• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT7| "In the Garden of Suros" by I. Ron Banner

Status
Not open for further replies.

firehawk12

Subete no aware
Anyone up for a last-minute Weekly or Nightfall? Doing it on my alt now with Hawkian. a_javierp on PS4 if you want to join!

Any help appreciated as this new Sunsinger of mine is still at 26.

I joined in and tried the second cheese spot but died. lol

Chitown B

X1 - anyone want to raid? normal or hard. I'm a 29 Blade Dancer.

or maybe not?

Social and GamingLimited

Affected platforms:

Xbox One

Xbox 360
Affected services:
Managing friends lists and tracking what friends are doing
10/12/2014 9:36:04 PM CST:
Having troubles when you're trying manage your Friends or Profiles? Our team is working hard right this moment to get this fixed. Thanks for your patience while we're working. We'll update you again in one hour.

Mattdaddy

Gold Member
If anyone needs another for normal raid, 28 Titan here looking to give it a crack. I've never tried before but have looked at some guides.

Psn - Bicep_Curls

hydruxo

Legendary engram just turned into Shadow Price now I can spend my marks on something else instead :) Rahool came through for once.

Already finished the raid on normal for the week, will I get anything for doing it on hard?

I dunno, what do you think?

AO2a47B.png

patchday

DAMN I finally was going to score #1 in an iron banner match and finish up the IB bounty (must finish first) and Destiny servers boot me. GRRRR. time for a break

X1 - anyone want to raid? normal or hard. I'm a 29 Blade Dancer.

or maybe not?

Social and GamingLimited

Affected platforms:

Xbox One

Xbox 360
Affected services:
Managing friends lists and tracking what friends are doing
10/12/2014 9:36:04 PM CST:
Having troubles when you're trying manage your Friends or Profiles? Our team is working hard right this moment to get this fixed. Thanks for your patience while we're working. We'll update you again in one hour.

Yup, can't see friends in the friends app or inside of Destiny, so can't send party invites or game invites to them. =/

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
Nice little raid tonight for me. Came out with Vision of Confluence Scout rifle, Found Verdict shotty and Truth launcher.

I already have an almost-maxed Gjallarhorn though but I'm guessing Truth outdoes it? =[
Gjallarhorn straight up outclasses Truth, but it's solar and Truth is void, so having and levelling both is no bad thing. truth is the ultimate weapon for this week's weekly strike boss, for example

lunlunqq

My first sorta-afk crucible match result (control). I even got 2 kills.
MHiMkhJ.png

Of course RNGusis still hates me. I was semi-afking by remotely played that match on my vita.

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
How is the Hawkmoon as a serious weapon for both PVP and PVE? Do you ever feel handicap?
No. Like all hand cannons it requires skill to wield well, but it is a phenomenal weapon in every scenario to which I have applied it. It also randomly feels OP due to the nature of its upgrades. I always feel a twinge of sadness when I holster it to leverage a Burn with a different exotic or grab Gjallarhorn for a boss.

Frenden

Banned
No. Like all hand cannons it requires skill to wield well, but it is a phenomenal weapon in every scenario to which I have applied it. It also randomly feels OP due to the nature of its upgrades. I always feel a twinge of sadness when I holster it to leverage a Burn with a different exotic or grab Gjallarhorn for a boss.

I went back to a non-hand-cannon primary for the auto rifle Iron Banner bounties and it almost brought me to tears.

I get slightly better KDRs with ARs, but they're so much less fun.

Fucking this. There are several pieces of faction gear that have better stat and skill spreads to suit how I want to build my character, but it's requiring a ton of grinding through the Crucible in order to get enough rep/marks to actually get to any of it. I'm not ashamed to admit that I absolutely fucking suck at PvP, so running through the maps, losing about 80% of my one-on-one firefights, losing the match and getting 2 marks at a time has worn out its welcome really quickly. I can't even manage most of the crucible bounties because they tend to require a degree of high performance that I can't match up with.

Yeah, I know, "git gud" and all, but at least grinding through patrols, Vanguard bounties, and strike playlists was something I could get into a groove on and still felt like I was accomplishing things. Getting wrecked by a bunch of people with an extra decade of shooter experience has been aggravating to say the least.

I was almost a complete noob at competitive FPS(spent a little time playing BF4 and Killzone SF) and I was horrible at Crucible in the beginning. Now it is rare that I finish lower than 1.0 k/d ratio. It just takes repetition and the right gun.

Got my first Legendary from a blue engram but it's not even for my class. I'm a Warlock and it gave me Titan gloves. I am so close to simply being done with this game. Run and re-run the same missions over and over and over in the strike playlists and for what? A fucking thing I can't even use. I can't even trade it with someone for something I can use. What in the actual fuck.

JNA

Banned
Jeez the difference between asking for help on Gaf and on Gamefaqs is huge.

On Gaf, you guys are friendly, helpful, and I usually get good results with you guys. :D

On gamefaqs, I get these total douchebags who have no clue what they are doing, scream in high pitched voices, and then pin the blame on some other person and kick them out. I was the latest victim, despite being two levels under most of them yet died the least amount of times and ranked in the most kills in most parts of raid mode.

Never going on gamefaqs ever again now lol. I have you guys! :D

lunlunqq

My second crucible via vita remote play. I even got NINE KILLS and didn't rank the last on my team... Finally unlocked rumble. Now I can do some true afking without feeling guilty for dragging down my team.

suaENxK.png

So i got the gate keeper checkpoint on hard again on my lvl 29 hunter. I want to get pass this and use my lvl 27 titan and cheese the boss. Anyone want to do this? PS4 by the way. GT is CrackaFett

BadAss2961

So i got the gate keeper checkpoint on hard again on my lvl 29 hunter. I want to get pass this and use my lvl 27 titan and cheese the boss. Anyone want to do this? PS4 by the way. GT is CrackaFett
I'd love the opportunity to cheese Hard Atheon. I've solo'd him before, but on Normal.

Post again if you need help at the Atheon checkpoint.

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
I went back to a non-hand-cannon primary for the auto rifle Iron Banner bounties and it almost brought me to tears.

I get slightly better KDRs with ARs, but they're so much less fun.
I saw that bounty... that'll be painful :(
Is the hard light a good exotic? Got it off my first legendary engram ever.
I have no experience with it, but it is one of the coolest looking guns in the game at least!

jett

D-Member
Wow..Vex Mythlocast makes PVP unplayable

A lot of weapons are retarded in PVP. Earlier today during a Rumble match everyone quit due to my Invective. I don't blame them. :p

A balance patch needs to out ASAP. And it needs to be something that creates a divide between PVE and PVP. I mean, you can't just downgrade shotguns for the whole game, since they're already fucking useless in PVE.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom