• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT7| "In the Garden of Suros" by I. Ron Banner

Status
Not open for further replies.

DesertFox

I like them because I find them more disturbing than the other races. There's something about having absolutely no grasp what they're about that makes me feel that way.

As far as I can see, the Fallen are just a destroyed civilization trying to survive and perhaps rebuild. The Hive are parasites consuming and corrupting everything they touch, while worshipping some weird deity. The Cabal are military brutes, hellbent on conquest. All these are races that arrived in our solar system wreaking havok.

The Vex... they're in the past, future, present... we have no idea how or who created them... we don't even know if they originated in or out of our solar system... and they seem to have an organic part...
I particularly liked the grimoire entry talking about high-ranking city officials wanting the guardians to find a vex gateway that would dump them at some point in the past prior to the collapse to hopefully find and stop the darkness before it devastates humanity.

So who's in the mood to talk about OP things in the crucible? No, not a gun or a super, but whichever class has that invisible warp jump. That is way too OP. :p

I've been playing against a lot of people who have that and they just bunny hop all over the place and you have no idea where they are going to end up. I'll spin around thinking they'll be behind me but by the time I find them again I'm either dead or they just hop and go invisible and warp somewhere else and then I'm dead. Everyone else who jumps is like a big ole target for you and you will almost always win that gun fight. But the warp jump, you never win since you have no idea where they just went.

I'm guessing it's the Warlock class so I wonder why this isn't used more often? I mean I've seen it been used before, it just seems like all of a sudden it's happening more and more.

Anyone know how to deal with it? Is there a way to tell where they'll end up? Seems like they can use it as often and as quick as they want, so how can you keep up with someone who is warping in circles around you?

Bladedancer and Voidwalker both have blink as one of their last perks. I tend to jump away from them.

Pimpwerx

So Destiny won't let me on and the L2 trigger on my second controller just broke. The first one broke a month ago. Looks like I need to request a repair. PEACE.

ERMint13

I can't get to level 29 w/o raid gear can I? I have 80 some shards and I can't get raid gear. I have an exotic chest piece fully leveled and my helmet is leveled also. I only have gauntlets and boots to upgrade. Can I hit 29 if I max them out w/o Raid gear?

Kamina

Golden Boy
So who's in the mood to talk about OP things in the crucible? No, not a gun or a super, but whichever class has that invisible warp jump. That is way too OP. :p

I've been playing against a lot of people who have that and they just bunny hop all over the place and you have no idea where they are going to end up. I'll spin around thinking they'll be behind me but by the time I find them again I'm either dead or they just hop and go invisible and warp somewhere else and then I'm dead. Everyone else who jumps is like a big ole target for you and you will almost always win that gun fight. But the warp jump, you never win since you have no idea where they just went.

I'm guessing it's the Warlock class so I wonder why this isn't used more often? I mean I've seen it been used before, it just seems like all of a sudden it's happening more and more.

Anyone know how to deal with it? Is there a way to tell where they'll end up? Seems like they can use it as often and as quick as they want, so how can you keep up with someone who is warping in circles around you?

Voidwalker.

The jump is fixed like you have no control about it like the other jump... so you need to get the feel where he will be when use the jump... it is not that used because there is a preference in Sunbros in Crucible... when I play with Voidwalker I use this Jump even for PVE because you don't receive damage while jumping.
Sounds more like Bladedancer Hunters. Warlocks can blink but cant be invisible.

darthbob

I can't get to level 29 w/o raid gear can I? I have 80 some shards and I can't get raid gear. I have an exotic chest piece fully leveled and my helmet is leveled also. I only have gauntlets and boots to upgrade. Can I hit 29 if I max them out w/o Raid gear?

You can get to 29 without Raid gear, but you'd need a fully upgraded Exotic along with 3 other fully upgraded legendaries. It would get your maximum Light to 111.

Zakalwe

Banned

Run toward the point they jumped from and turn around.

Ovek

7Member7

You should be able to hit 29.

ethomaz

Banned
You can... 1 Exotic + 3 Legendaries get you to lvl 29.

Pimpwerx

The exact same dip shits that they hired during the PS3 run... sadly nothing has changed.

Same people who think midnight Pacific time is a reasonable release time. I have no idea who has the power to control these things at Sony, but that person is an idiot. PEACE.

Hoodbury

Bladedancer and Voidwalker both have blink as one of their last perks. I tend to jump away from them.

Sounds more like Bladedancer Hunters. Warlocks can blink but cant be invisible.

I really need to start making my alts so I can better learn my enemies. heh. Titans seem so "normal" in what we can do compared to hunters and warlocks. We have our bubble and our ground pound but otherwise not too much else that is special.

Kamina

Golden Boy
You need Raid gear for 30, without you can still get to 29 if you max out your legendaries and or exotic.

EL CUCO

You can be right at 29 without having to max out your current Lgnd Gear.

I think you'll be a couple upgrades away from being fully maxed. Need 109 light

LordofPwn

According to reddit, Hawkian's numbers are a bit off unless it differs for each exotic weapon.

Idk bout those numbers but am i the only one that would enjoy having the xp bar back post lvl 20? i know the devs had a build where it just told you how far till your next mote of light. i think xp bars really help with the experience and they would tell you how much xp you just got from completing activities and killing enemies.

*Splinter

A lot of people in this thread don't understand time zones.
It's daytime America during a public holiday, and evening Europe. Anyone want to guess what percentage of the player base that covers? Could they have picked a worse time?
I assume it is just scheduled during their engineers working day... or something. Just surprised that a network this size isn't considered important enough to schedule for overnight and whip your peons into working overtime... or something...

arimanius

I really need to start making my alts so I can better learn my enemies. heh. Titans seem so "normal" in what we can do compared to hunters and warlocks. We have our bubble and our ground pound but otherwise not too much else that is special.

Yup. Nothing "cool" about titans besides shoulder charge which is difficult to land in pvp because of all the shotguns and fusion rifles. That's why Titan is the least played class.

Bungie really failed at the whole Titan = close combat, hunter = mid range, warlock far away aspect they were trying for IMO.

TsuWave

game's not letting me log in and i'm getting this message:

tumblr_inline_ndeb11wEpK1r3825d.png

i'm starting to get worried :/

Deku Tree

Idk bout those numbers but am i the only one that would enjoy having the xp bar back post lvl 20? i know the devs had a build where it just told you how far till your next mote of light. i think xp bars really help with the experience and they would tell you how much xp you just got from completing activities and killing enemies.

It's under your own name in the menu screens in the top right side.

Hoodbury

Yup. Nothing "cool" about titans besides shoulder charge which is difficult to land in pvp because of all the shotguns and fusion rifles. That's why Titan is the least played class.

Bungie really failed at the whole Titan = close combat, hunter = mid range, warlock far away aspect they were trying for IMO.

I have 92 hours on my Titan and I still can't get the Shoulder Charge to register 90% of the time I want it to happen, it just does regular melee still.

Looking to find 2 people to tackle the weekly strike, nightfall and daily tomorrow around 7pm EST since it will be RESET DAY! HOOORAY! Would love to finish all 3 tomorrow.

PS4
Cosmos_Man
Level 29 Titan

Looking for 29 and above to make it easiest.

Send me a FR and I will add you below for our set time.

1. PaulKersey
2. death4fromabove22

Looks like we are set for 7pm tomorrow! Woop!

Anyone now want in for the raid? After we knock off those items so let's say 10pm EST to be safe?

1. PaulKersey
2. death4fromabove22
3. Cosmos_Man

Reply here and send a FR to Cosmos_Man (me!). I will update this post as I get replies. With PSN down for those who didn't log in early I will send FRs.

Looking for 3 more for the raid tomorrow at 7pm EST!

Iceman829

I'm hoping to. GT: Guitaratomik

If you need an extra man I can help out. I already beat it with my hunter for the week, but I'm willing to use my 27 Titan Defender. I might not be on until 9:15 EST/6:15 PST. I won't make you hold the spot if you can find 6, but if you need another man just drop me an XBL message. GT - Iceman829.

I should be able to hit 28 if any of the chests are kind to gift me shards and not energy.

I suck at crucible so bad. I beat Atheon but I can't get a K/D ratio that isn't negative... I have three exotic bounties in my inventory and I want to finish them but it seems impossible... except the Bad Juju one may be doable after a few hours... and they are taking up three precious bounty slots so it is even stopping me from doing bounties without going back and forth to the tower... ugh.

Usually i'm a run n gun w/ shotty type of person which kills my k/d ratio. I was really struggling with the Invective 25 k/d part of the quest line so I decided i needed to change how I play and went in to Control with the mission to always stick with a buddy, preferably 2.

What do you know - 2 matches later I have my 25 k/d ratio and that step looks so easy i can't believe i was having trouble.

1st tip - play a team game so you can get assists. 2nd - never go in alone. Sure one on one fights are the truest test of skill. F that. You're trying to get a stupid PVP quest done when you may be a PVE player.

Strength in numbers my friend.

.hacked

I'd say 1/2 the time I log in I get an error saying I don't have psn. So people can't join my fire team unless I reset the game. Hope that is fixed when psn is up.

Anyone using remote play on the vita?

Played a few patrol missions, takes a bit to get used to. Not sure if I'd attempt any high lvl strikes but for patrol missions on the can it is amazing. Better range than the wii u as well.

Deku Tree

Usually i'm a run n gun w/ shotty type of person which kills my k/d ratio. I was really struggling with the Invective 25 k/d part of the quest line so I decided i needed to change how I play and went in to Control with the mission to always stick with a buddy, preferably 2.

What do you know - 2 matches later I have my 25 k/d ratio and that step looks so easy i can't believe i was having trouble.

1st tip - play a team game so you can get assists. 2nd - never go in alone. Sure one on one fights are the truest test of skill. F that. You're trying to get a stupid PVP quest done when you may be a PVE player.

Strength in numbers my friend.

Ok. I'll try that... Thanks!

arimanius

I have 92 hours on my Titan and I still can't get the Shoulder Charge to register 90% of the time I want it to happen, it just does regular melee still.

I have the same issue since it takes a few seconds to trigger and only last for like 5 seconds. Would be much better if it was active the entire time you were sprinting.

darthbob

Yeah, he just saying he'd rather have it under his name instead as a quick fix.

I'd actually like to have the option to display the Mote of Light progress bar at the bottom of the HUD, where your XP bar went.

Interestingly enough, that used to be available: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QDr6HU-2cgE

Also what's interesting about that video is with the gear that Sage has equipped, it would not be possible for him to attain that Light 118. His Exotic helm is at Light 27, and his Vanguard gear is at Light 30.

If you need an extra man I can help out. I already beat it with my hunter for the week, but I'm willing to use my 27 Titan Defender. I might not be on until 9:15 EST/6:15 PST. I won't make you hold the spot if you can find 6, but if you need another man just drop me an XBL message. GT - Iceman829.

I should be able to hit 28 if any of the chests are kind to gift me shards and not energy.

Sounds good! Hopefully I'll be on that late.

Kamina

Golden Boy
Voidwalkers are invisible while blinking... he shows only when it reach the top of the jump..
You are not invisible while blinking, you are teleporting. He was talking about people turning invisible after killing him. If he meant what I understood then he was talking about bladedancers.

Bunta

Fujiwara Tofu Shop
Shoulder charge.

If you can throw grenades well, defenders sticky grenade is great. I used to play striker in crucible, but I've just moved over to defender completely. It's too nice being able to lock down a control point if the other team doesn't have their super waiting. Also, people still love to run into my bubble and die.

I'd say 1/2 the time I log in I get an error saying I don't have psn. So people can't join my fire team unless I reset the game. Hope that is fixed when psn is up.

Anyone using remote play on the vita?

Played a few patrol missions, takes a bit to get used to. Not sure if I'd attempt any high lvl strikes but for patrol missions on the can it is amazing. Better range than the wii u as well.
Before anyone bites I love my vita dearly, but fuck me it is SHIT for fps, it's to sensitive and I cant hold it comfortably, I honestly can not shoot for shit on destiny it took me 40 minutes to do my six bou ties, I had to hip fire and mellee everything.

LordofPwn

It's under your own name in the menu screens in the top right side.

Thats light not exp.

You can also check exp to next mote. Hover over your level.

Yeah, he just saying he'd rather have it under his name instead as a quick fix.

You sure? Anyway if you put the arrow over the 20 in the menu screen I think it shows you how much xp to the next level.

No... I'm talking about this.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom