• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT7| "In the Garden of Suros" by I. Ron Banner

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sergoes

Damn. So there's no way to solo atheon hard with a hunter? I'm having terrible luck with my raid group getting past templar and I can't seem to get the chest to drop to hit 30.

Unfortunately Hunters don't have a pulsing grenade/ability similar to what Warlocks and Titans have, which makes the solo tactic impossible. Really sucks for Hunters.

Haha, this will be fix within days. Wouldn't be surprised it it's fixed today. I actually want them to fix it, because I know I will do this, but I want to get the gear without doing it. But I can't help myself. :)

Emperor_Good.jpg

Embrace the cheese...

Zakalwe

Banned
Yeah, see the best I've ever gotten is rare gauntlets that sucked compared to what I had. I'm this close to never playing PvP again. Such a frustrating experience.

Well, if you're playing pvp for the random drops then you're probably playing it wrong anyway.

vakarian32

When does the Iron banner event finish up? Same time as the weekly reset? Just trying to figure out if it's even possible for me to reach rank 3 in time..

I don't even know, I was just listing the various cheese techniques I know of on that fight. I'm not even offering a reward for completing it, I just want to see if he really cares about his ePeen or not and will really do it and post a Youtube video just because someone on the Internet challenged him to do it.

I remember when I did that Nightfall I was level 24 or something, with 2 people who were level 25. Everything in that room oneshotted us, so we stood outside the room, ran back to the room before it when the Shrieker came out, and plinked away at Phogoth for what seemed like forever until he died. None of us had any weapons that corresponded with the burn that week, it was like the 2nd week of the game's release or something. I have no idea what being 29/30 with the appropriate weapons would be like on that fight.

Why not, I like challenges, I see it as more of a fun activity than a challenge for vindication.

Really feel like I'm missing out on raid stuff even more now with all the people talking about soloing the boss even. Oh well, am a hunter anyway so not like I can do it.

By the by, what does the iron banner rep items disassemble into? Ass shards or just junk?

hitme

Solo'd Atheon then oracles killed me and stuck at the kill screen.

All you need is a Sunsinger with a super to cheese him. You have to charge up your super by getting killed rather than getting teleported (which depletes your meter).

Sorral

Pocket Infinity or Super Good Advice? I already have Invective and Ice Breaker, so the secondary weapon slot is kind of filled, but I've only used fusion rifles reluctantly when a skull is on, maybe it's time to try.

Pocket Infinity is waaay worth getting over Super Good Advice and I got both. SGA is a good PvE weapon, but recoils so much, takes a long time to reload, and has the same solar damage as PI. You will most likely get the bounty for it again.

I had people ragequit PvP matches and others with mythoclast just target me for most of the matches because of how I was pissing them off using PI.

Mattdaddy

Gold Member
Pocket Infinity or Super Good Advice? I already have Invective and Ice Breaker, so the secondary weapon slot is kind of filled, but I've only used fusion rifles reluctantly when a skull is on, maybe it's time to try.

I have both and would definitely go with pocket infinity. It's pretty badass. I love machine guns so I really wanted to like super good advice... But the kick is so insane it's pretty much useless unless youre point blank.

Futaba

does anyone have a hard mode raid save right after templar dies? not interested in cheesing i just want to explore (not a save already jumped down in to the gorgon maze though!)

Super Good Advice is a shitty shitty Exotic. I finally got the Bad JuJu yesterday and 2 of the 3 exotic weapons I have are terrible. How the hell does the Bad JuJu only have 15 shots. Bad JuJu might as well be an Uncommon weapon for all I care there is nothing special about it. Ugh

Super Good Advice is a shitty shitty Exotic. I finally got the Bad JuJu yesterday and 2 of the 3 exotic weapons I have are terrible. How the hell does the Bad JuJu only have 15 shots. Bad JuJu might as well be an Uncommon weapon for all I care there is nothing special about it. Ugh

Higher impact or more rounds to fix? I heard they are working on it. I wonder what is going to change? I've actively avoided it on my exotic bounties so far, but now it's the only one left I can get in that group.

it's a good flashlight in the gorgon's maze

Higher impact or more rounds to fix? I heard they are working on it, wonder what is going to change, I've actively avoided it on my exotic bounties so far, but now it's the only one left I can get in that group.

I actually think both. Against higher level enemies it feels useless to me. You're already not doing enough damage and before you know it you're reloading again.

woot got my first exotic weapon bounty (pocket infinity) on saturday afternoon and kept checking the gunsmith for rare fusion rifles until he had some for sale at 3AM!

spent all day sunday farming fusion rifles kills at ishar academy and finally got it!

now i gotta upgrade it to full auto mode, seen videos on youtube and its a beast!

Hyun Sai

I think I'll wait they patch the Raid, the LFGs is getting depressing for anyone wanting to do it learning the intended mechanics.

Any word of Bungie on this issue yet ?

TTG

Pocket Infinity is waaay worth getting over Super Good Advice and I got both. SGA is a good PvE weapon, but recoils so much, takes a long time to reload, and has the same solar damage as PI. You will most likely get the bounty for it again.

I had people ragequit PvP matches and others with mythoclast just target me for most of the matches because of how I was pissing them off using PI.

I have both and would definitely go with pocket infinity. It's pretty badass. I love machine guns so I really wanted to like super good advice... But the kick is so insane it's pretty much useless unless youre point blank.

Thank you sirs. A quick google search produced this if anyone else is interested in the availability of rare fusion rifles:

http://www.reddit.com/r/DestinyTheG..._the_gunsmith_sells_rare_fusion_rifles_every/

Future

I don't understand some of the weapon upgrades in this game. Some of them seem pointless. For example my Ice Breaker has these in its first column (where the different sights would normally be):

Accurized Ballistics - "more range and impact, increased recoil"

Field Choke - "more range and impact, increased recoil" (exact same description...)

Linear Compensator - "More predictable recoil, slight boosts to range and impact, more recoil"

None of them make any difference at all that shows up in the weapon's stats... What's the point?

Man this 1000 times. Now that I am in late game I feel like these choices matter but I got no idea what these things mean. Especially when they don't affect the stat bar displays... When describing changes that seem directly related to a stat.

I was going to see if I could find some videos of someone that managed to try every perk and actually show if there is any meaningful changed

Man this 1000 times. Now that I am in late game I feel like these choices matter but I got no idea what these things mean. Especially when they don't affect the stat bar displays... When describing changes that seem directly related to a stat.

I was going to see if I could find some videos of someone that managed to try every perk and actually show if there is any meaningful changed

LOL i was looking at this only last night thinking what the fuck is the point?

I think it just means more stability compared to previous upgrade, but as you say the stats do not change.

I don't understand some of the weapon upgrades in this game. Some of them seem pointless. For example my Ice Breaker has these in its first column (where the different sights would normally be):

Accurized Ballistics - "more range and impact, increased recoil"

Field Choke - "more range and impact, increased recoil" (exact same description...)

Linear Compensator - "More predictable recoil, slight boosts to range and impact, more recoil"

None of them make any difference at all that shows up in the weapon's stats... What's the point?

the first row of upgrades is usually guilty of this kind of nonsense. it's very inconsistent and confusing.

About to hit Vanguard rank 3 and I'm sitting on capped marks. I need a void machine gun so The Swarm looks good although I hear shadow price is a beast. I've got New Monarchy approaching level 3 though so I could get a Vanquisher instead.

Should I go that route?

So I'm on a search for the highest fire rate Scout Rifle. I found this Uncommon one that lets me fire as fast as I can pull the trigger. I don't have the Vision of Confluence, but is the FR comparable, and is it the fastest in Destiny?

excowboy

RE: Super Good Advice - I have no upgrades on it and the recoil is perfectly manageable if you feather the trigger carefully and just let off 2-3 round bursts in quick succession. You can actually get mainly headshots like that and the fire rate is still pretty high.

Yu Narukami

About to hit Vanguard rank 3 and I'm sitting on capped marks. I need a void machine gun so The Swarm looks good although I hear shadow price is a beast. I've got New Monarchy approaching level 3 though so I could get a Vanquisher instead.

Should I go that route?

I bought Shadow Price and New Monarchy gifted me Vanquisher. I don't see a difference except SP has 3 more bullets.

Ken

Looking For Group

When does iron banner end? Tomorrow?

I probably won't be able to hit rank 3 before it leaves sigh. Lol

Will there be a maintenance on Destiny Servers today?

Also, do you get drops everytime you kill Atheon if you kill him multiple times per week?

NastyBook

Holy SHIT, Warlocks are fucking DOPE!! So's this Legendary Hand Cannon of mine. Ate the lunch of 4 dudes at C on Venus with it. Gonna upload that later on today.

issaco

Neo Member
Anyone else need/can help on the last stage of the thorn bounty (Xyor the unwed 26 epic Summoning Pits) been trying to solo but not gotten past the 4 wizard stage of opening the door?

PSN: Silentmmo
28 lock

As someone who's been 28 for about a week. I really need to try the raid at some point. I'm hesitant about it though, I don't want to be a detriment to the people I play with and my best primary is still a Shingen E Lol. I have a Legendary Scout rifle but I ain't that great with it. Also still slumming it on the PS3.

TTG

Again, weapon handling I've found to be very important.

Marvel

could never
Going to see if I can power level my new Exo Hunter to 20 later on today, I need to use mah Thorn! it's just sitting there whispering to me from the vault.

Edit: This thread is fast becoming an Atheon checkpoint begging thread :/
iGJox1LTxDcRZ.gif

GraveRobberX

Platinum Trophy: Learned to Shit While Upright Again.
So I now have 7 Exotic Weapons

Suros
Thorn
Bad Juju
Pocket Infinity
Ice Breaker
Super Good Advice x2

Most likely gonna shard the SGA's, it's an easy bounty, did it twice already, I mean search Mars loot crates for weapon, then 1 strange coin to Xur, and Killing 500 enemies with Heavy LMG, gets you a nice Exotic

Have 3 Exotic Gear Pieces

Warlock - Sunbreakers
Hunter - Knucklehead
Titan - An Insurmountable Skullfort

Did Hard Raid Atheon part, got a Speeder and 3 Ass Energy for that =/

I have the worst luck in this game, everything I bought or did a bounty for, nothing given from a "drop"

Marvel

could never

You don't get any ass shard or energy, sadly. Nothing.

I have the worst luck in this game, everything I bought or did a bounty for, nothing given from a "drop"

I'm the same man, nothing has dropped for me either. (I'm not going to count Timmy's Lash because it's not that great)

Kinda funny how I want the speeder more than any Raid gear though, I feel when I eventually have the time do actually complete a damn raid it'll drop.

GraveRobberX

Platinum Trophy: Learned to Shit While Upright Again.
I'd rather IB Gear be Ranked 2, Weapon Rank 3

Getting to 3 is a huge undertaking, then they go do the Queens nerf and fuck you with not getting shrads

If you got to IB3, fuck it you deserve to earn them even with RNG in play
Risk 10 Crucible Marks for a chance, put that shit in like 10-15% drop rate
Up to you to roll and get lucky or not

Marvel

could never
Destiny IOT8I Atheon likes cheese on his crackers

If you got to IB3, fuck it you deserve to earn them even with RNG in play

Hit rank 3 in 3 and a half days, given up trying to get the ship. It's all I really wanted.

The drop rates are pathetic for such an event.

Just finished an Iron Banner match against a team with THREE mythoclast users. Bungie please for the love of
I was in a match yesterday with a group of four buddies who just walked around as a group and killed everyone with their Mythoclasts. It was absolutely disgusting. I left that Fireteam asap.
They were on my team, too.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom