• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT7| "In the Garden of Suros" by I. Ron Banner

Status
Not open for further replies.

Deku Tree

Somebody invited me in to try to cheese hard Atheon on Wednesday. Left early because had to go, got save. Last night got a crew together and cheesed Atheon Hard. One guy got the raid helmet. I think everyone else got shards and the raid ship.

Who thinks they will patch the cheese on Tiesday?

Bitmap Frogs

Mr. Community
I think the way raid checkpoints are handled is fine. It would be better if each section was progressively harder (giving less incentive to skip the 'hard bits') but that is hard to guarantee as new tactics and cheeses are discovered.
Most of the suggestions here would be too convoluted and end up getting in the way of "friends playing together", which should be a more important factor than "entitled people whinging about loot" or "ridiculous people whinging about other people's loot".

Skipping checkpoints doesn't matter anyway, you are rewarded at every point so skipping a section means you are skipping a loot, a perfectly fitting trade off.

You don't get rewarded for the Templar's conflux. Atheon's gatekeepers mostly reward shards which are largely becoming irrelevant.

I don't wanna sound harsh but it doesn't look like you know the raid all that well. For the record, I routinely exploit the checkpoints with a group of friends to milk the vault. My whine would actually hurt me but would make for a better game.

Maledict

After our epic Friday night raid session on normal where we eventually cleared the place after 4 hours, it's really depressing to hear how exploitable the place is and how slow Bungie are being to address the issue. Other online games would have patched this stuff out so fast it isn't true.

Similarly, I don't understand why they are leaving the exploits in nightfalls and the weekly heroics up. Everyone knows how to break the fight within the first 30 minutes of the reset on the Tuesday, and yet Bungie doesn't do anything about it. As hard as it would make that content, it's better than everyone hiding behind crates / under ledges etc. Etc. To cheese the final boss.

Again, it's as if they have made an online game in total isolation from every other online game ever made. Some of this stuff is really simple and obvious, and has been 'fixed' by other companies years ago. Bungie won't even comment on the fact that every single bit of high end content is now cheese able.

Daemul

Fun factoid: Most people doing Hard only care about Vex Mythoclast and Raid Helmet => Atheon is only boss who can give them to you => Skipping to him doesn't lose you any loot, it just saves fuckton of time and gives basically free loot that you want anyways.

Yep. I personally don't care about the Mythoclast, mine is rotting in the vault whilst I use my beloved Red Death, but it's the most sought weapon in the game, until the next OP Raid weapon of course. The only way to get it is from Atheon, so people just skip the rest of the Raid just to get a shot at getting it.

*Splinter

Fun factoid: Most people doing Hard only care about Vex Mythoclast and Raid Helmet => Atheon is only boss who can give them to you => Skipping to him doesn't lose you any loot, it just saves fuckton of time and gives basically free loot that you want anyways.
Yeah, I meant to say that Atheon needs to be the hardest part, since he gives the best rewards. Another solution would be to spread the rewards out (slightly) more evenly, but I understand wanting the 'best' drops to be at the end.

Also, just because that's the only part people care about, doesn't mean it's the only part they need. People are shortsighted, I see people complaining about getting energy over shards one week and then reversing to bitch about needing energy the next.

Daemul

I did know that, but I just did hard this week so I didn't know if it was a regular thing. :p

:p

Yeah, the chest is the only one which gives you something if you run the Raid on normal first and then hard, the rest can be ignored.

I'm not sure what happens if you do the hard mode raid first and get the double drops from the chest, it might not give you anything if you then do it on normal. I'll find out tomorrow.

ocean

Banned
I solo'd a Walker public event on Earth in like 30 seconds. Superman FoH, 8 Hezen Vengeance rockets (gotta love expanded ammo capacity), and like 2 Ice Breaker shots.

A few guys came in with their Sparrows and just looked around aimlessly, looking for a spider. I danced.

*Splinter

You don't get rewarded for the Templar's conflux. Atheon's gatekeepers mostly reward shards which are largely becoming irrelevant.

I don't wanna sound harsh but it doesn't look like you know the raid all that well. For the record, I routinely exploit the checkpoints with a group of friends to milk the vault. My whine would actually hurt me but would make for a better game.
My characters are 30, 29 and 26. I do normal at least 3 times a week and hard twice (3 times from next week). I still need large amounts of both shards and energy.

And I'm not even skipping checkpoints. I also do daily28 3x a day public events every day. Ascendant materials are the most valuable currency in this game. Mythoclast is overrated (but still good) because people believe everything they see on YouTube or read on Reddit, without pausing to think for themselves.

Sooo, with the Iron Banner ending today, do we know what the next batch of events is yet? I can't seem to find that info anywhere, so I'm assuming that it hasn't been revealed yet. I want a decently fun PvE event, not something like the Queen's Wrath that only appeals to the lower levelled players (after the hot fix that is...). Give us something that we can all do this time Bungie.

Zephyl

Ugh that sucks, cause I need either the chest piece or helm to hit level 30.

Bitmap Frogs

Mr. Community
My characters are 30, 29 and 26. I do normal at least 3 times a week and hard twice (3 times from next week). I still need large amounts of both shards and energy.

And I'm not even skipping checkpoints. I also do daily28 3x a day public events every day. Ascendant materials are the most valuable currency in this game. Mythoclast is overrated (but still good) because people believe everything they see on YouTube or read on Reddit, without pausing to think for themselves.

Ascendants are plentiful dude. Unless you're decking multiple characters with several sets of gear they're becoming irrelevant.

But alright, I slighted you.

Still I don't see why you wanna do the Templar confluxes since they don't award anything.

Ambitious

I understand why people would rather start directly at the Atheon checkpoint, but personally I wouldn't want to miss out on the loot chests.

*Splinter

Ascendants are plentiful dude. Unless you're decking multiple characters with several sets of gear they're becoming irrelevant.

But alright, I slighted you.

Still I don't see why you wanna do the Templar confluxes since they don't award anything.
Well yeah you could skip that part... it's the easiest part of the raid though so not sure why you'd bother.

there is a lot of shaders in the game, most of them are just locked behind DLC or something: http://db.destinytracker.com/character
I guess that's cool, but I really hope they aren't dlc. I hope they're part of an upcoming event or something
I solo'd a Walker public event on Earth in like 30 seconds. Superman FoH, 8 Hezen Vengeance rockets (gotta love expanded ammo capacity), and like 2 Ice Breaker shots.

A few guys came in with their Sparrows and just looked around aimlessly, looking for a spider. I danced.
It's actually become fun to see just how quick the Walker can be taken down. A group of 6 of us just destroyed it in about 15 seconds. All you could hear was icebreakers, haha.

Bitmap Frogs

Mr. Community
Well yeah you could skip that part... it's the easiest part of the raid though so not sure why you'd bother.

It's faster.

Why you'd wanna do a rewardless encounter three times instead of just one.

Actually, considering normal and hard, 2 times vs 6 times. Yikes.

Nodnol

I wonder what Bungie has planned next on the event calendar.

I really hope they have more up their sleeve.

They should start drip feeding content, even simple things like weapons, shaders, armor etc.

*Splinter

It's faster.

Why you'd wanna do a rewardless encounter three times instead of just one.

Actually, considering normal and hard, 2 times vs 6 times. Yikes.
Because I'd rather be playing a game than swapping characters around.

But that's just me I guess, I raid for fun sometimes.

Tovarisc

Sooo, with the Iron Banner ending today, do we know what the next batch of events is yet? I can't seem to find that info anywhere, so I'm assuming that it hasn't been revealed yet. I want a decently fun PvE event, not something like the Queen's Wrath that only appeals to the lower levelled players (after the hot fix that is...). Give us something that we can all do this time Bungie.

Nothing official, but according all datamining only event we are yet to see is 3Vs3 PvP event called "Trials of Osiris".

1. Queen's Bounty [orwhatwasherface]

2. Iron Banner

3. Trials of Osiris

ocean

Banned
It's actually become fun to see just how quick the Walker can be taken down. A group of 6 of us just destroyed it in about 15 seconds. All you could hear was icebreakers, haha.

This is silly but soloing that PE so quick;y was the first time in this game I've actually felt all my leveling and gearing up has made a difference. It's the only time I've felt significantly more powerful than when we started off.

TTG

Nothing official, but according all datamining only event we are yet to see is 3Vs3 PvP event called "Trials of Osiris".

1. Queen's Bounty [orwhatwasherface]

2. Iron Banner

3. Trials of Osiris

We need that Toy Story pic, this time the caption reads: Shotguns, shotguns everywhere. Smaller maps really do boil down to that in this game.

*Splinter

This is silly but soloing that PE so quick;y was the first time in this game I've actually felt all my leveling and gearing up has made a difference. It's the only time I've felt significantly more powerful than when we started off.
Yeah I wish I felt this more often. Queen's Wrath was the worst.

I wonder what Bungie has planned next on the event calendar.

I really hope they have more up their sleeve.

They should start drip feeding content, even simple things like weapons, shaders, armor etc.

This is imperative for the longevity of the game, but they don't seem of have any plans to do this. I have multiple theories as to why, most of them point to their publisher, but the point is they need to do something to add value because these events are mind numbingly bad. It would also serve them well to be a little more transparent about their future plans, people want to know what they are working on and what to expect in the coming future.

Call me a douchebag if you will, but I'm pissed that Xbone friends lists were down yesterday and I couldn't cheese Atheon with my second account. I just got the ship doing it the first time and the checkpoint didn't save for some reason so I couldn't try it with my second character with my friends.

The second I get home I will get on lfg and try to find someone to hook me up.

No, I will not run the entire hard raid for the only gun in the game that only drops when you defeat Atheon. There is only one other gun on my "want" list and its the Last Word and I dont' think I'd even use it, but I want it.

I'll say it for the thousandth time. Bungie screwed the pooch with their Exotics. Its been a month and I have every exotic that I want (except the Last Word) and two raid elemental primaries.

Make exotics readily available so that people who dump tons of time into the game (like me) can easily attain them... then you get to a point where you would rather spend hours trying to knock a guy off a ledge than try and run daily missions and strikes to try and get new guns... because you have all the guns already.

We need that Toy Story pic, this time the caption reads: Shotguns, shotguns everywhere. Smaller maps really do boil down to that in this game.
26b6de21ceadf5d8a1568dbcbb3848139c099d6ea28e003212803c52cc06313d.jpg

Is anyone interested in running Iron Banner?
I am trying to get the cloak for my hunter but only a quarter of the way to rank 2 =/

PSN: CometJP

jtar86

I have a check point at the last boss of the normal raid and need a sunbro or titan with 2 gernades to cheese him for me. Just send me a message on live and I will invite you. Gt is mast3rtarv1n.

hydruxo

After our epic Friday night raid session on normal where we eventually cleared the place after 4 hours, it's really depressing to hear how exploitable the place is and how slow Bungie are being to address the issue. Other online games would have patched this stuff out so fast it isn't true.

Similarly, I don't understand why they are leaving the exploits in nightfalls and the weekly heroics up. Everyone knows how to break the fight within the first 30 minutes of the reset on the Tuesday, and yet Bungie doesn't do anything about it. As hard as it would make that content, it's better than everyone hiding behind crates / under ledges etc. Etc. To cheese the final boss.

Again, it's as if they have made an online game in total isolation from every other online game ever made. Some of this stuff is really simple and obvious, and has been 'fixed' by other companies years ago. Bungie won't even comment on the fact that every single bit of high end content is now cheese able.

They won't comment on it because the strikes were designed to have places to cheese from. That area under the platform was put there for a reason.

*Splinter

Call me a douchebag if you will, but I'm pissed that Xbone friends lists were down yesterday and I couldn't cheese Atheon with my second account. I just got the ship doing it the first time and the checkpoint didn't save for some reason so I couldn't try it with my second character with my friends.

The second I get home I will get on lfg and try to find someone to hook me up.

No, I will not run the entire hard raid for the only gun in the game that only drops when you defeat Atheon. There is only one other gun on my "want" list and its the Last Word and I dont' think I'd even use it, but I want it.

I'll say it for the thousandth time. Bungie screwed the pooch with their Exotics. Its been a month and I have every exotic that I want (except the Last Word) and two raid elemental primaries.

Make exotics readily available so that people who dump tons of time into the game (like me) can easily attain them... then you get to a point where you would rather spend hours trying to knock a guy off a ledge than try and run daily missions and strikes to try and get new guns... because you have all the guns already.
Sounds like the problem with all loot based games: if you only play for the loot, then what do you do once you inevitably get it?

Mrgamer

Raided last night for the first time with some fellow gaffers.
had lots of fun and got around 12 ass shards and some energy shatterwhite shader and raid boots.
The light level in tye boots is 18,is this normal and will it cap at 30?

How can my Warlock fire consecutive nova bombs? I only get one when super charged... is it a piece of gear?

You can't.

You may have seen a video of someone doing it against Atheon. While fighting him, during "Time's Vengeance" everyone gets their Super's back immediately for 30 seconds.

Sounds like the problem with all loot based games: if you only play for the loot, then what do you do once you inevitably get it?

Stop playing.

We do it to ourselves. Sorry, I can't take a game slow and enjoy it. I have to treat it like a psycho and make 3 characters so I can run the daily/weekly/nightfall/raid 6 times a week.

Nodnol

This is imperative for the longevity of the game, but they don't seem of have any plans to do this. I have multiple theories as to why, most of them point to their publisher, but the point is they need to do something to add value because these events are mind numbingly bad. It would also serve them well to be a little more transparent about their future plans, people want to know what they are working on and what to expect in the coming future.

I know it's easy to fall back on the "Activision are evil" thing, but it's like a splinter; always there and nagging. I do wonder how much of Bungie's vision was butchered, irrespective of any in-house issues. That said, part of me hopes that Bungie at least had the integrity when signing any contracts to make sure they still had certain creative freedoms.

I mean, look at the crap that you can download for COD : Ghosts. If Bungie thinks they can release Destiny in the state it's in, and then charge people $.99/£.99 for a shader bundle or a new weapon, then all is lost and this game will forever be a "what if" moment in the industry.

I love the experience, I'm at around 100+ hours and haven't tired yet. I haven't put that much time into a game for a long long time.

Part of me feels though, that in events and content going forward, Bungie need to be almost apologetic in what they offer.

You know what they should do? The House of Wolves and The Dark Below content is already tied up to announced expansions, but what about the rest of the content we seem to have missed out on? A lot of the groundwork surely must be sitting on hard-drive somewhere (in layman's terms); polish it up and drip feed us new story missions.

I'm not even bothered about major plot moments or missions that shake up the narrative; just flesh things out a bit.

*Splinter

They won't comment on it because the strikes were designed to have places to cheese from. That area under the platform was put there for a reason.
Nah, they could patch all the cheese spots and the community would just find more within a week. The problem is with the "loot based community" rather than the game itself.

Ultimately you could just stop worrying about how other people play. Cheese if you want, play 'legit' if you prefer, it's all PvE so it doesn't directly affect you. You might see the occasional Mythoclast in pvp, but apart from that 0.01% of players with that gun it doesn't matter how they got their gear.

Raxus

I need a raid group for Tuesday evening for the hard mode raid on PS4. And experienced group would be nice. I have to do hard mode twice. Once on my titan and one on my hunter.

Shito

Lol this is true. I habitually reload when I get low. Might have to teach myself to let it hit zero though haha.
Yes, had this perk on a rare scout rifle, and I kept forgetting about NOT reloading.
All in all, wasn't too sad having to let it go when switching to a legendary, seeing how I never managed to adapt to it. ^^

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom