• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT7| "In the Garden of Suros" by I. Ron Banner

Status
Not open for further replies.

RedFury

Can anyone help me cheese Templar? Trying to just kill him and get the 2 chests. Got them last night trying to help my bro thru it. We got him to 40% health the 2 of us alone. With help we can finish him in 5min tops.
Psn:RedFury03

E92 M3

Or they will just make everything OP and call it a day.

Nerf incoming of course.

I'd rather everything be OP, but Bungie loves to nerf weapons and make them boring to use. Halo 3 was the worst offender.

It's getting nerfed?!
Vader_nooo.jpg

It has to - way too strong in PVP. Yes, it's fun to destroy people, but the balance is missing. The Vex is very difficult to obtain. So, the best course of action would be to adjust the PVP settings and leave PVE alone. There to need to be super powerful weapons that are difficult to get. Otherwise, what's the point of doing the super hard content?

Oh7SVPEh.jpg

Anyone else getting this message?

Can't log in with either character, can't log in with my wife's account.

Playing on the PS4 that is linked to my account, and I have PS+.

I'm starting to see the shittiness of Online Only games.

me too..

any info on how long this will remain?

Bunta

Fujiwara Tofu Shop
It only really matters when paired with a good player. Most Mythoclast users I've met have been pretty dreadful, easy to outsmart or bait into a safe kill.

The occassional good ones are a nightmare, though.

If I had mythoclast, oof, I think the other team would quit.

commish

Jason Kidd murdered my dog in cold blood!
It has to - way too strong in PVP. Yes, it's fun to destroy people, but the balance is missing. The Vex is very difficult to obtain. So, the best course of action would be to adjust the PVP settings and leave PVE alone. There to need to be super powerful weapons that are difficult to get. Otherwise, what's the point of doing the super hard content?

Except it's not hard to obtain :p Get checkpoint from DestinyLFG, cheese boss, receive Vex.

Edit: Hard, not easy!

Cognitive Dissonance, Distilled
Started a Warlock alt after playing Hunter all this time and it saddens me. I feel like every aspect of my new character is more powerful.

Does anyone else feel like Hunter gets the short end of the stick in this game?

Honestly I don't see why anyone would pick the class other than the way it looks. The range on my melee is absurd compared to my Hunter and sometimes in gives me extra shield. Super I can throw giant AOE balls around, and I can completely maneuver in the air when I jump. I don't feel like Hunters have anything sufficient to balance out the lack of such options. I've yet to try Titan but that seems like the exact same situation. Ridiculous AOE Super, Bubble shield, shoulder charge, etc. If I had a dollar for every time I Blink Striked a Titan in the face and only took half his health while he taps me once and I explode...

Ok, so Blade Dancer Super is pretty good, but I actually have to seek out targets and hope I don't get manhandled while I'm try to take targets out. As opposed to to simply pointing and decimating an area like the other classes.

I guess its supposed to be a ranged class? But exactly what does Hunter have that makes it a superior range fighter? The other classes are free to snipe.

I feel like the only true advantage is the extreme range of the Golden Gun Super and maybe the invisibility (use this a lot to do recon in Nightfalls).

Are you on xbox one? If you are i can give you the checkpoint.

If not, use destinylfg. Its what i used to find the checkpoint.

Thanks for the offer but I'm on PS4, I'm hoping to find a warlock who is hard raiding this upcoming weak who wouldn't mind me cheesing with him in the end if we have a group to help him get to the last checkpoint

E92 M3

Except it's not easy to obtain :p Get checkpoint from DestinyLFG, cheese boss, receive Vex.

Was hard for me - did every section. Also, the chances of Vex dropping are pretty low. Finally, Atheon is getting fixed for sure - no way Bungie will people to make a joke of the hard raid lol.

Xclusion

Talk about burning the midnight oil, now my Hunter Alt is Raid (Normal) ready!
9MTcS7r.jpg

(Missing purple boots =/, have to wait till I accumulate 30 Vanguard so I can buy them >_<)

Warlock stuck =/, need Raid Boots + Helmet (which is only given last boss, Hard mode)
NfNRhEq.jpg

Now to start working on my Titan...

For Hunters out there, whats better?, the knucklehead or the alpha lupi?

Might shard one of them, I'm leaning towards lupi to be destroyed, got it through a Legendary engram

You can get the raid boots on Normal

Bunta

Fujiwara Tofu Shop
Except it's not easy to obtain :p Get checkpoint from DestinyLFG, cheese boss, receive Vex.

Getting past the gatekeeper is the hardest part. Also, even being lucky enough for it to drop. You don't get it just for showing up. Obviously they'll fix cheesing Atheon soon enough.

Started a Warlock alt after playing Hunter all this time and it saddens me. I feel like every aspect of my new character is more powerful.

Does anyone else feel like Hunter gets the short end of the stick in this game?

Honestly I don't see why anyone would pick the class other than the way it looks. The range on my melee is absurd compared to my Hunter and sometimes in gives me extra shield. Super I can throw giant AOE balls around, and I can completely maneuver in the air when I jump. I don't feel like Hunters have anything sufficient to balance out the lack of such options. I've yet to try Titan but that seems like the exact same situation. Ridiculous AOE Super, Bubble shield, shoulder charge, etc. If I had a dollar for every time I Blink Striked a Titan in the face and only took half his health while he taps me once and I explode...

Ok, so Blade Dancer Super is pretty good, but I actually have to seek out targets and hope I don't get manhandled while I'm try to take targets out. As opposed to to simply pointing and decimating an area like the other classes.

I guess its supposed to be a ranged class? But exactly what does Hunter have that makes it a superior range fighter? The other classes are free to snipe.

I feel like the only true advantage is the extreme range of the Golden Gun Super and maybe the invisibility (use this a lot to do recon in Nightfalls).

I won't lie. . I've been feeling this way about my hunter class for awhile. I was debating creating a sunbro but instead I just made another hunter alt to help farm raid gear and strange coins. Who knows. Maybe once I have enough strange coins I will just buy the exotic hunter armor I want (chest for sunbro) and save up for a Warlock alt. .

But I do like stealth revives, they come in handy. But reviving yourself from the death can also come in handy.

Is it really that hard?
Got randomly invited to a raid. My first time. Helped killing this floating shielded teleporting guy. Got raid gauntlets for my hunter.
Guess that's why i don't have any luck with everything else. lol

I really don't know anymore lol, I mean at this point I'll just keep running until I get what I actually need, but it's slowly starting to get frustraiting seeing everyone but yourself get raid gear week after week even though I'm a patient guy...WoW wasn't even this harsh and I quit that MMO because I got tired of grinding and lack of endgame.

What's worse about the lack of raid gear is that I have the Suros Regime, Monte Carlo, and Hard Light. as well as all three titan exotic helms. It's nice and all but I just want raid gear lol

I'm on PS4 and every time I tried to log in my character, I get this error message :
You have lost connection to Destiny servers. Your permission to access online multiplayer gameplay may have changed or your profile may have been signed in elsewhere.

Does anyone know what it actually means?

commish

I won't lie. . I've been feeling this way about my hunter class for awhile. I was debating creating a sunbro but instead I just made another hunter alt to help farm raid gear and strange coins. Who knows. Maybe once I have enough strange coins I will just buy the exotic hunter armor I want (chest for sunbro) and save up for a Warlock alt. .

But I do like stealth revives, they come in handy. But reviving yourself from the death can also come in handy.

My first character was a hunter. Sweet character, love him.

My second was a titan. Hmm, seems to be a better character, skills are more useful.

My final alt was a warlock. WTF, how is self-rez not OP? If I had to pick one character to continue, it'd be the warlock for sure. Hunter is still my "main" tho.

I'm the poster child for getting nothing but chatter white, loading screen ships and shards. I raid with 3 characters and continually get shut out. One piece, rest nothing.

At least you have the ship :) I haven't had that drop yet. I'd just rather the gear drop before the next raid comes out and leaves me hanging because it may or may not require a higher lvl to do it.

I got cryptic dragon from am engram last night, is it any good? I've been using a hand canon since the beginning, but this is seems like a fairly decent weapon.

Thoughts?
It's good, probably will be a lot better when the gun update hits. Mine's fully leveled, has the Mulligan, stability, and grenade cooldown perks active. Can't speak to PvP, but it's pretty great for Strikes.

Am_I_Evil

Hard raid last night...got the scout rifle and a ship...I also got a ship in my first normal raid....why does this game keep giving me ships? (I've also found a bunch)

Try again after Tuesday for gear/mythlocast

ethomaz

Banned
I very rarely come across 5 bounties that can be done in 20 minutes :L

But yeah I suppose that's about it.
Well the commons bounties I got...

- Striker without die (3-5 minutes on Earth?)
- 6 Patrols (2-3 minutes?)
- Random mission on Heroic (speed run in 2-3 minutes... just run and kill just what you need)
- 2 kills with Fusion Rifle (1-2 minutes on the first Moon mission... if you leave in place that enemies come you can back to this checkpoint in another day)
- 10 Ultra or Yellow enemies (it takes some time but there are places 2-3 enemies... I usually got these before play the Daily mission and and it almost complete the 10)
- 3 Public Events (this is not slow but you need schedule... I do every :15 or :45 on Earth... when it is :10 I enter in the Patrol in Earth and run to the place)

I don't remember others :D it is really fast... in 30 minutes I'm done with the Daily mission and PVE bounties.

Now PVP bounties are slow... really slow... some from Iron Banner are crazy hard too (10 kills in a row without die? Top player in the match? I got these only once).

My first character was a hunter. Sweet character, love him.

My second was a titan. Hmm, seems to be a better character, skills are more useful.

My final alt was a warlock. WTF, how is self-rez not OP? If I had to pick one character to continue, it'd be the warlock for sure. Hunter is still my "main" tho.

Sigh, I do think Hunters are the underdogs when it comes to skills. . idk if I would ever delete or stop playing my hunter though. I just feel so invested.

E92 M3

I kinda wish that Vex were the only enemies - just never get bored of shooting them. Hive and Fallen are pretty boring. Cabal are okay for half hour or so. Now Vex, they're just fun enemies. Don't know why - but I just love them.

I'm using the Vita more often, and feeling less shitty at it. What look speed do you use? I've been bouncing from 3 to 4

I've kept it at the default setting which I think is 3. It's still hard to be precise, but it gets the job done for easier PvE stuff and the more I play on it the more I'm getting used to the sticks. Though I did try a little Crucible on it yesterday and got 3rd place on my team which I was pretty happy with.

hydruxo

Apparently I wasn't logged in, even though I purposely left my PS4 on and logged in this morning, so I can't play Destiny at all until the maintenance is done. Thanks Sony!

I honestly miss having XBL. Almost never had to deal with it being down when I had a 360.

Deku Tree

Bungie lets you equip things in your inventory from the mobile app. They should also let you take things out of the vault from the mobile app. Would save so much time on loading screens.

commish

Well the commons bounties I got...

- Striker without die (3-5 minutes on Earth?)
- 6 Patrols (2-3 minutes?)
- Random mission on Heroic (speed run in 2-3 minutes... just run and kill just what you need)
- 2 kills with Fusion Rifle (1-2 minutes on the first Moon mission... if you leave in place that enemies come you can back to this checkpoint in another day)
- 10 Ultra or Yellow enemies (it takes some time but there are places 2-3 enemies... I usually got these before play the Daily mission and and it almost complete the 10)
- 3 Public Events (this is fast but you need schedule... I do every :15 or :45 on Earth... when it is :10 I enter in the Patrol in Earth and run to the place)

I don't remember others :D it is really fast... in 30 minutes I'm done with the Daily mission and PVE bounties.

Now PVP bounties are slow... really slow... some from Iron Banner are crazy hard too (10 kills in a row without die? Top player in the match? I got these only once).

Those bounty times are just not possible. If you post a video of you doing a story mission in 2 to 3 minutes, or a patrol in 2 minutes, I'll eat my hat :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom