• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT7| "In the Garden of Suros" by I. Ron Banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
I just figured out an amazing way to complete bounties with no effort and to mindlessly farm like there's no tomorrow.

It's called little bros :D

Got my 10 year old brother doing my bounties and farming for me!

I just... wow...
I did hard mode last night with a random clan and they finished atheon and the gatekeepers in 30 minutes...
I don't even know what happened during gatekeeper but they opened both portals at once and had one person in each gate solo the gate. Relics popped out, we won.

what the hell.

They mentioned spamming Gjallarhorn in the right gate and strafing in and out of it but I cant make heads or tails of what happened left gate.

Maledict

Nah, they could patch all the cheese spots and the community would just find more within a week. The problem is with the "loot based community" rather than the game itself.

Ultimately you could just stop worrying about how other people play. Cheese if you want, play 'legit' if you prefer, it's all PvE so it doesn't directly affect you. You might see the occasional Mythoclast in pvp, but apart from that 0.01% of players with that gun it doesn't matter how they got their gear.

The problem is it does impact on me playing PvE because people are naturally going to want to do it the cheese method because it's risk free. See above for someone complaining that it's not possible to find groups for Vault of Glass hard mode now as everyone just wants to exploit it.

It's not fun crouching under a ledge shooting a boss in the ankles for 15 minutes to beat a fight. I honestly don't think these exploits were intended - it doesn't make sense from a games design point of view to build your content in that way. I just think they are stuck and don't know whether they should fix it or not.

It's possible they want to do an overhaul of the strikes full stop, and have decided to leave the cheese in until they review the strikes and make them more interesting / balanced encounters, but if that's the case they really should say something.

Ken

I just figured out an amazing way to complete bounties with no effort and to mindlessly farm like there's no tomorrow.

It's called little bros :D

Got my 10 year old brother doing my bounties and farming for me!

wait till he discards all your legendaries and exotics because blue is a cooler color

Sounds like the problem with all loot based games: if you only play for the loot, then what do you do once you inevitably get it?

Extremely tired post, maybe almost unreadable, continue at your own risk.

That's why games like Diablo and Path of Exile are so successful. Not only do you have a much more robust skill tree, especially POE, but the gear simply compliments your build, so the end game becomes experimenting with different builds and weapon setups. Path of exile is especially good at this because they have seasons, where you start over every few months but they introduce new abilities and gear which increases the combinations exponentially. Why Destiny didn't go with a more randomized loot system is beyond me. It would be cool to get a Suros that is different than a friends, for instance, a certain key aspect may remain the same (like ads slow and buff damage), but let's say his reloads quickly on being empty and maybe mine makes enemies take damage over time on headshots etc. That way I'll keep looking for a version of the suros that has perks that compliment my build. They over simplified the loot system for balancing purposes, and that kills the replayability of a game that is really about loot. Could of done with a more robust skill tree as well.

*Splinter

I just... wow...
I did hard mode last night with a random clan and they finished atheon and the gatekeepers in 30 minutes...
I don't even know what happened during gatekeeper but they opened both portals at once and had one person in each gate solo the gate. Relics popped out, we won.

what the hell.

They mentioned spamming Gjallarhorn in the right gate and strafing in and out of it but I cant make heads or tails of what happened left gate.
I think that method is underrated, as long as you have 2 guys capable of soloing the portals it can be very quick

Nothing official, but according all datamining only event we are yet to see is 3Vs3 PvP event called "Trials of Osiris".

1. Queen's Bounty [orwhatwasherface]

2. Iron Banner

3. Trials of Osiris

I'm worried that we're just going to repeat the events that we've seen, and maybe this Trial of Osiris thing, until the first expansion. While it wouldn't be the end of the world, farming a single raid and these groups of maps and strikes are only going to last people so long. I think there will be a significant drop in player base before December if Bungie doesn't have more cool stuff planned out.

I just... wow...

what the hell.

Shit. They have to be some beast lvl30s to solo those gates.

*Splinter

Eh, Queens wrath got me Legendaries that allowed me to finally experience the raid, so I'm grateful for that.
Oh I agree it was good for something's, I meant in terms of feeling powerful... I was level 29 being killed by dregs 5 levels below me because I ignored them (I should be able to ignore them)

I'm worried that we're just going to repeat the events that we've seen, and maybe this Trial of Osiris thing, until the first expansion. While it wouldn't be the end of the world, farming a single raid and these groups of maps and strikes are only going to last people so long. I think there will be a significant drop in player base before December if Bungie doesn't have more cool stuff planned out.

It may just be a conspiracy theory, but I'm convinced the lack of content has something to do with Call of Duty, making it have a successful launch and then synchronizing DLC drops between the two games.

I agree. I feel that as soon as i hit 30. (Should be very soon) i wont be playing much Destiny. I detest PvP but i can see those who enjoy it spending time on it. The "events" are nothing "new" to keep my interest. And then there are the big Nov. releases to pull players away as well.

Shit. They have to be some beast lvl30s to solo those gates.

One of the guys going into the first gate just puts a rocket and a few snipe shots on the Gatekeeper then immediately leaves and heads to the second gate, while the remaining guy in gate 1 finishes off the gatekeeper, grabs the relic and GTFOs.

ocean

Banned
The problem is it does impact on me playing PvE because people are naturally going to want to do it the cheese method because it's risk free. See above for someone complaining that it's not possible to find groups for Vault of Glass hard mode now as everyone just wants to exploit it.

It's not fun crouching under a ledge shooting a boss in the ankles for 15 minutes to beat a fight. I honestly don't think these exploits were intended - it doesn't make sense from a games design point of view to build your content in that way. I just think they are stuck and don't know whether they should fix it or not.

It's possible they want to do an overhaul of the strikes full stop, and have decided to leave the cheese in until they review the strikes and make them more interesting / balanced encounters, but if that's the case they really should say something.

I'm sure you're not the only one who wants to do it that way. I'm sure you can find folks here on GAF doing things the way you feel they should be done. That said, don't tell people how to play, man. I think whatever you can use to get through single-player or coop content is OK.

It's like saying "Don't snipe that from so far, they can't shoot you until you're closer! This area was designed for you to be shot at, get closer", and I just don't see how it's an issue. Have people play how they wanna play. I think coming up with these strategies speaks volume about the community's dedication to figure out creative, intelligent strategies to enemy encounters. Call them cheese but they're usually the smartest paths to victory. I suppose you could say that it's only smart to come up with a "cheese" strategy and not to merely follow Youtube instructions, but still. Live and let live :)

Vex Mythoclast on PvP, on the other hand: that just grinds my gears.

hydruxo

It may just be a conspiracy theory, but I'm convinced the lack of content has something to do with Call of Duty, making it have a successful launch and then synchronizing DLC drops between the two games.

I wouldn't doubt that honestly. Seems like something Activision would do.

I just... wow...

what the hell.

The strategy we use sounds like theirs. The strat is to send two people in to drop the mars gatekeeper to within a few hits of death, they come out and one helps defend the gate. The other then goes to solo venus, when he finished the gatekeeper and heads to grab the relic the other guy goes into mars kills the keeper and grabs his as well. Synchronizing the gatekeepers deaths on hard makes it so much simpler. The problem is many level 29's in the hard raids on lfg etc simply haven't bothered upgrading their weapons properly and so can't handle the adds properly.

One of the guys going into the first gate just puts a rocket and a few snipe shots on the Gatekeeper then immediately leaves and heads to the second gate, while the remaining guy in gate 1 finishes off the gatekeeper, grabs the relic and GTFOs.

Oh really!? Crap... is there a video of this method anywhere?! Sounds pretty smart.

Left gate is SUPER easy to take down.

I think you're thinking right gate, mars or left side gatekeeper has like 4 times the health of right gate. Although right gate has hobgoblins that spawn continously the longer you take. That or we're probably just starting from different reference points.

Yaari

I don't like it. It looks and sounds really cool but it just bounces around too much and empties it's ammo too fast. Even with all the stability you can give it I found it hard to keep it on people's heads. I just feel better with the Suros.

Yeah its a shitty gun. The recoil is insane.

Guess I'll level it and use it for crappy lower level areas. I'm fairly happy with it as it is the first gun Exotic that I got through Crucible.

It has fun perks aswell, but its just unstable. And when I actually get it stable, its range will probably still be bad.

Oh well, happy to finally get something "good" from Crucible atleast.

Maledict

I'm sure you're not the only one who wants to do it that way. I'm sure you can find folks here on GAF doing things the way you feel they should be done. That said, don't tell people how to play, man. I think whatever you can use to get through single-player or coop content is OK.

It's like saying "Don't snipe that from so far, they can't shoot you until you're closer! This area was designed for you to be shot at, get closer", and I just don't see how it's an issue. Have people play how they wanna play. I think coming up with these strategies speaks volume about the community's dedication to figure out creative, intelligent strategies to enemy encounters. Call them cheese but they're usually the smartest paths to victory. I suppose you could say that it's only smart to come up with a "cheese" strategy and not to merely follow Youtube instructions, but still. Live and let live :)

Vex Mythoclast on PvP, on the other hand: that just grinds my gears.

Sorry, I'll have to disagree here. There's people in existence who will find fun in *anything* - doesn't mean the game should aim to have those methods in. I don't think these strategies are clever or intelligent - everyone is basically exploiting a flaw in the geometry and fight AI to completely remove the risk of death and get a free kill on the boss. Let's not pretend these strategies are smart - people aren't using clever techniques that rely on skill or good play, people are finding holes on the fight design and exploiting them. Same as happens in every MMO since time began, only for some reason Bungie aren't addressing the issue.

Given that on other fights they have coded the AI to react different (e.g. winters run, the Kell will move to the right and hide if you try shooting him from the doorway), it would be incredibly weird if these exploits were intended - and contrary to any basic game design tenants.

If the aim is that exploits are cool and they aren't fussed about it then that's fine, and at least then I'll stop playing but I really wish they would address this massive,massive issue at the heart of their end game content.

*Splinter

If the aim is that exploits are cool and they aren't fussed about it then that's fine, and at least then I'll stop playing but I really wish they would address this massive,massive issue at the heart of their end game content.
"Other people are playing in a way I disapprove of" is not a massive issue.

Agree with everything ocean said in his posts, play however you want.

realcZk

I've never been lucky enough to try one, but for anyone who has - is the Vex Mythoclast your #1 choice for PvE? I know its pretty nuts in PvP but I haven't heard the opinion of anyone who has it maxed out and uses for PvE. I'm currently in love with hand cannons for PvE.

Tovarisc

Thought of the day, would this work?

1. Get checkpoint to Normal Atheon

2. Leave raid and create own

3. Go and kill Atheon without anyone dying

4. Get "Clear raid without dying" -trophy

After all you get "Raider" and "Epic Raider" trophies from killing him, even if you didn't clear any other events from the VoG before him.

Spent Saturday and Sunday making a Warlock. Got her to 22 . Hoping to have her up to 25 this evening so I can solo the Nightfall.

But considering I was rewarded five fucking strange coins for soloing it on my main, I'm not sure if my heart is ready for disappointment of that degree again.

*Splinter

After all you get "Raider" and "Epic Raider" trophies from killing him, even if you didn't clear any other events from the VoG before him.
I think you spawn in to a raid already dead, which would stop that. Don't know for sure though

Deku Tree

So you can only collect 200 hydronic essence at once on your inventory from destroying armor. But you can put it in the vault and take it out again and then hold a lot more. I have 500+ hadronic essence in my inventory... Wonder if it caps at 999? The only problem is if I destroy some more armor I don't think it adds to my total anymore.

The thing with the raid exploit right now is that it takes away all the prestige of actually beating the hardest end-game content available. It's no feat to have beaten the raid if you'll see everyone around you running around with the same accomplishment. I agree that everyone should be able to play the game there own way, but if Bungie lets people just cheese all the hardest aspects of the game, they might as well just enable us to press a button for this weeks loot via the companion app. I can't possibly imagine this is how Bungie intended us to play. And that's why I find it so utterly confusing that they're not addressing the problem.

patchday

After our epic Friday night raid session on normal where we eventually cleared the place after 4 hours, it's really depressing to hear how exploitable the place is and how slow Bungie are being to address the issue. Other online games would have patched this stuff out so fast it isn't true.

Similarly, I don't understand why they are leaving the exploits in nightfalls and the weekly heroics up. Everyone knows how to break the fight within the first 30 minutes of the reset on the Tuesday, and yet Bungie doesn't do anything about it. As hard as it would make that content, it's better than everyone hiding behind crates / under ledges etc. Etc. To cheese the final boss.

Again, it's as if they have made an online game in total isolation from every other online game ever made. Some of this stuff is really simple and obvious, and has been 'fixed' by other companies years ago. Bungie won't even comment on the fact that every single bit of high end content is now cheese able.

You are aware this in a Console game? Only server-side patches are free to console devs (hence why loot cave was an easy patch).

But fixing Bot AI (like bosses) is a client side adjustment. This means getting certified by Microsoft, Sony, etc. Console devs just cant be as responsive to fix things like full fledged PC MMOs like you might be accustomed to

Not to mention the expensives of releasing patches

rdrr gnr

If a single person joins, they spawn in dead. I don't know what happens if someone uses the other checkpoint, however.

So you can only collect 200 hydronic essence at once on your inventory from destroying armor. But you can put it in the vault and take it out again and then hold a lot more. I have 500+ hadronic essence in my inventory... Wonder if it caps at 999? The only problem is if I destroy some more armor I don't think it adds to my total anymore.

Sure about that? I've stacked 800+ plasteel plating (the Titan equivalent) in my inventory.

Lima

Nope that will not work.

Bungie was clever and didn't leave any room to cheat.

You have to complete the raid in one go without anyone dying. You can't go to Orbit at any point and if someone lags out you have to leave him behind and continue.

Maledict

"Other people are playing in a way I disapprove of" is not a massive issue.

Agree with everything ocean said in his posts, play however you want.

This has been said about every single exploit in every single online game since MMOs began. I cannot think of a time where this response wasn't incorrect, and the devs in some form or other addressed the issue and fixed it at some point. The concept of 'if people enjoy it don't touch it' is just not a philosophy that works long term for any game. Designers don't spend time and effort building fights only for someone to break them by hiding under a bridge, using engineering grenades to rebuild platforms or hiding under a ledge to break the AI and hide from any damage.

Re patches, my understanding was that patches on the new consoles were free. It's possibly the fact that destiny is cross-gen is causing them problems and delays in the patching cycle.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom