• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT7| "In the Garden of Suros" by I. Ron Banner

Status
Not open for further replies.

DesertFox

So one of my bounties is to kill 3 or more enemies with a single sniper bullet 20 times.

...Any tips on how to pull this off?

On the plus side, it made it VERY easy to get the "be the top scorer in the entire match" bounty.

Is this an Iron Banner bounty? It sure sounds like something that would be since those IB bounties can be a real troll sometimes...

Kill a female Exo Warlock whilst she is at the height of her double jump with a sniper headshot while you are also at the height of your double jump..... 50 times.
Iron Banner Reputation +10
Experience + 50

Chamber

love on your sleeve
I saw a Shingen-E earlier this morning, so it seems he's still selling rares

I agree. i hate gathering materials so so so so much. I have enough ascendant energy to fully upgrade like 6 legendaries/exotics, but I need helium so bad and I just can't be bothered to go gather it. It fucking sucks. I need to find a good helium route though, and that would make it slightly less painful.

It's painful even with a good route. The material farming just sucks, no other way to cut it.

lunlunqq

I had my first encounter with the infamous mythoclast yesterday in IB. It wasn't as bad as I thought. He did win more confrontations, but not overwhelmingly so. My Suros rocked him plenty of times, too, even when it's a head-to-head encounter. Guess he was just lucky with RNG, not a good player at all. Our team won 2 out of the 3 against his team.

ocean

Banned
Bungie really needs to come up with an alternate way to earn materials. I know I've complained about this game before, but farming for materials is honestly one of the major things that can potentially turn me off this game.

I don't mind buying Legendaries. I don't mind replaying the same Strikes over and over again, as I find them fun. I don't care that I'm currently still a level 26 and haven't experienced the Raid or Nightfall yet. But I will not run around a map for hours collecting materials to upgrade my gear.

Alternatives that I can think of.

• Have materials be automatically rewarded after every mission on a specific planet.
  • When harvesting materials, have them reward you with multiple materials instead of just one.
  • Have Strikes award you ten or so materials each time you complete them.
  • The ability to buy materials in the tower (let's just say 5000 glimmer per 16 materials. I think that's fair. Basically it becomes 5000 Glimmer per defense upgrade).
I really, really think that this is a major issue that they need to be fixed. Award me for playing your game's content and missions, Bungie.

Lag is pretty common in Destinty, but I've never experienced anything as bad as you're describing.

I'd pay for mats in any currency. Marks, coins, motes, glimmer, whatever. Just give us an alternative to running around planets looking for plants and minerals, it's worse than Mass Effect's whack-a-mole system.

darthbob

game's not letting me log in and i'm getting this message:

tumblr_inline_ndeb11wEpK1r3825d.png

i'm starting to get worried :/

This worked for me.

Close Destiny, test your network connection (ensure PSN sign in is successful, if not you'll need to wait until it comes back), relaunch Destiny.

It's painful even with a good route. The material farming just sucks, no other way to cut it.

Yeah this. Especially because the best routes are the ones everybody uses, so going to into patrol and having like 2-3 other guys there doing the route is a pain because not everybody is following the same order so if you decide to leave a chest until the end of the route and another guy is going for it, say goodbye to that chest.

Only route I've seen that is pretty damn consistent with materials and chests is the spirit bloom route/circle in Venus. Plenty of caves and spawn locations for caves.

zlatko

Banned
I wish someone would actually GIVE up the hard raid final boss atheon check point out haha.

I tried my hand on destinylfg.net and on here for a long while to no avail. I got one group of all 29's to attempt the hard raid, and two guys kept dying nonstop on the templar first part for a solid hour. Whomp whomp.

I'm fine doing atheon legit on hard or getting the check point. I don't care. I just want a mythoclast so I too can be broken in MP. I already often land in first or 2nd place---with that thing I'd become Sword of a Thousand Truths hard to kill in Crucible.

lunlunqq

In PVE they don't outclass handcannons imo but definitely scout rifles. Scout rifles need a serious buff. I want to use my Mida

Yup, I think scout rifles make handcannon-level of damage at mid/long distance. Right now they just don't make big enough of an impact.

jeffc919

I don't get salty over the reward distro unlike every other person who plays, I just wish matchmaking were more balanced. Stop putting me against teams that are actually communicating, they should be matched with other people who are communicating. I have a hard time believing there's no other teams of randoms to be matched with.

Also, the level advantages do nothing... its a fucking joke through and through.

Game really needs a no-fireteams / no-parties option.

zlatko

Banned
Scouts blow, and it stinks since they are my favorite kind of a weapon in shooters.

Idk how to buff them... faster fire rates would help, but even then auto R's just destroy so quickly.

Seems only way is to nerf Auto R's to bring up the Scouts?

R0ckman

In PVE they don't outclass handcannons imo but definitely scout rifles. Scout rifles need a serious buff. I want to use my Mida

Is it really that, are that people don't know how to use them? When I use the MIDA in PvP people seem to have a hard time dealing with it at long range, like snipers and such. Because I see that they mostly just need to nerf AR and ShotGuns.

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
Closing in on Level 3 with my main (never attached Factions on him; Crucible rank 6 I think with Vanguard still at 2 :p), but no need to Level 3 Vanguard on alts too I think. It's more efficient for alts to get a Faction ASAP so they can gear up fast imo. Once I get FWC at 2 for my gear I'll go back to earning Vanguard and Crucible like on my main.
ya, I mean on your main

Thanks for the help my friend.
no prob, send Hawkian a psn message at our after 9 and I'll hop on
If you need a third to help out just shout out :) You've helped me before, wouldn't mind helping you help others.
Awesome, love it :D

Can Thorn be gotten by other means besides bounties?
I really don't think i can do the 500 void kills in the Crucible. I been in 20 or so matches and the highest i have gotten is 26 and now i'm back down to 6 :(

Yaari

Scouts blow, and it stinks since they are my favorite kind of a weapon in shooters.

Idk how to buff them... faster fire rates would help, but even then auto R's just destroy so quickly.

Yeah agree, good luck doing anything once an AR is shooting at you. I like Scout rifles more aswell, it seems a case of ARs just being way too strong, and the stability on them is the main case.

Why would anyone go doing single shots with a scout when you can release a streak of bullets with almost zero recoil? You can put that cursor on your enemy and never have to re-aim because he is already dead.

Scouts would have to become 2-3 hit kills if they were to actually compete with ARs. Because I doubt you even have the time to land 4 shots before an AR kills you.

Xamdou

AR's got some ridiculous far range damage, glad their nerfing it but what exactly about it they limiting? Also will snipers get a buff?

lunlunqq

Is it really that, are that people don't know how to use them? When I use the MIDA in PvP people seem to have a hard time dealing with it at long range, like snipers and such. Because I see that they mostly just need to nerf AR and ShotGuns.

No. Nerfing other guns will just piss off another group of players. It won't solve the problem with SR's.

The issue is that they are stuck in between AR's and Handcannons.

You have the impact close to a HC, but not as strong. Range should be bigger than an AR. The way I see it anything that requires you to press the trigger over and over again should do more damage. Hand cannons should do more damage at short/mid range but at mid/long range a scout rifle should be the choice in the mains. AR's currently have too much dps and range.

The way to fix it, probably, is the way Bungie is going to do it by reducing range/stability of AR and increasing impact/damage of scout rifles. Unfortunately there are two issues:

1. This is Bungie. Prior to this game that would have meant "be confident they will do it right", but after Destiny I have little to no confidence in them.

2. Suros, which is largely what's used now, has a stability/range upgrade. So unless they plan to also mess with that it'll do little to fix the issue

Namikaze1

Since we're begging for raid checkpoints:

Anybody got a hard raid checkpoint after the 3 conflux part on PS4? I'm tired of doing them over and over and over again.

Nobody here need to kill Xyor? :(

I would love to!. except I cant do the PVP part for the fucking life of me. I am pretty bad at this game it would seem. thinking about dropping the bounty. and maybe bou nties all together. is there a point to them after 28? exp for gear but you get than on tigers anyway. IDK

Ken

If you're raiding with experienced people and it is taking 4-7 hours, something is wrong.

Ran it last week with 4 experienced people (including myself) and 2 guys who hadn't done it. Didn't take us much longer than an hour fifteen maybe?

The raid is actually quite short once everybody understands the mechanics. It simply becomes a game of execution.

If you can go back in time and get me my 2.5 hours back then that'd be great. Thanks!

Since scout rifles seem to be considered underpowered, what's the consensus on Vision of Confluence for raiding? Is it noticeably weaker than other stuff? I'm heading into hard mode tonight, would suck if I spent all that time leveling a crappy weapon.

kidko

It'd be cool if you could put up items as rewards to entice others to run missions with you.

Instead of some rando begging you to do their nightfall with them, they could offer you a stack of 16 moon mats, which you would receive as reward upon completing the nightfall with them.

I would love to!. except I cant do the PVP part for the fucking life of me. I am pretty bad at this game it would seem. thinking about dropping the bounty. and maybe bou nties all together. is there a point to them after 28? exp for gear but you get than on tigers anyway. IDK

I'm on the same boat that bounty is too much for me. I know the Thorn is not so good but who knows how it will be when they buff it. I also don't want to abandon it since it took a long time to get an Exotic Bounty.

Story mode is terrible which is why I refuse to level up my alts, not doing that grind again from the beginning.

Leveling up 1 alt, I thought I would use all of my 3 character spots but I just can't. I try to get my girlfriend to play the story for me but she says it is boring and sucks. . god. She is willing to play Watch Dogs and Infamous SS over and over 10x but not Destiny once. .

Related to this issue with cheesing the last boss reminds me of an incident I was apart if in Blizzard's WoW.

http://wow.joystiq.com/2014/04/25/wow-archivist-the-martin-fury-incident-friday/

Completely harmless we thought but when we came out of Ulduar with server first and all this other shit. People went NUTS. Most of us were banned for 3 days. Our guild leader for life. Shit was hilarious in the moment and I love sharing the story because I don't think anything will happen like it again and I regret nothing.

We mind fucked so many people using a one shot kill with randoms in different raids. Shit was a riot.

I remember this when it happened. We were trying to get server/world first too at the time.

Shit was a riot.

Bungie really needs to come up with an alternate way to earn materials. I know I've complained about this game before, but farming for materials is honestly one of the major things that can potentially turn me off this game.

I don't mind buying Legendaries. I don't mind replaying the same Strikes over and over again, as I find them fun. I don't care that I'm currently still a level 26 and haven't experienced the Raid or Nightfall yet. But I will not run around a map for hours collecting materials to upgrade my gear.

Alternatives that I can think of.

• Have materials be automatically rewarded after every mission on a specific planet.
  • When harvesting materials, have them reward you with multiple materials instead of just one.
  • Have Strikes award you ten or so materials each time you complete them.
  • The ability to buy materials in the tower (let's just say 5000 glimmer per 16 materials. I think that's fair. Basically it becomes 5000 Glimmer per defense upgrade).
I really, really think that this is a major issue that they need to be fixed. Award me for playing your game's content and missions, Bungie.

Lag is pretty common in Destinty, but I've never experienced anything as bad as you're describing.

I like this.

I will admit though about 30mins or so of harvesting usually gets me what I need at the time.

realcZk

Looking for two more for VoG hard before reset. We are at the gatekeeper. Have three 29s and a 30, looking for anyone 29+ with experience. Psn is bytestyle

EL CUCO

Yeah it sucks. Thanks anyways! :D
I do! I will be playing in 3 hours. If that's not too long, hit me up!

PS4: TheJer

Kinda late but I'll add you incase nobody else has popped up.

void666

Banned
Need one more event to finish the bounty. Sit there waiting. Defeat extraction crew. Cool. That's easy. Defeat first wave Then second wave. Then... disconected....

Now i'm waiting for the divide event, the fallen walker. But this one never works for me.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom