• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT7| "In the Garden of Suros" by I. Ron Banner

Status
Not open for further replies.

Truelize

Steroid Distributor
What is with this game?!?!?!

I almost never got disconnected before the patch. Maybe 3 or 4 times over 100+ hours of play. Now I get disconnected constantly. I'm trying to get fusion rifle kills in the nightfall strike by myself and I keep gettin booted.

ethomaz

Banned
Guys I was reading yesterday the Weekly Update and found this reply...

Dmoney12321 Is Destiny going to keep evolving?

Yes.

I’m pretty excited about the next game update. I think you will be, too. We’re working up an explanation of what we’ll be changing. You’ll know what I know real soon. Some of you will laugh. Some of you will cry. Some of you will howl at the moon. Some of you will rejoice. We'll always look to strike a balance.

What do you think he means with "some will cry", "some will rejoice", etc?

Are they talking about the weapon nerf?

LordofPwn

Vexmythoclast is MINE! GOD DAMN YES!
got invited to hard mode atheon fight so my clan could try and cheese him, got the Mythoclast and legendary sparrow, and fatebringer...
SnYtXcy.gif
i even feel bad about how i got it.

Newboi

Man, It's incredibly annoying playing this game at lvl 24. You basically can't do anything cool until you're at least lvl 26. I've been stuck at lvl 24 forever playing the crucible and doing lvl 24 strikes to no avail for legendary armor. I tried playing the Iron Banner for awhile, but I haven't gotten anything amazing out of that either. I'm not sure if there's anything else I can do to make the process shorter...or at least more enjoyable.

Well I've had a nice few days. Managed rank 3 in iron banner and finally got all purple gear for my titan. Managed to buy from Xur for the first time and got the titan helm and then a badass exotic for a warlock from the Engram. Then got my first exotic bounty and snagged the invective and finally finished my first nightfall.

Also managed to get Timurs Lash.

RedFury

Rank 3? I struggled all of yesterday getting to even 2. Still need to win 2 matches to get there.

I can get best around non stop, but my backpack isn't big enough. Just losing non stop. It's sort of moronic I can play ALL day and A) No Timur's Lash or Ship B) Can't rank up at all if I lose. Even 5 points would be SOMETHING. Come on....
Timur's lash don't drop till your lvl2.

Daemul

Guys I was reading yesterday the Weekly Update and found this reply...

What do you think he means with "some will cry", "some will rejoice", etc?

Are they talking about the weapon nerf?

I've got a bad feeling....

Hopefully it's just a Mythoclast nerf

Iceman829

Man, It's incredibly annoying playing this game at lvl 24. You basically can't do anything cool until you're at least lvl 26. I've been stuck at lvl 24 forever playing the crucible and doing lvl 24 strikes to no avail for legendary armor. I tried playing the Iron Banner for awhile, but I haven't gotten anything amazing out of that either. I'm not sure if there's anything else I can do to make the process shorter...or at least more enjoyable.

Save up vanguard marks and buy legendary armor. Also, play the weekly strikes to save up strange coins to buy a piece of exotic armor from the only vendor that matters, Xur. Completing daily missions and public events will help you gather ascendant materials to rank up that gear once obtained. The 27-28 cap is much harder to push past as it requires raid drops and materials.

Played a few vanguard tigers this evening, got a purp, shadow price.

Finally have a purple AR, let's see how much I benefit over using scout and handcannons for a bit.

Didn't realise there was more than one type of Gauntlet you could get from the raid, are the beefy ones (Kabr's Defending Grasp) only attainable from Hard mode?

I already have Kabr's Brazen Grips.

Anyone know?

DesertFox

Well yeah exactly. So many people are just skipping to Atheon by just joining in off someone else's save.
This.

I think that it's cool Bungie offered such a sweet reward for players who manage to beat Atheon on hard (and survive RNG).

But the thing about humans is that we will always take the path of least resistance and cheat or cheese our way to something good. It also doesn't help that the thing is so godly in pvp.

Iceman829

Any normal mode raids going on tonight on xbox one?

I know a few people expressed wanting to set one up. GuitarAtomik was one of them. I think they were looking around 6pm PST/9 EST.

Hopefully the friend list issues from the October update are resolved by then or it might be hard to get one setup.

Bunta

Fujiwara Tofu Shop
I know man. I'm already 29 with one piece or the raid :) I need it because if you don't complete the normal mode you can't go in hard ( i suppose) .

You can jump straight into hard. In fact, you can run only hard and get loot for both hard and normal.

This.

I think that it's cool Bungie offered such a sweet reward for players who manage to beat Atheon on hard (and survive RNG).

But the thing about humans is that we will always take the path of least resistance and cheat or cheese our way to something good. It also doesn't help that the thing is so godly in pvp.

RNG is murdering me on hard atheon in terms of dropping what I want. :(

Hoodbury

You're "doing it wrong" if you are hoping for random drops to level your characters up. Work on getting one of the factions up to rank 2 and then just buy the armor from that factions vendor.

The OP of this OT has guides on this. This isn't like other loot based games. Vendor gear isn't trash, it is what you should be working towards getting. Random loot is just bonus or for deconstructing to get shards. Your armor to get light levels should be bought.

Korosenai

I know a few people expressed wanting to set one up. GuitarAtomik was one of them. I think they were looking around 6pm PST/9 EST.

Hopefully the friend list issues from the October update are resolved by then or it might be hard to get one setup.
Sounds good. Ill check back here if the friends app starts working.

Shiv47

I finally got to a point where I have all legendary armor with one exotic piece, but I'm finding it hard to muster up any enthusiasm for continuing to play, since I'm going to have to spend X number of hours farming for materials to upgrade my armor and weapons, just so I can do the raid, which then starts a new cycle of upgrading, assuming I am gifted with the right drops. The core gameplay has been good enough to keep me playing, but I think I've about hit the wall in terms of exhaustion with the game. Is the raiding worth struggling through farming?

I finally got to a point where I have all legendary armor with one exotic piece, but I'm finding it hard to muster up any enthusiasm for continuing to play, since I'm going to have to spend X number of hours farming for materials to upgrade my armor and weapons, just so I can do the raid, which then starts a new cycle of upgrading, assuming I am gifted with the right drops. The core gameplay has been good enough to keep me playing, but I think I've about hit the wall in terms of exhaustion with the game. Is the raiding worth struggling through farming?

We really need a way to exchange glimmer, or maybe even marks, for materials.

Bunta

Fujiwara Tofu Shop
I want to play!! Let me kill some poor souls with my shiny new Vex Mythocast!!!

I may not have Mythoclast, but at least I'm playing!

I'd rather have Mythoclast. :(

edit: Ok, I'm stuck at the rewards screen after an IB match. I can't go to orbit, all I can do is look at the different pages. NOW I HAVE NOTHING!!!!

DJ_Lae

Have you used Super Good Advice? You need to use Super Good Advice.

That thing is hilarious.

I'll occasionally run around like a madman just holding down the trigger, shooting at nothing in particular and see how long it takes for the clip to empty.

Rixxan

I would highly recommend experiencing vault of glass before you put down the game, its very fun and substantially different than anything else the game has to offer

Namikaze1

I may not have Mythoclast, but at least I'm playing!

I'd rather have Mythoclast. :(

edit: Ok, I'm stuck at the rewards screen after an IB match. I can't go to orbit, all I can do is look at the different pages. NOW I HAVE NOTHING!!!!
That's what you get for gloating!

i wish I was stuck I the rewards screen :(

Edit: I'M IN!!!

You need to play The Vault Of Glass at least once before you stop playing.

Bunta

Fujiwara Tofu Shop
That's what you get for gloating!

i wish I was stuck I the rewards screen :(

Edit: I'M IN!!!

Can you try sending me an invite? I can't open anything. :(
Of course I got the beowulf shader, and with my luck if I closed destiny I wouldn't have it in my inventory.

Bunta

Fujiwara Tofu Shop
Sure, let me just land on Mars. Last time I invited someone during a loading screen, it crashed for some reason.

It won't let me join, damnit. I have to be in orbit or on a planet. I guess I'll just close the game. Thanks for trying.

Oh hey, did you get a Vex Mythocast? Had no idea!

The same could be said for me except, "Do you have Vex Mythoclast yet?" since I complain so often. Also, I don't know if you saw my earlier post, but your bounty method worked for me, it could be coincidence, but just saying lol.

ocean

Banned

You're gonna be waiting for a long, long time if your strategy is gearing by waiting on drops. The best way to do it, and what I feel most people ended up accepting post cave-fiasco, is that progression is achieved by buying your stuff. Right now, your patrol missions, Public Events and Strikes are earning you Vanguard Reputation. Your Crucible matches are earning you Crucible Reputation. Once you're at Level 2 with either of them, you'll be able to buy their respective Legendary gear. Vanguard and Crucible Bounties earn you rep for each of those very quickly, too.

If you want to fast forward the Reputation grind, choose a Faction. By purchasing a Class Item from one of the Faction vendors (Future War Cult, New Monarchy, Dead Orbit), all your reputation - Vanguard AND Crucible - is funneled towards them. This way all your patrols, Strikes and Crucible matches add up to a single Rep instead of it being split between Vanguard and Crucible. Sadly, you can only use Crucible Marks to buy from them but you should have enough to get started with purchases by the time you hit Level 2.

Which Faction to chose? Each specializes their armor in two stats (out of the possible 3: Intellect, Discipline and Strength, which respectively reduce your cooldowns on Super, Grenades and Melee). Pick which combination best suits your play style. I favored my Super and Grenades recharging more quickly, so I went with Future War Cult.

Gauntlets, Chestpieces and Leg Armor are 65 Marks a piece, while Helmets are 120. 200 Marks (the maximum you can hold) are accruable if you earn the weekly limit of 100 twice. With that you can buy Legendary Gauntlets, Chestpiece and Leg Armor. You can then get an Exotic helmet from Xûr if you haven't already.

That's a progression path that isn't random, doesn't depend on sheer luck and one in which your progress is measurable. You know how far along you are and can estimate how much more time you need.

Now start funneling that rep into the faction of your choosing! Try and get as many bounties as you can, they're by far the best way to do this.

All I can say about post 20 is I am glad I geared up both my alts with Queens Gear when I could.

basically got them both to 24 without having to upgrade anything.

Ryuuga

Banned
Pretty high impact, what are the upgrades like? Any ammo ones?

-Precision kills increase reload
-Radar stays active ADS

-Reloading has a chance for a larger magazine
-Kills reduce grenade cooldown

-Kills grant bonus ammo to the mag
-One random bullet does more damage

Random? I played IB 4 hours and got shitted on

I got my first one a couple days back, then played maybe 3 rounds today and got 2.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom