• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT7| "In the Garden of Suros" by I. Ron Banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
Feel like bringing this up:

RMziHRk.jpg

Factions: Osiris and Seven Seraphs.

Think they'll be in the game, in the tower at a later date, or have been completely cut from the game?

It would make sense for Osiris to the the faction which your Trials of Osiris reputation goes to, and Seven Seraphs.... Seraphim Vault? idk

Dream Wanderer

Neo Member
You should get all your shards back from breaking down purples. I want to switch my armor pieces for those of equivalent or higher value, but it's just really hard to have the desire to do that given the time investment in obtaining shards.

In fact shards as a whole are the biggest downside to the endgame in Destiny. A depressing timesink that just has me sitting here waiting for DLC at this point. I'm sure as hell not farming for a full RAID set and why should I try to max out my current armor when I'll just have to hunt for shards again as soon as the DLC armor releases.

Feorax

I was starting to feel a little burned out too. 27 Warlock with no incentive to level up my non-raid purples and no time right now to get a group together to raid.

Amazing how starting my hunter has made the game feel fresh again.

E92 M3

You should get all your shards back from breaking down purples. I want to switch my armor pieces for those of equivalent or higher value, but it's just really hard to have the desire to do that given the time investment in obtaining shards.

In fact shards as a whole are the biggest downside to the endgame in Destiny. A depressing timesink that just has me sitting here waiting for DLC at this point. I'm sure as hell not farming for a full RAID set and why should I try to max out my current armor when I'll just have to hunt for shards again as soon as the DLC armor releases.

Yes, I talked about this a while ago. Bungie does not promote experimentation with so many limitations. If they could have at least give us half the shards back, it would've been okay. Giving back all would ruin the need to get more, getting half back is just enough to push people to upgrade looking. There are a lot of systems in this game that are not fully developed, unfortunately.

Yes but it will still show you available upgrades such as the scope changes you could make so it will have a + when you pull it back out of the vault.

This drives my OCD crazy. I can't understand the reason for this design choice. It's my gun, I know what's upgraded on it. Show me the plus when I level it up.

Think they'll be in the game, in the tower at a later date, or have been completely cut from the game?

It would make sense for Osiris to the the faction which your Trials of Osiris reputation goes to, and Seven Seraphs.... Seraphim Vault? idk

I think they'll be in eventually. Osiris is basically guaranteed whenever the Trials of Osiris starts. They'll probably treat it like they did Queen's and Iron Banner though.

Flo_Evans

I was starting to feel a little burned out too. 27 Warlock with no incentive to level up my non-raid purples and no time right now to get a group together to raid.

Amazing how starting my hunter has made the game feel fresh again.

I love my little hunter alt.

Got him up to 24, ran the weekly heroic solo (26) had to borrow daddy's icebreaker. I was so proud. He even got a legendary engram, turned out to be a stinking warlock bathrobe.

Looking to find 2 people to tackle the weekly strike, nightfall and daily tomorrow around 7pm EST since it will be RESET DAY! HOOORAY! Would love to finish all 3 tomorrow.

PS4
Cosmos_Man
Level 29 Titan

Looking for 29 and above to make it easiest.

Send me a FR and I will add you below for our set time.

I agree. I feel that as soon as i hit 30. (Should be very soon) i wont be playing much Destiny. I detest PvP but i can see those who enjoy it spending time on it. The "events" are nothing "new" to keep my interest. And then there are the big Nov. releases to pull players away as well.

Hell, there are big OCTOBER releases to pull players away if all Bungie plans to give us are short term rep grinds for minimal rewards and no hints or looks at what's to come. They should have planned to add a new strike around now or over the next few weeks with some serious incentive to farming it. Something small like the Baron's mount in UD Strat in WoW. Not a game breaking weapon or piece of armor, but something fancy and cosmetic. Destiny needs more of this.

MADGAME

It's starting to feel like completing bounties and collecting materials are becoming competitive. Every map I go to there are groups competing for the same resources, in the same spots enemies spawn to get complete the same bounties. Especially true in the areas of the next expected public event.

This asap. I was hoping a good chunk of it was in iron banner but nope.

Yeah, the higher level you get the narrower your customization options are. Being able to shade each piece of armour individually would be nice. I am playing my 14 Hunter and 11 Warlock (main is a 29 Titan) and I feel like I have better options for these lower level characters, which is silly since you should be getting more options for everything as you level up.

E92 M3

It's starting to feel like completing bounties and collecting materials are becoming competitive. Every map I go to there are groups competing for the same resources, in the same spots enemies spawn to get complete the same bounties. Especially true in the areas of the next expected public event.

Yes, running into people doing material runs can kill the flow if everyone is going in opposite directions.

Had a great game last night in Iron Banner. Shores of Time is my favorite map anyway, and we had the most interesting start on the rocky side. We charged B but we found no enemies there to challenge us for it. Then, off in the distance we could see 4 unique sniper lights behind the small rock beside the C point. All pointing at B. These were the most unaware Snipers I've ever seen.

I just jumped around the heavy weapon platform between B and C and came up beside them and wiped them all out. From there, we owned B and C and then this happened:

I didn't realize it was happening until about 2 minutes left. I started to question whether or not I had died yet, but I refused to let my brain try to process the question as I've done that before and jinxed myself. Whats awesome is at the end of the game you get a message on the bottom almost like you found an exotic. Something like: "Kor of Memory has remained Unbroken"

Of course, I went to go save the video clip, but I accidentally double clicked the share button and lost the video...

Still will make for some good memories, though.

edit: Sidebar. I just noticed the Strength of the wolf medal is the Iron Banner emblem.

Me and some guy on mars became a well oiled material farming team. We would point when we found a chest etc. We made quick work of that farm spot. its cool how that stuff can organically just happen.

*Splinter

I think Seven Seraphs is the Cryptarch's guild

Stop that. At some point, you will have so much Energy that you don't know what to do with it, and you will deeply regret turning that exotic into it.

I'm sitting on over 100 energy right now. NEVER scrap non-duplicate legendaries and exotics.

Stooooop. What's wrong with you people?

Not if you don't have alts, or time for alts like me.

how do you get so much shards and energy. I am always scraping to get some. so far public events, once a day give me one or 2 and saving marks to buy duplicate gear to break down. there has to be a better way.

I'd sure like to know this going by the way some people talk.

I got Visions of Confluence, this seems well worth leveling up fully. What's the fastest way to level up a weapon?

Do the daily bounties and make sure you have the weapon equiped when you turn them in.

If for some reason they can't or don't want to patch the Atheon exploit then at the very least I'd expect them to add some kind of server side time check to allow for one or two extra loot rolls in the case of a legit attempt.

That said, I'm up for another raid attempt once the reset hits. Getting the timing of the whole team right was a lot of fun.

Once the whole thing clicked and we were doing it with precision it was awesome. I'll always remember "Time Team, move back!". Though when we were dying over and over it was still a lot of fun. Thanks for the invitation to help you guys in the last 2 sections.

Zakalwe

Banned
I just need the vex and hawkmoon. I have all the other exotics I want.

I want quite a few legendaries still.

Do you have The Last Word? I don't know how anyone copes without this gun...

-

Also, I asked before but no one answered:

Does anyone know what the reputation system does? Currently you can report players for being unhelpful, inactive, etc... but you can also give positive rep. Do you think it makes any impact at all?

E92 M3

Me and some guy on mars became a well oiled material farming team. We would point when we found a chest etc. We made quick work of that farm spot. its cool how that stuff can organically just happen.

I had that happen on mars too. Was pretty cool actually.

I just need the vex and hawkmoon. I have all the other exotics I want.

I want quite a few legendaries still.

I just want Atheon's Epilogue and Last Word.

Looking to find 2 people to tackle the weekly strike, nightfall and daily tomorrow around 7pm EST since it will be RESET DAY! HOOORAY! Would love to finish all 3 tomorrow.

PS4
Cosmos_Man
Level 29 Titan

I have a 29 Hunter and I'll need to do that stuff tomorrow. PSN is PaulKersey.

Yeah, we should just agree a time and meet up then - maybe a bit earlier this time around so we aren't finishing at 2:30 in the morning... ;-)

That was part of the charm. Your final line of the night was priceless. Still, now that people know what to do it should be faster (and by people I mean the rest of you, I've only done the last 2 parts :p).

PS4
Cosmos_Man
Level 29 Titan

1. PaulKersey

Looking for 1 more!

E92 M3

Man, Cosmic Joke is looking like a really cool cloak; might actually buy it. Sucks I'd have to rotate between that and the wolf. What are your reviews on Cosmic Joke, guys?

Regarding all this Atheon cheese debate along with other cheese methods. Honestly when you have done the raid over a dozen times and strikes even more it is actually fun to do these exploits and keep things exciting.

Cheesing Atheon was just as fun as the normal method. It still requires coordination.

Everyone should do it properly first but cheesing is damn fun too.

YEAAAAAAAAH! I just won the Suros Regime from a Crucible match. Been kicking myself for missing this when Xur was selling. First time Crucible ever gave me anything so good and I play a ton.

Zakalwe

Banned
So sad I'm a level 24 and the only legendary item I own is my mark. I've been having really bad luck since launch day with the damn cryptarch.

How far have you got levelling your factions? You need to get your light level up to 27-28.

When you get into Ngithfall and the Raid you'll have much higher chances for legendary/exotic drops.

YEAAAAAAAAH! I just won the Suros Regime from a Crucible match. Been kicking myself for missing this when Xur was selling. First time Crucible ever gave me anything so good and I play a ton.

Welcome to pvp easy mode.

Ughhhhh

I have a dilemma. I'm one raid chest away from 30 and I have 23 shards.

Last night the raid helm dropped. Is it worth switching my exotic helm out and trying to level it? I think I might wait and see what the raid drops for me this week then if no chest spend shards on the helm.

Is that light generation that good? Does it also make orbs of light for you as well as others?

noomi

All I need is the gjallhorn and hardlight. I got everything else that I wanted.

Just finished up thorn and bad juju over the weekend... they are both supposed to get buffed right? pretty terribad right now :(

Also, going to need that gjallhorn. Thing is bad....ass.

Regarding all this Atheon cheese debate along with other cheese methods. Honestly when you have done the raid over a dozen times and strikes even more it is actually fun to do these exploits and keep things exciting.

Cheesing Atheon was just as fun as the normal method. It still requires coordination.

Everyone should do it properly first but cheesing is damn fun too.

Exactly this. We've run the raid multiple times and decided to try the "cheese" on hard mode.

I was surprised at how "not easy" it was. It was almost more difficult than grabbing the relic and using the shield bubble. Atheon is pretty unpredictable depending on where team members are hiding, who he sees first etc.

We did it... after almost an hour of "cheesing". No joke. Can i probably do it faster now... sure. Is it a guaranteed easy finish. Hell no.

Dave_6

This crucible part of the Thorn bounty is going to be the death of me. I finally crossed the 400 mark yesterday and I'm at 421/500. For every really good game I have I end up having three bad ones. Ugh.

Ughhhhh

I have a dilemma. I'm one raid chest away from 30 and I have 23 shards.

Last night the raid helm dropped. Is it worth switching my exotic helm out and trying to level it? I think I might wait and see what the raid drops for me this week then if no chest spend shards on the helm.

Is that light generation that good? Does it also make orbs of light for you as well as others?

You are eventually going to want the helmet maxed, so just equip it when you turn in bounties/get mail/complete daily heroic to level it up.

RedFury

Just finished up thorn and bad juju over the weekend... they are both supposed to get buffed right? pretty terribad right now :(

Also, going to need that gjallhorn. Thing is bad....ass.
Got gjallhorn from first chest in maze last night. Was the only good thing from last nights terrible raid.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom