• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT7| "In the Garden of Suros" by I. Ron Banner

Status
Not open for further replies.

Doorman

Bungie should patch the whole game so that you don't need to ever do PvP for anything if you don't want to.

Fucking this. There are several pieces of faction gear that have better stat and skill spreads to suit how I want to build my character, but it's requiring a ton of grinding through the Crucible in order to get enough rep/marks to actually get to any of it. I'm not ashamed to admit that I absolutely fucking suck at PvP, so running through the maps, losing about 80% of my one-on-one firefights, losing the match and getting 2 marks at a time has worn out its welcome really quickly. I can't even manage most of the crucible bounties because they tend to require a degree of high performance that I can't match up with.

Yeah, I know, "git gud" and all, but at least grinding through patrols, Vanguard bounties, and strike playlists was something I could get into a groove on and still felt like I was accomplishing things. Getting wrecked by a bunch of people with an extra decade of shooter experience has been aggravating to say the least.

DesertFox

Man all the sudden I felt totally shut down as a defender titan in Iron Banner tonight. Another Titan came into MY bubble trading blows and melee'd me to death. (!?) Also void super completely one shots my bubble and me underneath it.

What gives? Should I be using Striker class instead for Iron Banner?

Anyone online that has a a hard raid checkpoint on Atheon (past the Gatekeeper fight)? Could I be a total mooch and hop in your game to grab the checkpoint?

PSN: SoullessSHOES

hamchan

Man all the sudden I felt totally shut down as a defender titan in Iron Banner tonight. Another Titan came into MY bubble and melee'd me to death. Also void super completely one shots my bubble and me underneath it.

What gives? Should I be using Striker class instead for Iron Banner?

Yes, because at least then you'd have something that they can't stop that kills them, instead of a bubble people can just run away from, or still break through using supers.

Frenden

Banned
I can't bring myself to AFK. At worst, I dropped from about three hopeless Iron Banner matches in the last week. And I felt awful for that too.

DesertFox

Yeah i get the one shot void super, even though i think paper rock scissors gameplay is lame..... i don't understand why an enemy came into my bubble and totally bypassed by defense buffs and punched me out.

Afrocious

Anyone know if the rubber band on analogue stick method works in this game?

My friend did it but was kicked for inactivity. I'm wondering if he pressed any buttons.

I still regret passing on gjallarhorn, hope xur brings that back soon.

What primary are you guys using on hard raid?

I use Shadow Price mostly. When killing oracles, I use Vision of Confluence. This gun is so damn nice once you upgrade it.

Izcarielo

Banned
You do 30% less damage to enemies, but you have enough bullets to still clear VoG on hard.

A severe reduction would be trying to clear VoG hard with a team of 28s.

We were fighting the Templar and goblins took almost 5 shoots with my "The devil you know" to die.
There is a moment when you need to defend both pillars at the same time that is extremely hard to deal with because there are SO MANY enemies and minotaurs and shit.
When the elite Harpies spawn one of them took me more than 12 bullets to kill it even with criticals and so.
I dont know, losing 30% dmg is a BIG deal and can mark the difference between winning and losing.

Flo_Evans

Yes, because at least then you'd have something that they can't stop that kills them, instead of a bubble people can just run away from, or still break through using supers.

Or kamikaze with nades/rockets.

In cruicible if I want to play defender I just drop the bubble and walk away. To many counters when you are just standing there in your bubble.

Dante316

We were fighting the Templar and goblins took almost 5 shoots with my "The devil you know" to die.
There is a moment when you need to defend both pillars at the same time that is extremely hard to deal with because there are SO MANY enemies and minotaurs and shit.
When the elite Harpies spawn one of them took me more than 12 bullets to kill it even with criticals and so.
I dont know, losing 30% dmg is a BIG deal and can mark the difference between winning and losing.

I like handcannons too but I dont recommend them for hard raid. You should go with auto rifle, scout or a pulse.

Afrocious

When the Templar is summoning its legions, jump to the outer platforms and take potshots at the Fanatics. The legion phases are timed so simply kill a few enemies and wait it out.

squidyj

Alright lets do this!

im a 27 gunslinger looking for heroic weekly, nightfall, and long walks on the shores of venus on PS4.

PSN Squidyj

jay23

Atheon's epilogue. Dat 999 rounds.
I'm ranking up raid scout rifle instead. Is the epilogue better in pve, or does it take a full clip to down enemies?

My friend did it but was kicked for inactivity. I'm wondering if he pressed any buttons.

I use Shadow Price mostly. When killing oracles, I use Vision of Confluence. This gun is so damn nice once you upgrade it.

Shadow price with field scout? I need that bad for when I have to replace my suros.

Also do you have vision of confluence fully maxed? I'm about to unlock Oracle perk soon.

Afrocious

I'm ranking up raid scout rifle instead. Is the epilogue better in pve, or does it take a full clip to down enemies?

Shadow price with field scout? I need that bad for when I have to replace my suros.

Also do you have vision of confluence fully maxed? I'm about to unlock Oracle perk soon.

My VoC has only one more attack upgrade to be fully maxed. At this point, the gun is less of a scout rifle and more of an auto rifle that has great accuracy, solar damage, and great range.

I've read on Reddit that Bungie patched the Rare fusion rifles being sold at the Gunsmith? I've never had the exotic bounty that required you to buy them, but that's pretty shitty of Bungie. They're very quick to deny any fun from us while not implementing the changes the game actually needs.

Or kamikaze with nades/rockets.

In cruicible if I want to play defender I just drop the bubble and walk away. To many counters when you are just standing there in your bubble.

The thing that bugs me is that I want the Ward of Dawn for PvE, but I want the magnetic grenade for PvP. Similarly with the Striker, I want Fist of Havoc for PvP, but I want the flashbang grenade for PvE. Drives me nuts that I can't combine them.

hamchan

I've read on Reddit that Bungie patched the Rare fusion rifles being sold at the Gunsmith? I've never had the exotic bounty that required you to buy them, but that's pretty shitty of Bungie. They're very quick to deny any fun from us while not implementing the changes the game actually needs.

Every change they made has been to slow down progression.

ocean

Banned
Guys, how does Gjallarhorn compare to Hezen Vengeance (Raid solar RL)?

The Hezen splits into several projectiles and carries 3 rounds before reloading, it's sick. I missed out on Gja that week and wonder if I should lament it :p The fact that HV is purple is a plus too, lets me keep IB on as well.

Jarate

Banned
Guys, how does Gjallarhorn compare to Hezen Vengeance (Raid solar RL)?

The Hezen splits into several projectiles and carries 3 rounds before reloading, it's sick. I missed out on Gja that week and wonder if I should lament it :p The fact that HV is purple is a plus too, lets me keep IB on as well.

Gja has the same ability, but it has tracking rounds, but it only has 2 in the clip

Personally the tracking rounds make it broken

X-Frame

I can't believe that a Sunsinger specced for Radiant Skin & Flameshield can actually out-melee a Defender Titan in his own bubble shield w/ Armor of Light.

Defender Titan buff please ..

Heel

I doubt it. Gunsmith was actually selling two rare fusion rifles at once last night.

Lima

Ahaha legendary engram for afking. This fucking game man. So dumb. Now give me the school bus ship and I can finally stop being a dead weight for my team.

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
hey Hawkian, I like the idea of hand cannons, but not particularly good with them, i'm an AR scrub.

I got fatebringer. Other than arc, just how good do you think it is? i'ma hunter.
even without the arc damage it's phenomenal. I'm jelly. Zoba owns one and can speak better to its strengths.
Every change they made has been to slow down progression.
please. guaranteed blue engrams from tiger strikes are going to let me go from 20 to 25 on my warlock in like 30 seconds.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom