• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT7| "In the Garden of Suros" by I. Ron Banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
continutes to baffle me how badly bungie missed the mark on storytelling in this game

"i could tell you...i don't have time to explain..."

don't fucking tell me; show me. i want to see those giant hive ships falling down to earth in a badass cutscene. or the traveller arriving over the last city to defend it against "the darkness". or the guardian fighting the gorgon and making the aegis shield. anything that helps me to make sense of things that have already happened that i'm supposed to care about.

Whoever thought up the whole grimoire card idea must have been off their tits. I'm not reading ll of them just to find out wtf happened in the story.

Chamber

love on your sleeve
Well, if that's the biggest barrier, I don't see why level matters. What Bungie need to do is make a better in game way of finding a raid group, not make the raids easier.

Level absolutely matters. Find a Level 28-30 Raid group is going to be harder than finding a Level 26-28 Raid group, especially in 2 months when Destiny is no longer the hot new game on the block. I'm not saying they should make the game easier but they have to open things up to a bigger pool of the player base somehow.

JayEH

Ok so I got "Kabr's Brazen Grips" gauntlets during the raid. Should I equip those even though they have less light than my current gauntlets?

Sorry if it's a noob question, I'm not sure how raid loot works yet.

Hiko

Banned
I've been using the scout rifle since the game was released. When I play crucible, scout rifle vs auto rifle, auto wins most of the time.

I've joined the Dead Orbit faction and have enough marks to buy they auto rifle (Unwilling Soul-09) but I'm not digging the impact stat.

So my question is this. Is it a good auto rifle from your experience? What rifle do you recommend that is legendary?

Thanks.
Vanquisher and shadow price are the best

todd360

Ok so I got "Kabr's Brazen Grips" gauntlets during the raid. Should I equip those even though they have less light than my current gauntlets?

Repeat after me. Raid loot is best loot.

I have no idea what causes it but I normally hate it when that happens, just because it can just send a person flying away from me when I wanted to knife them twice. A few times it has sent them into a wall which killed them from the impact though. Like their death cause thing shows the icon from things like blowing yourself up or jumping off the map. Never been able to knock someone straight up like that though.

Chamber

love on your sleeve

Equip and level up Raid gear unless you have exotic gear in the same slot.

Mindlog

The raid gloves have a higher max light when fully upgraded. It's well worth leveling any raid gear you get in a slot you don't have an exotic to.

Ok so followed LollipoPReapeR's advice and I can now farm 30 or so mobs in nightfall for each run... Not too bad.

Mate you should be able to do all of them in one go in about a half hour maybe an hour since you're 27.

Are you going to the right place? You shouldn't get kicked to orbit no matter how many times you die since it won't be in the darkness zone (the nexus strike area that is)

Afrocious

Just now realized I have all the raid gear pieces, with the last piece being close to being maxed out.

I also have the voidfang chestpiece exotic.

My warlock is spoiled. If I were to get the heart of praxic fire instead of these sunbreakers, I'd be set for both subclasses.

Level absolutely matters. Find a Level 28-30 Raid group is going to be harder than finding a Level 26-28 Raid group, especially in 2 months when Destiny is no longer the hot new game on the block. I'm not saying they should make the game easier but they have to open things up to a bigger pool of the player base somehow.

I don't see why. Surely there will be more level 28+ players in two months time and many of those players will be in it for the long haul. It's not like you have to be level 30 for any of this stuff.

Megasoum

Banned
Mate you should be able to do all of them in one go in about a half hour maybe an hour since you're 27.

Are you going to the right place? You shouldn't get kicked to orbit no matter how many times you die since it won't be in the darkness zone (the nexus strike area that is)

Yeah I don't get kicked out to orbit anymore... I go through the academy and then to the spot where you go through the Nexus strike but one of the doors is closed so I run out of ennemies at some point

Yeah I don't get kicked out to orbit anymore... I go through the academy and then to the spot where you go through the Nexus strike but one of the doors is closed so I run out of ennemies at some point

Okay next time you go to the through the courtyard, go to the left past the fallen captain then through that building. You'll find more mobs there. Each run gave me about 60 or so kills.

lunlunqq

Did some speed leveling with my alt Titan yesterday and pushed him from lvl17 to 27 today. Run into an unexpected problem. I ran out of steel plates... I have plenty of ass shards and the planet mats. Never realized you need to dismantle so many unused armor pieces to level up leg/exotics. :(

Ovek

7Member7
I don't see why. Surely there will be more level 28+ players in two months time and many of those players will be in it for the long haul. It's not like you have to be level 30 for any of this stuff.

If they make raids have matchmaking like they have hinted at surely they would have to reduce the difficulty?!

Megasoum

Banned
Okay next time you go to the through the courtyard, go to the left past the fallen captain then through that building. You'll find more mobs there. Each run gave me about 60 or so kills.

Hmm is the Courtyard the spot with the crashed ship in the middle where you spawn to do the Nexus?

Edit: Yup, found the other build. Thanks!

Forceatowulf

G***n S**n*bi
FINALLY GOT RANK 3 OF THE IRON BANNER

dear, Bungie, never pull this "no rep unless you win" bullshit ever again.

Sincerely yours, a concerned gamer.

Ambitious

"Oooh, there's a chest!"

sparrow6zu0k.gif

..it was gone when I got there after respawning.

Hiko

Banned
Just got the Dr. Nope from Crucible. This thing has a lot of bullets but is weak as hell. And the recoil is absurd. On a Tiger strike I have to unload half a clip just to take down a simple Vex. That's 36 bullets. My Vanquisher takes them down in about 5 shots. Suros in 3-4.

This thing is probably only useful for clearing out tons of low level trash mobs.

Steroyd

Just got the Dr. Nope from Crucible. This thing has a lot of bullets but is weak as hell. And the recoil is absurd. On a Tiger strike I have to unload half a clip just to take down a simple Vex. That's 36 bullets. My Vanquisher takes them down in about 5 shots. Suros in 3-4.

This thing is probably only useful for clearing out tons of low level trash mobs.

Sounds like Atheon's prologue, only reason I'm sticking with Atheon's prologue is because of the void damage and bonus oracle damage.

Had the best luck ever in hard mode raid.

Got the Vex Mythoclast exotic primary Fusion rifle, Facade of the Hezen Lords, and XV0 Timebreaker sparrow. All I need now is ascended shards and I can reach level 30 ^-^.

Zocano

I'm back to playing Destiny after a decently long break.

Iron Banner rep comes pretty quick, glad I can get maxed rank in a day or two.

I still need to do the raid, I'm 27 and don't have a raid group ):

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom