• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT7| "In the Garden of Suros" by I. Ron Banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
so what's the point in ass shards now that i'm level 30?

Do you have any alts?

Fuck, Black Garden for Heroic Story Today. Gotta watch the stupid end video to get my ass shards.

Edit: managed to skip it by logging out at the rewards screen.

You can just go to Orbit after you kill the last boss before the 30 seconds Mission Complete timer counts down and takes you to the Rewards screen.

blazeuk

so what's the point in ass shards now that i'm level 30?

Either saving them for other characters or levelling up any exotic items you get so you can alter your current guardian when needed. I imagine we'll get new raid gear every time they release a new raid, will probably just depend on whether cosmetic changes really matter to you though.

Yu Narukami

Either saving them for other characters or levelling up any exotic items you get so you can alter your current guardian when needed. I imagine we'll get new raid gear every time they release a new raid, will probably just depend on whether cosmetic changes really matter to you though.

I hope they increase level cap with the expansion. Once you are level 30 what's the point in doing new story mission or new strikes?

Do you have any alts?

You can just go to Orbit after you kill the last boss before the 30 seconds Mission Complete timer counts down and takes you to the Rewards screen.

Can't you just return to orbit when the mission complete stuff pops up? That's what I do.

Suprisingly didn't know that after all my play time, thanks guys, always assumed you had to wait until the reward screen to actually get the mission bonuses.

Frenden

Banned
I watched a guy come dead last in three Iron Banner matches with the Mytho on Twitch. It was painful. It's only as good as the person using it.

Ghazi

The thing is, they could have patched it the day after if it was really that big of a deal to them. Letting it go for over a week means that a ton of groups have downed him using this method. I really think they're just going to consider it a creative use of game mechanics. They haven't denounced any cheesing so far in raids and strikes. If anything there could be a big outcry by players just getting to Atheon not having a shot at the same loot that cheesing players have had access to. My guess is that if it bothers Bungie, they'll factor this into future encounters, so that you can't knock off bosses in the next raid. Even then I'm sure people will keep finding ways to cheese bosses. I just wonder if they'll stick with a sit back approach and not patch them.

No. Both will be patched for sure. They never announced they were fixing the loot cave until they did it and that went on for a bit after being discovered. For the loot cave, they adjusted the respawn timers and it was that simple. It's just that this one is harder to fix, considering it's an issue inherent with the AI pathing in the game. It's not as simple as saying they could patch it the day after, they can't just band-aid it because people will find ways to break the weak fix they applied. They have to come up with something that completely prevents the cheesing from happening again, the way it is now, at least.

I always wreck in that map, so I like it and don't mind if it's played often. I'm starting to grow on First Light as well. I still hate Bastion with a passion.

oddly enough, i've grown on bastion, twilight gap and first light - maps i once swore off of - whereas i'm starting to dislike firebase delphi and rusted lands.

and blind watch is still as bad as it was in the beta.

kaiiri

Fastest way to level to 20 for an alt that isn't...... boring? lol. I'm trying to level my alt hunter but I end up just going back to my warlock cause i always feel there's something else i could be doing to better it. = / ... but the benefits of multiple characters with ass shards and strange coins and stuff like that seem hard to beat!

hamchan

Fastest way to level to 20 for an alt that isn't...... boring? lol. I'm trying to level my alt hunter but I end up just going back to my warlock cause i always feel there's something else i could be doing to better it. = / ... but the benefits of multiple characters with ass shards and strange coins and stuff like that seem hard to beat!

PvP. At least there's some thrill from competing against other players. Better than replaying the godawful story missions that's for sure.

Mrgamer

Did the raid with a few gaffers last night for the first time,it was great fun and got raid boots and the shader,lots of ass materials,can't wait to do it again.

Frenden

Banned
oddly enough, i've grown on bastion, twilight gap and first light - maps i once swore off of - whereas i'm starting to dislike firebase delphi and rusted lands.

and blind watch is still as bad as it was in the beta.

A geyser of blood shot out of my eye as soon as I read the words blind and watch next to each other.

A geyser of blood shot out of my eye as soon as I read the words blind and watch next to each other.

i gave it a chance. instead of quitting i played some clash on it.

nothing changed.

spawned in the same spot. ran to the same hallway and killed campers sitting in the same places.

it's just.... ugh. calling it bad would be a disservice to bad maps.

There isn't a non-boring way that I know. It sucks to demote yourself to a weaker character but really doesn't take that long. I just took my alt Warlock from 12 to 20 yesterday and immediately jumped her to 25 with the armor I already had.

Do the main story missions on Hard, the ones that give XP bonuses, and do the bounties. It didn't take nearly as long as I thought, but... it was a wee bit on the boring side. Hopefully can get one more normal raid in tonight though...

Ugh I am level 27 with all legendary armor. I manage to upgrade only my arm armor using some ass shards. I still have 15 left, but the grind for helium filaments and spirt blooms is annoying.. Should I upgrade my chest and helmet using ass shards? Or save it for the exotic from xur this weekend.

I like Blind Watch. Until someone on my team decides "hey, that capture point A that we have been ignoring the entire game is looking mighty fine, I'm gonna go get it".

the reason i dislike rusted lands is because the entire area between B and C is so fucking awkward. the hard routes to B from C are ridiculously easy to defend with shotguns. then there are people way on top of the bricks throwing grenades or some dumb shit and you're on the ground with nothing to jump on or hide behind. and that heavy ammo spawns in a weird corner that nobody can see. it also has the same problem many destiny maps have in that there's no real point of contention. everyone just kinda runs around.

i just think it plays very inconsistently. the lines of sight are generally good but the geometry doesn't match up.

CaptDjob

Neo Member
Ugh I am level 27 with all legendary armor. I manage to upgrade only my arm armor using some ass shards. I still have 15 left, but the grind for helium filaments and spirt blooms is annoying.. Should I upgrade my chest and helmet using ass shards? Or save it for the exotic from xur this weekend.

Well i have found helium filaments being easiest to scavenge. You get 100+/hour quite easily. Might need that 2500kills accomplished first though to generate more loot.

Take one armour and upgrade that to full, then its easier to discard those that you haven't upgraded at all (aka not loosing those used ass chards so much).

jetsetrez

I have the Invective exotic shotgun, but man I just do not get shotguns in this game. I feel like a lot of people just blast through PVP with them, but the range is so awful from mid-range, and switching to it is way too slow when I run into someone head on.

Blind Watch is the only map I really don't like.

I have the Invective exotic shotgun, but man I just do not get shotguns in this game. I feel like a lot of people just blast through PVP with them, but the range is so awful from mid-range, and switching to it is way too slow when I run into someone head on.

you switch to it? most people i've encountered who use shotguns have it out at all times and they just run around with it.

Wait around corners or in tight spaces for other people to come to you. Only try to capture points where you are forced to be in close quarters.

Zakalwe

Banned
Finally did the raid last night! Took about 3 hours with 5 first-timers and one experienced raider.

I got Atheon's Epilogue, Hezen Vengeance and a sparkly bond for my warlock.

I was that one experienced raider. My first time leading a raid, really enjoyed it and learnt a lot about making our regular raid more efficient.

Pleasure leading you guys, everyone played really well.

So has Bungie said anything about doing anything about the RNG in this game. I just did two of the defend Warsat public events and both times someone shows up when it's somewhere around 90% done and in both instances that person got Ass Energy and Shards and I didn't get jack squat for either event.

Are they gonna address this cos that's bullshit. I want Shards to upgrade my shit too.

Midas

Finally beat Atheon, and all I got was this lousy shader and ass shards.

Yeah me too. However, I've gotten gauntlets twice for my warlock after beating the oracle part at the first boss and some legendary shotgun that I'll never use. Still not mad. I'm at the acceptance stage and just enjoy playing the game for now.

I understand that people want things, but do you guys really want everything at once? What are you going to do when you have everything? Wait for December and The Dark Below? In retrospect, I just wish that you didn't level up as fast as you did.

As much as possible use your ass shards only on an Exotic (preferably helmet since the raid helm only drops on Hard) until you run the raid and **hopefully** get at least one piece of raid gear that you can put more shards into.

So has Bungie said anything about doing anything about the RNG in this game. I just did two of the defend Warsat public events and both times someone shows up when it's somewhere around 90% done and in both instances that person got Ass Energy and Shards and I didn't get jack squat for either event.

Are they gonna address this cos that's bullshit. I want Shards to upgrade my shit too.

public event rewards are only given once a day for your first gold-tier event. so that must have been their first gold tier of the day.

Auto_aim1

MeisaMcCaffrey
Finally hit 30. Wish we had better customisation options.

SZpCnXL.jpg

How is Hard Light? Just got it from Iron Banner, felt good as I was #1 that round.

Great PvP weapon. Doesn't have a good range though so you gotta improvise. Upgrade it and reduce the recoil.

The rewards seem to be random. Sometimes I get nothing from my first PE of the day.

last i heard it was supposed to drop something, usually ascendant materials or a strange coin. if it doesn't drop for me then and there i have a package at the post office when i go back.

The once daily reward is mailed to you, it doesn't show up at the end of an event.

There is some possibility that any successful event will drop 1-2 shards/energy (can be one of both also) in addition to the once-daily mail reward. I believe the mail can also be a mote or strange coin, not sure about the event drops.

sounds about right, thanks for clarifying. so i guess plantedunicorn can go back to cursing the tv lol

public event rewards are only given once a day for your first gold-tier event. so that must have been their first gold tier of the day.

The once daily reward is mailed to you, it doesn't show up at the end of an event.

There is some possibility that any successful event will drop 1-2 shards/energy (can be one of both also) in addition to the once-daily mail reward. I believe the mail can also be a mote or strange coin, not sure about the event drops.

Skele7on

Banned
Waiting for reset need boots and gauntlets I already have 16 shards ready for raid gear...

Started leveling a hunter yesterday just using PVP

I am using basic bitch weapons and have a KD of 2.45

I love the fact that when I started going in to crucible I didn't even have double jump or my super.....

Either people are bad at destiny, or I'm really good....

The rewards seem to be random. Sometimes I get nothing from my first PE of the day.

I've had this happen if I'm playing the game during the reset-time (5am EST). It glitches out and doesn't count it as the new day's event, sort of like how the Nightfall bonus doesn't always properly reset if you are in an event during the weekly reset time. Not sure if that's the case for you though.

sounds about right, thanks for clarifying. so i guess plantedunicorn can go back to cursing the tv lol

Haha yes, that is the appropriate response!

I usually use magnetic, sometimes suppressor in PvE. Spike is horrible.

I second this. Magnetic for Defender, Lightning for Striker are my preferences.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom