promotional photos, for this event, has Warlock using said helmet.

I just realized another major problem with crucible IMO that is keeping from enjoying it more: the break between each game is too damn long. Destiny must have the longest intermissions between each game among all the games I can think of. You have to wait for several result screens to go through, wait on the reward rolls (often times big disappointments), got kicked back to orbit and wait for match-making, then a very long loading period, then map intro and game mode intro, then finally the action starts. It feel so tedious and totally kills the excitement of PVP. I wish bungie could fix this.

eh, halo 3 and halo reach had about the same time between matches. it only felt shorter because there was a map voting period once players were found. there's nothing happening on screen when loading crucible unless you're in your inventory, but it's still taking up the same time you'd use to vote on a map and then load the game.

Afrocious

I just remembered I still haven't fully upgraded my Ice Breaker. Next time we do hard mode Atheon's going down like a sack of shit.

I know right? I already got my ice breaker up to where it almost has the actual ice breaker perk. I dunno what it does though. I'm guessing it blows up corpses or something.

Tovarisc

I know right? I already got my ice breaker up to where it almost has the actual ice breaker perk. I dunno what it does though. I'm guessing it blows up corpses or something.

Very rare fire damage proc that does damage in small area around enemy that got hit.

Also, it's odd for me to see people not cheese the templar.

I wonder what that says about me.

Templar cheese? One where relic is taken to "spawn platform of raid group"?

That said it just says you play game in "optimal / easy way" until Bungie bothers to fix their shit, if they ever do.

Agent

Great, my PS4 turned off again and won't start. The only way it turns on is if I remove the HDMI cable, but then it turns off again after a period of time. I've tried 2 different cables with the same results. Guess its time for a service request. Sucks.

Also, it's odd for me to see people not cheese the templar.

I wonder what that says about me.

eh, if bungie didn't want people to use those platforms they'd despawn them or put them out of reach. knocking atheon off of the level is the only thing i feel is exploiting the raid.

PointBlank_V

Neo Member
Got you an one other that just added me.

Need 2 more.

Would DEFINITELY want to raid on my 29 Lock, I've no Raid experience yet but I'm eager to follow directions from anyone experienced. Will be home in about 1 1/2 though. Would be thrilled to join.

PSN : PointBlank_V

Tekku

Just finished the raid for the first time with my best gaming buds. What a great feeling! :)

On to prepare for hard mode now!

Afrocious

There needs to be a 'legendary' difficulty for the raid that actually has remixed mechanics to make it more difficult. I expected something like this for heroic.

There's a lot of mechanics that could be added to make the raid more difficult instead of making it a headache by getting rid of respawns and making enemies higher leveled (which is okay since level 30 is a gear check anyway).

What's the quickest place to get the Kill 10 Fallen Majors or Ultras bounty? That place I use to go to in the cosmodrome doesn't seem to count those any more for me.

EL CUCO

Would DEFINITELY want to raid on my 29 Lock, I've no Raid experience yet but I'm eager to follow directions from anyone experienced. Will be home in about 1 1/2 though. Would be thrilled to join.

PSN : PointBlank_V

Added :)

Edit: NVM. user name not showing up for some reason

Man, I desperately want to get some of the Iron Banner armor, but the grind to earn rep is fucking ridiculous. I have to win another 24 games just to reach Rank 2. I'm trying to do bounties but some are literally impossible, since I can't get the class item.

And that's just to earn the right to get the random dropoffs I want, I'll have to play hours more just to try and get it.

PointBlank_V

Neo Member
Added :)

Edit: NVM. user name not showing up for some reason

Will add you when I get home, hopefully you'll have a spot left but even if not, I'm happy to be available whenever you'll redo it. I'm patient and won't rage quit on wipes. PSN is acting weird lately with FRs so it doesn't surprise me in the slightest that my ID isn't showing. PointBlank V is my Bungie profile as well (w/o the underscore).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom