• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT7| "In the Garden of Suros" by I. Ron Banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
Damn Atheon cheesers, won't knock on y'all tho. I ain't a beggar and I'm someone who starts all my Raids fresh and work through it - why wouldn't you? Loot and shards, plus running through the Raid should be easy now. If people in my group just want to cheese Atheon, fine by me. If people want to do it the old fashioned way, fine by me.

Menome

I don't understand some of the weapon upgrades in this game. Some of them seem pointless. For example my Ice Breaker has these in its first column (where the different sights would normally be):

Accurized Ballistics - "more range and impact, increased recoil"

Field Choke - "more range and impact, increased recoil" (exact same description...)

Linear Compensator - "More predictable recoil, slight boosts to range and impact, more recoil"

None of them make any difference at all that shows up in the weapon's stats... What's the point?

Field Choke has visibly reduced my recoil when firing through the scope. No idea if it's negatively affecting anything else. The other two seem to have no discernible difference.

Futaba

Anyone interested in doing the raid, (any difficulty) but not actually caring about the raid itself, or the drops - but instead in trying to actually figure out the as of yet undiscovered/unfound areas?

I'd do it solo but there's no way to get past (even trying to glitch through geometry) the templar, and the really juicy stuff seems to be between templar death and the last boss.

I want to underline that I have zero interest in the end boss or the drops, he's easy enough doing it properly with a group. My interest is purely on exploration because thus far every single time I try exploring the rest of the team i'm with end up complaining about wanting to run to the next chest or boss fight.

Frenden

Banned
I got to IB rank 3 this AM with no primary exotics using rare and legendary (after hitting rank 2) hand cannons while playing with randoms.

I earned the shit out of that tree armor and cloak.

Damn Atheon cheesers, won't knock on y'all tho. I ain't a beggar and I'm someone who starts all my Raids fresh and work through it - why wouldn't you? Loot and shards, plus running through the Raid should be easy now. If people want in my group just want to cheese Atheon, fine by me. If people want to do it the old fashioned way, fine by me.

All they want is the Mytho. The other loot is irrelevant.

micah

Anyone seen any weapons awarded for Iron Banner besides Timurs Lash or the random exotic? Wondering if I should even continue since I hit rep level 3...

doomquake

So I'm on a search for the highest fire rate Scout Rifle. I found this Uncommon one that lets me fire as fast as I can pull the trigger. I don't have the Vision of Confluence, but is the FR comparable, and is it the fastest in Destiny?

I was also thinking "what happens to the white and green items in the crucible?" maybe there is some gear that gets boosted and is better in the end compared to legandaries and etc.

Frenden

Banned
Me too :( but the amount of hours I've put in to try and get it has burned me out.

Maybe next IB event.

Gonna concentrate on getting my new Hunter to 20.

I hit rank 3 and turned the game off for an hour before even buying the gear from the tower vendor. I love pvp, but IB was a real slog. No points for losses and folks dropping was brutal.

I didn't get the ship, but I did get three Lashes.

I'm still beating down these Vex Mythoclast users in IB most of the time, head to head with my Suros. *shrugs*

Have to flex a bit cuz I've been doing pretty good in IB, I love racking up points by capturing control points as much as I can.

FDA43B0A-DDF0-407E-96DF-843439277431.png

So I'm on a search for the highest fire rate Scout Rifle. I found this Uncommon one that lets me fire as fast as I can pull the trigger. I don't have the Vision of Confluence, but is the FR comparable, and is it the fastest in Destiny?

If you want something just for the crucible, strangely enough one of the low level white scouts (somewhere under level 8 or so) fires extremely quickly without mods, I forget it's exact name as I scrapped it by mistake.

Bitmap Frogs

Mr. Community
Going to see if I can power level my new Exo Hunter to 20 later on today, I need to use mah Thorn! it's just sitting there whispering to me from the vault.

Edit: This thread is fast becoming an Atheon checkpoint begging thread :/
iGJox1LTxDcRZ.gif

They really need to fix the checkpoint sharing and the atheon exploit. They're probably afraid of player reaction tho...

Frenden

Banned
I'm still beating down these Vex Mythoclast users in IB most of the time, head to head with my Suros. *shrugs*

Have to flex a bit cuz I've been doing pretty good in IB, I love racking up points by capturing control points as much as I can.

I did fine too. It was folks leaving games that was the real opponent.

aww yiss, black garden daily legggggo

I always get a horrible sense of deja vu every time I see the new daily mission. Like I just did them the day before. Between dailies and the 'kill an enemy at the end of the mission' bounties, I must have done every mission 20+ times.

CLBridges

Joined a hard mode raid with people who wanted to 'cheese' Atheon. But, in order to get to the cheese, you have to be good enough to get through the oracles etc. lol. A few of the people were randoms who I didn't know and they kept making slick comments about me and another guy dying with the relic.

We then switched it up so they could try and guess what, even more death ensued lol. I left after that cause during the couple of hours trying to cheese the Vault, I realized there is no point. I'm wasting hours of my times in hope of something that's heavy on the RNG.

Oh well, guess I just need to take a few days break from Destiny, cause I can kinda feel the burnout at the moment. Still s great game though, I'm really ready for December DLC.

If you keep at the right distance, a Suros will beat a Mytho every time.

Could someone please spare 10 mins and help me finish this lvl 22 weekly boss? At thr checkpoint, just need 1 person. Psn ID: comeback_time

Marvel

could never
I hit rank 3 and turned the game off for an hour before even buying the gear from the tower vendor. I love pvp, but IB was a real slog. No points for losses and folks dropping was brutal.

I was given 4 Timmy's Lashes, I was not pleased lol.

You're right about the quitters, it was horrible.

I can say the only thing I loved about IB was Firebase Delphi continuously being recycled, with it I managed to do my Void dmg part of my bounty incredibly fast with a shotgun.

Nodnol

no its not weird. you are responding correctly to the psychological model of loot systems

Wahoo! I conform!

It'll look lovely with my new cloak.

I honestly want the shader more than I want to hit 30. I think I've transcended beyond the realms of normal.

Really do want to hit 30 though.

Shame I'll probably never complete it. :-( I don't have enough regular friends, and it seems so many groups ask for experience and have little time to carry someone. Even then, no one seems to want to just enjoy the experience anymore.

Frenden

Banned
I've largely avoided the raid because leveling to 30 means wearing the same armor as everyone else, so I can't judge your shader interest harshly.

Seriously, though, making everyone wear the same armor set to max level is dumb.

jetsetrez

What's this aetheon stuff everyone's talking about? Never tried the raid yet. I'm lvl 26.

Firebase Delphi 3 times in a row? Really?
Just did the same.

I've largely avoided the raid because leveling to 30 means wearing the same armor as everyone else, so I can't judge your shader interest harshly.

Seriously, though, making everyone wear the same armor set to max level is dumb.
wtf, really? How/why is this?

You don't get any ass shard or energy, sadly. Nothing.
Fuck all.

Thanks. What I assumed, but I had hopes.

I agree. I'm not the kind of person to get mad or frustrated with stuff but going into losing match after losing match made me hate the game. Took hours to get the final 3 wins I needed for rank three, then I didn't log in at all yesterday.

If you keep at the right distance, a Suros will beat a Mytho every time.

That right distance normally is somewhere away from a capture point you need to get though since everywhere useful has a ton of choke points that mandate distance. Course I am bad at this game.

Fuck, Black Garden for Heroic Story Today. Gotta watch the stupid end video to get my ass shards.

Edit: managed to skip it by logging out at the rewards screen.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom