• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT7| "In the Garden of Suros" by I. Ron Banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey, trying to get a normal mode raid together tonight for anyone interested. Already 4-or 5 people, looking for 1 or 2 more.

PSN is liquidekkah, just add me if you're interested

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
there are some stats that are better than others, but it ultimately comes down to your preference. Here's a quick cheat sheet:

scout rifles: look for high rate of fire, high impact, high range, and good stability. hip fire bonuses are a plus as well.

pulse rifles: you'll want a high rate of fire and impact, high reload and a large magazine

auto rifles: high range, impact, stability and magazine size with extra damage skills.

hand cannons: impact and rate of fire are essential, as is stability. also look for precision reload skills. if your weapon doesn't have any special traits like Thorn's damage over time, look for something upwards of 9 rounds in the chamber so you reload less.

shotguns: rate of fire, range and magazine size are found on reliable shotguns. ideally you'll equip one with a tighter spread during ADS

fusion rifles: fast charge rate, large mag and good range are what you should prioritize. look for hip fire or stability upgrades if you use it more in close quarters.

sniper rifles: if you snipe at long range, look for high impact, range and stability. if you snipe in close quarters and mid range, prioritize rate of fire and magazine size. try to find an agile snappy scope with a snapshot upgrade.

machine guns: stability and range are your best friends. large mags are comfortable but you can do fine with smaller ones if it's accurate. a precision reload or fast reload when empty skill is good as well for when you run out of ammo.

rocket launcher: blast radius and velocity will make your rocket launcher more deadily. don't worry about rate of fire if those are high because you probably wont need to fire a second one. look for homing projectiles or split into smaller projectile skills and fast reload, especially if the mag is empty. stay away from rockets with one shot before reloading.

again, it ultimately comes down to your preference, but there are some traits you want to prioritize depending on the weapon and how you'd use it. even if the stats are the same, the upgrade traits may not be, so that's what you need to be comparing.

i wouldn't mind working with somebody to throw an actual weapon guide together. *paging hawkian*

this is true. i should clarify that you don't necessarily need to pair the skills together, but find a good balance. most come with a trade off.
great post, Zoba. if there's legit interest in a more detailed weapon/weapon type guide, I would definitely welcome your help putting one together. we could list some standout guns (legendary and exo) for each type and rolled mods per type to watch out for.

If you go to the start of the strike, where you get the 'respawn restricted' warning, you can leave and go the area where the other strike and archive story missions start. There are two areas that will now spawn lvl 28 mobs (the area that 3 servitors for the flayer strike, and the area where you deploy dinklebot first for the archive mission) which will count to the bounty. Run back and firth between them and they'll keep respawning, if you die you will also respawn so it's a much handier way to do that.
just wanted to say thanks for this. I had this completed in no time, now Pocket Infinity is mine. :-D

xir

Likely to be eaten by a grue
hey Hawkian, I like the idea of hand cannons, but not particularly good with them, i'm an AR scrub.

I got fatebringer. Other than arc, just how good do you think it is? i'ma hunter.

xir

Likely to be eaten by a grue
LUCKY! All I got was a ship and Atheons Epilogue...

all i got was the ship from hard Aetheon, got fatebringer from templar. 4 raids, almost all energy/shards. sigh. the ship pisses me off, though the hard mode used the cheese method. not sure how you are supposed to kill the minotaur in venus even with 300 weapons, maybe being 30 helps? never made it through gatekeepers in hard though, everything else, yep. cheez

Ganhyun

I understand people purposely being AFK in normal crucible. I do. Because they get rewarded for purposely being shit.

But why do it in Iron Banner? I just dont get it. You dont get Iron Banner rep for losing.

Dante316

My alt was the one who got it. I bought one for my main. Not the first time this happened. Bought SUROS, got it as a reward an hour later.
I'm keeping it for my alt so I don't keep switching.

Damm with suros too. Thats some luck you got. Hopefully next week wont be a repeat.

Lima

I understand people purposely being AFK in normal crucible. I do. Because they get rewarded for purposely being shit.

But why do it in Iron Banner? I just dont get it. You dont get Iron Banner rep for losing.

Are they rank 3? I'm afk right now because i just want that damn ship.

Ganhyun

How do you afk without getting booted out of the game?

You spawn in, move and hide in a random spot, or, if you dont care, just stand in the open and die repeatedly,

Bungie should patch crucible so that you need at least 500 points to get anything after the match. Maybe that would help with people going afk.

A minimum score would be useful, with an exception if you joined in the last 2-3 minutes of the game.

Bungie should patch crucible so that you need at least 500 points to get anything after the match. Maybe that would help with people going afk.

That's probably a good incentive. On the flip side, last night I joined a game in progress where the winni ng team was already at 19,500 points. Match was over in 10s and I got rep, marks and and drop. Yay.

Izcarielo

Banned
How are you guys beating VoG hard without being lvl 30? Im lvl 29 and because im not capping the enemies level my damage is severely reduced against them. The rest of the team is also 29.

firehawk12

Subete no aware
You spawn in, move and hide in a random spot, or, if you dont care, just stand in the open and die repeatedly,

I thought the game boots people who idle though? It does that when I leave my game during single player. I've seen people get kicked out of strikes for idling too.

Dante316

How are you guys beating VoG hard without being lvl 30? Im lvl 29 and because im not capping the enemies level my damage is severely reduced against them. The rest of the team is also 29.

My suros takes them out fast and its full leveled with choke field. Does about 200 damage on some and 300 crits I believe. Goblins go down fast. My scout was doing 409 crit and between 167 to 300 when shooting othen then crit. Which part you having trouble with?

xCobalt

Do armor piercing rounds from Scout Rifles go through walls? I'm not sure if I'm just missing but I haven't been able to hit anyone behind cover.

Afrocious

You do 30% less damage to enemies, but you have enough bullets to still clear VoG on hard.

A severe reduction would be trying to clear VoG hard with a team of 28s.

Bungie should patch the whole game so that you don't need to ever do PvP for anything if you don't want to.

I agree with this. I don't hate PvP, it has its moments, but I don't like grinding for marks or bounties for it. At a minimum they need to let the three other factions accept Vanguard marks for gear.

Lima

Be good at the game, have a good team that talks and oh Gjallahorn fully upgraded. Always bring Gjallahorn.

Best heavy weapon in the entire game.

Dante316

Be good at the game, have a good team that talks and oh Gjallahorn fully upgraded. Always bring Gjallahorn.

Amen to that. I rocked gjallahorn thats why if you have a suros you better have a legendary leveled up too so you can have ghallahorn tearing enemies.

Ken

got a second legendary hunter piece from engram with no hunter zzz

so what exotic hunter pieces should I be looking out for from xur?

Namikaze1

Gonna do the Raid on hard mode very early tomorrow with my alt on PS4. Just got to place my main's raid gear in the bank for my alt. anyone interested, send me a friend request (PSN = namikaze1)

29/30s only.

ZangBa

I wish I could just buy Titan boots on my Warlock from the Titan Vanguard vendor instead of forcing me to go grind for rep and marks on my Titan. I'd be happy if at least rep was account bound. The only thing my eventual level 20 Hunter will need are boots as well :/.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom