• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT7| "In the Garden of Suros" by I. Ron Banner

Status
Not open for further replies.

cakely

"Oooh, there's a chest!"

sparrow6zu0k.gif

..it was gone when I got there after respawning.

That made my day.

patchday

The iron banner armor is "raid" armor right?

It requires rank 3 anyways. Seem like it would take a long time to hit that

Bungie loves to screw over the pvp side of the camp. Queen's Wrath gave away purples with much less effort. Granted they probably thinking its not hard to unlock Crucible gear as is

excowboy

Anyone on 360 running raids? I'm lvl26 Warlock, still buffing weapons etc but would love to give it a shot.

Also, how on earth does PvP work in this game? I've got the Invective bounty so need a +25k/d - played my first couple of games of Clash and died a tonne without ever really knowing why. I know I need to learn the maps but what are some basic tips?

Help savvy-GAF. Just got my first exotic bounty option.

So: thorn, bad juju, or invective?

I am leaning towards the second.

Titan btw.

Thanks

I love pulse rifles, but Bad Juju, as it currently is, is awful. I'd go with Invective; it's very nice in PvP and its bounty isn't very difficult.

I can't comment on Thorn (other than its bounty is a massive pain in the ass) because I still need to kill Xyor.

SharkJAW

Help savvy-GAF. Just got my first exotic bounty option.

So: thorn, bad juju, or invective?

I am leaning towards the second.

Titan btw.

Thanks
Most will say Invective, but shotguns are getting nerfed and thorn is getting buffed. As it stands now, invective is the better choice but it doesn't exactly have the brightest future.

Anyone on 360 running raids? I'm lvl26 Warlock, still buffing weapons etc but would love to give it a shot.

Also, how on earth does PvP work in this game? I've got the Invective bounty so need a +25k/d - played my first couple of games of Clash and died a tonne without ever really knowing why. I know I need to learn the maps but what are some basic tips?

Headshots are key, grenades are stupid powerful. Your super is great for crowd control and clearing hills.

Tighten up your aim and watch the radar and corners and you will start doing much better.

Be prepared to die, Uneven weapons, supers and Nukes nades will get you no matter how good you are.

Edit: Bladedancers are ridiculous fuck nuggets and you should nope the fuck out the moment you see one.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zw0cji1jY0s

jay23

That gif is hilarious

I love summoning my sparrow in mid air, tho I wish it would take off instead of falling to the ground.

Thanks guys. I will go for Invective then. I loke shotties but had terrible luck with drops till now. Let's hope the 25 k/d spread doesn't end up being too tough for me. I do not pvp at all... :p

Zakalwe

Banned
Most will say Invective, but shotguns are getting nerfed and thorn is getting buffed. As it stands now, invective is the better choice but it doesn't exactly have the brightest future.

Even when shotguns get a range balance they'll still be powerful enough to be popular.

trh

Nifty AND saffron-colored!
Just got the Vex Mythoclast off of my first foray into VoG hard mode, cheesing the final boss. Is this the part where I go do pvp and make people hate their lives?

CREMSteve

Giant Bomb has given up trying to do it with no help, lol.

They are going to try all standing on the center pillar, I hate that strategy, it just makes it so easy for the boss to wipe the whole group in one shot.

excowboy

Headshots are key, grenades are stupid powerful. Your super is great for crowd control and clearing hills.

Tighten up your aim and watch the radar and corners and you will start doing much better.

Be prepared to die, Uneven weapons, supers and Nukes nades will get you no matter how good you are.

Edit: Bladedancers are ridiculous fuck nuggets and you should nope the fuck out the moment you see one.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zw0cji1jY0s

Cool, cheers for that :) Should I swap to an auto/pulse rifle btw? I use the scout rifle in PvE because they're completely lush but get the impression there's no love for them in PvP and the time to kill is way longer than the automatics.

I am going for Bad Juju in hopes that the buff makes it relevant.

I already have an almost maxed out Suros and Ice Breaker. So I'm not hurting for a gun.

If I have the Ice Breaker equipped I spend a lot of my time with a blue hand gun. Those things are fun as shit.

Zocano

Should I keep the Bad Juju bounty around (I just finished it all up) in hopes of the buff or do you think the buff (if it comes) will affect current Bad Jujus as well?

I am going for Bad Juju in hopes that the buff makes it relevant.

I already have an almost maxed out Suros and Ice Breaker. So I'm not hurting for a gun.

If I have the Ice Breaker equipped I spend a lot of my time with a blue hand gun. Those things are fun as shit.

I did the same thing. The gun just looks way to cool.

Here is hoping for a decent buff.

Cool, cheers for that :) Should I swap to an auto/pulse rifle btw? I use the scout rifle in PvE because they're completely lush but get the impression there's no love for them in PvP and the time to kill is way longer than the automatics.

Every weapon has a place, I'm currently using Timurs Lash (a hand canon).

A good pulse/auto rifle and fusion rifle will do you really well. If I had to suggest anything it would be a Pulse rifle.

mythoclast is the only thing saving me from fusion rifles right now. see someone > die from precharged fusion rifle. when the hell did everyone start running around with these?

Mejilan

Running off of Custom Firmware
I've got 2 buddies lined up for the raid right now, if anyone wants to join up.
PS4: Mejilan

They haven't done the raid yet, but I've beaten it a few times.

excowboy

Every weapon has a place, I'm currently using Timurs Lash (a hand canon).

A good pulse/auto rifle and fusion rifle will do you really well. If I had to suggest anything it would be a Pulse rifle.

I think I will have to broaden my pallette! Will give one of them a go...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom