• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT7| "In the Garden of Suros" by I. Ron Banner

Status
Not open for further replies.

RedFury

Does anyone have a raid checkpoint they want to share? Had the worst gaming experience I've ever had last night. Had a guy calling everyone "fucking idiots", bossing everyone around, grabing the relics and running around and dying. He then found out one of the group is black...N this N that. Ignorant piece of scum, couldn't get rid of him fast enough.

ultron87

Finally got Bad Juju and it is super disappointing. It feels like it desperately need its last upgrade to be good at all because its tiny magazine size is balanced around it, but that will take forever to rank it up to. Also, the graphical effect of it glowing green looks really bad. I know they promised to bump it up, so I'll hang onto it, of course, but Ice Breaker will continue to be my exotic weapon of choice in the meantime.

RMI

Banned
Does anyone have a raid checkpoint they want to share? Had the worst gaming experience I've ever had last night. Had a guy calling everyone "fucking idiots", bossing everyone around, grabing the relics and running around and dying. He then found out one of the group is black...N this N that. Ignorant piece of scum, couldn't get rid of him fast enough.

is their a reporting function in this game or psn? that kind of behavior is disgusting. I'm lucky to have only had good experiences with random players so far.

Auto_aim1

MeisaMcCaffrey
I've noticed that equipping maxed out weapons increases your chances of getting shards. If you want energy then simply equip maxed out armor. The game tries to give what you don't have. Of course, RNGesus can still screw you up.

Megasoum

Banned
Are legendary and exotic weapons supposed to take longer to level up?

I got a shadow price and a pocket infinity last night and even after doing a couple of strikes I barely have 10-15% of the first level up.

Maledict

I've noticed that equipping maxed out weapons increases your chances of getting shards. If you want energy then simply equip maxed out armor. The game tries to give what you don't have. Of course, RNGesus can still screw you up.

This is almost certainly not true BTW - just RNG messing with you.

Daemul

I got a shadow price and a pocket infinity last night and even after doing a couple of strikes I barely have 10-15% of the first level up.

They take aaaaaaaaaaaaagggggggggggggggggggeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeessssssssssssssss

hydruxo

Yep. Do a bunch of bounties and they'll level up pretty quick.

Bounties.

Also, equip all maxed gear so that the XP all goes to that one weapon.

You can also buy weapon telemetry from Xur.

I've made similar observations. I don't recall getting any shards until I got my first piece of Legendary armour.

Maledict

Yes, legendaries take a lot more to level up and exotics take a HUGE amount of xp. It's worth equipping fully levelled items in your other slots when levelling an exotic as they take so much experience you don't want to be splitting the experience three ways.

I think I've seen somewhere it's 30,000 xp per upgrade for exotics beyond the first one.

Zakalwe

Banned
is their a reporting function in this game or psn? that kind of behavior is disgusting. I'm lucky to have only had good experiences with random players so far.

There is. You can report for inactivity, unfriendliness, etc...

You can also add positive rep, although I have no idea what that does. Anyone have any idea?

So I got ice breaker, and everything else is purple now.

I almost immediately lost all will to play the game. Which is weird because I put a ton of time in the game but now I have no motivation.

:/

Sullichin

So I got ice breaker, and everything else is purple now.

I almost immediately lost all will to play the game. Which is weird because I put a ton of time in the game but now I have no motivation.

:/

Ice Breaker reinvigorated PVE for me even though I'm happy with my setup. There's lots of exotics and legendaries to collect.

ocean

Banned
The Vault should be accesible straight from the Menu instead of being in the Tower. If I'm using my alt and want a weapon my main has, I have to:

Change into my main (load). Go to the Tower (load). Change weapons at the vault, then change character (load) and then go to the goddamn Tower again (load). This is an excessively convoluted process, and I only have 1 alt. I can't imagine what a mess it'll be once I create my Hunter.

EL CUCO

I had equipped maxed out Suros and got blessed with 10 energy shards on last night's Raid.

I honestly dont think the game recognizes any player needs. It's completely random.

Also, I got 2 pieces of Raid Gauntlets on the same run...

Zakalwe

Banned
I had equipped maxed out Suros and got blessed with 10 energy shards on last night's Raid.

I honestly dont think the game recognizes any player needs. It's completely random.

All this talk of pvp favouring less effort or the game assigning drops based on stuff you do goes against all my expriences. Seems entirely random to me.

E92 M3

Fun factoid: Most people doing Hard only care about Vex Mythoclast and Raid Helmet => Atheon is only boss who can give them to you => Skipping to him doesn't lose you any loot, it just saves fuckton of time and gives basically free loot that you want anyways.

I did all of hard raid (every boss/chest) for the achievement and raid gear actually. Ended up getting a chest piece that I needed along with a surprise Vex (which I didn't even care about getting). Of course, once I got it, I was elated.

PointBlank_V

Neo Member

Dem energy shards tho from Atheon.... Btw, I had a great time last night raiding with you guys, I think it really means something when you wipe and laugh your ass off in the process

EL CUCO

Dem energy shards tho from Atheon.... Btw, I had a great time last night raiding with you guys, I think it really means something when you wipe and laugh your ass off in the process

Lol Likewise! I think we all learned something new. I finally have an idea of what to do with the Relic >_>

Looking forward to doing it again after the reset.

geordiemp

GAF players with multiple characters....

If you put a fully levelled legendary gun in the vault

Switch characters

And then take out of the vault the gun

Will the gun still be levelled ?

FrankT

Hope there are some serious positive changes this week. 3-4 weeks of clearing raids and nothing but shards and one weapon, meh.

Borderline trade-in decision to be made this week.

Only logging in for raids and stuck at 29 no thanks. Too much to play otherwise soon.

Bunta

Fujiwara Tofu Shop
I can't stop until I have the raid gear!

I can't stop until the game finally gives me vex mythoclast. I'll still play though, lol.

Switch characters

Yes. The only annoying thing about sharing gear between characters is when you take it out each time the upgrade icon shows on all of your gear, even if it's maxed. Then you have to go to the upgrade screen on each item to get it to go away.

ERMint13

Switch characters

Yes but it will still show you available upgrades such as the scope changes you could make so it will have a + when you pull it back out of the vault.

Hope there are some serious positive changes this week. 3-4 weeks of clearing raids and nothing but shards and one weapon, meh.

Borderline trade-in decision to be made this week.

Only logging in for raids and stuck at 29 no thanks. Too much to play otherwise soon.

I'm still without raid armor. I've gotten two guns so far using two characters. One Shotgun and The Vision of Confluence. I really want some damn armor. I have over 70 shards waiting.

Zakalwe

Banned
Yes. The only annoying thing about sharing gear between players is when you take it out each time the upgrade icon shows on all of your gear, even if it's maxed. Then you have to go to the upgrade screen on each item to get it to go away.

Yep. This is incredibly annoying.

E92 M3

Man, whoever designed the Hunter raid chest needs to reevaluate what cool gear should look like. It has a random holographic ring in the center and a fanny pack lol. I'll probably equip it when I need to be 30 for specific events, but rather be 29 and have cool armor.

It's way too ugly to use.

Man, whoever designed the Hunter raid chest needs to reevaluate what cool gear should look like. It has a random holographic ring in the center and a fanny pack lol. I'll probably equip it when I need to be 30 for specific events, but rather be 29 and have cool armor.

It's way too ugly to use.

The game needs more unique gear. A lot of people look the same. :(

Raxus

I think you're thinking right gate, mars or left side gatekeeper has like 4 times the health of right gate. Although right gate has hobgoblins that spawn continously the longer you take. That or we're probably just starting from different reference points.
Different reference points. Left has more health but the outside threats are negligible with good positioning. Endless hobgoblin increases the chances of getting sniped outside the gate.

Got the 28 weekly boss just about dead. Need someone to join so I can swap to an alt. No mic atm so basically join, get to a safe spot, I leave and come back and then we kill him. Who wants in?

Add toasty_T PS4

E92 M3

The game needs more unique gear. A lot of people look the same. :(

Yes. Look how ugly this looks:

Prime_Zealot_Cuirass.jpg

Missing from the picture is the fanny pack.

SkylineRKR

I wear that shit too, and has shittier buffs than Raspberry. But hey, lets me equip exotic helmet for level 30 grind. Thanks bungie :)

I hate the public event bounty.

I did it in 5-6 minutes!

If you get the WARSAT in Archer's Line, Moon, leave a few seconds before you've finished it if there's someone else there, then zoom off to Anchor of Light, and you might run in to the tail end of another WARSAT. I've done this twice in a day.

HaRyu

Unconfirmed Member
I hate the public event bounty.

What? The one where you need to complete 3? That's not that hard. Just load up a Public Event website, check the timers, and just grind in the next closest available area to you (try and do other bounties while you're waiting)

Bunta

Fujiwara Tofu Shop
What? The one where you need to complete 3? That's not that hard. Just load up a Public Event website, check the timers, and just grind in the next closest available area to you (try and do other bounties while you're waiting)

Yes, it's bad when the events don't show up..it's not guaranteed. It can be quick, but it can also take awhile if you get unlucky.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom