• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT7| "In the Garden of Suros" by I. Ron Banner

Status
Not open for further replies.

patchday

This has been said about every single exploit in every single online game since MMOs began. I cannot think of a time where this response wasn't incorrect, and the devs in some form or other addressed the issue and fixed it at some point. The concept of 'if people enjoy it don't touch it' is just not a philosophy that works long term for any game.

Re patches, my understanding was that patches on the new consoles were free. It's possibly the fact that destiny is cross-gen is causing them problems and delays in the patching cycle.

Where did you read that?

hydruxo

My maxed out Devil You Know is a beast in PvE. I've been using it a ton since I can't use Suros while my Ice Breaker is out. Headshots...headshots everywhere.

Nope that will not work.

Bungie was clever and didn't leave any room to cheat.

You have to complete the raid in one go without anyone dying. You can't go to Orbit at any point and if someone lags out you have to leave him behind and continue.

clever for a trophy, stupid on a lot of other much needed game mechanics..

The thing with the raid exploit right now is that it takes away all the prestige of actually beating the hardest end-game content available. It's no feat to have beaten the raid if you'll see everyone around you running around with the same accomplishment. I agree that everyone should be able to play the game there own way, but if Bungie lets people just cheese all the hardest aspects of the game, they might as well just enable us to press a button for this weeks loot via the companion app. I can't possibly imagine this is how Bungie intended us to play. And that's why I find it so utterly confusing that they're not addressing the problem.

I dont think this is how Bungie intended it... and I dont think its that simple to fix.

Changing Atheon's A.I. algorithms probably aren't as easy as it seams.

Tovarisc

Nope that will not work.

Bungie was clever and didn't leave any room to cheat.

You have to complete the raid in one go without anyone dying. You can't go to Orbit at any point and if someone lags out you have to leave him behind and continue.

Friend got kicked out of raid just as they killed Templar => Rejoined and they did clear to end => Got trophy for clearing raid without deaths.

This made me think this Atheon checkpoint thing if that loophole would work.

Fuck those guys:
Baboons-11.jpg

elk2.jpg

hydruxo

They're pretty much the same gun. LHF having slightly better Range.

It will come down to the random bonus items that each has.

DYK has a range upgrade too, so yeah, you can't really go wrong with either gun IMO. I can practically snipe with the damn thing in PvE lol.

I'm doing it in less than two hours if you're interested. Need to do some chores and unlock the last few skills for my Defender alt.

Sounds good! Send me a FR and invite me when ready. I will likely be working on my level 13 Hunter so I will just have to switch characters.

cjp

Did anyone else have their Daily bugged? The door won't open so I can't go any further. Guess I'm going to have to restart.

Annoying.

ocean

Banned
This has been said about every single exploit in every single online game since MMOs began. I cannot think of a time where this response wasn't incorrect, and the devs in some form or other addressed the issue and fixed it at some point. The concept of 'if people enjoy it don't touch it' is just not a philosophy that works long term for any game. Designers don't spend time and effort building fights only for someone to break them by hiding under a bridge, using engineering grenades to rebuild platforms or hiding under a ledge to break the AI and hide from any damage.

Re patches, my understanding was that patches on the new consoles were free. It's possibly the fact that destiny is cross-gen is causing them problems and delays in the patching cycle.
At this point I guess we can respectfully agree to disagree.

Just to be clear: I have no issue with Bungie patching these exploits out. I just feel like as long as they're in there, there's nothing wrong with choosing a safe spot to hide in if it's in the game. It's not like the game is being modded or hacked to be easier; existing AI is just being outsmarted with a clever understanding of map layout.

If I were a developer I's probably patch them out because they alter the game's intended difficulty and pace. I'd still be super proud of fostering a community creative enough to break encounters and AI that took years to build.

Bitmap Frogs

Mr. Community
The strategy we use sounds like theirs. The strat is to send two people in to drop the mars gatekeeper to within a few hits of death, they come out and one helps defend the gate. The other then goes to solo venus, when he finished the gatekeeper and heads to grab the relic the other guy goes into mars kills the keeper and grabs his as well. Synchronizing the gatekeepers deaths on hard makes it so much simpler. The problem is many level 29's in the hard raids on lfg etc simply haven't bothered upgrading their weapons properly and so can't handle the adds properly.

Strangely that never worked for my group although we spent a good time trying. Doing one gate first and then holding the conflux while doing the other was way easier for us. We also have a twist to the Atheon fight as well.

I think a good advice for raiders is to work things out a little, cookie cutter doesn't work for everybody.

Izayoi

Banned
Yeah, but also need some ascendant energies so thinking of scraping one. Which is better?
Stop that. At some point, you will have so much Energy that you don't know what to do with it, and you will deeply regret turning that exotic into it.

I'm sitting on over 100 energy right now. NEVER scrap non-duplicate legendaries and exotics.

Alright thanks. The LHF does have a better bonus, so I guess I'll just keep that.
Stooooop. What's wrong with you people?

ocean

Banned
If Atheon is patched, there's one thing they should add:

The Archon Priest's maniac laugh. It's creepy, scary and insane. He's my favorite boss in the game and it's 99% about that. You know you can't spell slaughter without laughter...

Deku Tree

I suck at crucible so bad. I beat Atheon but I can't get a K/D ratio that isn't negative... I have three exotic bounties in my inventory and I want to finish them but it seems impossible... except the Bad Juju one may be doable after a few hours... and they are taking up three precious bounty slots so it is even stopping me from doing bounties without going back and forth to the tower... ugh.

realcZk

So what is the consensus for the best weapons to use for the hard raid?

I'd be interested too, likely anything with +Oracle damage. As a level 29 in Hard VoG - last night I was using a fully upgraded TDYK (Vanguard Handcannon) and it'd usually take 2-4 shots to drop the templar's mobs in the crit area. Atheons Epilogue (fully upgraded) would take nearly a full clip but was better for oracles. When I went into the portals it was all grenades and rocket launchers with epilogue to drop shields and icebreaker for the gatekeepers. I could still one-shot hobgoblins and most mobs with the icebreaker.

Bitmap Frogs

Mr. Community
So what is the consensus for the best weapons to use for the hard raid?

Exotic wise, Suros, Ice Breaker, Pocket Infinity, Gjallahorn, all solid options. I also like a good scout rifle, typically I use the raid's rifle, to complement the Ice Breaker for long range engagements.

Stop that. At some point, you will have so much Energy that you don't know what to do with it, and you will deeply regret turning that exotic into it.

I'm sitting on over 100 energy right now. NEVER scrap non-duplicate legendaries and exotics.

Stooooop. What's wrong with you people?

how do you get so much shards and energy. I am always scraping to get some. so far public events, once a day give me one or 2 and saving marks to buy duplicate gear to break down. there has to be a better way.

N

Noray

Unconfirmed Member
I got Visions of Confluence, this seems well worth leveling up fully. What's the fastest way to level up a weapon?

ocean

Banned
I suck at crucible so bad. I beat Atheon but I can't get a K/D ratio that isn't negative... I have three exotic bounties in my inventory and I want to finish them but it seems impossible... except the Bad Juju one may be doable after a few hours... and they are taking up three precious bounty slots so it is even stopping me from doing bounties without going back and forth to the tower... ugh.
A negative K/D ratio would be conceptually interesting I guess. Not sure how they'd go about the scoring though.

I know you meant lower than 1 instead of negative, I'm just messing :p

commish

Jason Kidd murdered my dog in cold blood!
how do you get so much shards and energy. I am always scraping to get some. so far public events, once a day give me one or 2 and saving marks to buy duplicate gear to break down. there has to be a better way.

If anyone has a lot of shards or energy, almost always they also have 1 or 2 alts who are doing the dailies as well. Seems obvious but it makes a pretty big difference.

I got Visions of Confluence, this seems well worth leveling up fully. What's the fastest way to level up a weapon?

My weapon of choice and what I use 99% of the time nowadays. Fastest way is to just make sure that nothing else you have equipped needs XP (since it's shared) and run bounties. Legendaries level up fast.

After our epic Friday night raid session on normal where we eventually cleared the place after 4 hours, it's really depressing to hear how exploitable the place is and how slow Bungie are being to address the issue. Other online games would have patched this stuff out so fast it isn't true.

Similarly, I don't understand why they are leaving the exploits in nightfalls and the weekly heroics up. Everyone knows how to break the fight within the first 30 minutes of the reset on the Tuesday, and yet Bungie doesn't do anything about it. As hard as it would make that content, it's better than everyone hiding behind crates / under ledges etc. Etc. To cheese the final boss.

Again, it's as if they have made an online game in total isolation from every other online game ever made. Some of this stuff is really simple and obvious, and has been 'fixed' by other companies years ago. Bungie won't even comment on the fact that every single bit of high end content is now cheese able.

If for some reason they can't or don't want to patch the Atheon exploit then at the very least I'd expect them to add some kind of server side time check to allow for one or two extra loot rolls in the case of a legit attempt.

That said, I'm up for another raid attempt once the reset hits. Getting the timing of the whole team right was a lot of fun.

ocean

Banned
On your main, first Public Event of the day will give you ascendants. Then you do the hard Daily for 2 more.

Have 2 alts ready; even at low levels you can join Public Events and get ascendants for their first try as well. If you ever level them up you'll also get to do the Dailies with them as well.

After a while Vendors won't have anything better than your own gear so you'll start hoarding marks. Since they're capped at 200 you might as well spend them on Legendary gear to scrap. Leveling the Cryptarch also has good chances of giving you ascendants.

Last, the Raid. Expect many, many Shards/Energies.

They're hard to come by at first but eventually they start being abundant.

Maledict

If for some reason they can't or don't want to patch the Atheon exploit then at the very least I'd expect them to add some kind of server side time check to allow for one or two extra loot rolls in the case of a legit attempt.

That said, I'm up for another raid attempt once the reset hits. Getting the timing of the whole team right was a lot of fun.

Yeah, we should just agree a time and meet up then - maybe a bit earlier this time around so we aren't finishing at 2:30 in the morning... ;-)

Worst daily ever. All the fucking cutscenes, this was already a daily, so many other story missions, it is really annoying that they repeat so much while others haven't even been used yet.

Also, 4 days in a row getting energy from the daily.

Fuck this game. The loot is so poorly done, it should track the loot you receive and such to help keep it varied. I highly doubt it does that.

Also, beating Hard Raid = 3 energy.

Seriously, Bungie should be embarrassed.

On your main, first Public Event of the day will give you ascendants. Then you do the hard Daily for 2 more.

Have 2 alts ready; even at low levels you can join Public Events and get ascendants for their first try as well. If you ever level them up you'll also get to do the Dailies with them as well.

After a while Vendors won't have anything better than your own gear so you'll start hoarding marks. Since they're capped at 200 you might as well spend them on Legendary gear to scrap. Leveling the Cryptarch also has good chances of giving you ascendants.

Last, the Raid. Expect many, many Shards/Energies.

They're hard to come by at first but eventually they start being abundant.

If by ascendants you mean motes of light and strange coins along with energy and shards then yes, but if you mean energy and shards only, no. Daily first gold public event does not always give shards and energy.

jtar86

Trying one last time before I go to bed. I have a checkpoint on the normal raid at the last boss just need a sunbro to cheese him for me. Gt is mast3rtarv1n on the Xbox one

Worst daily ever. All the fucking cutscenes, this was already a daily, so many other story missions, it is really annoying that they repeat so much while others haven't even been used yet.

Also, 4 days in a row getting energy from the daily.

Fuck this game. The loot is so poorly done, it should track the loot you receive and such to help keep it varied. I highly doubt it does that.

Also, beating Hard Raid = 3 energy.

Seriously, Bungie should be embarrassed.

I got 2/3 of the way through and was then kicked to the title screen with error "zebra". No checkpoint. Haven't summoned the courage to try again - watching Blackadder instead, much less frustrating.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom