• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT7| "In the Garden of Suros" by I. Ron Banner

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shito

Seven hours maintenance?
The heck.
Yeah, thank you Sony, not doing my daily activities on Destiny today thanks to you...

biaxident

10 am pacific, so it shouldn't start till 1pm EST so why cant I login or anything? This is pretty dumb if its already down for 7 hours, on a work holiday of all things.

Started a Warlock alt after playing Hunter all this time and it saddens me. I feel like every aspect of my new character is more powerful.

Does anyone else feel like Hunter gets the short end of the stick in this game?

Honestly I don't see why anyone would pick the class other than the way it looks. The range on my melee is absurd compared to my Hunter and sometimes in gives me extra shield. Super I can throw giant AOE balls around, and I can completely maneuver in the air when I jump. I don't feel like Hunters have anything sufficient to balance out the lack of such options. I've yet to try Titan but that seems like the exact same situation. Ridiculous AOE Super, Bubble shield, shoulder charge, etc. If I had a dollar for every time I Blink Striked a Titan in the face and only took half his health while he taps me once and I explode...

Ok, so Blade Dancer Super is pretty good, but I actually have to seek out targets and hope I don't get manhandled while I'm try to take targets out. As opposed to to simply pointing and decimating an area like the other classes.

I guess its supposed to be a ranged class? But exactly what does Hunter have that makes it a superior range fighter? The other classes are free to snipe.

I feel like the only true advantage is the extreme range of the Golden Gun Super and maybe the invisibility (use this a lot to do recon in Nightfalls).

I feel like Hunters were built to be the PvP class. They can be a beast there. But I do feel like they get the short end of the stick in PvE. I'm curious whether or not they did that on purpose.

*Splinter

Those bounty times are just not possible. If you post a video of you doing a story mission in 2 to 3 minutes, or a patrol in 2 minutes, I'll eat my hat :)
Yeah looks like he is only listing the loading times :p

If you press R1 at the mission end screen you can see how long it took you. 7 minutes is fast for most missions (plus the 2-3 minute downtime between each mission)

Shito

10 am pacific, so it shouldn't start till 1pm EST so why cant I login or anything? This is pretty dumb if its already down for 7 hours, on a work holiday of all things.
They did things well.
Work holiday for you guys, all of the evening for us europeans.
Seven hours for a "routine maintenance" is WAY too much downtime, Sony.

And I can't just login before leaving to work on the morning and let my PS4 on aaaall day long just so I can hope to play when coming back home.
Or rather, this is not something I want to be doing.

I kinda wish that Vex were the only enemies - just never get bored of shooting them. Hive and Fallen are pretty boring. Cabal are okay for half hour or so. Now Vex, they're just fun enemies. Don't know why - but I just love them.

I like them because I find them more disturbing than the other races. There's something about having absolutely no grasp what they're about that makes me feel that way.

As far as I can see, the Fallen are just a destroyed civilization trying to survive and perhaps rebuild. The Hive are parasites consuming and corrupting everything they touch, while worshipping some weird deity. The Cabal are military brutes, hellbent on conquest. All these are races that arrived in our solar system wreaking havok.

The Vex... they're in the past, future, present... we have no idea how or who created them... we don't even know if they originated in or out of our solar system... and they seem to have an organic part...

ocean

Banned
Hate to nag but I really want my Sunsinger to progress. Anyone care to help me clear the Daily for 2 ascendants? I'm level 26 so soloing would be hard. If you have an alt, I can help you afterwards with my 29 Titan!

a_javierp on PS4.

commish

Jason Kidd murdered my dog in cold blood!
They did things well.
Seven hours for a "routine maintenance" is WAY too much downtime, Sony.

Why not do it between the hours of 2 am and 9 am? Why have it run at such inconvenient times?

ethomaz

Banned
Those bounty times are just not possible. If you post a video of you doing a story mission in 2 to 3 minutes, or a patrol in 2 minutes, I'll eat my hat :)
I'm not counting loadtimes but the for example kill Draksis with Heroic mod... I start the speed run and I kill 4 enemies the whole mission (3 yellow guards when I got inside the cave and the Draksis)... I do think it is even less than 2 minutes :D

The Eye of a Gate Lord yesterday I did in less than 2 minutes I gues... again speed run and I just needed to snipe the 4 portals and the boss I killed with 2 rocket launchers.

And 6 patrols are really fast... I just get kill enemies, collect material or VIP.

Daemul

They did things well.
Seven hours for a "routine maintenance" is WAY too much downtime, Sony..

That's the part that kills me, a "routine" maintenance, somehow lasts 7 hours. WTF.

*Splinter

Yeah, this is pathetic in terms of service. You cannot take down the entirety of Europe's online play during primetime coverage.
Actually they can... They just did :(

Really starting to resent my psn subscription lately. Can't play without it, can't play with it... I should stop being so lazy and go back to pc gaming :p

hydruxo

I'm not counting loadtimes but the for example kill Draksis with Heroic mod... I start the speed run and I kill 4 enemies the whole mission (3 yellow guards when I got inside the cave and the Draksis)... I do think it is even less than 2 minutes :D

The Eye of a Gate Lord yesterday I did in less than 2 minutes I gues... again speed run and I just needed to snipe the 4 portals and the boss I killed with 2 rocket launchers.

And 6 patrols are really fast... I just get kill enemies, collect material or VIP.

Gate Lord mission takes like 5 min, I never even bother with the portals. I just run by all of them and straight to the final boss.

E92 M3

I like them because I find them more disturbing than the other races. There's something about having absolutely no grasp what they're about that makes me feel that way.

As far as I can see, the Fallen are just a destroyed civilization trying to survive and perhaps rebuild. The Hive are parasites consuming and corrupting everything they touch, while worshipping some weird deity. The Cabal are military brutes, hellbent on conquest. All these are races that arrived in our solar system wreaking havok.

The Vex... they're in the past, future, present... we have no idea how or who created them... we don't even know if they originated in or out of our solar system... and they seem to have an organic part...

Perfectly put. The enigmatic nature to their organization is definitely alluring. Not to mention the lore on the Vex is also the coolest. Hopefully, the next raid with the Hive opens up the story more.

kidko

I've kept it at the default setting which I think is 3. It's still hard to be precise, but it gets the job done for easier PvE stuff and the more I play on it the more I'm getting used to the sticks. Though I did try a little Crucible on it yesterday and got 3rd place on my team which I was pretty happy with.

Damn, that's great. Still have yet to try Crucible with it. Pretty sure I'd get destroyed, but you've inspired me. I'll try it. Spray and pray is the name of the game!

Lima

Apparently I wasn't logged in, even though I purposely left my PS4 on and logged in this morning, so I can't play Destiny at all until the maintenance is done. Thanks Sony!

I honestly miss having XBL. Almost never had to deal with it being down when I had a 360.

Lol friends has been down for 24 hours on live.

Yeah looks like he is only listing the loading times :p

If you press R1 at the mission end screen you can see how long it took you. 7 minutes is fast for most missions (plus the 2-3 minute downtime between each mission)
I was going to say lol. 6 patrols done quick is more like 15 minutes, speed running missions are more like 10 unless you luck out with a very quick one, Strikes are the same, and no way you do that fusion rifle one even using that exploit in 1-2minutes unless you're rolling with Pocket Infinity. All that is before you factor in load times.

Likely got full sorry. Looking for one more for the reset stuff tomorrow like nightfall and such at 7pm est.

Its all good I'm down for whatever but one thing I noticed playing with you that differs from every one else is the coordination it felt so organized lol but if you need one more im up nightfall or raid just send a message but 7 pm is perfect for me

ethomaz

Banned
Gate Lord mission takes like 5 min, I never even bother with the portals. I just run by all of them and straight to the final boss.
Ohhhhh I though you need to destroy the Portals to advance... I will try to do speed run again today with Heroic mod (that is what most Bounties needs).

commish

I was going to say lol. 6 patrols done quick is more like 15 minutes, speed running missions are more like 10 unless you luck out with a very quick one, Strikes are the same, and no way you do that fusion rifle one even using that exploit in 1-2minutes unless you're rolling with Pocket Infinity. All that is before you factor in load times.

Actually the fusion rifle one is the only one I believe. If you have the "we've awoken the hive" part saved on the moon quest, you can do it really fast. The patrol/story missions one are impossible to do that fast.

Ohhhhh I though you need to destroy the Portals to advance... I will try to do speed run again today with Heroic mod (that is what most Bounties needs).

On nearly every story mission, as long as there is a white arrow showing you where to go, you can skip nearly everything.

Shito

- 3 Public Events (this is not slow but you need schedule... I do every :15 or :45 on Earth... when it is :10 I enter in the Patrol in Earth and run to the place)
You can do the Skywatch one in between the walker ones. That way you can do the 3 of them in a little bit more than 30 minutes.

hydruxo

Lol friends has been down for 24 hours on live.

So basically the same shit PSN has been dealing with for the last two weeks in addition to invites and friend requests not showing up. Granted it's fixed pretty much now, but it's ridiculous.

Damn, that's great. Still have yet to try Crucible with it. Pretty sure I'd get destroyed, but you've inspired me. I'll try it. Spray and pray is the name of the game!

I'd say most of the games I've played I've been destroyed, but once in a while I'll be in the zone and I'll suddenly have great control of those tiny sticks. Fusion Rifles and Shotguns definitely help. Don't need to be real precise with headshots to get kills so those weapons are nice on the Vita.

ethomaz

Banned
The 2x Fusion Rifle I do with my checkpoint in the first moon mission where there is 20 easy enemies running over you (after you found the dead guardian)... after the first batch of 20 enemies I die and do again... you need only two or three times to fulfill the bounty... each shot is two or three enemies.

Nicko

Looking to run the lvl 26 heroic tonight for last chance at 6 strange coins. I'm a lvl 25 Titan (2 light from lvl 26).

I'm looking to run it sometime between 6-8 pm PST tonight. Anyone up to join?

R0ckman

After playing some other MMOs, I'm starting to realize why this game is lacking. The grinds in other games are fun and there are many chances and avenues to earn various things. There is much going on in the worlds and it's not an empty area of monsters to kill, there are towns and communities, but since this game does not have much depth in its mechanics as say an RPG its hard to have more elements installed that could expand into other communities on the planets.

The events are pretty bad to, the same types of events, usually stationary. What would be nice is if events were chained sort of like GW2 where a chain of events can lead to a big boss.

I think that there is just not enough content in this game for what its trying to do and I think that's more bungie not being familiar with the territory than Activision meddling.

Flo_Evans

Alucrid said:
they don't change, but it still takes out praetorian's shields and then some in one hit on hard, plus with the extra explosives after it drops and 3 magazine clip + 8 ammo capacity, it's great for the raid.

hmm I just unlocked the extra ground effect turning in bounties. It was dropping shields already on hard mode, just not sure if I should try and use "the truth" exotic launcher instead. Probably not worth the exotic slot (icebreaker) over the raid one. Truth seems more like a boss/single enemy launcher though when crowd control is what you need for most of the fights.

Carn82

Bungie lets you equip things in your inventory from the mobile app. They should also let you take things out of the vault from the mobile app. Would save so much time on loading screens.

Every Tower-activity should be doable from the app ;o But then nobody would visit The Tower, I guess :p

Maledict

Do you just leave it at the lowest possible level with the heroic mod on and then run through the entire level until you hit the checkpoints? I've been taking my time with these, setting them to level 28 and methodically killing my way through but I haven't seen any increased pay off at all, and the extra experience won't be worth it given it takes me 30 minutes and you 5 to complete...

Llyrwenne

Unconfirmed Member
So tired of having to play with complete idiots in Crucible 99% of the time.

People aggressively going after the third flag while we already have the other two, people being idiots and constantly looping around the map flipping the spawns, people capturing A on Blind Watch instead of going straight to B, people staying away from capture points the entire game for no reason, people leaving the instant our team is a single kill behind, people killing themselves with rockets, people using their Super solely as panic button, etc.,etc.

Ugh...

;-(

biaxident

After playing some other MMOs, I'm starting to realize why this game is lacking. The grinds in other games are fun and there are many chances and avenues to earn various things. There is much going on in the worlds and it's not an empty area of monsters to kill, there are towns and communities, but since this game does not have much depth in its mechanics as say an RPG its hard to have more elements installed that could expand into other communities on the planets.

The events are pretty bad to, the same types of events, usually stationary. What would be nice is if events were chained sort of like GW2 where a chain of events can lead to a big boss.

I think that there is just not enough content in this game for what its trying to do and I think that's more bungie not being familiar with the territory than Activision meddling.

Yeah this game is severely flawed, but I can't stop playing lol. Hitting the vanguard cap is incredibly easy and then you just sit there with very little to do. Daily grinds are never fun, I've done everything in the game besides vault and they are going to want us to "buy" more content. Really dropped the ball, highly doubt i'm buying any dlc. Plus I can't play right now for 7 hours on a day off, so i'm pretty salty.

So it's Bungie's Servers? Because PSN is down for maintenance like real soon. I need to connect before that happens.

PSN maintenance started 4 mins ago bro, we both screwed :(

commish

The events are pretty bad to, the same types of events, usually stationary. What would be nice is if events where chained sort of like GW2 where a chain of events can lead to a big boss.

It's not an MMO, though. If you came in with MMO expectations, then you'll be really disappointed. I mean, just look at the social features in the game. Oh that's right, THERE ARE NONE. Terrible oversight.

Also, as for content, even though it doesn't seem like much content there, there are people who have played well over 100 hours so far. The question is, do you like the "content" that they offer? For some, leveling up 3 characters to level 30 is enough of a carrot that they'll do the same missions over and over.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom