• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT7| "In the Garden of Suros" by I. Ron Banner

Status
Not open for further replies.

ethomaz

Banned
Do you just leave it at the lowest possible level with the heroic mod on and then run through the entire level until you hit the checkpoints? I've been taking my time with these, setting them to level 28 and methodically killing my way through but I haven't seen any increased pay off at all, and the extra experience won't be worth it given it takes me 30 minutes and you 5 to complete...
There is no different reward doing it on hard... I choose the easiest match for the bounty... in Draksis it is lvl 11 or 12 if I remember... I just run the whole mission.

I just put on Hard the Daily Heroic mission (lvl 28) for two shards... these I need more time to beat but I do speed run too :D kill only what I need or if I'm dying.

void666

Banned
Got the thorn bounty for the fourth time. This time on my warlock. I'll try to do it this time.
I now have a fast charging fusion rifle, auto shotgun and voidwalker is a more offensive void subclass than the titan defender.

Also got the super good advice machine gun. Easy exotic bounty. But it sucks. Does it get better with the upgrades?

I have two prestige machine guns (void/arc). I love them. As long as you don't ads they are pretty accurate. Not good at range though. They are like smgs. The arc one can have up to 150 bullets. It's insane.

*Splinter

Got the thorn bounty for the fourth time. This time on my warlock. I'll try to do it this time.
I now have a fast charging fusion rifle, auto shotgun and voidwalker is a more offensive void subclass than the titan defender.

Also got the super good advice machine gun. Easy exotic bounty. But it sucks. Does it get better with the upgrades?

I have two prestige machine guns (void/arc). I love them. As long as you don't ads they are pretty accurate. Not good at range though. They are like smgs. The arc one can have up to 150 bullets. It's insane.
:O

Carn82

Anyone know how long the 'maintenance' will last? UK here

From the UK site:

PlayStation Network is offline for scheduled maintenance from 18:00 on Monday 13 October 2014 until 01:00 Tuesday 14 October 2014 BST.

During the maintenance, you will be unable to access the following services:

PlayStation Store on all devices.
PlayStation Network Account Management.
PlayStation Network Account Registration.
Entertainment services.
Online gameplay - however, you may still play online if you are already signed into your SEN account via the relevant device before the maintenance begins.

In addition, you will not be able to sign in to PlayStation Network from eu.playstation.com.

During this maintenance, you can continue to collect in-game trophies and these will be updated on your profile once PlayStation Network is back up and running.

http://uk.playstation.com/home/news...95/PlayStation-Network-scheduled-maintenance/

From the UK site:

PlayStation Network is offline for scheduled maintenance from 18:00 on Monday 13 October 2014 until 01:00 Tuesday 14 October 2014 BST.

Entertainment services.
Online gameplay - however, you may still play online if you are already signed into your SEN account via the relevant device before the maintenance begins.

In addition, you will not be able to sign in to PlayStation Network from eu.playstation.com.

During this maintenance, you can continue to collect in-game trophies and these will be updated on your profile once PlayStation Network is back up and running.

http://uk.playstation.com/home/news...95/PlayStation-Network-scheduled-maintenance/

Apparently: 7 hours. :/

Oh GET TO FUCK

Who the fuck thought prime time was good for maintenance?

realcZk

Apparently: 7 hours. :/

Hopefully they fix the issues plaguing PSN for the past two weeks ever since that free play weekend beta test they did. Maybe they are finally trying to scale their infrastructure to the size of their target audience for once. I'm actually kind of happy for this downtime, I have IRL things I need to catch up on because I've been playing an unhealthy amount of destiny.

Steroyd

From the UK site:

Entertainment services.

I was 10 minutes late?

Fuck fuck FUCK!!

Carn82

Hopefully they fix the issues plaguing PSN for the past two weeks ever since that free play weekend beta test they did. Maybe they are finally trying to scale their infrastructure to the size of their target audience for once. I'm actually kind of happy for this downtime, I have IRL things I need to catch up on because I've been playing an unhealthy amount of destiny.

haha, same here. Need to arrange stuff for an upcoming trip; have some chores to do, etc. Hell, Even have some PS4 games that I havent even touched yet :/

commish

Jason Kidd murdered my dog in cold blood!

I actually would be totally cool with the service being down for an entire day if it meant it would work well. It's pretty bad lately.

Shito

I'm not, and would have liked a proper warning beforehand, not just one post on some blog. ^^
Can't be too hard to send a message to each user to at least warn everyone. Would have taken some dispositions to try and log before they cut everything off.

Well fuck I was traveling for work all week, there's no way I'm going to be able to hit rank 3 Iron Banner. Anyone doing the Lev 28 weekly strike?

Ah, those public events where you have to wipe out a bullet sponge, you get him down to half health, and then he teleports halfway across the map and disappears ten seconds later.

<3 Bungie

realcZk

I'm not, and would have liked a proper warning beforehand, not just one post on some blog. ^^
Can't be too hard to send a message to each user to at least warn everyone. Would have taken some dispositions to try and log before they cut everything off.

They actually tweeted it on the official account (10 hours ago though) which is surprising considering Sony is notoriously bad at notifying/acknowledging any PSN issues.

noomi

Ah, those public events where you have to wipe out a bullet sponge, you get him down to half health, and then he teleports halfway across the map and disappears ten seconds later.

<3 Bungie

Oh man, those piss me off. Unless you have a few people helping out, you will not get this done, no matter the gear/weaps.

Carn82

Is that PSN maintenance for US, as well? The store and the app is still up.

For Americans, the PSN maintenance period will start on Monday, Oct. 13 from 1PM-8PM on the Atlantic coast and 10AM-5PM on the Pacific coast.

http://www.idigitaltimes.com/psn-down-maintenance-starting-monday-could-20-be-coming-388696

not sure what time it is at your place. But I guess it has started early for some regions; wouldnt surprise me if the Euro-PSN is a bit different than the US-PSN.

Bummer you can get the other gears pieces for the Iron Banner, pretty brave for Bungie to do that, like they are expecting to have the same player base with low level in the next events

R0ckman

It's not an MMO, though. If you came in with MMO expectations, then you'll be really disappointed. I mean, just look at the social features in the game. Oh that's right, THERE ARE NONE. Terrible oversight.

Also, as for content, even though it doesn't seem like much content there, there are people who have played well over 100 hours so far. The question is, do you like the "content" that they offer? For some, leveling up 3 characters to level 30 is enough of a carrot that they'll do the same missions over and over.

I think that's the problem, they were trying not to do an MMO but have MMO inspirations. It doesn't quite make sense to me, "I want to take some of the foundations from this but not to a large extent, so now I have this mess of unpolished components." They don't have to have communities, they could have other NPC people besides guardians in the field, but they don't, they don't have anything on the field but enemies to shoot. Everything else is more like a veil to give the game a bit more depth that what is actually there, but it's an illusion.

Getting the exotic weapons and trying them out in pvp is fun, but there just aren't enough of them.

purg3

slept with Malkin
Oh man, those piss me off. Unless you have a few people helping out, you will not get this done, no matter the gear/weaps.

Titan shield with weapons of light/Saint helm/invective. Drop the shield on him, he goes blind. Shotgun and punch to death. I've solo'd those PE doing that without problems.

biaxident

They actually tweeted it on the official account (10 hours ago though) which is surprising considering Sony is notoriously bad at notifying/acknowledging any PSN issues.

I am more mad about the fact that I wasn't able to log on before the maintenance even started, they even tell you "log in before it starts to ensure you can play online during the maintenance", but then it's been down for me since a solid hour before this downtime was supposed to happen.

Trevelyon

I can't even tell if I'm signed into Psn on PS4 or not. The 'what's new' stuff is still there and I can sync trophies...so I should be logged on. So all I need to do is wait for Bungie to get there goddam shit together.

EL CUCO

http://www.idigitaltimes.com/psn-down-maintenance-starting-monday-could-20-be-coming-388696

not sure what time it is at your place. But I guess it has started early for some regions; wouldnt surprise me if the Euro-PSN is a bit different than the US-PSN.

Strange that I can't find any official PR for the states. PSN still seems to be up. Its 1:30PM (EDT)

I'm hoping we actually do get some maintenance. Anything FL related has been crap. It actually locked up my console yesterday. I had to...*welp* unplug the power.

Thankfully everything was fine after that.

Edit: People on my FL are currently playing Destiny.

KeRaSh

Got a sniper rifle from killing the Templar on normal. Is there anything special about it? I guess I could make use of it if I ever find a Suros and I need to switch out my Ice Breaker.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom