• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT7| "In the Garden of Suros" by I. Ron Banner

Status
Not open for further replies.

EL CUCO

Can you hook me up with a hard checkpoint?
dnRTtMG.jpg

My lord I swear more than half the population that plays iron banner suck. Just AWFUL players.
Always on my team. And I'm always up against people who are actually communicating. Playing with randoms in IB is making me saltier than any fighting game ever could. Never had it this bad playing randoms in regular Control.

Probably Devil's Lair?

Depends on how many experienced people are with you. Maybe 4-7 hours?

If you're raiding with experienced people and it is taking 4-7 hours, something is wrong.

Ran it last week with 4 experienced people (including myself) and 2 guys who hadn't done it. Didn't take us much longer than an hour fifteen maybe?

The raid is actually quite short once everybody understands the mechanics. It simply becomes a game of execution.

kidko

lol

Bungie Weekly Update - 10/13/2014

This week at Bungie, we've been looking at the Vault of Glass and checking out some of the strategies that the community has been developing over the past few weeks since Destiny's launch.

Like most of you, I had put a lot of effort into gearing up for the raid and I was eager to see how my level 21 Warlock would fare against Time's Conflux.

"No one takes me seriously because my light level is low", I mourned. I had hoped The Architects would hear my pleas and RNG would be in my favor as my fireteam stepped into the Vault of Ass Shards.

Suddenly, within seconds, Atheon was dead! "We won already?" I exclaimed into the mic. “That’s impossible!” gasped a member of my team who had worked on the Destiny AI. “DeeJ, you said the raid was the hardest experience that Bungie has created!”

The next day, some of the same questions were being whispered in our studio. One glance at our forum was enough to confirm that our concerns were being shared far and wide. Atheon could be defeated by two measly grenades!

Let me assure you this was not intended and we are very interested in your feedback.

So hold tight, Guardians. Atheon will likely play by different rules in the next DLC, coming December 2014.

- DeeJ

Hah! Nailed his voice for sure.

nowai

They can fix the Atheon cheese if they let me skip the entire raid up until that point. He's the only boss that drops anything I want. I don't want to waste time going through the entire raid just to do the last boss, it's really a chore.

You were never much of an MMO player I take it?

Fighting only Atheon is like eating your dessert before dinner!

PS, the DeeJ updates drive me crazy. His bad jokes and mindless drivel are painful to read through for one line of actual update.

"Atheon is not working as intended, but we are not going to hotfix it. Instead we are going to wait until the December DLC to fix it, at which point it will be pointless because everyone will already have the Mythocast."

gg

EDIT: HAHA well done realcZk! I totally thought that was a real DeeJ post you were pasting in. Nailed him perfectly.

Magik

Always on my team. And I'm always up against people who are actually communicating. Playing with randoms in IB is making me saltier than any fighting game ever could. Never had it this bad playing randoms in regular Control.
It's these same AWFUL players that get the rewards at the end as well. I'm so sick of iron banner. If it weren't for the bounties I wouldn't even touch it

put me in the "bungie needs to drop what they're doing and fix the atheon cheese" camp.

shooting into a cave for blues and greens wasn't anywhere near the level of exploiting the game that this is. it's basically undermining the entire end-game right now.

sitting in the tower earlier and have gotten 3 separate invites asking for atheon hard checkpoint/cheese help. fuck off.

You're not forced to do it. You can still kill Atheon the original way.

It's these same AWFUL players that get the rewards at the end as well. I'm so sick of iron banner. If it weren't for the bounties I wouldn't even touch it
I don't get salty over the reward distro unlike every other person who plays, I just wish matchmaking were more balanced. Stop putting me against teams that are actually communicating, they should be matched with other people who are communicating. I have a hard time believing there's no other teams of randoms to be matched with.

Also, the level advantages do nothing... its a fucking joke through and through.

Hyun Sai

put me in the "bungie needs to drop what they're doing and fix the atheon cheese" camp.

shooting into a cave for blues and greens wasn't anywhere near the level of exploiting the game that this is. it's basically undermining the entire end-game right now.

sitting in the tower earlier and have gotten 3 separate invites asking for atheon hard checkpoint/cheese help. fuck off.

I couldn't agree more. I'm starting to get very irritated by all the invites I receive as a 29 Warlock. People who only want the Mythoclast to show off in PVP with a broken weapon. Disgusting.

Related to this issue with cheesing the last boss reminds me of an incident I was apart if in Blizzard's WoW.

http://wow.joystiq.com/2014/04/25/wow-archivist-the-martin-fury-incident-friday/

Completely harmless we thought but when we came out of Ulduar with server first and all this other shit. People went NUTS. Most of us were banned for 3 days. Our guild leader for life. Shit was hilarious in the moment and I love sharing the story because I don't think anything will happen like it again and I regret nothing.

We mind fucked so many people using a one shot kill with randoms in different raids. Shit was a riot.

Also, on the topic of cheesing Atheon, what if they just had a condition where if Atheon took massive damage in one shot(i.e. falling to his doom and/or getting into a relationship) then the Vex Mythoclast/other Hard Raid loot wouldn't drop?

Now that I have Mythoclast, I can safely say its not any better than Hawkmoon. Seriously, if you guys think its broken, you better hope people don't catch on to Hawkmoon and hand cannons in general. I haven't upgraded it fully yet, but so far Mytho seems like its for scrubs who can't aim.

BokehKing

Banned

There is other things they can fix first, cheesing aethon I don't care about, I beat him X amount of times already, not like I cheese any other part of the raid

or... Did I?

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
Also, on the topic of cheesing Atheon, what if they just had a condition where if Atheon took massive damage in one shot(i.e. falling to his doom and/or getting into a relationship) then the Vex Mythoclast/other Hard Raid loot wouldn't drop?
Sounds like the easiest method of patching it to me. Funny and/or.

Wow, back to back legendary primary weapons form the Vanguard skill ups on two of my characters.

For hitting lv 4 on the hunter I got a 'A.1F19X-RYL' Scout rifle, which was actually pretty hard hitting and a nice upgrade for my titan, who had a crummy blue AR/pulse rifle setup.

For hitting lv 3 on my titan, I got a 'the devil you know' hand cannon, which found a home on my hunter. Combined with chain of woe, it's pretty devastating so far, really like it.

Now to get a legendary for the lock and i'll be in nice shape overall.

i want players to work together and beat the raid by mastering its mechanics and then be appropriately, consistently rewarded based on their effort.
Then just have a sort of condition where if Atheon takes massive damage in one instance then the Vex Mythoclast/other Hard Raid loot won't drop

Bungie really needs to come up with an alternate way to earn materials. I know I've complained about this game before, but farming for materials is honestly one of the major things that can potentially turn me off this game.

I don't mind buying Legendaries. I don't mind replaying the same Strikes over and over again, as I find them fun. I don't care that I'm currently still a level 26 and haven't experienced the Raid or Nightfall yet. But I will not run around a map for hours collecting materials to upgrade my gear.

Alternatives that I can think of.

• Have materials be automatically rewarded after every mission on a specific planet.
  • When harvesting materials, have them reward you with multiple materials instead of just one.
  • Have Strikes award you ten or so materials each time you complete them.
  • The ability to buy materials in the tower (let's just say 5000 glimmer per 16 materials. I think that's fair. Basically it becomes 5000 Glimmer per defense upgrade).
I really, really think that this is a major issue that they need to be fixed. Award me for playing your game's content and missions, Bungie.

I'm going to ask a serious question here that I want an honest answer to; Has anyone been suffering from lag in Destiny, especially in the Crucible? (PS4, Ireland) Because, I've just after playing two games in the iron banner, where it became completely unplayable because of it. I even recorded the second to see what the hell was going on.

Lag is pretty common in Destinty, but I've never experienced anything as bad as you're describing.

CornDogg

Just make him teleport back up if he falls.

The Atheon cheese is kind of bumming me out, for some reason. Finally got to 29 with a maxed primary weapon (and three straight weeks of no raid armor drops) and there's suddenly a super easy way to finish it. Guess I'll still see if I can find a group to run it before the reset, disappointing it'll end with a wet fart.

CornDogg

We'd have the problem of people dying from laughing at the ridiculous situations that would arise from that method

What kind of ridiculous situations? He's not prone to falling without the cheese, right? Unless I'm not considering something, at worst he teleport back up after a cheese attempt and murders everyone that's standing in his spawn area.

Is the Gunner st the tower not selling Rare guns anymore? I havent seen any in 3 days and i check frequently
I saw a Shingen-E earlier this morning, so it seems he's still selling rares
Bungie really needs to come up with an alternate way to earn materials. I know I've complained about this game before, but farming for materials is honestly one of the major things that can potentially turn me off this game.

I don't mind buying Legendaries. I don't mind replaying the same Strikes over and over again, as I find them fun. I don't care that I'm currently still a level 26 and haven't experienced the Raid or Nightfall yet. But I will not run around a map for hours collecting materials to upgrade my gear.

Alternatives that I can think of.

• Have materials be automatically rewarded after every mission on a specific planet.
  • When harvesting materials, have them reward you with multiple materials instead of just one.
  • Have Strikes award you ten or so materials each time you complete them.
  • The ability to buy materials in the tower (let's just say 5000 glimmer per 16 materials. I think that's fair. Basically it becomes 5000 Glimmer per defense upgrade).
I really, really think that this is a major issue that they need to be fixed. Award me for playing your game's content and missions, Bungie.

Lag is pretty common in Destinty, but I've never experienced anything as bad as you're describing.
I agree. i hate gathering materials so so so so much. I have enough ascendant energy to fully upgrade like 6 legendaries/exotics, but I need helium so bad and I just can't be bothered to go gather it. It fucking sucks. I need to find a good helium route though, and that would make it slightly less painful.

ocean

Banned
Your logic on boosting the rate of rep levelling by choosing a faction is sound, but I have to say I recommend getting vanguard to rank 3 before doing anything else. vanguard rank 3 is like permanent account access to the vanguard weapons and you earn vanguard marks essentially whether you want to or not.
Closing in on Level 3 with my main (never attached Factions on him; Crucible rank 6 I think with Vanguard still at 2 :p), but no need to Level 3 Vanguard on alts too I think. It's more efficient for alts to get a Faction ASAP so they can gear up fast imo. Once I get FWC at 2 for my gear I'll go back to earning Vanguard and Crucible like on my main.

blackflag

Played a few vanguard tigers this evening, got a purp, shadow price.

Finally have a purple AR, let's see how much I benefit over using scout and handcannons for a bit.

In PVE they don't outclass handcannons imo but definitely scout rifles. Scout rifles need a serious buff. I want to use my Mida

if you were trying to do the raid legit and he fell off tying his shoes or something youd be pissed and have to do the raid all over again

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom