• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT7| "In the Garden of Suros" by I. Ron Banner

Status
Not open for further replies.

ocean

Banned
Raid - Vault of Glass
Templar Encounter
Kill volume added to sniper platforms to prevent players from sitting on top of them

Interesting they didn't touch Atheon though; Bungie is OK with cheese confirmed.

Juraash

Really love the buff that Scout Rifles are getting. Not too shocked about the Mythoclast nerfs but I was a little surprised to seem them change Pocket Infinity. I didn't see nearly as many complaints about that one.

JHall

However there is one part of the update that I don't see people talking about here:

Bungie making us play the game there way confirmed.

People who have played a Bungie game before should be used to this. It's always been Bungie's way or the highway.

_woLf

Stability changes on auto rifles really worry me since my Atheon auto rifle already was very shaky. Combine that with the pretty heavy crit damage nerf and it may be pretty useless compared to other more stable auto rifles :(

Also that vex mythoclast nerf, that thing is just straight up useless now. Sad that they're fixing the templar easy method but not the Atheon cheese method..

darthbob

Atheon cheese strat nerf soon.

QgfvPyx.png

squidyj

"Increased Precision Damage multiplier from 1.25 -> 1.50 (headshot bonus)"

Aim for their belly.

okay...

before a vex mytho did 100% damage with a 1.25 multiplier on 'crit' for 125% damage

now it does 66% damage with a 1.5 multiplier for 99% damage on crit

99% is still 21% less damage than 125%
125% is still 26% more damage than 99%.

Juraash

I'm honestly kind of glad they're getting rid of raid cheese. Cheese is boring.

I haven't done the raid yet, but I'm kinda with you on this one, at least for the raid. I just wonder how long it'll be before they tweak the cheese spots in strikes so you can't reliably solo Nightfall content.

E92 M3

I am unhappy they just straight up nerfed the Vex for PVE. What's the point of having a secret, fun weapon? So now Suros will be best again? Bungie really is no fun allowed. They could've just adjusted the PVP and left PVE. These changes scream impulse due to "community outrage".

Wait were people in here cheesing the vault of glass boss? the templar robot thing is by no way hard at all you don't need to cheese it or camp on the pillars on the edges.

For shame gaf.

I haven't done the raid yet, but I'm kinda with you on this one, at least for the raid. I just wonder how long it'll be before they tweak the cheese spots in strikes so you can't reliably solo Nightfall content.

Strikes I kind of don't care, because Strikes are, let's be honest, boring compared to the raid.

After doing the raid both the legit way, and cheesing it, I much prefer doing it the legit way. I feel way more accomplished, and it's more fun that way. Sure, it's harder, but it's SUPPOSED to be hard.

"I don't cheese bosses therefore NO ONE should be allowed to do it"

Oh, I cheese them. I just find it extremely boring and not fun at all.

Cømet

Banned
Next step- whinge to high heaven til all FRs are nerfed. Now ARs are done, they're the most OP weapon crucible.

Not like I can really be bothered with PvP any more anyway.

Strikes I kind of don't care, because Strikes are, let's be honest, boring compared to the raid.

After doing the raid both the legit way, and cheesing it, I much prefer doing it the legit way. I feel way more accomplished, and it's more fun that way. Sure, it's harder, but it's SUPPOSED to be hard.

Oh, I cheese them. I just find it extremely boring and not fun at all.

And RNGesus sees all and rewards you appropriately. See PvP rewards.

E92 M3

The Suros will be the strongest weapon again. It's just so frustrating when Bungie makes these dumb nerfs which lead to useless weapons. 34% is huge....thanks a lot PVP because of crucible the PVE people can't have fun with unique weapons.

ERMint13

What does it matter if people cheese it? Who cares?

It doesn't change the fact if you want to beat it the normal way. No way forces players to cheese the first boss.

There's not even a point to hard raid anymore.

Yep. I didn't even plan to use the Mythoclast in PvP, I just hoped to have it so PvE would be easier. Now there's really no point.

In fact I don't even see a point to play Destiny anymore, as it seems I've already done all there was to do (I'm level 30).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom