• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT7| "In the Garden of Suros" by I. Ron Banner

Status
Not open for further replies.

malfcn

You receive 20 reps per level... so 3-4 matches with bounties (50-100 per bounty) give lvl 1... buy the emblem and shader and equip them to receive 30 reps per win... do bounties while that. When reach lvl 2 buy the class item and equip it to have access to more bounties.

I'm lvl 2 with ~1000 reps... 1500 reps to lvl 3.

Edit - The emblem, shader and class item increase the bounties to 66-120 reps.

i have the shader and emblem.
suppose playing with randoms, causes less wins and less rep.

nowai

If you're you're Sunvsmoon, thanks for the group! This is Bicep_curls. Had a blast, hit me up anytime.

Heh, Alucrid is not me, but he IS a rad dude and totally pro mlg! Probably good smelling as well.

Was a good run for teaching new mechanics. It's a shame Bungie put the best content out of reach for a lot of players to access. Everyone should be able to experience the raid.

It gives me a lot of hope for the xpacs.

Spiders

Finally did the raid last night! Took about 3 hours with 5 first-timers and one experienced raider.

I got Atheon's Epilogue, Hezen Vengeance and a sparkly bond for my warlock.

Mattdaddy

Gold Member
Heh, Alucrid is not me, but he IS a rad dude and totally pro mlg! Probably good smelling as well.

Was a good run for teaching new mechanics. It's a shame Bungie put the best content out of reach for a lot of players to access. Everyone should be able to experience the raid.

Oh hey! Yeah that was a lot of fun, I've enjoyed the strikes but that was way better. I agree, I hope the expansions add more of that flavor. And good job explaining the fights to the newbs like me, I think our group kicked ass. I don't know anyone else that plays destiny so I was desperate to get with a group on here.
Thanks!!

JNA

Banned
Anybody on Destroy Aethon on Hard Mode checkpoint? I can solo it with that cheese method but would love someone's help if they have the checkpoint lol.

Pop

The point system in control is so fucked. How is it you capture two zones and lose the lead. Then you have all three and the score barely moves but then when the other team captures one zone they get the lead again.

How in the hell

Alucrid

Banned
The point system in control is so fucked. How is it you capture two zones and lose the lead. Then you have all three and the score barely moves but then when the other team captures one zone they get the lead again.

How in the hell

Zones are multipliers for points. If you ain't killing anyone having three zones doesn't do you any good.

I'll be sure to put "good smelling" as a qualifier when I'm looking to do this week's raid.

Gsnap

Finally broke the barrier of level 24 today. Got one of those legendary vanguard helmets. Not really something I feel like pumping materials into though. Hopefully I can get more gear quickly so I can get up to 26 and start to take on the raid. I hope xur sells something good this weekend because I'll have enough coins by then.

Start doing bounties early people. It'll help save you from the crap I had to go through this last week and a half.

When it's locked behind the hardest content in the game? No.

That has nothing to do with its use in PvP, and with people figuring out ways to cheese hard mode, they can get it. More and more folks are getting it now. And that doesn't change the fact that there are many weapon types and like a couple are the go-to choice because they clearly dominate on a dps basis

Yu Narukami

Not a bad week-end. Bought Shadow Price, got Vanquisher gifted, got Super Pox VLO from Cryptarch (how's that anyway?), got Legendary boots and finished the Pocket Infinity bounty.
My alt Titan is now level 25 only through drops, for my Warlock I had to buy EVERYTHING to hit level 28.

Mik2121

Man, the game has been so much nicer to me in the last 3 days or so. I got 4 legendary items on the raid and the daily for 2 days (so 1 legendary per day and 2 on the raid).

TTG

Is kicking people at the Gordon maze a thing? Went through the raid with random tower guys once just fine. Tried it again with another team and they kicked me and the other player with no explanation as soon as we got there.

When it's locked behind the hardest content in the game? No.

The hardest PvE content in the game.

You don't give people the best PvP weapon from doing PvE. This is a cardinal sin in MMO design.

However it's become increasingly obvious that no one at Bungie has ever played any MMO ever before designing this game.

Mindlog

The easy fix is to award Mythoclast only at the end of the Gatekeeper fight. Atheon is a complete pushover even without cheese compared to the Gatekeeper.

RE: Crucible.
You already have two points. Stop going after the third. Let them come to you. Charging the third means they get to spawn behind you. Don't let them out of their barrel like that. I almost always stay behind a point while the team charges for that reason. The ten kill bounty is basically free rep. On some teams it gets really bad. They keep charging and hoping the enemy runs out of bullets.

firehawk12

Subete no aware
That has nothing to do with its use in PvP, and with people figuring out ways to cheese hard mode, they can get it. More and more folks are getting it now. And that doesn't change the fact that there are many weapon types and like a couple are the go-to choice because they clearly dominate on a dps basis
It's weird that they worry about balance - as seen in the failed Iron Banner event - but they also don't give a fuck about who brings what weapon to PVP.

They had to have known that the best players in the game will get the weapon with the most cheese. And all that does is just make the game harder for the people in the middle who still play but don't have 3 alts running Hard raid over and over again.

The hardest PvE content in the game.

You don't give people the best PvP weapon from doing PvE. This is a cardinal sin in MMO design.

However it's become increasingly obvious that no one at Bungie has ever played any MMO ever before designing this game.
I feel bad for Luke Smith now. :p

Well I just beat The Raid using the cheapo method.

That was so awesome.

I hope to God Bungie doesn't patch this out anytime soon.

Of course, you know they will.

patchday

Just completed the normal raid (checkpoint a bit before final boss) with some gaf'fers and brought along a buddy too. Got 3 asshards + Atheon's Epilogue

Not bad. Never expected to step foot into raid content

hitme

Anyone want to help beat normal raid? I'm at the boss checkpoint. On ps4, psn: corporateclown

I'm down for it again since some of us just cheese our way.

PS4: Hit-me--

(and since a glitch had our team got stuck after the mission and manually got out, I can still get my rewards for this week.)

Korosenai

Beat raid on hard mode on my alt.

Two nights ago when I did it I got the Timebreaker and Ascendant Shards.

Tonight I got the Timebreaker and two Raid Helmets.

One thing I am pissed about is I still have yet to have a Exotic drop.

All the Exotic stuff I have is from Bounties or Buying.

WTF!?!!?!?

How is it everyone else keeps getting exotic drops and I walk away empty handed? ::SIGH::

Can I please just complete one Weekly, Nightfall or Raid without getting ASS SHARDS or ASS ENERGY for a change?

Sergoes

Atheon is a complete pushover even without cheese compared to the Gatekeeper.
XS5LKh.jpg

I really hope he's always known as a pushover, but to be honest, Gatekeeper can be cheesed pretty easily when you have 5 people going into the portal firing rocket launchers, getting him low, then going to the next Gatekeeper, 4 people go in while 1 goes mid, repeat, then take them both down, grab the shields, and defend mid easily. Most fights have been solved for the most part and now people are just mining them for even faster ways to down them. I think the only part out of the entire raid that is the hardest and can't be cheesed as much is after the first wave of enemies before the Templar.

Good raid group NarcissisticJay. Used cheese on Atheon but fuck it. Ended up with a preeeeetty good haul. Got the raid chest + helm, found verdict and hexen vengeance along with the ship. I can hit 30 now but I'm way short on ascendent shards.

Still need to do the beginning of the raid up until the templar area for the chests. Hopefully I can find some time before the reset.

Sergoes

I imagine they'll patch Atheon to respawn when he falls.

The thing is, they could have patched it the day after if it was really that big of a deal to them. Letting it go for over a week means that a ton of groups have downed him using this method. I really think they're just going to consider it a creative use of game mechanics. They haven't denounced any cheesing so far in raids and strikes. If anything there could be a big outcry by players just getting to Atheon not having a shot at the same loot that cheesing players have had access to. My guess is that if it bothers Bungie, they'll factor this into future encounters, so that you can't knock off bosses in the next raid. Even then I'm sure people will keep finding ways to cheese bosses. I just wonder if they'll stick with a sit back approach and not patch them.

JackHerer

I don't understand some of the weapon upgrades in this game. Some of them seem pointless. For example my Ice Breaker has these in its first column (where the different sights would normally be):

Accurized Ballistics - "more range and impact, increased recoil"

Field Choke - "more range and impact, increased recoil" (exact same description...)

Linear Compensator - "More predictable recoil, slight boosts to range and impact, more recoil"

None of them make any difference at all that shows up in the weapon's stats... What's the point?

kaiiri

The thing is, they could have patched it the day after if it was really that big of a deal to them. Letting it go for over a week means that a ton of groups have downed him using this method. I really think they're just going to consider it a creative use of game mechanics. They haven't denounced any cheesing so far in raids and strikes. If anything there could be a big outcry by players just getting to Atheon not having a shot at the same loot that cheesing players have had access to. My guess is that if it bothers Bungie, they'll factor this into future encounters, so that you can't knock off bosses in the next raid. Even then I'm sure people will keep finding ways to cheese bosses. I just wonder if they'll stick with a sit back approach and not patch them.

didn't people say the same about the loot cave? yes there are "alternative" loot caves now. but nothing as easy as the original.

I'm surprised at how many people are "cheesing" the raid, and hoping for it not to be patched. It's kind of amoral. Not only that, but how many people are proud of the fact they exploited the raid is kind of disturbing. I exploited the Templar with the platform trick when I first started doing hard, and felt guilty about it. Like I was sneaking my way into a dinner party where I wasn't invited. I honestly hope they patch that too, it's almost become the standard for the raid, I've yet to find a random group where it's done properly.

firehawk12

Subete no aware
I'm surprised at how many people here are "cheesing" the raid, and hoping for it not to be patched. It's kind of amoral. Not only that, but how many people are proud of the fact they exploited the raid is kind of disturbing. I exploited the Templar with the platform trick when I first started doing hard, and felt guilty about it. Like I was sneaking my way into a dinner party where I wasn't invited. I honestly hope they patch that too, it's almost become the standard for the raid, I've yet to find a random group where it's done properly.
Because they made the game about getting the gear. Imagine if you're doing this with 3 characters?

commish

Jason Kidd murdered my dog in cold blood!
There should be some code so that, if you already have (a) chatterwhite, (b) any raid ship or (c) over 50 shards, those things don't drop from raid bosses.

TTG

I don't understand some of the weapon upgrades in this game. Some of them seem pointless. For example my Ice Breaker has these in its first column (where the different sights would normally be):

Accurized Ballistics - "more range and impact, increased recoil"

Field Choke - "more range and impact, increased recoil" (exact same description...)

Linear Compensator - "More predictable recoil, slight boosts to range and impact, more recoil"

None of them make any difference at all that shows up in the weapon's stats... What's the point?

I've learned that the important thing is to pick whatever has handling, quick aiming, snap shot etc. At least when it comes to primary weapons.

commish

Jason Kidd murdered my dog in cold blood!
I'm surprised at how many people are "cheesing" the raid, and hoping for it not to be patched. It's kind of amoral. Not only that, but how many people are proud of the fact they exploited the raid is kind of disturbing. I exploited the Templar with the platform trick when I first started doing hard, and felt guilty about it. Like I was sneaking my way into a dinner party where I wasn't invited. I honestly hope they patch that too, it's almost become the standard for the raid, I've yet to find a random group where it's done properly.

I think you're taking a game a bit too seriously...

Sergoes

didn't people say the same about the loot cave? yes there are "alternative" loot caves now. but nothing as easy as the original.

True, but in the case of the loot cave, you weren't playing the game as intended at all. It was reaching the mainstream outlets as well and put Destiny in a poor light as a mindless grindfest. At least with these cheese mechanics you have to do a good percentage of the raid as intended.

By the way, not sure if anyone has seen this already, but you can make the Templar kill himself as well if you get him to teleport to the lower left side of the entire map then throw grenades near him. Poor guy floats down like a deflated balloon. I need to upload a gif of it soon.

BadAss2961

I feel bad about it up until the moment I realize that i'm still at the mercy of RNGesus.

This game cheeses most of us way more than we'll ever cheese it.

With the way the game handles health and shields the best strategy is always to get somewhere that minimises incoming damage. If we could take more damage or if there was something like life on kill/hit then being in the thick of it, duking it out would make more sense. Finding cheese spots as people like to call them is the most efficient way to deal with major encounters.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom