• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT7| "In the Garden of Suros" by I. Ron Banner

Status
Not open for further replies.

Namikaze1

I'm after the gorgon maze. The place with the portals.

Edit: Sorry. It's on normal mode.
Ehh. Still wouldn't take it. I need the rewards from Templar, Gorgon Chests, and Gatekeepers on my alt.

Wait!
Do you get rewards from Conflux phase or Oracle phase? I know it's one of the two I just can't recall which one. Of its the former, I'll have to suck it up and try again till I finally pass the part.

realcZk

Ehh. Still wouldn't take it. I need the rewards from Templar, Gorgon Chests, and Gatekeepers on my alt.

Wait!
Do you get rewards from Conflux phase or Oracle phase? I know it's one of the two I just can't recall which one. Of its the former, I'll have to suck it up and try again till I finally pass the part.
We need two more for VoG hard, at gatekeeper. Psn is bytestyle

Bossun

Yay almost warlock 26.
Still feel like I'm doing something wrong with this game.
Level 26 and I only have vanguard rep level 2, and crucible is 0 (I don't really like pvp in this game, too much OS, or I just have too much lag which make it seems I get OS even by scout rifles...).

Still haven't seen any exotic at all, but today was the first day I got and saw a legendary engram....
Though I did get 3 legendary weapons and a legendary torso armor from rare engram.
I got Light/beware today, try it, seems fun. And cryptic dragon.

Until now my main weapon was BAD SEED DOWN (sometimes good, sometimes crappy) and LAST BOSS which is a pretty sweet sniper.

And still not enough currency for xur. I should look into farming method I think...

Also I play mostly alone which make it hard, especially work for weekly non-matchmaking stuff.
So if you want someone to play with (I spend a lot of time on the game) just add me :
PS4 psn : Wdungww

ffman

Unconfirmed Member
Can Thorn be gotten by other means besides bounties?
I really don't think i can do the 500 void kills in the Crucible. I been in 20 or so matches and the highest i have gotten is 26 and now i'm back down to 6 :(

I used a Void fusion rifle. It took me maybe 10 matches. If you find yourself in a challenging lobby don't be afraid to back out and get into a new one. Try a mode like Control - sometimes other players are more concerned with taking a base instead of killing you.

milkham

hey i got a question on raid gear, is there any variation on the bonuses? i have gotten only one piece for my warlock and the bonus is carrying more ammo for hand cannons, is it always going to be hand cannons?

ocean

Banned
hey i got a question on raid gear, is there any variation on the bonuses? i have gotten only one piece for my warlock and the bonus is carrying more ammo for hand cannons, is it always going to be hand cannons?

Everyone I've inspected has the same perks, but I have seen variations on the stats. Light and Defense obviously stay the same, but the other attributes (Discipline, Intellect, Strength) can vary according to my very limited observations.

panda-zebra

My Warlock gloves have special reload speed and malee hots replenish grenades, chest carry more ammo specials and scouts, helmet grenade throw distance and more super energy from non-guardian kills.

had to happen

firehawk12

Subete no aware
Wow, they took out the one good thing about the Pocket Infinity. lol

Thanks a lot PVP players... now I have no reason to use this thing at all. :p

HighOnPCP

Beat normal mode raid today with friends and I got some awesome stuff at the end:

Bz1_SngIMAA5ri5.jpg:orig

Also does anybody have a savegame on Atheon on hardmode? I'm not feeling proud but I'd like to cheese him before it resets tomorrow. If someone has it saved at that checkpoint on PS4 it'd be awesome if I could just join your game real quick afterwards I'll leave.

Also don't know if PSN is working again so as soon as it works again I'd be down to do it.

Add me if you can help me out, thanks in advance

PSN: HighOnPCP

darthbob

Highlights of tomorrow's patch (for me anyway):

• Fixed a bug where the Valkyrie-O5X Ship was the same as the Aurora Lance
  • Auto Rifles
    Base Damage decreased by 2%
    Reduced Precision Damage multiplier from 1.50 -> 1.25 (head shot bonus)
    Stability decreased by 4% - 17% (driven by stat value)
  • Hand Cannons
    In-air accuracy now increased
  • Scout Rifles
    Base damage increased by 6%
    Damage vs. Combatants increased by 6% - 25% (based on tier)
    Improved target acquisition, plus additional recoil tuning.
  • Vex Mythoclast
    Base Damage decreased by 34%
    Increased Precision Damage multiplier from 1.25 -> 1.50 (headshot bonus)
  • Raid - Vault of Glass
    Templar Encounter
    Kill volume added to sniper platforms to prevent players from sitting on top of them

So what would you guys recommend for higher level PvE, a Shadow Price (which I bought from the vendor, with persistence & life support perks) or a Crypt Dweller scout rifle with final round (last round does bonus damage) and firefly (precision kills cause target to explode)? Crypt Dweller has a really high reload, not great impact, if that makes a difference. I've mainly been using ARs, but when I got my first legendary primary (the Shadow Price), I got 2 more soon after (also got a pulse rifle, but I don't think those are great?). The scout rifle seems like it has better perks, but I haven't used enough scout rifles to really know if what's a good one and what isn't.

JNA

Banned
Yes Scout Rifles finally get the buff they deserve! My main Scout Rifle with Solar damage I got from a raid is gonna be amazing! :D

So there are strikes that people really don't want to do, aren't there? I seem to have like a 25% chance of actually doing a strike lately between people afking and people bouncing when they see its something they don't like.

darthbob

Not precisely sure how of a hit that gives to AR, especially since there are some that already have really high stability. 2% less damage? 4~14% less stability? We'll see. Maybe the full balance patch will address things further. Interested in trying a scout rifle though, I'm not even sure if I have any decent ones.

Even a little change can cause a drastic change. By modifying the base damage stat across all ARs it can effectively increase the Time-to-Kill, giving the receiving player the advantage of being able to try to counter.

We'll see how it works tomorrow.

Not precisely sure how of a hit that gives to AR, especially since there are some that already have really high stability. 2% less damage? 4~14% less stability? We'll see. Maybe the full balance patch will address things further. Interested in trying a scout rifle though, I'm not even sure if I have any decent ones.

scouts have always been good at medium to long range (with the right scope attached) and on headshots, but their body shot damage has always been a little weak, this should fix that.

So there are strikes that people really don't want to do, aren't there? I seem to have like a 25% chance of actually doing a strike lately between people afking and people bouncing when they see its something they don't like.

If I ever get the mars strike with the tank boss and the bullet sponge captain at the end, people always quit on me.

"Pocket Infinity
Enhanced Battery Perk has now been replaced with the Speed Reload Perk"

Damn it. Didn't even have a chance to level it before it gets nerfed.

Ardenyal

The headshot multiplier drop will hit the laser pointer ARs the most. I think this change seems good, at least on paper.

Namikaze1

-__-
They nerfed Vex Mythocast...
Fuck this shit! I could take a 10% base damage decrease or even a 15% but 34%
Really, Bungie? Really?

Edit: THEY NERFED POCKET INFINITY AS WELL?!

JNA

Banned
However there is one part of the update that I don't see people talking about here:

Raid - Vault of Glass
Templar Encounter
Kill volume added to sniper platforms to prevent players from sitting on top of them
Relic is now removed and respawned if the holder leaves the playable area.

Bungie making us play the game there way confirmed.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom