• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT7| "In the Garden of Suros" by I. Ron Banner

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tawpgun

"Oooh, there's a chest!"

sparrow6zu0k.gif

..it was gone when I got there after respawning.

lmao chest envy is real

God damn that's hell of a misadventure there...

Tell me GAF. When you and a fellow random are farming an area, and you come across a chest, do you try to get the randoms attention by pointing out the chest or do you just open it?

Midas

Tell me GAF. When you and a fellow random are farming an area, and you come across a chest, do you try to get the randoms attention by pointing out the chest or do you just open it?

I try to get their attention, but they never seem to understand.

Megasoum

Banned
Yeah that's the one :)

Don't forget to run back to the shattered coast and get the kills in the building before the courtyard :)

Hmm... So right now when I spawn from orbit I go right to the coast, then turn left at the statue to go inside the building and underground. I get out of the tunnel at the academy (the long room with balcony on each side). Once that's cleared I continue forward until I get to the courtyard. From there I go left into that build and clear it out. Then I get back to the courtyard and inside the nexus build and clear that out too...

Am I missing anything?

cilonen

I don't think it matters, I assumed the chests you see are unique to you - like loot is - so I open them as they might not have spawned at that location in the other dude's game.

I don't think it matters, I assumed the chests you see are unique to you - like loot is - so I open them as they might not have spawned at that location in the other dude's game.

They in fact are not unique to you, I usually shoot at the random if I notice they are farming the resource. If they are focused on a quest or something, I don't.

cilonen

They in fact are not unique to you, I usually shoot at the random if I notice they are farming the resource. If they are focused on a quest or something, I don't.

Wow, I did not know that. I'll do that in future. Mind you I only really farm the area right down the hill from the start in Mars and it's no biggie there - people just run the same circuit.

jaaz

Been working on upgrading Hawkmoon for the last couple of days. This gun... damn, it's so much better after you upgrade it...

blazeuk

Started my second character, already regretting going with the Titan instead of the Hunter, I haven't used the Titan before but it seems like it's not particularly good early on whereas bladedancer destroys everything from the start. The Hunter will almost certainly be my go to PvP character when I finally get around to making one.

Yaari

I'm actually surprised I did not see any Exotics in Iron Banner thus far, and I only need like 400 rep until rank 3. I did win that shitty Timur's Leash twice. I guess my luck was wasted on that.

there are also exotic cloaks

New Monarchy Cloak of the Rising
Cloak-of-the-rising-9aa51e5-icon.png

Dead Orbit Cloak of Oblivion
Cloak-of-oblivion-bf37bcae-icon.png

FWC Chaos Cloak
Chaos-cloak-eed975d2-icon.png

hnnnnnng

i have no problem being FWC's billboard. gimme gimme

I try to get their attention, but they never seem to understand.

Yeah so do I... I keep pointing and pointing but they never seem to get it. But when they do it's great. They tend to help out too...

Hmm... So right now when I spawn from orbit I go right to the coast, then turn left at the statue to go inside the building and underground. I get out of the tunnel at the academy (the long room with balcony on each side). Once that's cleared I continue forward until I get to the courtyard. From there I go left into that build and clear it out. Then I get back to the courtyard and inside the nexus build and clear that out too...

Am I missing anything?

Nope. You got it down to a T :) just gotta run back to shattered Coast everytime which is a bit of a pain but it's the most efficient route I could find on venus

Nope not unique. They despawn for everyone a few seconds after the first person opens it.

Started my second character, already regretting going with the Titan instead of the Hunter, I haven't used the Titan before but it seems like it's not particularly good early on whereas bladedancer destroys everything from the start. The Hunter will almost certainly be my go to PvP character when I finally get around to making one.

Wait till you get the helm of inmost light for striker or helm of Saint 14 for defender before you make that call. Most matches on my titan I have a 4+ KD.

Had the best luck ever in hard mode raid.

Got the Vex Mythoclast exotic primary Fusion rifle, Facade of the Hezen Lords, and XV0 Timebreaker sparrow. All I need now is ascended shards and I can reach level 30 ^-^.

Last night I got the Vex, Atheon's Epilogue and the Timebreaker as well.... Meanwhile, I still have 1 piece of a raid armor. I'm torn on satisfied with weapons and anger at lack of armor :/

Only 300 points away from lvl 3 in Iron Banner, and then I can happily never touch this god-awful PvP again.

I honestly wonder if anybody at Bungie even played this before it was shipped.

The maps are bad.

The vehicles are not fun to use, or fight against.

Modes are used on maps they are not suited for.

The lag is horrific (and I say this as somebody that benefits more often than not, but killing people that have strafed around a corner with bullets fired a full second or more earlier is just pathetic).

On and on.

Garbage. Hot, stinking, garbage.

goldensun

If anyone is on Xbox One and needs a group to consistently do the Vault of Glass with (normal AND hard mode), then join my clan on bnet.

Clan's name is The Inimitable. Request to join and I'll add you, then set it to your Xbox clan on the website. Here's the link to the clan's page: http://www.bungie.net/en/Clan/Forum/468194

We're on often and daily, and we're all pretty chill, helpful and experienced players. I've completed normal raid 6 times and hardmode once completely.

Also, add me on Xbone. Gamertag is G0lden 5un
-------

That being said, I'm leveling another warlock to 20 so I can have 2 times the chance to get the mythoclast each week...

I want it so badly!

Ran the Vault today with my regular group, ass shards and energy everywhere.

:(

Only 300 points away from lvl 3 in Iron Banner, and then I can happily never touch this god-awful PvP again.

I honestly wonder if anybody at Bungie even played this before it was shipped.

The maps are bad.

The vehicles are not fun to use, or fight against.

Modes are used on maps they are not suited for.

The lag is horrific (and I say this as somebody that benefits more often than not, but killing people that have strafed around a corner with bullets fired a full second or more earlier is just pathetic).

On and on.

Garbage. Hot, stinking, garbage.

They went too deep into the cod logic of quick deaths and OP supers, or at least it feels like it and I hate it.

If anyone is on Xbox One and needs a group to consistently do the Vault of Glass with (normal AND hard mode), then join my clan on bnet.

Clan's name is The Inimitable. Request to join and I'll add you, then set it to your Xbox clan on the website. Here's the link to the clan's page: http://www.bungie.net/en/Clan/Forum/468194

We're on often and daily, and we're all pretty chill, helpful and experienced players. I've completed normal raid 6 times and hardmode once completely.

Also, add me on Xbone. Gamertag is G0lden 5un
-------

That being said, I'm leveling another warlock to 20 so I can have 2 times the chance to get the mythoclast each week...

I want it so badly!

Request sent. I'm one upgrade a way from 28 on my hunter.

Iron banner gear isn't even close to worth it for all the misery i went through to get to rank 3.

The only piece of gear I wanted, the Titan helm, IB didn't have. Once I realized the armor didn't suit me, and the rep grind would suck balls, I bailed.

I got rank 3 this morning. The second shader is uglier than the first, at least as applied to Hunters IMO.

http://www.bungie.net/en/Legend/2/4611686018433230244/2305843009215779105

That. That is a lot of Crucible. And that score!

Frenden

Banned
I wanted to get rank 3 before they changed the rules/fucked with the balance in response to the community. At least I can buy whatever gear is on offer after without grinding in a potentially harder IB.

Haines

Banned
I wanted to get rank 3 before they changed the rules/fucked with the balance in response to the community. At least I can buy whatever gear is on offer after without grinding in a potentially harder IB.

U don't think it will reset?

Do u know if Timur's lash is any good? Just got it

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom