• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT7| "In the Garden of Suros" by I. Ron Banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
My name is Woofington. And ever since I reached level 29 I don't care enough to put time into this game as much as I used to. Especially with real life and super smash to keep me busy.

Well, I don't think that's a bad thing. Once you've done most of the content, you're done until they add some new stuff. Happens with every game.

realcZk

Had a great hard mode raid run tonight with some people from GAF. Manage to get super lucky and grab the Fatebringer from the Templar boss. Super awesome and I've wanted it since I saw it. Looks like I can finally put TDYK in the stash :(

blackflag

Welp, just got the MIDA Multi Tool as a reward for the Vanguard Tiger Strike playlist. My compatriot just told me to take the horseshoe out of my ass so he could have some luck :)

I now have 4 Exotic primaries, 3 Specials, and 1 Heavy.

Sounds like me although I think I only gave3 exotic primaries

Suros
Mida
Monte Carlo
Last step of thorn but can't be bothered to try until they buff it.

Icebreaker
Invective
Pocket infinity

Thunderlord.

I should have gotten Gjallahorn I just didn't realize how good it was at the time. It's a super help for gatekeepers on hard mode.

I've dumped 3 exotic bounties because the other weapons suck and I don't want to bother with them.

Rixxan

rank 3 iron banner

consider myself one of the better pvp'ers out there, and im wondering how one manages to die with a mythoclast?

gun seems like an insta-win

feel like if i had one id be averaging over 4.0 lifetime KDR

not that im complaining mind you, its the best gun in the game off the hardest piece of content in the game, its cool that its there

just fucking wish i had one goddamn

GhaleonEB

I'm about ready to return to Destiny after a week or two hiatus. Tonight I took my level 20 Hunter into the daily Heroic Strike, only to find myself playing it solo. Is that normal? I thought I'd get matched up with some players like the regular playlists.

I left it and tried a level 22 strike, only to get matched with a level 28 guy who was mowing everything down himself, and a level 19 guy who was cowering in the corner of every battle. I played for a few minute and could barely get a shot in as the level 28 dude was just plowing through everything ahead of us. I left so he could continue. It was not a pleasant return to the game. :\

btkadams

Anyone else getting disconnected a lot today? Been disconnected maybe 5 times over the course of the day. I just tested my internet connection on the ps4 and it said 50 down / 4 up (wired), so it's not me..

Ken

I'm about ready to return to Destiny after a week or two hiatus. Tonight I took my level 20 Hunter into the daily Heroic Strike, only to find myself playing it solo. Is that normal? I thought I'd get matched up with some players like the regular playlists.

I left it and tried a level 22 strike, only to get matched with a level 28 guy who was mowing everything down himself, and a level 19 guy who was cowering in the corner of every battle. I played for a few minute and could barely get a shot in as the level 28 dude was just plowing through everything ahead of us. I left so he could continue. It was not a pleasant return to the game. :

The daily heroic isn't a strike; it's just a regular story mission with modifiers (skulls) turned on. If you mean the weekly heroic strike that has no matchmaking.

Dante316

I left it and tried a level 22 strike, only to get matched with a level 28 guy who was mowing everything down himself, and a level 19 guy who was cowering in the corner of every battle. I played for a few minute and could barely get a shot in as the level 28 dude was just plowing through everything ahead of us. I left so he could continue. It was not a pleasant return to the game. :

The daily story and daily weekly and the weekly nightfall have no matchmaking. You have to bring a fireteam. And yea sometimes matchmaking is wonky as hell.

The only thing Crucible has ever given me. The fire rate is not too hot.
8loDP6q.jpg

Why no Monte Carlo? :/

join my custom game lobby

owait

Custom games would be amazing. Playing Zombies with people from GAF, sparrow races, a makeshift Griffball. Everything would be possible.

Imagine a gamemode where everybody could use sword of crota and fight each other in a full-retard sumo match to the death? That'd be amazingly fun.

But you know, custom games and forge would be a good idea. So yeah not happening

If y'all get an xbone and Halo MCC let me know. I'll play the ever living shit out of Halo 2 custom games.

Rocket jump. Rocket jump. Rocket Jump

SnakeEyes

Banned

I left it and tried a level 22 strike, only to get matched with a level 28 guy who was mowing everything down himself, and a level 19 guy who was cowering in the corner of every battle. I played for a few minute and could barely get a shot in as the level 28 dude was just plowing through everything ahead of us. I left so he could continue. It was not a pleasant return to the game. :\
Daily Heroic mission is a story mission and not a Strike, also the Weekly Heroic Strike and the Nightfall Strike do not have matchmaking.

Deku Tree

Looking for a crash test dummy. Anyone want to help me cheese the crucible part of my exotic bounties? I suck at crucible. You just need to join my fireteam and let me kill you over and over again. it won't take very long. I promise to get you back somehow.

GhaleonEB

The daily heroic isn't a strike; it's just a regular story mission with modifiers (skulls) turned on. If you mean the weekly heroic strike that has no matchmaking.

The daily story and daily weekly and the weekly nightfall have no matchmaking. You have to bring a fireteam. And yea sometimes matchmaking is wonky as hell.

Yeah, it was the heroic strike. No matchmaking? I'd heard some complaints about such but I didn't follow the specifics. I get the complaints now. That's baffling.

Thanks.

Custom games would be amazing. Playing Zombies with people from GAF, sparrow races, a makeshift Griffball. Everything would be possible.

Imagine a gamemode where everybody could use sword of crota and fight each other in a full-retard sumo match to the death? That'd be amazingly fun.

But you know, custom games and forge would be a good idea. So yeah not happening

If y'all get an xbone and Halo MCC let me know. I'll play the ever living shit out of Halo 2 custom games.

Rocket jump. Rocket jump. Rocket Jump

mhmm custom games alone would add 6+ months onto the game's lifespan. you'd be able to hold 12 player lobbies and play with more friends at a time. it'd also open up the potential for tournaments and clan battles.

Looking for a crash test dummy. Anyone want to help me cheese the crucible part of my exotic bounties? I suck at crucible. You just need to join my fireteam and let me kill you over and over again. it won't take very long. I promise to get you back somehow.

PS4? I can get on in 15 minutes.

Navy Bean

So for shits and giggles I jumped into an IB match. Got 18 kills and a 1.5 kdr and we won. I say all this because I suck at the Destiny PvP but damn if the combo of a fully leveled Suros and Sunbro with burn damage isn't OP. Someone with any real skills would have completely dominated. Got nothing as a reward btw, thanks Bungie.

NastyBook

Finally got an exotic weapon from an engram and its an Ice Breaker...RNGesus hates me.
That's bad only if you don't have a second and third character. I'd love to get another Ice Breaker. WIll toss it on my Hunter in a heartbeat. Anything to make Juggler missions easier for my characters.

Gr1mLock

Passing metallic gas
I have discovered a rather pleasant side effect of a secondary character. Not only is he a walking locker but he makes me slightly less annoyed when i get a duplicate item or a warlock legendary since i can just pass it off to him.

Navy Bean

I'd love to have a second character. But, I'm not sure I can tolerate the grind. Should probably just bite the bullet considering there's 2 months until the next expansion.

Sullichin

That's bad only if you don't have a second and third character. I'd love to get another Ice Breaker. WIll toss it on my Hunter in a heartbeat. Anything to make Juggler missions easier for my characters.
isn't it better to have one and just store it so you can upgrade it with both characters?

VoxteX

Is this post serious? You would level up another icebreaker rather than just swap the same one around with your vault? I love having alts because the bounties level all my weapons...can't imagine leveling exotics twice.

This true?

Yes it's true. If you want to be 30 you have to wear an exotic helmet or beat the hard (Multiple times possibly). Otherwise the max light level would of been over 30, and the hard would drop different gear. I actually wish they had done it the traditional way instead of this.

Indrid Cold

Unconfirmed Member
Well I was gonna try to get ib rank 2 but if I can't even get to the actual match before you kick me fuck you too game. Seriously wtf is wrong with your servers bungie?

Korosenai

Need an experienced warlock who knows how to push atheon off the ledge, preferably the one where you do it in less than 30 seconds.

Xbox one, message Korosenai.

Sullichin

Timur's lash won't break down into energy right? Got another one in Iron Banner. I don't really understand why it breaks down into nothing. it's a random drop, it's not like I can abuse it.

Anyway, Timur's Lash is probably my favorite handcannon. This thing is beastly. I kinda wish it had the bigass magazine of Lord High Fixer, but it has better impact so I think it's a little better for PVE. Better hipfire accuracy + radar while aiming + stability are great PVP perks.

Five 100 point bounties to Crucible rank 7

EL CUCO

So after experiencing a plethora of ass energies in today's Raid, I can confirm Blessed of the Gifted dont do jack shiiet

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom