• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT7| "In the Garden of Suros" by I. Ron Banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
With each game that comes out, doesn't Bungie brag about how they can do quick hot fixes for weapon balance and map rotation? Yet weeks later, the Vex Mythoclast is still one of the most overpowered weapons to ever exist in a multiplayer shooter, and they've been completely silent on the matter.

The fact that the gun exists in its current state is another mind-boggling example of the designers seemingly not playing their own game.

Easiest fix would be to prevent certain weapons from being used in PvP.

ShinAmano

So...need your help. My Xbox One seems to be shitting the bed. I have tried everything to get it working again to no avail. I am going to attempt a factory reset, but I want to make sure my saves are backed up...don't want to lose all of this Destiny progress. I can't find how to locate the saves to back them up...are they stored in the cloud? Will my characters still be there? Help!

Varvor

BzyD_NqIAAE6swV.jpg:large

Based RNGesus

Got two Plan C this week!

Running out if space to store weapons leg/exotic in the bank....#firstworldproblems

Grats! Its awesome pvp weapon. Problem is that Vex Myth out shadowed its awesomeness for me :(

Auto_aim1

MeisaMcCaffrey
Used Mythoclast in a crucible match for the first time and already got a bunch of hate messages on PSN. I wasn't even wrecking anybody.

RoboPlato

I'd be in the dick
I have Invective and am currently working on Bad Juju bounty but still haven't gotten a weapon drop above blue. Exotics seem to be easier to get than Legendaries.

ElRenoRaven

You know. It feels good. Did bounties on xbone this morning and then took the day off. First day not playing my entire free time away on the game. I'm beginning to think that maybe taking a day off from it each month is a good thing. lol

cjp

Completed my first raid tonight (level 27 Warlock), was great. Died quite a bit
lot

Started off with a few randoms found on /r/fireteams. Most of those had to leave so then some friends and friends of friends joined, one of which was a complete pro and basically carried the whole team.

Ended up getting mostly Ascendant Shards/Energy, with a Legendary rocket launcher and my second Universal Remote. Wanted some raid armour but it didn't show so I guess I'm going to spend the shards I do have on upgrading to 28 as I could be waiting forever otherwise. Should make it and the other weeklys more easier I guess.

Raid spoilers:

Fucking jumping puzzle. Can't believe that was the bit I messed up the most haha. Kept sliding off the edge when I was trying to jump in between the gaps.

How could they fix the Mythoclast though? They'd have to fuck with the speed and/or damage of each shot.

the timeless mythoclass skill says it fires a single bolt with each trigger pull. the problem is you just hold down the trigger and fire it like an auto rifle.

drop its rate of fire and make it semi-auto like halo's carbine. now it fits that description and becomes a very fast scout rifle. scale its magazine size appropriately and you're left with a skillful and powerful weapon without being overpowered. i'd actually like it more if it functioned like this too. it wants to be a fusion rifle and a scout rifle but right now it's just an OP auto rifle.

who the fuck is playing at 5-6 am? Jesus lol

people who play before work

Deku Tree

How many sets of Raid Armor are there per class? One or two? Do you get different armor from Hard Raid than Normal Raid? Or can you get any armor from both raids due to RNG? Thanks!

How many sets of Raid Armor are there per class? One or two? Do you get different armor from Hard Raid than Normal Raid? Or can you get any armor from both raids due to RNG? Thanks!

there's one full set (helmet, gauntlets, chest, boots) for each class. the helmet is the only piece exclusive to hard mode.

Did not know about the helmet being locked to hard mode. Guess I'll keep hoping for the hunter gloves.

i'm really glad the boots it dropped me had intellect on them. i had none from my other gear prior to them.

be sure to pay attention to the stats even if it drops the same piece for you.

Anyone doing the Hard Raid tonight?

Feel free to add me on PSN, always down to help.

Cosmos_Man

Level 29 Titan
Completed Hard Raid 3 times
Normal Raid 10+ times

Heel

i'm really glad the boots it dropped me had intellect on them. i had none from my other gear prior to them.

be sure to pay attention to the stats even if it drops the same piece for you.

Ah, so raid gear stats aren't locked? Good to know.

Heel

Anyone doing the Hard Raid tonight?

Feel free to add me on PSN, always down to help.

Cosmos_Man

Level 29 Titan
Completed Hard Raid 3 times
Normal Raid 10+ times

I'll add you for some raiding next week. Our team from GAF has gone through a few times on normal, but always end up needing a player or two to fill out a fireteam. About ready to start trying the hard raid.

I get a mixture of hate and friend requests using the Mytho in PvP. Mostly friend requests actually which surprised me. Lots of people want me to help them get one.

Mattiator

Hello.
So I have a level 28 hunter with both skills maxed out and I want to start an alternative.
what say you. Should I tart another hunter or a titan because I have an exotic helmet or a warlock because of sun bro. If I chose the titan what skill tree is recommended.
Thanks for your time.

Todays bounties made me use the sniper in the crucible.
I really liked it. Gonna use it more often.
Up until now I always skipped the snipers headshot bounties.

Playing through Winters Run in Tiger last night and the RNG decided to gift me Hard Light.
After seeing 6 different AFKers get exotics, it was good to finally receive something worthwhile after all the time spent in the playlist.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom