• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT7| "In the Garden of Suros" by I. Ron Banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
I've completed up to the last boss the other night. But would be willing to run with you guys. Level 27 hunter. Hopefully I can be 28 by that time. Just need one upgrade.

GT: Natural Vv High

Yeah, feel free to add me. The Xbox site is being wonky all day for me and won't let me do it from there (or check my messages).

LordofPwn

I'd actually like to have the option to display the Mote of Light progress bar at the bottom of the HUD, where your XP bar went.

Interestingly enough, that used to be available: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QDr6HU-2cgE

Also what's interesting about that video is with the gear that Sage has equipped, it would not be possible for him to attain that Light 118. His Exotic helm is at Light 27, and his Vanguard gear is at Light 30.

This.

Bunta

Fujiwara Tofu Shop
I've received probably about 15 exotic bounties so far. My tip, and it's totally unsubstantiated, is to turn in at least 3 bounties at once, but be sure to turn them in AS FAST AS YOU CAN CLICK.

I actually think turning anything in, like engrams, provides better results if you do it in a batch and click super fast.

I..I think this works. I just got an exotic bounty while turning in 3 spamming as fast as I could. Before that, I had a set of 3 or 4 get me a blue ship. Too bad the exotic bounty is for the same set I've gotten 4 times already. :(

Yeah, feel free to add me. The Xbox site is being wonky all day for me and won't let me do it from there (or check my messages).

It has been wonky since yesterday afternoon. It is getting extremely old. Their updates on the site are so vague and give us no insight on to a fix ETA. It is like they aren't even working on it.

Carn82

hmm, friend of mine is saying that Vanguard Tiger and Viper playlists have been the same the whole day; anyone who could verify that? Keeps giving him the same strikes.

Hoodbury

If you can throw grenades well, defenders sticky grenade is great. I used to play striker in crucible, but I've just moved over to defender completely. It's too nice being able to lock down a control point if the other team doesn't have their super waiting. Also, people still love to run into my bubble and die.

I'd like to make the switch over to Defender but the allure of getting multi kills with fist of havoc is so strong, lol. When I see 3 or 4 people capping a flag I just drool. But yet I still somehow end up screwing it up most of the time by either hitting a ceiling or ledge and coming up short and looking like a fool.

Fist of Havoc also seems to have some weird aim assist with it so I'll see like 2-3 guys infront of me and I'll jump to use it so I can reach them, but then there will be another enemy off to my side who is closer to me than those 2-3 guys were and my Titan will like make a 90 degree turn for the one guy and mess everything up as well.

I really should just switch to defender, lol.

Which bubble do you recommend using?

If you can throw grenades well, defenders sticky grenade is great. I used to play striker in crucible, but I've just moved over to defender completely. It's too nice being able to lock down a control point if the other team doesn't have their super waiting. Also, people still love to run into my bubble and die.

I love the Gunslinger sticky grenade, it's the only decent one imo. I'll have to wait and see which Titan is more fun to play when I finally make one. Busy making a Warlock now. Already got her to level 14. :D

Steroyd

I really need to start making my alts so I can better learn my enemies. heh. Titans seem so "normal" in what we can do compared to hunters and warlocks. We have our bubble and our ground pound but otherwise not too much else that is special.

Yeah was playing around with my hunter alt and I now understand why I lose out as a titan if we both start brawling, a fully charged Titan melee should one shot but hunters at least have a mini lunge, so they've got that little bit more distance to get a melee kill first.

Hoodbury

You are not invisible while blinking, you are teleporting. He was talking about people turning invisible after killing him. If he meant what I understood then he was talking about bladedancers.

Ah, sorry for not being more clear. I was talking about the teleporting part. So they teleport from point A to point B and during that teleport they are "invisible" to me so I have no idea where point B is.

I know about the hunter/bladedancer invisibility skill and wasn't talking about that.

Kamina

Golden Boy
He seems to be talking about invisible warp while jumping... it is what Voidwalker do.

I guess he is talking about that: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fazNCfSFJIE
You dont need to show me Warlock gameplay, I play one myself.
Ah, sorry for not being more clear. I was talking about the teleporting part. So they teleport from point A to point B and during that teleport they are "invisible" to me so I have no idea where point B is.

I know about the hunter/bladedancer invisibility skill and wasn't talking about that.

Ah,ok. Blink is not invosiblity though, Blinking is another word for teleporting.
However, Bladedancer Hunters can blink the same way. So in the end it doesnt matter.

Bunta

Fujiwara Tofu Shop
I'd like to make the switch over to Defender but the allure of getting multi kills with fist of havoc is so strong, lol. When I see 3 or 4 people capping a flag I just drool. But yet I still somehow end up screwing it up most of the time by either hitting a ceiling or ledge and coming up short and looking like a fool.

Fist of Havoc also seems to have some weird aim assist with it so I'll see like 2-3 guys infront of me and I'll jump to use it so I can reach them, but then there will be another enemy off to my side who is closer to me than those 2-3 guys were and my Titan will like make a 90 degree turn for the one guy and mess everything up as well.

Definitely armor of light in pvp. Blessing and weapons aren't worth it, imo. You can stand in the bubble with armor and take a ton of damage. I've gotten into a punching match with 3 people and came out alive. It does kind of suck not being able to clear out a point quick with FOH, but I like the tradeoff with the bubble defense and sticky grenades.

EL CUCO

Before anyone bites I love my vita dearly, but fuck me it is SHIT for fps, it's to sensitive and I cant hold it comfortably, I honestly can not shoot for shit on destiny it took me 40 minutes to do my six bou ties, I had to hip fire and mellee everything.

Yeah its not very efficient, but it gets the job done. I played alot of kz:merc and BL2, so I'm kinda accustomed to it but it definitely takes some getting used to. I would not run strikes or PvP while using it, though.

The Nyko grips helped out tremendously for comfort. The sticks suck though and depending on your connection, the combination of those sticks and an unstable WiFi can introduce a boat load of lag.

Xclusion

Before anyone bites I love my vita dearly, but fuck me it is SHIT for fps, it's to sensitive and I cant hold it comfortably, I honestly can not shoot for shit on destiny it took me 40 minutes to do my six bou ties, I had to hip fire and mellee everything.

61nw-oJ4XSL._SL1500_.jpg

Get that, I play with my sensitivity on 6 the same as when I play on my ps4 no problem but my brother and friend say they drop theres down to to 3. Typically I just do the easier bounties and patrol missions but ive started to do a few strikes on the vita.

ethomaz

Banned
You dont need to show me Warlock gameplay, I play one myself.
Blink is not invosiblity though, Blinking is another word for teleporting.
It is invincible while blinking... I use when I'm close to die to recover and kill bad guys ;)

PS. I just typed the word wrong :(

NastyBook

I really hope for Sony that this maintanance fixes the issues we had in the past weeks. Otherwise i will rethink if i need PS+ in the future.
For their sake, yes, this maintenance had better be addressing the issues that have plagued the network for the past few weeks. A real easy way to lose your fanbase if they think the grass is greener.

Voidwalkers are invisible while blinking... he shows only when it reach the top of the jump..

It's more short range teleportation than blinking. We should be invincible mid jump (theoretically anyway. Been killed by blade dancers tonnes of time mid jump)

Also guys what's the best scope for Icebreaker? Want something short and snappy

Haha, me and my friend were desperate to clear nightfall, so with Xbox Live Friends being down, we jumped in and out of tower until reaching the same server so we could invite to fire team. It worked!!

61nw-oJ4XSL._SL1500_.jpg

Get that, I play with my sensitivity on 6 the same as when I play on my ps4 no problem but my brother and friend say they drop theres down to to 3. Typically I just do the easier bounties and patrol missions but ive started to do a few strikes on the vita.
Got one coming, been in post for 3 pissing weeks, gagging to try them out.

Steroyd

Armour of light for PvP plus the continuos force of light melee upgrade, this makes you a god inside your bubble and when people come into your bubble and melee kill them you get a psuedo blessing of light.

Blessing of light for PVE you can treat you bubble like a health regen weaving in and out when your health goes down.

Carn82

61nw-oJ4XSL._SL1500_.jpg

that looks funky. where did you buy that?

Kamina

Golden Boy
It is invincible while blinking... I use when I'm close to die to recover and kill bad guys ;)
Invisible =/= Invincible ;)

But yeah I know what you mean. I really love blink, but I prefer Sunsinher because of the resurrecting and killing enemies from behind when they think me dead.

Hoodbury

Yeah was playing around with my hunter alt and I now understand why I lose out as a titan if we both start brawling, a fully charged Titan melee should one shot but hunters at least have a mini lunge, so they've got that little bit more distance to get a melee kill first.

Yes! It is so frustrating that I seem to lose out in melee brawls more often than I win them as a Titan. I even have armor that speeds up my melee use.

Nodnol

Everytime I head into the Black Garden, I'm reminded how awesome the soundtrack is for this game. The piece during the boss is epic.

ethomaz

Banned
Invisible =/= Invincible ;)

But yeah I know what you mean. I really love blink, but I prefer Sunsinher because of the resurrecting and killing enemies from behind when they think me dead.
Dammit the words are too close.

I prefer Sunbro too... I play more with Voidwalkers when I'm doing Super bounties.

Mindlog

Looking for 3 more for the raid tomorrow at 7pm EST!
I'd be down for a speed run at 7 EST.
Dammit the words are too close.

I prefer Sunbro too... I play more with Voidwalkers when I'm doing Super bounties.
Sunbro fusion grenades are fantastic, but meh on reviving. That means I have to die and I'd rather not :]
If I were to fully exploit voidfang grenades I would Sunbro in PvP, but that's lame.
Why does this game hate me so much? ;-(

For the first time ever, I had a Legendary turn into an Exotic. Guess what? It's the same piece of armor that was sold by Xur last weekend...

Great...
Check it closely. Xur's chest piece had 100+ strength. Really would have rather had Discipline, but it's still a solid exotic.

.hacked

61nw-oJ4XSL._SL1500_.jpg

Have mine set at 3 no problem while on vita just need a few mins to adjust to slight I put lag.

Was sniping like a pro with my ice breaker after 5 mins. Small screen makes it a bit harder to spot the bad guys.

Freaky

Neo Member
Guys, I need help with the cheese.

I need a warlock to help me on killing Atheon. I have the checkpoint.

Who wants to jump in before the reset?

PS4 | Chris-V-D

Llyrwenne

Unconfirmed Member

For the first time ever, I had a Legendary turn into an Exotic. Guess what? It's the same piece of armor that was sold by Xur last weekend...

Great...

Sergoes

Great...

So far during my playtime, I've had 5 exotics drop either regularly or through engrams. I've dismantled them all since they're duplicates of ones I've bought from Xur. The sting is pretty bad; I feel your pain.

Okay. I had this error screen for two days now.

"You have lost connection to Destiny servers. Your permissions to access online multiplayer gameplay may have changed or your profile may have been signed in elsewhere."

No and nope.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom