• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT7| "In the Garden of Suros" by I. Ron Banner

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cruxist

Suffering it right now. They start off at zero rep. Grinding FWC hard to push my Warlock to Raid-ready status.

At least you don't really have to hit rank 3. 2 is enough for armor and you can just buy the guns on your main and put them in the vault.

neoism

A lot of weapons are retarded in PVP. Earlier today during a Rumble match everyone quit due to my Invective. I don't blame them. :p

A balance patch needs to out ASAP. And it needs to be something that creates a divide between PVE and PVP. I mean, you can't just downgrade shotguns for the whole game, since they're already fucking useless in PVE.

ok I really dont understand shottys in this gaem... WTF it takes 3 fucking shots from mine sometimes. and others with rares one shot me.. WTF whhhy is it soo bad. And they are getting nerfed..

what the fuck.

Ken

Eh, here's my personal opinion of the "play VoG before you drop the game" suggestions. I did VoG and I'm sticking around, but it's more because I now feel like I'm in this for as long as the 7 friends I ran with are (and continue to run with every week) rather than VoG itself being fun.

So yeah, it's just a nice way to spend a couple hours goofing off with friends more than some amazing display of Bungle's skill in encounter design withheld from the rest of the game.

If I was pugging week to week I don't think I'd bother.

Yaari

ok I really dont understand shottys in this gaem... WTF it takes 3 fucking shots from mine sometimes. and others with rares one shot me.. WTF whhhy is it soo bad. And they are getting nerfed..

what the fuck.

I had that issue until I got that Invective. But it really seems the only way you 1 shot someone is if you are pretty much within melee range and aim right at him.

I found them very underwhelming until I got the Invective. But a single Exotic obviosuly does not represent all of them.

RickD

Abandoned the exotic bounty for Thorn tonight because of the PvP bounty.
It's just so soul destroying, some of the maps are genuinely awful, the void damage requirement is a pain and then the fact i did 4 maps in a row and got just one engram the entire time just tipped it over the edge.
I've never even picked up a crucible Bounty, why am I forced to do the PvP? i know it's been mentioned before and i'm beating a dead horse, but If I wanted to play good PvP FPS i wouldn't be playing Destiny!

Lakitu

st5fu
Do we know what strike it will be for Nightfall tomorrow?

I also really want to do the Raid this week, but how much time should I allocate? Because as of right now I can only play a few hours uninterrupted during the night and that's when I have to keep my voice really low and whispery.

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
Well I didn't think he would ever sell the Ice Breaker but that happened.
...why not?

the mythoclast is a unique drop from the hard mode raid. xur isn't selling it.
Does the Vanguard class item work like a Faction's? As in, letting me raise its rep via Crucible? I'm not at 3 yet with Vanguard and it's such a chore without the Crucible boost :(
Your logic on boosting the rate of rep levelling by choosing a faction is sound, but I have to say I recommend getting vanguard to rank 3 before doing anything else. vanguard rank 3 is like permanent account access to the vanguard weapons and you earn vanguard marks essentially whether you want to or not.
Running out of content for a single character. As I don't do the VoG, that's one less thing to do
This isn't what you want to hear, but I don't really consider the game viable as a source of entertainment if playing one character primarily in PvE without doing the Vault of Glass, let alone the prospect of future raids. It is far and away the best-designed content and the progression system is entirely centered around completing it.

If you are simply refusing to do it outright, it isn't just "one less thing"; you're cutting off the game's ultimate source of repeatable PvE reward (in terms of both tangible reward and satisfaction).

Unless you'd say that you primarily enjoy the PvP, or are willing to reconsider that position, it may be time to cut your losses. :(

and Vanguard Tiger and Crucible in general don't feel rewarding when the only thing you can possibly get from them is Legendary Engram or Exotics at the end.
Those are random bonus rewards. The main thing you are getting from the content types mentioned is marks, which you can use to specifically get gear you want.

Ken

Do we know what strike it will be for Nightfall tomorrow?

I also really want to do the Raid this week, but how much time should I allocate? Because as of right now I can only play a few hours uninterrupted during the night and that's when I have to keep my voice really low and whispery.

Probably Devil's Lair?

Depends on how many experienced people are with you. Maybe 4-7 hours?

put me in the "bungie needs to drop what they're doing and fix the atheon cheese" camp.

shooting into a cave for blues and greens wasn't anywhere near the level of exploiting the game that this is. it's basically undermining the entire end-game right now.

sitting in the tower earlier and have gotten 3 separate invites asking for atheon hard checkpoint/cheese help. fuck off.

Ken

put me in the "bungie needs to drop what they're doing and fix the atheon cheese" camp.

shooting into a cave for blues and greens wasn't anywhere near the level of exploiting the game that this is. it's basically undermining the entire end-game right now.

sitting in the tower and have gotten 3 separate invites asking for hard raid checkpoint/cheese help. fuck off.

They're waiting on DeeJ to finish writing his Atheon fan fiction.

EL CUCO

sitting in the tower earlier and have gotten 3 separate invites asking for atheon hard checkpoint/cheese help. fuck off.

Sure you are...conveniently after you got your Vex Myth ;)

realcZk

Haha yeah, it's pretty crazy how popular it is now, but it makes sense. Should be a pretty simple patch you'd think. Teleport him back up or put an invisible wall around the edge that AI cant walk through or make him ignore grenades, or hard wipe if he dies before X phase. By the way, do you have the atheon hard checkpoint I could grab real quick?

*Splinter

Yeah I'm joining this camp too (despite arguing against it earlier). Almost everyone I raid with just cheeses everything now, even the parts they don't need to... and one of the worst players I know (who I sometimes avoid raiding with, since I've never seen a group that could carry him through the gatekeepers) now has the Mythoclast... lol. I know I shouldn't care, but he doesn't deserve that gun :p

ZangBa

They can fix the Atheon cheese if they let me skip the entire raid up until that point. He's the only boss that drops anything I want. I don't want to waste time going through the entire raid just to do the last boss, it's really a chore.

*Nightwing

Banned
Whooohoooo!!! Been lurking for a while now, and so much great advice and posts in these Destiny threads, for the most part, so i signed up just to post in the OT. Just wanted my first post to be in here! Despite all its flaws, I too love this game and have been unable to put it down yet. And thanks to all for the info, sharing, and advice in these OT's. Everything listed in the first post is amazingly useful and has made my playtime a lot more fun.

There's some really bad people running around crucible with the mythoclast. I don't want to assume they cheesed the raid but they probably did. We need to start a neogaf super team for the trials of osiris. I'm talking k/d over 2 k+a/d over 3. Currently I only have friends in real life, one is really good and the others make good cannon fodder.

The Iron Banner sucks. The only perceptible difference between regular Control and IB is it always starts me in an ongoing game on a shit team with a 1200 pt deficit.

realcZk

They're waiting on DeeJ to finish writing his Atheon fan fiction.

lol

Bungie Weekly Update - 10/13/2014

This week at Bungie, we've been looking at the Vault of Glass and checking out some of the strategies that the community has been developing over the past few weeks since Destiny's launch.

Like most of you, I had put a lot of effort into gearing up for the raid and I was eager to see how my level 21 Warlock would fare against Time's Conflux.

"No one takes me seriously because my light level is low", I mourned. I had hoped The Architects would hear my pleas and RNG would be in my favor as my fireteam stepped into the Vault of Ass Shards.

Suddenly, within seconds, Atheon was dead! "We won already?" I exclaimed into the mic. “That’s impossible!” gasped a member of my team who had worked on the Destiny AI. “DeeJ, you said the raid was the hardest experience that Bungie has created!”

The next day, some of the same questions were being whispered in our studio. One glance at our forum was enough to confirm that our concerns were being shared far and wide. Atheon could be defeated by two measly grenades!

Let me assure you this was not intended and we are very interested in your feedback.

So hold tight, Guardians. Atheon will likely play by different rules in the next DLC, coming December 2014.

- DeeJ

BadAss2961

Can you hook me up with a hard checkpoint?

Sure you are...conveniently after you got your Vex Myth ;)

i still think the weapon needs to be rebalanced, and i still want the raid rewards to be overhauled. both of those have contributed to these exploits either directly or indirectly.

but this is going to create a bigger problem that will sour the end-game before any of those changes come to pass. what's the point of grinding to level 29-30 and learning the raid mechanics if you can just as easily skip all of it and achieve the same thing?

someday

Banned
lol

Bungie Weekly Update - 10/13/2014

snip
Eh, there would have been at least a full paragraph or two before your first sentence. I'm not anti-Bungie or anti-Deej at all but his updates drive me crazy. I hate shit like that. Your update would actually be alright.

realcZk

Dear RNGesus,

Please give me my raid boots. That's all I need for 30. Thank you!

Sincerely,
Nami

Hey RNGesus, cZk here. Thing's aren't going so good over here either. Been dealing with a low light level for quite some time now... I hope you can hear me, if you're out there. I could really use you right now. Just show me a sign... preferably in the form of raid gloves.

Your biggest fan,
cZk

BigAl1992

I'm going to ask a serious question here that I want an honest answer to; Has anyone been suffering from lag in Destiny, especially in the Crucible? (PS4, Ireland) Because, I've just after playing two games in the iron banner, where it became completely unplayable because of it. I even recorded the second to see what the hell was going on.

forrest

formerly nacire
Hi all, looking to get my feet wet in the VoG. I have a level 27 Hunter, headset and loosely know the encounters from YouTube vids.

Forrest_Crump

PS3

If this isn't the best place to ask can someone point me in the right direction, thanks!

Reule

Wish I had more legendary gear for my warlock. When my Titan hit 20, I had a full set of weapons and armor for him that I found on my Hunter. All I have for my warlock is an exotic helmet and some legendary gauntlets. Still, playing as warlock has been pretty fun. Can't wait to run the raid three times a week, haha.

Speaking of which! Anyone need someone for the raid on Hard? Need a group. I'd like to get it done before the reset. If you have a group and don't want to do the whole thing, I have a checkpoint at the Gatekeepers.

PSN: Reule
Level 29, Gunslinger.

does it have the field scout perk? if so...

8fb17d9e-2076-4476-8902-3a8fb39f2ef8.gif

fast reload on kill and kills give grenade energy which is a perk I really like for a warlock.

No increased ammo so the clip is only 25 big but I can get over penetrating rounds.

A_Gorilla

Banned
So one of my bounties is to kill 3 or more enemies with a single sniper bullet 20 times.

...Any tips on how to pull this off?

My lord I swear more than half the population that plays iron banner suck. Just AWFUL players.

On the plus side, it made it VERY easy to get the "be the top scorer in the entire match" bounty.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom