• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT7| "In the Garden of Suros" by I. Ron Banner

Status
Not open for further replies.

commish

Jason Kidd murdered my dog in cold blood!
The same could be said for me except, "Do you have Vex Mythoclast yet?" since I complain so often. Also, I don't know if you saw my earlier post, but your bounty method worked for me, it could be coincidence, but just saying lol.

Hahah did it really? I wasn't kidding when I said that I received at least 15 of the exotic bounties. I've also had more luck with turning in emblems too using that method - try it out.

Bunta

Fujiwara Tofu Shop
Hahah did it really? I wasn't kidding when I said that I received at least 15 of the exotic bounties. I've also had more luck with turning in emblems too using that method - try it out.

Yep, my first try with 3-4 gave me a blue ship. The second time I turned in 3 and got an exotic bounty. It was the same one I've gotten 4 times, but still. I'll try turning in engrams like that too for sure.

PSN friends list functions any better?

Not sure, I just went to my list and it loaded right away. I haven't received any requests or messages, so I'm not sure if that still takes forever to show up sometimes.

Ont

Having a live NHL game running on side of the screen on Xbox One surely makes mundane Destiny grinding more enjoyable.

hydruxo

Yeah I just managed to get to orbit. It was booting me with the connection error after character select when I tried at lunch. So it might be working now.

Chamber

love on your sleeve
I got 2 of those and thunderlord playing IB. Thunderlord made me feel better about myself for having made it to level 3.

Another day, another exotic.
icsyEqkE5H3iL.png

D

Deleted member 752119

Unconfirmed Member
I'm really liking The Devil You Know and Ice Breaker combo in PVE. Took a while to get used to running with a hand cannon after using Auto Rifles (Shingen C, then Shingen E then Shadow Price) so far. But after a few days and having it mostly fully upgraded (need two energy for the final damage upgrade) it kicks ass. Ice Breaker is just awesome as I already used snipers a lot and not having to worry about secondary ammo is great when soloing the dailies on 28 as you can always hang back and snipe through most tough bits.

Yeah you'll have lines in your screen like you're going extra fast. You can see it in the gif that's posted right before he does the superman move.

What sucks is there is no indicator of how long you've got to use it before you return to just normal sprinting.

So many times I've gone to charge into somebody only to whiff a melee at nothing.

ocean

Banned
No more Hard Raid for me until at least a week or two from now. My weapons aren't well upgraded yet and I feel it makes an enormous difference. Being level 29 already places me at a disadvantage against the all-30 mobs. Once I get my Primary and Secondary weapons of choice for it (MIDA and Light/Beware for most of it) at 300 attack I feel I'll stand a better chance. I'm sitting on hundreds of Spinmetal, but all my good weapons need Spirit Bloom or Relic Iron, which I hate farming.

Until then, Normal Raid goodness for me :) My alt Sunsinger is almost ready so I think I'll get to run it twice this week.

Dante316

I'm really liking The Devil You Know and Ice Breaker combo in PVE. Took a while to get used to running with a hand cannon after using Auto Rifles (Shingen C, then Shingen E then Shadow Price) so far. But after a few days and having it mostly fully upgraded (need two energy for the final damage upgrade) it kicks ass. Ice Breaker is just awesome as I already used snipers a lot and not having to worry about secondary ammo is great when soloing the dailies on 28 as you can always hang back and snipe through most tough bits.

yep, its a nice combo I been using today.

Deku Tree

I really hope Xur sells the Vex Mithocast this weekend. At least that would even things out and we can stop talking about things being unbalanced.

Daemul

No more Hard Raid for me until at least a week or two from now. My weapons aren't well upgraded yet and I feel it makes an enormous difference. Being level 29 already places me at a disadvantage against the all-30 mobs. Once I get my Primary and Secondary weapons of choice for it (MIDA and Light/Beware for most of it) at 300 attack I feel I'll stand a better chance.

Until then, Normal Raid goodness for me :) My alt Sunsinger is almost ready so I think I'll get to run it twice this week.

As long as you have a 300 attack primary you'll more than pull your weight. Don't stress out about having your entire loadout be maxed out, it's not a requirement in beating hard mode. The ability to stay alive is far more important. Lord, it's amazing how many people find it impossible to stay alive longer than a minute.

EL CUCO

Not sure, I just went to my list and it loaded right away. I haven't received any requests or messages, so I'm not sure if that still takes forever to show up sometimes.

Thanks for the info! :D Hope they can fix it. It makes creating a Raid group impossible.

hydruxo

That's the exact combo I use. It works great.

X-Frame

Whaaaat .. a New Monarchy hand cannon?!

When are all these other faction weapons going to be going on sale? I don't understand why I've gotten 3 New Monarchy rocket launchers even though they don't sell a rocket launcher.

Is it to simply make going for Crucible and Vanguard rep more attractive? If each faction had the same amount of weapon selection as those 2 it'd make things a lot more interesting as far as which version to buy.

Daemul

I just don't want to go through that boring ass boss fight again

Yeah, I pretty much just Ice Breakered my way through it to get it over with ASAP, such a boring fight.

Who thought it was a good idea to make us fight the exact same enemy three times in a row as a final fight? Such a dumb idea.

Bunta

Fujiwara Tofu Shop
Well, there's one thing a couple of vex users couldn't beat. And that was my suros regime bugging and having normal fire rate but the ads damage increase. Yeah...lol

Exhumed

Went to popeyes and when I got back I was able to login? Anyone doing VoG anytime soon? I'm new to the raid but I'd love to learn 27 warlock! Ps4 Exhumed1

realcZk

How are we supposed to complete the hard raid when PSN is down? I'm trying to send our relic holder a PSN message telling him to cleanse me but it gets stuck on 80%. Also I can't send a PSN message to my party telling them which portal I got teleported in.

J-Rzez

Played a few vanguard tigers this evening, got a purp, shadow price.

Finally have a purple AR, let's see how much I benefit over using scout and handcannons for a bit.

I usually used handcannons in PvP and hold a 1.6kdr. When I pull out my shadow price for the bounties in there I often go 3+ kdr. They need to address them so people use other weapons like handcannons or pulse rifles. Add some variety.

On a side note. An equally skilled player with a Mythoclast will win every time and slightly lesser skilled will have at least equal odds to winfrom my observations.

I want to download atheon hardmode to hopefully get the helm so I can hit 30 finally more so than get that vex. But I wouldn't mind it just for the cool pew pew sounds lol.

Wtb hardmode atheon save point lol. Plz... Lol.

E92 M3

Well I didn't think he would ever sell the Ice Breaker but that happened.

Given all the people claiming other peoples Atheon saves, and then cheesing Atheon on Hard. It seems only right that Bungie let Xur sell the Vex Mithocast.

You'd think there are lot, but statistically I'd wager less than 5% of Destiny's population have the Vex.

Bunta

Fujiwara Tofu Shop
Well I didn't think he would ever sell the Ice Breaker but that happened.

Given all the people claiming other peoples Atheon saves, and then cheesing Atheon on Hard. It seems only right that Bungie let Xur sell the Vex Mithocast.

He's never going to sell it, lol.

ocean

Banned
Does the Vanguard class item work like a Faction's? As in, letting me raise its rep via Crucible? I'm not at 3 yet with Vanguard and it's such a chore without the Crucible boost :(

Sergoes

I really hope Xur sells the Vex Mithocast this weekend. At least that would even things out and we can stop talking about things being unbalanced.

I guarantee you that current raid gear will stay in the raids. The only time I could even see this happening would be if the next raid tier was out, and VoG became old content. Then I could see it as a way of getting people up to speed and ready for the new raid, if the requirements were higher than VoG.

Yaari

Are faction ranks shared between characters? I want to make an alt but would hate to go through that shit again.

Running out of content for a single character. As I don't do the VoG, that's one less thing to do, and Vanguard Tiger and Crucible in general don't feel rewarding when the only thing you can possibly get from them is Legendary Engram or Exotics at the end.

I'd rather do it with a new character that can still make progress from it.

ocean

Banned
Are faction ranks shared between characters? I want to make an alt but would hate to go through that shit again.

Running out of content for a single character. As I don't do the VoG, that's one less thing to do, and Vanguard Tiger and Crucible in general don't feel rewarding when the only thing you can possibly get from them is Legendary Engram or Exotics at the end.

I'd rather do it with a new character that can still make progress from it.
Suffering it right now. They start off at zero rep. Grinding FWC hard to push my Warlock to Raid-ready status.

Shiv47

We really need a way to exchange glimmer, or maybe even marks, for materials.

That would be acceptable.

I would highly recommend experiencing vault of glass before you put down the game, its very fun and substantially different than anything else the game has to offer

You need to play The Vault Of Glass at least once before you stop playing.

Yeah, I probably should...<goes to look up farming routes>

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom