• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT7| "In the Garden of Suros" by I. Ron Banner

Status
Not open for further replies.

Futaba

Actually now that I think about it, does anybody have a hard mode save where the maze is?

Thought being that if I joined your group, could I not loot the 2 chests for some free gear if I haven't already been there on hard mode?

Could you send me an invite to your raid just so I could try the above please if at all possible?
I dont have the save there, and i've no interest in loot

MrMuscle

I was seeing my Grimoire and under the Hunter card activity bonus it says I have over 1600 kills as a Hunter. I made a Hunter alt the first week and got him to level 3 before deleting.

How is this calculated? That number is impossible.

It seems that when a Guardian is close to you and does the killings it somehow counts as your kills as well. I remember seeing stuff popping up on my screen about kills as warlock and hunter when doing the loot cave as a titan.

I was seeing my Grimoire and under the Hunter card activity bonus it says I have over 1600 kills as a Hunter. I made a Hunter alt the first week and got him to level 3 before deleting.

How is this calculated? That number is impossible.

It counts kills from players nearby. I was already nearly rank 1 kills as Warlock before I even made one.

ocean

Banned
It seems that when a Guardian is close to you and does the killings it somehow counts as your kills as well. I remember seeing stuff popping up on my screen about kills as warlock and hunter when doing the loot cave as a titan.

It counts kills from players nearby. I was already nearly rank 1 kills as Warlock before I even made one.
Thanks, I figured that was a likely explanation.

I had no clue.

Midas

Exploit that should have been patched, by any means necessary, within 24h from its discovery by community. Bungie has really fucking dropped and lost whole ball with this one, not even funny anymore.

If they can't fix pathing then e.g. bring walls right next to "ramp" area from which boss gets knocked off. This way he can't walk off from area, won't die to few grenades and will rip pushers apart causing wipe.

And yes, I have cheesed him to death 3 times now with my Warlock. I want this to be fixed yesterday.

A silent patch would be the funniest. Just a simple if statement to check if he dies within a minute or so from spawning, and if that's the case; don't give any loot or just a mote of light. :)

Tovarisc

You don't even need the cheese to beat Atheon, he's the easiest fight on hard mode, we took him down in three portal runs.

Yeah, he is easy as hell as fight. Always been after your team got tactic down for smooth runs through out of phase.

Cheese is just so much faster to do [time saved for other grind :D] and allows low-level alts / characters to leech loot like Mythos. It's so sad that Bungie has not been able to respond to existence of this cheese and fix it.

A silent patch would be the funniest. Just a simple if statement to check if he dies within a minute or so from spawning, and if that's the case; don't give any loot or just a mote of light. :)

Being super stealthy and assholy about it wouldn't help Bungie at this point, backslash would be insane. There will be backslash already if they ever bother to fix this exploit, but more manageable one if they just come out and say "We know that there is AI pathing exploit with Atheon and you guys have been using it to your advantage. That time is now over, we have...."

GraveRobberX

Platinum Trophy: Learned to Shit While Upright Again.
Was looking for a fresh hard mode run on Destinylfg.net/com now that my hunter has hit 29. Not a single group, all are begging for checkpoint at Atheon, or looking for more to cheese him. Disgusting.

Bungie did it to themselves

The community will react to getting something rather than nothing
The Raid has no many bugs/glitches in it, that it would be hella' frustrating to put in that much time and if won, get shit rewards
I get RNG plays a factor, but not to these lengths and no fixes on the way for it at the moment
Getting a Speeder & Ascendant Materials x 3 for killing the boss on Hard and working your ass off, doesn't look like a decent reward for you to chase
I'm not saying hand everyone Mytho's or just hand hold players with loot galore, but there has to be a balance
Your telling me the last boss on hard drops the same amount of Ascendant Materials as a chest on normal raid
You should get a chunk of them, at least 15 to cover almost 1 legendary/exotic fully upgraded (Only last boss on Hard)
If you earn the Chatterwhite shader, if you have it equipped or in your inventory, game shouldn't be giving to you and removing something from the pool, FOR FUCK SAKES the Iron Banner emblem you buy @Rank 1 already does this and locks you from not to buying it again

Seriously if the Raid was decently enjoyable without getting screwed by the game fucking you up and you overcome it, then the rewards are those measly items that can be obtained more efficiently somewhere else, then people will look for a way to accomplish it the easiest way possible

Don't encourage people to be PvP cunts :< There is already enough corner fappers with their Fusion Rifles and Shotties.

Oh don't worry, I hate them so much as well. Why I never go in tight spaces or peruse people into though tight spaces. I know what they are waiting for. Same reason why I don't run around outside on first light or bastion.

Bitmap Frogs

Mr. Community
In order to fix the whole Atheon cheese they need to change both the way they handle checkpoints and Atheon itself.

Seeding checkpoints past the toughest parts is being exploited to hell and back to quickly milk the vault by using alts skipping the templar's confluxes and the gatekeepers.

Midas

Yeah, he is easy as hell as fight. Always been after your team got tactic down for smooth runs through out of phase.

Cheese is just so much faster to do [time saved for other grind :D] and allows low-level alts / characters to leech loot like Mythos. It's so sad that Bungie has not been able to respond to existence of this cheese and fix it.

Being super stealthy and assholy about it wouldn't help Bungie at this point, backslash would be insane. There will be backslash already if they ever bother to fix this exploit, but more manageable one if they just come out and say "We know that there is AI pathing exploit with Atheon and you guys have been using it to your advantage. That time is now over, we have...."

You're probably right. But it would've been funny. :) It will probably be patched tomorrow or next week. Can't see how they'll let it go for another week.

How is Hard Light? Just got it from Iron Banner, felt good as I was #1 that round.

I don't like it. It looks and sounds really cool but it just bounces around too much and empties it's ammo too fast. Even with all the stability you can give it I found it hard to keep it on people's heads. I just feel better with the Suros.

http://www.bungie.net/en/Clan/Playstation/508393 setting it up for raids we will only be raiding on friday nights and saturday nights because you know.. life.

Join if you want.

Also why the fuck cant we access clan members in the roster.. damn it bungie stop fucking up.

Sorry for quoting myself but thought i would add if people join make sure you click on the "set as clan" or else you just join as a group member.. because you know.. bungie o.0

In order to fix the whole Atheon cheese they need to change both the way they handle checkpoints and Atheon itself.

Seeding checkpoints past the toughest parts is being exploited to hell and back to quickly milk the vault by using alts skipping the templar's confluxes and the gatekeepers.

They should make it so that you only get the Atheon checkpoint if you passed the previous checkpoint/gatekeepers.
so if I do the Raid on Normal then do it on Hard the same week, I will not get any rewards or drops from Atheon on Hard mode?

You will, but only from boss drops. You get double loot if you just do hard.

Bungie did it to themselves

The community will react to getting something rather than nothing
The Raid has no many bugs/glitches in it, that it would be hella' frustrating to put in that much time and if won, get shit rewards
I get RNG plays a factor, but not to these lengths and no fixes on the way for it at the moment
Getting a Speeder & Ascendant Materials x 3 for killing the boss on Hard and working your ass off, doesn't look like a decent reward for you to chase
I'm not saying hand everyone Mytho's or just hand hold players with loot galore, but there has to be a balance
Your telling me the last boss on hard drops the same amount of Ascendant Materials as a chest on normal raid
You should get a chunk of them, at least 15 to cover almost 1 legendary/exotic fully upgraded (Only last boss on Hard)
If you earn the Chatterwhite shader, if you have it equipped or in your inventory, game shouldn't be giving to you and removing something from the pool, FOR FUCK SAKES the Iron Banner emblem you buy @Rank 1 already does this and locks you from not to buying it again

Seriously if the Raid was decently enjoyable without getting screwed by the game fucking you up and you overcome it, then the rewards are those measly items that can be obtained more efficiently somewhere else, then people will look for a way to accomplish it the easiest way possible

The problem is you have a large player population that has never played an MMO, and have certainly never raided. It's a time commitment and it takes skill. It would take more so if you couldn't hard core exploit two of the bosses (Templar/Atheon) but yea. Another problem is unlike most MMO's the loot set from the hard raid is identical besides atheon's loot and an arc burn hand cannon. That's rediculous, the hard raid should have a different loot set. But people would be furious if for some reason they paid for a game and couldn't have everything right? I mean they are entitled to it right?

Tovarisc

Bungie would punish legit raiders way too harshly if they changed how checkpoints go in VoG. In Hard you can't revive your teammates so if you got wipe, but checkpoint was located far back in some early section it would be insane punishment for not being flawless at first try.

Easiest fix would be, requiring somewhat big patch tho, to wall off ramp from both sides. Wall is already hugging right side of ramp hence you can't push Atheon off from there. Left side needs same treatment. This way even if he was to walk backwards he would just walk to a wall.

Then he would proceed to rip Team Push apart like shredders rips paper.

*Splinter

the reason i dislike rusted lands is because the entire area between B and C is so fucking awkward. the hard routes to B from C are ridiculously easy to defend with shotguns. then there are people way on top of the bricks throwing grenades or some dumb shit and you're on the ground with nothing to jump on or hide behind. and that heavy ammo spawns in a weird corner that nobody can see. it also has the same problem many destiny maps have in that there's no real point of contention. everyone just kinda runs around.

i just think it plays very inconsistently. the lines of sight are generally good but the geometry doesn't match up.
this is the exact reason I kinda like Blind Watch. As long as everyone in the lobby understands the imbalance, it turns into a fairly intense fight for the superior side, with most of the action around B but with options to flank straight to the A flag. My criticism would be that it can be too focused, with all of the action happening in one corridor stalemate outside B.

Bitmap Frogs

Mr. Community
Bungie would punish legit raiders way too harshly if they changed how checkpoints go in VoG. In Hard you can't revive your teammates so if you got wipe, but checkpoint was located far back in some early section it would be insane punishment for not being flawless at first try.

Easiest fix would be, requiring somewhat big patch tho, to wall off ramp from both sides. Wall is already hugging right side of ramp hence you can't push Atheon off from there. Left side needs same treatment. This way even if he was to walk backwards he would just walk to a wall.

I was thinking mostly how you can invite anyone and he's gonna get the checkpoint. That way you can set up your alts for oracles+templar and then Atheon.

ocean

Banned
Speaker Class Items are very slow to discard. Like twice as slow as regular items, for good reason. I feel all Legendaries should discard at this rate so you don't accidentaly rid yourself of a purple after doing a mass inventory cleaning (like any time you farm mats for over 20 minutes)

Tovarisc

I was thinking mostly how you can invite anyone and he's gonna get the checkpoint. That way you can set up your alts for oracles+templar and then Atheon.

Ah, my bad. In that regard figadapaura had solid idea, characters needs to get all checkpoint flagged so Gatekeeper / Atheon checkpoint can trigger.

So simple idea, but so effective.

Daemul

They should make it so that you only get the Atheon checkpoint if you passed the previous checkpoint/gatekeepers.

This is how I originally thought that the raid checkpoints worked, that you only get a checkpoint save if you've done previous parts of the raid, whether with your current team or any other. It wasn't until a couple of weeks ago when I discovered this wasn't the case.

Speaker Class Items are very slow to discard. Like twice as slow as regular items, for good reason. I feel all Legendaries should discard at this rate so you don't accidentaly rid yourself of a purple after doing a mass inventory cleaning (like any time you farm mats for over 20 minutes)
I think all legendaries and exotics do discard slowly.

*Splinter

I think the way raid checkpoints are handled is fine. It would be better if each section was progressively harder (giving less incentive to skip the 'hard bits') but that is hard to guarantee as new tactics and cheeses are discovered.
Most of the suggestions here would be too convoluted and end up getting in the way of "friends playing together", which should be a more important factor than "entitled people whinging about loot" or "ridiculous people whinging about other people's loot".

Skipping checkpoints doesn't matter anyway, you are rewarded at every point so skipping a section means you are skipping a loot, a perfectly fitting trade off.

vakarian32

Store bought Grim Citizen or Vanquisher? I'm just about capped crucible marks on my alt Titan from playing IB and his factions aren't very far along so I should probably a choice now.

I bought the Vanquisher a few days ago and I love it. What sold me on it was the upgrades, it has insane stability (highest of all the high impact AR's) plus it has bonus damage from the bottom half of magazine and faster reloads after a kill.

GraveRobberX

Platinum Trophy: Learned to Shit While Upright Again.
Are you fucking kidding me...

Get New Monarchy to Rank 3, get rewarded with a Ascendant Energy + Strange Coin as reward
Did Vanguard and FWC to Rank 3 each gave me a weapon...

Let's see what Dead Orbit has to offer, last will be Crucible Faction

Tovarisc

Skipping checkpoints doesn't matter anyway, you are rewarded at every point so skipping a section means you are skipping a loot, a perfectly fitting trade off.

Fun factoid: Most people doing Hard only care about Vex Mythoclast and Raid Helmet => Atheon is only boss who can give them to you => Skipping to him doesn't lose you any loot, it just saves fuckton of time and gives basically free loot that you want anyways.

Or you could just have a OHK AOE if you get within a certain range of the boss.

Marvel

could never
Fun factoid: Most people doing Hard only care about Vex Mythoclast and Raid Helmet => Atheon is only boss who can give them to you => Skipping to him doesn't lose you any loot, it just saves fuckton of time and gives basically free loot that you want anyways.
Just realized, I bumped into you in IB a day or two ago.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom