• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT7| "In the Garden of Suros" by I. Ron Banner

Status
Not open for further replies.

deoee

Haha I never check my subs + this shizzle moves that fast, so I forgot to sub again :D
I'm still laughing about my dumbness not using the search :D

I received The Swarm machine gun from a Legendary engram and I almost dismantled it as I never use them. Ho, boy. This thing is a fucking beast. You can really find/RNG some gems.

I got that pretty early on myself. It is nice. I have that and the Unfriendly Giant (rocket launcher) and switch between them frequently.

Haines

Banned
I'm starting to get to end game where I will get like 3 leg pulse rifles and 2 leg fusions and I need to figure out which is better.

Is there a guide to guns or something to save me some headache. Guns aren't so cut and dry in this game.

IKizzLE

Beaten the hard raid three times....no mythoclast.
Obtained dead orbit rank 12, and have only gotten two legendaries from the packages....one was a shader.
Have 6.5 days played and have only ever gotten one exotic random drop, and it was from crucible.

Out of everyone I know in this game, I have the absolute worst luck.

Stillmatic

Gutted I missed out on the IceBreaker, I don't like my chances of getting one without Xur! :(

I have a question for those that've done the Normal Raid: How much time do you think I'd have to plan to put aside to go through it for the first time? I'm Level 28, and would likely be doing it with a mix of people that have and haven't done it before.

firehawk12

Subete no aware
Gutted I missed out on the IceBreaker, I don't like my chances of getting one without Xur! :(

I have a question for those that've done the Normal Raid: How much time do you think I'd have to plan to put aside to go through it for the first time? I'm Level 28, and would likely be doing it with a mix of people that have and haven't done it before.
Well, Giantbomb is on hour 5 with one person who has done the raid... lol

6 experienced: 45-60 minutes
5 experienced, 1 inexperienced: 60-90 minutes
4 experienced, 2 inexperienced: 1-2 hours
3 experienced, 3 inexperienced: 90-150 minutes
2 experienced, 4 inexperienced: 2-3 hours
1 experienced, 5 inexperienced: 3-5 hours
6 inexperienced: 3-10 hours

experienced meaning you have consistently cleared it at least 3 times. usually takes several attempts to learn the spawns and strategies. bare minimum i'd say set aside 3 hours, possibly taking a break halfway through.

Magwik

Banned
BzyD_NqIAAE6swV.jpg:large

Based RNGesus

RoboPlato

I'd be in the dick
Took a break from Destiny to go through Shadow of Mordor. Been getting back into it the past few days. Anyone want to run the Lv26 weekly Heroic with me?

milkham

I'm starting to get to end game where I will get like 3 leg pulse rifles and 2 leg fusions and I need to figure out which is better.

Is there a guide to guns or something to save me some headache. Guns aren't so cut and dry in this game.

i don't understand what you are saying

Ardenyal

When Mythoclasts stated appearing? :p

This week was the first time i saw one... actually it was three in one match. Seems like theres people farming the hard mode Atheon fight with their alts (get the last checkpoint and let a friend cheese Atheon) so there are a lot more mythoclasts now than there should be.

Stillmatic

Awesome everyone, thanks for the replies!

6 experienced: 45-60 minutes
5 experienced, 1 inexperienced: 60-90 minutes
4 experienced, 2 inexperienced: 1-2 hours
3 experienced, 3 inexperienced: 90-150 minutes
2 experienced, 4 inexperienced: 2-3 hours
1 experienced, 5 inexperienced: 3-5 hours
6 inexperienced: 3-10 hours

experienced meaning you have consistently cleared it at least 3 times. usually takes several attempts to learn the spawns and strategies. bare minimum i'd say set aside 3 hours, possibly taking a break halfway through.

And thank you very much for this breakdown. My partner is pregnant, so time management for me is pretty crucial, haha. :) I think I'll set aside around 5 hours, just to be safe.

vakarian32

Unlocked the stability upgrade for my Vanquisher VIII last night, becoming one of my favourite weapons now it's damn good. I got Hard Light from a nightfall drop too so I'll start upgrading that next.

there are some stats that are better than others, but it ultimately comes down to your preference. Here's a quick cheat sheet:

scout rifles: look for high rate of fire, high impact, high range, and good stability. hip fire bonuses are a plus as well.

pulse rifles: you'll want a high rate of fire and impact, high reload and a large magazine

auto rifles: high range, impact, stability and magazine size with extra damage skills.

hand cannons: impact and rate of fire are essential, as is stability. also look for precision reload skills. if your weapon doesn't have any special traits like Thorn's damage over time, look for something upwards of 9 rounds in the chamber so you reload less.

shotguns: rate of fire, range and magazine size are found on reliable shotguns. ideally you'll equip one with a tighter spread during ADS

fusion rifles: fast charge rate, large mag and good range are what you should prioritize. look for hip fire or stability upgrades if you use it more in close quarters.

sniper rifles: if you snipe at long range, look for high impact, range and stability. if you snipe in close quarters and mid range, prioritize rate of fire and magazine size. try to find an agile snappy scope with a snapshot upgrade.

machine guns: stability and range are your best friends. large mags are comfortable but you can do fine with smaller ones if it's accurate. a precision reload or fast reload when empty skill is good as well for when you run out of ammo.

rocket launcher: blast radius and velocity will make your rocket launcher more deadily. don't worry about rate of fire if those are high because you probably wont need to fire a second one. look for homing projectiles or split into smaller projectile skills and fast reload, especially if the mag is empty. stay away from rockets with one shot before reloading.

again, it ultimately comes down to your preference, but there are some traits you want to prioritize depending on the weapon and how you'd use it. even if the stats are the same, the upgrade traits may not be, so that's what you need to be comparing.

i wouldn't mind working with somebody to throw an actual weapon guide together. *paging hawkian*

Impact and Rate of Fire are inversely linked, if one is high, the other is low

this is true. i should clarify that you don't necessarily need to pair the skills together, but find a good balance. most come with a trade off.

This is becoming maddening. I find myself joining IB games in progress with huge gaps in score...taking the place of someone who bailed. Frustrating.

Anyone want to group up? PS4: TheTylerDurden

Invite me into your group and stop the madness lol

This week was the first time i saw one... actually it was three in one match. Seems like theres people farming the hard mode Atheon fight with their alts (get the last checkpoint and let a friend cheese Atheon) so there are a lot more mythoclasts now than there should be.

the mythoclast could use some balancing for sure (posted this earlier: http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=133977518&postcount=12089 ), but i think i'd be more content both using it and fighting against it if it required some difficulty to get, like a no death raid run.

Haines

Banned
there are some stats that are better than others, but it ultimately comes down to your preference. Here's a quick cheat sheet:

scout rifles: look for high rate of fire, high impact, high range, and good stability. hip fire bonuses are a plus as well.

pulse rifles: you'll want a high rate of fire and impact, high reload and a large magazine

auto rifles: high range, impact, stability and magazine size with extra damage skills.

hand cannons: impact and rate of fire are essential, as is stability. also look for precision reload skills. if your weapon doesn't have any special traits like Thorn's damage over time, look for something upwards of 9 rounds in the chamber so you reload less.

shotguns: rate of fire, range and magazine size are found on reliable shotguns. ideally you'll equip one with a tighter spread during ADS

fusion rifles: fast charge rate, large mag and good range are what you should prioritize. look for hip fire or stability upgrades if you use it more in close quarters.

sniper rifles: if you snipe at long range, look for high impact, range and stability. if you snipe in close quarters and mid range, prioritize rate of fire and magazine size. try to find an agile snappy scope with a snapshot upgrade.

machine guns: stability and range are your best friends. large mags are comfortable but you can do fine with smaller ones if it's accurate. a precision reload or fast reload when empty skill is good as well for when you run out of ammo.

rocket launcher: blast radius and velocity will make your rocket launcher more deadily. don't worry about rate of fire if those are high because you probably wont need to fire a second one. look for homing projectiles or split into smaller projectile skills and fast reload, especially if the mag is empty. stay away from rockets with one shot before reloading.

again, it ultimately comes down to your preference, but there are some traits you want to prioritize depending on the weapon and how you'd use it. even if the stats are the same, the upgrade traits may not be, so that's what you need to be comparing.

i wouldn't mind working with somebody to throw an actual weapon guide together. *paging hawkian*

this is true. i should clarify that you don't necessarily need to pair the skills together, but find a good balance. most come with a trade off.

Thank you so much. Going to go through my weapons now. Do you have a pan I can add.

With each game that comes out, doesn't Bungie brag about how they can do quick hot fixes for weapon balance and map rotation? Yet weeks later, the Vex Mythoclast is still one of the most overpowered weapons to ever exist in a multiplayer shooter, and they've been completely silent on the matter.

The fact that the gun exists in its current state is another mind-boggling example of the designers seemingly not playing their own game.

I just realized. Weapons upgrade in ammo cap and such. Hard to judge some stats when gun is vanilla.

yup look over all the upgrades when you find one. sometimes you'll find a skill that increases mag size, stability, or reload, which puts it ahead of one that comes stock fitted with them. you can spend a long time comparing weapons before you decide to stick with one.

the only RNG i enjoy in this game tbh.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom